Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? (5198 Views)

Novel Readers(nora Robert,dan Brown,daniel Steele,sydney Sheldon) / Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by doja(m): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2009
Mine was

'Alibaba and the forty thieves'
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by dominique(f): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

That book was craaaaaaaaaaap!!

The movie was even more crappy.

yeah the movie was horrible, liked the book though, at least its better than wuthering heights.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by oolumide: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2009
SISI by Yemi Sikuade it was a Pacesetter serie
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by mayor007(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2009
I was five or six years old then, It was a novel called "Ivanhoe", I can't recall the name of the author,
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by SamMilla1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2009
King solomon's mines

i was like 9 then
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by joeboy1: 2:33am On Apr 06, 2009
@poster.
how could u start with flowers in the attic. that book is scary.
mine is the bottled leopard, classic
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 06, 2009
I loved bottled leopard . . . the Nma angle was such a sweet love story. Nwanchuk! grin
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by donjon: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2009
Mine was treasure island @ age 10
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by skyrocker(f): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2009
my very first novel was 'the vulture is a patient bird' by Hardley chase immediatelt after that was 'roots'
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by pikkythoms: 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2009
mine was 'piped piper of hamelin'
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Redman44(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2009
@mayor007

IVANHOE was written by Sir Walter Scott. KING' SOLOMON'S MINES was written by Sir Rider H Haggard.

Cheers

Redman

www.toluihidero..com
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Meedu(m): 1:28am On Apr 09, 2009
KING SOLOMON MINES
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by nwakaibe(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2009
Good old Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe
No longer at ease. That is my first knowledge of Lagos cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by ollybosieb: 12:41am On Apr 10, 2009
I can't remember but i think is , too cold for comfort or love on the rock.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by xyzb4b4(m): 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2009
Am not really sure but i think it was ''How the Leopard got his Claws'' cnt remember the Authur though. wink
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
She stoops to conquer.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by maedan(f): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Mine was an ancient M&B novel, can't remember the name for now, but it started an M&B frenzy (in primary sch, imagine tongue) that lasted up till the end of my teens. I can't stand to read one now, but in those days it was so popular with us in school that it could cause a fight if you "borrowed" one without permission tongue.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by netotse(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2009
if it wasnt one of them john is a boy books it would have been an M & B grin
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by muhsin(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2009
An Arabian Night's Entertainment by. . .can't recall the author's name. grin
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by mindeh(f): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2009
My first was of the Sweet Valley Twins.I loved that series
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Akanniade(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens i.e if chike and the river, ifeanyi and obi, etc dont count.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by ravenzord(m): 1:41am On Dec 30, 2009
I can't remember my exact first novel,started out with lotsa Famous Five novels around the age of 6,then I discovered my sister's cache of M&B novels when I was 7,used to read those with a torch under the bed. However, the novel that launched me into the big time was John Grisham's 'The Firm',very good novel,think I was around 8 or 9 then and I still remember the plot to today. Haven't looked back since then.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Odunnu: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2010
'Street boy' was I thnk my first novel,kant remembr d author and though I really ddnt undstand it then,it was interestin.Then I delvd in2 d 'famous5' Enid Blyton and 'Pacesetterz' series.God,i remembr hw i compete wt my nxt door nebo Habiba, on who reads fastr and more.Nice childhood memories.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by saraaahmad: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2010
plzzz suggest me some decent novels, i have to present it in my class,
please help me, sad
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by weizman(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2010
mine was the child who must not cry by LANTERN BOOKS(literary),4gotten d author undecided
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by GL(f): 2:07am On Dec 17, 2010
i can't remember my first storybook for sure, but it was most likely a Ladybird book; i read so many of them when i was really young. elves & the shoemaker, gingerbread man, 3 billygoats gruff, chicken licken,

saraaahmad:

plzzz suggest me some decent novels, i have to present it in my class,
please help me, sad

do you have any particular genre in mind?
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Irk(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2010
Mine is Sons and Lovers by D.H Lawrence. Cool
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by rhodemma: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
i've read so many books that i can't remember my very first novel. I went through the ladybird phase, Enid Blyton, pacesetters series to mills and boon, to silhouette series etc
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by tpia1: 1:23am On Jul 16, 2014
no, i cant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Love Stinks..... A Short Story / 3 Sisters And A Corper / In Our Prime. A Very Short Medical Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.