Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI (23386 Views)

Police Accused Of Killing Prophet's Son In Lagos, Seize Corpse (Disturbing Pics) / Oil Thieves Arrested With Wooden Boats From Nigerian Navy Ship / Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
He must be GEJ's brother

1 Like

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by easyelliot(m): 12:03am On Aug 26, 2015
He should have declared the correct amount and shown proof of how he earned it. Mumu....giving us all a bad name.
Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by hedonistic: 12:13am On Aug 26, 2015
dridowu:
LINTHICUM, Md. (AP) — Customs and Border Patrol agents have seized more than $40,000 in unreported currency from a Nigerian traveler at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.

The Department of Homeland Security announced Monday that the man who arrived at BWI on a flight from London on Sunday initially declared that he had $5,000. The man later amended that to $22,000, but officials say customs agents ultimately discovered more than $42,700 on the man and in his luggage. The money was seized and the man was advised on how to file a petition for the return of the currency. He has not been charged with a crime.

There’s no limit on how much currency travelers can import and export, but they must report amounts larger than $10,000.

The highlighted part is the difference between oyinbo people and backward law enforcement idiots in Africa and Nigeria in particular.

1 Like

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by Ayatullah(m): 12:40am On Aug 26, 2015
sukkot:
ok na. was his name ebele ?

Why try to denigrate Ebele? Is that the kind of peanut he carries about?

Orubebe will reply you sooner than later.

On a more serious note the arrested man who knows he is very likely going to forfeit that sum of money must have been tutored by 'The Ebeles' directly or indirectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by Ayatullah(m): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2015
hedonistic:

The highlighted part is the difference between oyinbo people and backward law enforcement idiots in Africa and Nigeria in particular.

Please you are free to migrate to meet your Oyinbo Masters.

So to your hedonistic mind when they enslaved your forefathers your Oyinbo Masters were fantastic.
Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by hedonistic: 12:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Ayatullah:

Please you are free to migrate to meet your Oyinbo Masters.

So to your hedonistic mind when they enslaved your forefathers your Oyinbo Masters were fantastic.

The context of what I talked about is clear. If you choose to ignore that and deny the disgraceful way things are in your backward country and continent, then that is only typical. Empty chest beating and outsized ego in spite of colossal nothingness.

1 Like

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by caprock(m): 1:28am On Aug 26, 2015
I travelled to Houston George bush airport with 20,000 dollars two weeks ago and I declared the exact amount. There was no problem. You don't have to tell lies. Nigerians should learn to always tell the truth.

1 Like

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by Legendbaba1(m): 1:39am On Aug 26, 2015
U need a gas cooker imported call me 08023917741, 08072725077

Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by madjune(m): 4:14am On Aug 26, 2015
VOTE FOR MADJUNE AT WWW.MOBILEBOOKSHELF.COM

TORMENT OF THE WITCHING TREE (POEM ENTRY)
Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by adconline(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
onetrack:
This is a standard rule at most airports worldwide. If you have large amounts of cash or other monetary instruments, just declare it. But electronic transfers are much safer anyway.
U haven't been following the news. FX deposits arent allowed by Naija banks. If u have $€£ in ur dom account, you are barred from transferring it to another country. The only option is to withdraw it, but there is a penalty for withdrawal.
Re: US Customs Agents Seize $40K From Nigerian Traveler At BWI by adconline(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
caprock:
I travelled to Houston George bush airport with 20,000 dollars two weeks ago and I declared the exact amount. There was no problem. You don't have to tell lies. Nigerians should learn to always tell the truth.
Thanks! And it's usually someone who has never crossed border that would advise them not to declare.. Most Nigerians love to offer subjective opinion from their bottomless pit of ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti / Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 / Traders Suffer Losses As Flood Washes Away Shops In Anambra Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.