Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25738 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
paulGrundy:

Even the apostles never claimed to be the link to the truth, or claimed that they have salvation.

Really ? Apostles never claim to be the link to the truth and they said this :

" Now we COMMAND you , brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to keep away from every brother who walks irresponsibly AND NOT ACCORDING TO THE TRADITION RECEIVED FROM US" - 2 The 3:6

And they say this:

" if anyone does not obey WHAT WE SAY in this letter, take note of him. Have nothing to do with him so that he will feel ashamed" - 2 The 3:14

That's the problem with you folks is that you are erronoesly trained to believe that an organization will interprete scripture for you, my bible tells me that the spirit reveals the deep things of God, not any watchtower or organization.

Rili ? U dont go to church grin
Moreover can you share some of the things the spirit have revealed to you? Lets see
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:

lol

you don't celebrate birthdays because there is no biblical injuction for it? Common dear what did Paul teach concernin the observance of days.

You guys need to take it easy you have left the doctrines of the Lord and u are pursueing traditions. Observance of days does not make a man a sinner wether it is birthday or anniversary e.t.c, a Christian should know this. You mentioned some early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays are you aware they celebrated death days and "rebirth" days. While other didn't even care.

A p.ost filled with personal assumptions and some unscriptural death and rebirth days celebration . No single scripture
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

"Serve me or die" embarassed embarassed embarassed

E tire me o, my brother embarassed

I do not belive in the punitive uncle conception, nor do I believe that God is Santa claus.

I believe a bit differently from most. Yahweh is life itself, He is Love itself, In Him mercy is personified, in Him do we trully have life and by our own conscious choice we decide if we want communion with him, He invites us to this communion, He want in there. To live in Him is to live, to reject His is to die. It is not some punitive measure, it is simply a corresponding reality. As without the sun, organic living things dies, because they are separated from an important life principle so is it with God without him we will truely die, we will die the true death.

Death isn't exactly the strike back of the punitive God in response to our ultimate choice, Death is instead the direct consequence of our chioce.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:

I do not belive in the punitive uncle conception, nor do I believe that God is Santa claus.

I believe a bit differently from most. Yahweh is life itself, He is Love itself, In Him mercy is personified, in Him do we trully have life and by our own conscious choice we decide if we want communion with him, He invites us to this communion, He want in there. To live in Him is to live, to reject His is to die. It is not some punitive measure, it is simply a corresponding reality. As without the sun, organic living things dies, because they are separated from an important life principle so is it with God without him we will truely die, we will die the true death.

Death isn't exactly the strike back of the punitive God in response to our ultimate choice, Death is instead the direct consequence of our chioce.

What class do you belong----Atheist.....? Christian? Muslim?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Just admit the underlined !
i wrote the underline, i didn't deny it or didn't have seizures when writting it so I am well aware of what I wrote. There may be reasons where excommunication is resorted to, but i never added "shunning". And my point is excommunication is not a tool of removing precieved "bad people", if that is what ur group uses it for then they are doing exactly what God condemned. He bible says "leave the weeds to grow with the wheat" untill harvest time when God will make the separation himself.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
MzNelly:

What class do you belong----Atheist.....? Christian? Muslim?

now you're simply looking for a box to put me. .

I am a Christian
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

A p.ost filled with personal assumptions and some unscriptural death and rebirth days celebration . No single scripture

you are becoming unneccesarily defensive. I am not fighting with you.

One of you guys claimed that a book written in the 19th century say some early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays and claimed that is one of the reason jws don't celebrate it, i simply noted that the exact Christians who didn't celebrate birthdays actually celebrated deathdays! If you claim you are following some early Christians example then u are not following it correctly.

I made no assumptions, you guys have decided to make laws where God didn't make laws and called people sinners who God didn't call sinner, you are trampling God's commandment with human tradition (cf mk 7).

Paul in his epistle gave a teaching about the observance of days and clearly showed it didn't matter in as much as they are observed "in d lord". If you can't recognise that i am alluding to scripture maybe it is your knowledge of scripture that is defective.

While i may be happy to give chapter and verse daily, i do not need to mention chapter and verse each time a allude to scripture.

You can drop the defensive tone now I am not the enemy.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Really ? Apostles never claim to be the link to the truth and they said this :

Yes, apostle Paul saw himself as furtherer of the truth not a link.

Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness—

Note the definitive article "THE" implying just one truth- JESUS john 14:6

" Now we COMMAND you , brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to keep away from every brother who walks irresponsibly AND NOT ACCORDING TO THE TRADITION RECEIVED FROM US" - 2 The 3:6

And they say this:

" if anyone does not obey WHAT WE SAY in this letter, take note of him. Have nothing to do with him so that he will feel ashamed" - 2 The 3:14

Your quotes confirmed my earlier assertions. @the caps, the apostles got the traditions from Jesus- the truth, nothing more, nothing less of what Jesus taught.

Rili ? U dont go to church grin
Moreover can you share some of the things the spirit have revealed to you? Lets see

I go to church, and I know that pastors and co are there to perfect saints for ministry work Eph 5:11-12. Not to conjure truth.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ubenedictus:

now you're simply looking for a box to put me.

I am a Christian

Hmmn.

Ex Jw?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:15am On Sep 02, 2015
paulGrundy:

Yes, apostle Paul saw himself as furtherer of the truth not a link.
Titus 1:1
Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness—
Note the definitive article "THE" implying just one truth- JESUS john 14:6
Your quotes confirmed my earlier assertions. @the caps, the apostles got the traditions from Jesus- the truth, nothing more, nothing less of what Jesus taught.

but
Titus 1:1 still prove increased knowledge of truth can only be gotten from the Apostles @underlined , Not from the pharisees or Rabbis ; The apostles are therefore the middlemen/Link between Jesus and a sincere truth seeker (Eph 2:20 )

I go to church,and I know that pastors and co are there to perfect saints for ministry work Eph 5:11-12. Not to conjure truth.

Should pastors TEACH sciptural truth ? Yes or No !

Which ministry work ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
paulGrundy:

Never knew FDS were 2000+ years old cheesy

Even the apostles never claimed to be the link to the truth, or claimed that they have salvation.

Salvation was ascribed to JESUS only Acts 4:12

That's the problem with you folks is that you are erronoesly trained to believe that an organization will interprete scripture for you, my bible tells me that the spirit reveals the deep things of God, not any watchtower or organization.

Wish you could answer my questions

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

Wish you could answer my questions

What question??
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Ubenedictus(m): 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
MzNelly:

Hmmn.

Ex Jw?
no dear.

I did grow up with a lot of watch tower articles, (i have an aunt and cousins who are witness)
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by dolphinheart(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
paulGrundy:

What question??
The one I asked you
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

The one I asked you

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:

but
Titus 1:1 still prove increased knowledge of truth can only be gotten from the Apostles @underlined , Not from the pharisees or Rabbis ; The apostles are therefore the middlemen/Link between Jesus and a sincere truth seeker (Eph 2:20 )

1 Timothy 2:5King James Version (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and [size=20pt]one mediator[/size] between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

DEFINITION OF
MEDIATOR
n a negotiator who acts as a [size=20pt]link[/size] between parties
Synonyms:
go-between, intercessor, intermediary, intermediator

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/mediator

Any other link (organization or man) is an impostor.

Should pastors TEACH sciptural truth ? Yes or No !

Which ministry work ?

There is a ministry work of a teacher, he explains truth not manufacture truth.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
paulGrundy:

1 Timothy 2:5King James Version (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and [size=20pt]one mediator[/size] between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/mediator

Any other link (organization or man) is an impostor.

Your knowledge of scripture is zero ! Jesus is the mediator and that mean he will speak and explain truth for his disciples from heaven , right ? Am wondering why the brothers and sisters in the first century travelled to jerusalem to tell the apostles to resolve the matter regarding circumcision , why didnt they travel to heaven and tell Jesus to resolve it ?

There is a ministry work of a teacher, he explains truth not manufacture truth.
Very good ! Since have been reading the JW's publication , THEY also explain the truth in the bible , you will always find scriptural quotes in "() " throughout the magazines . Infact its very difficult to read those magazines without me going into the bedroom to pick my bible .

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
Jozzy4:
Your knowledge of scripture is zero !

Sound like a typical response from dolphinheart.

Jesus is the mediator and that mean he will speak and explain truth for his disciples from heaven , right ?

Romans 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

John 14:26

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John16:13, 1Corith 2:13

Am wondering why the brothers and sisters first century christains in the first century travelled to jerusalem to tell the apostles to resolve the matter regarding circumcision , why didnt they travel to heaven and tell Jesus to resolve it ?[/b]

[quote]Very good ! Since have been [been a member] reading the JW's publication , THEY also explain the truth in the bible , you will always find scriptural quotes in "() " throughout the magazines . Infact its very difficult to read those magazines our literature without me going into the bedroom to pick my bible .
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2015
paulGrundy:

Sound like a typical response from dolphinheart.

The above show you have some personal pr.oblems.

Romans 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

John 14:26

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John16:13, 1Corith 2:13

Today , who are those preaching the goodnews of Gods Kingdom in all the earth as prophesied in Matt 24:14 ?

Ii. Who are those known and identified worldwide for preaching ?

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Jozzy4:

The above show you have some personal pr.oblems.

Anyone who doesn't carry a bag full of awake! And watchtower going door to door has "personal problems".

Today , who are those preaching the goodnews of Gods Kingdom in all the earth as prophesied in Matt 24:14 ?

Ii. Who are those known and identified worldwide for preaching ?

The preaching work is NOT a prophetic fulfillment, its a command/mandate. This command is not customized with a watchtower patent stamp, after all watchtower society was not even in existence when it was given.

Mark 16:15

2 Corinthians 5:11-21New International Version (NIV)

The Ministry of Reconciliation
11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

[size=20pt]christains are the ones given the mandate to preach[/size].
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2015
paulGrundy:

Anyone who doesn't carry a bag full of awake! And watchtower going door to door has "personal problems".

The preaching work is NOT a prophetic fulfillment, its a command/mandate. This command is not customized with a watchtower patent stamp, after all watchtower society was not even in existence when it was given.

Mark 16:15

2 Corinthians 5:11-21New International Version (NIV)

The Ministry of Reconciliation
11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it

Who are those known worldwide for doing the preaching work today ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Jozzy4:

Who are those known worldwide for doing the preaching work today ?

I can see that some parts of my quote has been cut-off, and I can also see that you are bent on trolling. I will leave you to it, accurate truth is too sacred to be trampled on by pigs.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
paulGrundy:

[s]
I can see that some parts of my quote has been cut-off, And I can also see that you are bent on trolling. I will leave you to it, accurate truth is too sacred to be trampled on by pigs. [/s]

Answer my question
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by joseph1832(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Em....

Do you believe in the Bible?

I must ask what you mean by 'believe in the Bible' so I can give you a concrete answer.

*sorry for replying this late.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
joseph1832:
I must ask what you mean by 'believe in the Bible' so I can give you a concrete answer.

*sorry for replying this late.

It's a simple question.

Do you believe in the contents and authenticity of the Bible?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by joseph1832(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
MzNelly:

It's a simple question.

Do you believe in the contents and authenticity of the Bible?
Some I believe, some I don't.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Sisters are not allowed to marry who they love but
must "marry only in the Lord" while brother are at
liberty to "convert and marry".

as for this statement above I can't really dwell much on it but d above statement is never true. Let's simply put it as its better to marry people of your own kind so as to avoid problems later in life except the two couples involved come to some sort of agreement. But that doesn't still guarantee the success of their union.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not evolve?

The Witnesses are great Bible students, I'll give them that.
It's not a matter of leaving the JW to a church here....

The issue is there are certain things with them I'm not cool with.
I thought I already explained this.
It's quite funny, thinking you will find a solution to your crisis on NL
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
It's quite funny, thinking you will find a solution to your crisis on NL

Yeah, I know
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:
I think you need to get your head straight a bit. . No atheist believes or hates any deity. . What atheist argue against is the propagation of myth as truth and the psychological abuse being laid on the world by religions using their God concept. . That someone discusses Gandalf doesn't mean he exists or i may say that because you are a christian you hate the muslim God, so get your facts straight and stop making untrue daft assertions.
No we are trying to subject your beliefs to scrutiny so as you rid you of your delusion by triggering independent reason in you as a human..

When people sell ancient mythologies as truth in public, they should expect to be challenged, refuted and that stupendous mythology criticized. . . I only wonder how your brain works when you can't discern discussing a concept doesn't entail acknowledging that concept exists as an entity..
if a God is non-existent, why the fuss?
You guys I mean atheists show up on every thread about religion asking questions just to reaffirm yourself that you're on track. Let the docile ones be.... Is it that difficult?
If you're so sure of the path you've chosen, you should have peace. if you ask me, people standing on a shaky pedestal are those who FAQS
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by smexy(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
MzNelly:

Yeah, I know
then why bring it up?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
smexy:
then why bring it up?

Cos I wasn't looking for answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why You Must Never Make Sex Videos / 8 Facts That Proove All White Garment Churches Are Demon Possessed / Christian Terrorists!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.