Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,897 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25507 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Have you had time to read the "Shepherd The Flock Of God Book"? (if no, its available online)

I felt disheartened to see the biased writings of the governing body and hypocritical anecdotal scenarios.

E.g. Unmarried young people who move in together commits a sin but unmarried Elderly folks are allowed to move in together not counted as sin.

I have the pdf version.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Have you had time to read the "Shepherd The Flock Of God Book"? (if no, its available online)

I felt disheartened to see the biased writings of the governing body and hypocritical anecdotal scenarios.

E.g. Unmarried young people who move in together commits a sin but unmarried Elderly folks are allowed to move in together not counted as sin.

Are you an atheist now or...?

TheDauraMallam:

I have the pdf version.

Can I have it please?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Lol. It's really funny when people assume I'm moslem because of my moniker.

You know I actually typed the above because I assumed mallam were from the north. Assumption, but not sure. Then I crosschecked google and viola, I was wrong!

To even think I had erroneously explained myself on previous Nairaland threads and was believed by people without checking out the facts is baffling.

OK. I'm not a moslem. The moniker was created in allegiance to Buhari's presidential campaign, ergo Daura. I was born into the JW faith. The book that actually messed up my mind about the JW doctrines were Mankind's Search for God, All Dan Brown Novels, and the Internet.

Here below was a comment I posted in 2009, with my first Nairaland account:

Lol, I saw the movie but I couldn't finish it.
The things it said, and the way it presented it....lol. I wasn't strong enough to withstand all the falsehood contained therein.

I think the more one strives to know, the less one actually knows.
I personally don't like philosophy novels.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Proof of God's existence:
Life did not and cannot arise spontaneously from lifeless material. This is in complete agreement with scientific laws and experimental tests. The laws of statistics, entropy, calculations from thermodynamics and kinetics all converge on the conclusion that spontaneous generation of life cannot occur. It just does not happen.
Ever wondered why life does not exist on Mars or other planets on its own? Just like that? undecided
[b]Bingo!!! Argumentum ad ignorantum. . Argument based on ignorance because you lack knowledge of how something started then it must be a God...

First even though i do not subscribe to any hypothesis on the emergence of life on earth, i have known quite well that Scientific hypothesis like Abiogenesis postulates emergence of single celled organisms from Organic materials instead.

So that nobody knows how life started YET is not proof of any God but rather an avenue for more study on that subject so we can ascertain how it actually happened. .

You probably do not know how large the universe is to limit your question of extra-terrestrial life on Mars alone. .And there is this thing called Goldilock zone..One can still boomarang this argument and assert "why was that God unable to create life on these other planets with seemingly unfavourable conditions" and then can conclude that emergence of life can only take place in a favourable environment of which is called Goldilock zone in science..

And between none of these planets has been explored thoroughly to establish whether they contain life even in a single celled form

The probability that earth is the only planet that harbours life in this milky way galaxy only is even almost 0.

So this is not an evidence for any God but rather simply your attempt to tender your own absurd God of the gap filler in a premise where there is lack of knowledge....
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Bingo!!! Argumentum ad ignorantum. . Argument based on ignorance because you lack knowledge of how something started then it must be a God...

First even though i do not subscribe to any hypothesis on the emergence of life on earth, i have known quite well that Scientific hypothesis like Abiogenesis postulates emergence of single celled organisms from Organic materials instead.

So that nobody knows how life started YET is not proof of any God but rather an avenue for more study on that subject so we can ascertain how it actually happened. .

You probably do not know how large the universe is to limit your question of extra-terrestrial life on Mars alone. .And there is this thing called Goldilock zone..One can still boomarang this argument and assert "why was that God unable to create life on these other planets with seemingly unfavourable conditions" and then can conclude that emergence of life can only take place in a favourable environment of which is called Goldilock zone in science..

And between none of these planets has been explored thoroughly to establish whether they contain life even in a single celled form

The probability that earth is the only planet that harbours life in this milky way galaxy only is even almost 0.

So this is not an evidence for any God but rather simply your attempt to tender your own absurd God of the gap filler in a premise where there is lack of knowledge....
[/b]

I'm done.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Are you an atheist now or...?

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

Can I have it please?

Here. It's 24 mb
www.x-jv.dk/aeldstebog.pdf

Side word. It's not as easy as it sounds but when you study all the worlds religions and ideology, you're finally left with no other options. Well, unless you don't want to hear the truth because you don't want your wishful thinking a.k.a illusions to be destroyed.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

Here. It's 24 mb
www.x-jv.dk/aeldstebog.pdf

Side word. It's not as easy as it sounds but when you study all the worlds religions and ideology, you're finally left with no other options. Well, unless you don't want to hear the truth because you don't want your wishful thinking a.k.a illusions to be destroyed.

Thanks. cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, I saw the movie but I couldn't finish it.
The things it said, and the way it presented it....lol. I wasn't strong enough to withstand all the falsehood contained therein.

I think the more one strives to know, the less one actually knows.
I personally don't like philosophy novels.

My quote there was to present how naive I was back then. That was 2009. This is 2015. And the book is pure fiction. Dan Brown is just a very enthralling thriller writer.

You should read Angels and Demons! grin
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, anyone who has done deep research knows there's nothing scripturally wrong with birthdays.

Can you scripturally prove your statement above ?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Is there a Scriptural injunction that tells you not to celebrate your date of birth? To give thanks to the Giver of life?

That two people fvcked up on their birthdays means it is scripturally wrong to celebrate yours? Tell me something else.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

My quote there was to present how naive I was back then. That was 2009. This is 2015. And the book is pure fiction. Dan Brown is just a very enthralling thriller writer.

Lol, no I'm good.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Please don't tell me that Dan Brown's books influenced you? cry
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
dumo1:
I am a Jehovah's witness and coming from Christendom I know what it was like. I am in d truth now and I thank God for guiding my path. No regrets whatsoever. I know what MzNelly is going through but when it happens I just take 2wks off from meetings and everything but I always go back cos what u learn @ d kingdom hall no pastor will stand on a pulpit and teach u, so m always grateful for d spiritual food I receive dats why no pastor can come and tell me nonsense. The question MzNelly is now that u have left where do u go? do u stay @ home or become an atheist. That's the only question I have for u.

Lol @ no pastor can tell me nonsense , i was suprised when I discover that JW'S study the exact same thing all over the world on sundays.

Thats Unique

But why is it difficult for ex - JW's to join another church or religion? Am curious coz even raymond franz still agree with the witnesses on trinity and hellfire. Infact , he didnt join any religion . WHY?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

MzNelly post=37487561:

Lol, anyone who has done deep research knows there's nothing scripturally wrong with birthdays.

False Analogy everywhere.

The reasons Jehovah's Witnesses abhor birthday celebrations is because on each occurrence, something terrible happened. These three accounts bear brief examination.

The first account is in Genesis. Pharaoh, the Egyptian king, celebrated his birthday by executing his chief baker (Gen. 40:1-23). God gave Joseph special understanding of a dream by Pharaoh’s butler and baker, that the baker would lose his life three days after Joseph interpreted the dream. Joseph understood that Pharaoh would use this occasion—his own birthday party—to put his baker to death. As the dream had foretold, the baker was hung at the party.

In the second account, the New Testament figure Herod the tetrarch reluctantly ordered the beheading of John the Baptist (Matt. 14:3-11). Notice verse six: “But when Herod’s birthday was kept…” During the dancing and merry-making at his birthday party, Herod got carried away and eventually made a promise that he did not want to keep. As a result, a great servant of God lost his life.

The final account is found in the book of Job. The Bible says that Job’s seven sons “went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them” (Job 1:4). These parties were obviously not centered around any kind of celebration related to God, or Job would not have worried that his children may have sinned during these celebration feasts. He was not exactly sure what was going on in their minds, but the very celebration of their birthdays triggered great concern in him (1:5). Apparently, during the birthday party of Job’s oldest son, God allowed Satan to kill all 10 of Job’s children through what appears to be a tornado (vs. 6-13, 18-19).

JW's further twist this to represent God's displease with birthday celebrations. For example in Job 3. Take time to read the entire chapter carefully. Job spends much time cursing every aspect of the day of his birth. The loss of all of his children, due to a birthday celebration, stunned and sobered him. His words make plain that there is nothing good about the day of a man’s birth. He openly cursed the day he was born.

This is basically the sole origin of JWs hatred for birthdays.

JWs like any other christian sect are just so good at cherrypicking bible verses. What a sane non biased human should have asked is this: Basically when something bad happens in the bible, it shows the biblical god is displeased, right? Meaning the burden is automatically shifted from Satan the Devil? Or does it mean god allows Satan the Devil to disrupt birthday celebrations? And when something good happens, god is pleased, right?

Answer my question, Jozzy4, and I will bombard you with examples they failed to show you in the bible and your watchtower publications!
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lol @ no pastor can tell me nonsense , i was suprised when I discover that JW'S study the exact same thing all over the world on sundays.

Thats Unique

But why is it difficult for ex - JW's to join another church or religion? Am curious coz even raymond franz still agree with the witnesses on trinity and hellfire. Infact , he didnt join any religion . WHY?

How come you're not a Witness?

Faith without works is dead, you know tongue
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
oreos:

Please don't tell me that Dan Brown's books influenced you? cry

No they didn't

Dan brown writes fiction.

His book only convinced me I have believed in a sweet lie because there has never been a refuting evidence presented.

His book was the first book that awoken my cognitive dissonance. That made me research and question things, rather than swallowing them hook line and sinker without evidence.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Bullseye!!! My position exactly. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Thats Unique

After I left the JW bullshit, I tried scrutinizing every other christian denomination, even the ones JW elders told their tricks, trinity and all. They all failed. I grew up in a very mixed religious area; around 10 I used to follow my friends to mosques. I was very good with the arabics alphabet. But I stopped going there because I was brainwashed convinced that the religion was false. I couldn't question anything really back then.

If you successfully free your chains from the horrific slavery of the JW tradition, it is be very hard to find another religion. By the time you're pioneering you'd already know the tricks and fallacies of every major religion in the world, while the JW tradition is painted as the one and only road.

Most ex JWs always end up being agnostic.

I convinced my mom. And life has been beautiful ever since.

Dad is old. Has not much of a cholce. And if you'd spent close to the first 50 years of your life believing a lie, you'd rather die by it, even if you realize it's a lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, no I'm good.

What if I asked you to read the Koran or, say, The Epic of Gilgamesh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

If you are indeed looking for the truths and answers, you got to ignite the fire of curiosity in you. So when someone comes over with a knowledge of something you don't know or have any idea of, you are not taken aback.

What if I told you the Noah's Arc story was plagiarized from a much more older (ancient) poem from Mesopotamia, called The Epic of Gilgamesh?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Is there a Scriptural injunction that tells you not to celebrate your date of birth? To give thanks to the Giver of life?

That two people fvcked up on their birthdays means it is scripturally wrong to celebrate yours? Tell me something else.

I'm a passive witness (Agnostic maybe) for now.

Lots of JWs are disillusioned. I never forget the incidence that happened in 2009 in Eastern Nigeria, a CO committed suicide in the wee hour of the morning in the cong he was serving and his corpse was taken to morgue and till date no one was allowed to question why or what happen?

Sisters are not allowed to marry who they love but must "marry only in the Lord" while brother are at liberty to "convert and marry".

My problem is with those 7 men in Brooklyn that are lording it over people and family.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

I'm a passive witness (Agnostic maybe) for now.

Lots of JWs are disillusioned. I never forget the incidence that happened in 2009 in Eastern Nigeria, a CO committed suicide in the wee hour of the morning in the cong he was serving and his corpse was taken to morgue and till date no one was allowed to question why or what happen?

Sisters are not allowed to marry who they love but must "marry only in the Lord" while brother are at liberty to "convert and marry".

My problem is with those 7 men in Brooklyn that are lording it over people and family.

http://www.jwfacts.com/

Enjoy and thank me later.

MzNelly
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
I thought you gonna give me scripture , but All I see in your post is emotion .
MzNelly:

Is there a Scriptural injunction that tells you not to celebrate your date of birth?

And is there a scriptural injunction that tells you to celebrate your date of birth ? Why didnt we see any friend of God in the scriptures doing it ? Why is it that only that of pagans are documented ?

To give thanks to the Giver of life?

I do that everyday. No until we party or some group of boys beat me mercilessly as done in todays birthday festival rituals . So cruel .

its there for a reason ( 2 timothy 3:16,17) .

A book written in 1848 named " THE HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION AND CHURCH DURING THE FIRST THREE CENTURIES said the idea of a birthday festival is far from those early christians .
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

How come you're not a Witness?

Faith without works is dead, you know tongue

Lol , am doing a bible study for now ; its great.

Its a shame that those who despise JW's are those born into it , but for those who had tasted the hypocrisy in christendom its greatly appreciated .

I regularly read the stories of JW's in awake and watchtower , most of them are from various religions , so am not suprised that they fell in love with Jehovah's witnesses .

While we are busy voting for a human govt every four years . Some people stick with Jesus Voice " Let your kingdom come" . Thats great
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

Thats Unique

May be you should sit down and ask yourself:

Why do I need a religion?

If I were your father and I ask of you to worship me day and night and recite supplications every hour facing the west and calling my name 20 times daily. how would you feel?

Maybe for the first 20 years, you might have no option but to do that. However, when I incessantly call remind me, you might feel overwhelmed and decide not to. Now this is probably rebellious to some people. How then would you feel if I challenge you asking why you haven't recite your supplications for a while? Let's assume you give a plausible excuse. How again would you feel if I should start by telling you I am the one that possesed the sperm that made you, I fed you took care of you and all that but common sign of obeisance you no fit show...how would you feel?

If I were in your shoes, I'd ask such a person if I was the one that forced him to birth me. Why must I keep a ritual because you gave birth to me?

Who send you message? grin

What and how does it make you feel?

Above are the qualities of an vile egocentric god. I don't wan't to worship such. It's unfortunate that that's the picture portrayed by both the christian and moslem gods.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

- Epicurus

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but...will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

-Marcus Aurelius

I don’t know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn’t.

-Jules Renard
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:
I thought you gonna give me scripture , but All I see in your post is emotion .

And is there a scriptural injunction that tells you to celebrate your date of birth ? Why didnt we see any friend of God in the scriptures doing it ? Why is it that only that of pagans are documented ?

I do that everyday. No until we party or some group of boys beat me mercilessly as done in todays birthday festival rituals . So cruel .

its there for a reason ( 2 timothy 3:16,17) .

A book written in 1848 named " THE HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION AND CHURCH DURING THE FIRST THREE CENTURIES said the idea of a birthday festival is far from those early christians .

Is there any scriptural injunction for celebrating "Anniversary"?

Case in point Our Kingdom Ministry Aug 2014 "Celebrating 100yrs of Kingdom Rule" ()
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

The problem with the Witnesses is that they are too over zealous, and want Scriptural backing on everything, even in issues that just needs their own discernment.
The worst part is that they then impose it on others, which is beyond preposterous,

ROM 3:3,4. Says let God be found true even if everyman be found a lair.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Jozzy4:

And is there a scriptural injunction that tells you to celebrate your date of birth ? Why didnt we see any friend of God in the scriptures doing it ? Why is it that only that of pagans are documented?

Going by your faulty reasoning, do you want me to list down legal things that Friends of [the biblical] god did in the scriptures that would have earned them a jail card now?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 1:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

ROM 3:3,4. Says let God be found true even if everyman be found a lair.

Does God lie?

No, God cannot and does not lie.

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent. Numbers 23:19
The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent. 1 Samuel 15:29
Thou art that God, and thy words be true. 2 Samuel 7:28
Thy word is true from the beginning. Psalm 119:160
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began. Titus 1:2
It was impossible for God to lie. Hebrews 6:18

Yes, God lies by proxy; He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 1 Kings 22:23
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets. 2 Chronicles 18:22
Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. Jeremiah 4:10
O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jeremiah 20:7
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Ezekiel 14:9
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

BINGO grin

**Sips Orijin while waiting for his cognitive abilities to shut down**
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by firestar(f): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
IsaacBuchi:

I don't really know how this Nairaland PM thing works...I sent the message and i got a mail in my inbox rather....I cant even tell if it got to you or not....however, my details bear no security risk as i am no star yet grin......so here is my contacts: 0*******and ***(((***....Thank You

It worked.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by blackmantis: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Does God lie?

No, God cannot and does not lie.

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent. Numbers 23:19
The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent. 1 Samuel 15:29
Thou art that God, and thy words be true. 2 Samuel 7:28
Thy word is true from the beginning. Psalm 119:160
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began. Titus 1:2
It was impossible for God to lie. Hebrews 6:18

Yes, God lies by proxy; He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 1 Kings 22:23
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets. 2 Chronicles 18:22
Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. Jeremiah 4:10
O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jeremiah 20:7
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Ezekiel 14:9
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11

BINGO grin

**Sips Orijin while waiting for his cognitive abilities to shut down**

Those who were decieved was because they failed to accept the truth.
2Thesalonian 2:9-12.
As for Jeremiah he thought he could not continue his mission but Gods power overshadowed him and helped him fulfill his commission. Jeremiah felt God decieved him because he thought he was alone. Jer 20:11

GOD DOES NOT LIE
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
firestar:

Send me a PM.
There's a poetry class currently on WhatsApp:
Nairaland Poetry Club.

Firestar, I have to commend you on efforts to shape our mainly youthful members through the promotion of arts and writing. I did send you a pm sometime wanting to contribute but got no response. Kudos
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
blackmantis:

Those who were deceived was because they failed to accept the truth.
2Thesalonian 2:9-12.
As for Jeremiah he thought he could not continue his mission but Gods power overshadowed him and helped him fulfill his commission. Jeremiah felt God decieved him because he thought he was alone. Jer 20:11

GOD DOES NOT LIE

If God could lie or be deceived, if he could deceive or act in any sort of unkind way, God would not be omnipotent because this sort of behavior is not worthy of an omnipotent being.

Those who were deceived was because they failed to accept the truth.
Maybe you should re read the paragraph below.

God sends a lying spirit (1 Kings 22:22) - “And the Lord said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.'"

The question is, why would the source of your so called moral code send a deceiving spirit to a person? How would you prove false a person who lies and claims God sent a lying spirit into him and that was why he lied.

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie;…"

1 Samuel 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent (change his mind): for he is not a man, that he should repent (change his mind)."

Why then did he changed his mind about lying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Man Does Acrobatics During Deliverance Session Conducted By 'Snake Pastor'.Photo / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.