Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Questions For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Christians (1888 Views)

10 Questions For Christians / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2009
1.why is it that the biblegod in spite of all kinds of promises to heal and perform miracles, has never ever healed an amputee?
2.which of the two different creation stories in the bible is the true creation story?
3.when did jesus really die, is it on the eve of passover or on the passover day itself?
4.what time was jesus really crucified? 9am or at noon?
5. when and where did jesus really apper to the 11 disciples after his resurrection, jerusalem or galilee?
6. where did jesus really ascend into heaven? from mount olivet or from From bethany?
7.why is the biblegod so obessed with foreskins in the old testament?
8.shouldn't christian women put tags on themselves when going through menstruation?  (Leviticus 15: 19-33)
9.do you think parents should stone their child to death? 
10.what was god doing inside a wooden ark? and why did he kill the man that was trying tostop the ark from falling?
11.why didn't god bring in jesus earlier so he wouldn't have to do that flood?
12.how many days did jesus really spend on earth after he rose from the dead?
13.why did jesus tell some of his disciples that they were not going to taste death until he returns.
14. why did jesus say that those who pray to him will get anything that they ask for?
15.why does paul seem to despise the disciples of jesus so much?
16. what really happened to paul when he meet jesus? (the two account in the book of acts cancel each other out completely)
17.why does pauls teachings seem to be in sharp disagreement with the understanding and practices of jesus' own disciples?
18. why is there no universally acceptable christian doctorine and teaching?
Re: Questions For Christians by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2009
Mazaje don't turn into huxley and start spamming the religion board. First go and finish the other threads/questions you asked esp the one about God's Chosen people which I replied with detailed scriptures and you haven't responded.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2009
mazaje:

the very same reason we have fake naira notes.
Re: Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2009
davidylan:

the very same reason we have fake naira notes.

the naira is the naira any where and it is acceptable nationaly as the currency or legal tender of nigeria weather it is real real of fake it still remains the naira, but there is no real universally acceptable christianity or christian doctorine its varies greately from church to church and from region to region. so your analogy falls flat. . . . .
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2009
mazaje:

the naira is the naira any where and it is acceptable nationaly as the currency or legal tender of nigeria weather it is real real of fake it still remains the naira, but there is no real universally acceptable christianity or christian doctorine its varies greately from church to church and from region to region. so your analogy falls flat. . . . .

Salvation is universal.
Re: Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
JeSoul:

Mazaje don't turn into huxley and start spamming the religion board. First go and finish the other threads/questions you asked esp the one about God's Chosen people which I replied with detailed scriptures and you haven't responded.

don't you think these questions are valid? why can't the biblegod heal amputees? i thought christian say that there is nothinbg that he can not do? we have pastors claiming that they have rasied the dead, healed the blind cured cancer ect but we are yet to see any amputee's limbs restored. when was jesus really crucified? on the passover or on the eve of passover? this are very legitimate questions don't you think so?
Re: Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2009
davidylan:

Salvation is universal.

thats not what the bible says.

Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Eph 1:11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
Rom 9:18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

it is very clear from this verses that the biblegod has already predestined those who he is going to save and take to his heaven and those whom he has already condemed. so enough of this lie that salvation is universal. if salvation were universal the biblegod would have appeared to the whole world at once not some normadic jews and call them his chosen people as the story is written in the bible.
Re: Questions For Christians by Horus(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2009
mazaje:

1.why is it that the biblegod in spite of all kinds of promises to heal and perform miracles, has never ever healed an amputee?
2.which of the two different creation stories in the bible is the true cration story?
3.when did jesus really die, is it on the eve of passover or on the passover day itself?
4.what time was jesus really crucified? 9am or at noon?
5. when and where did jesus really apper to the 11 disciples after his resurrection, jerusalem or galilee?
6. where did jesus really ascend into heaven? from mount olivet or from From bethany?
7.why is the biblegod so obessed with foreskins in the old testament?
8.shouldn't christian women put tags on themselves when going through menstruation? (Leviticus 15: 19-33)
9.do you think parents should stone their child to death?
10.what was god doing inside a wooden ark? and why did he kill the man that was trying tostop the ark from falling?
11.why didn't god bring in jesus earlier so he wouldn't have to do that flood?
12.how many days did jesus really spend on earth after he rose from the dead?
13.why did jesus tell some of his disciples that they were not going to taste death until he returns.
14. why did jesus say that those who pray to him will get anything that they ask for?
15.why does paul seem to despise the disciples of jesus so much?
16. what really happened to paul when he meet jesus? (the two account in the book of acts cancel each other out completely)
17.why does pauls teachings seem to be in sharp disagreement with the understanding and practices of jesus' own disciples?

Very interresting questions.But where are the so christians to answer them shocked
I am not surprised to discover that the christians cannot answer the tough questions about Christianity on this thread.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
mazaje:

thats not what the bible says.

probably because we both are using two starkly different meanings of the word "universal".
When i say "salvation is universal" - i mean salvation is one thing that EVERY BIBLE-READING CHRISTIAN understands as the core/basic message of the gospel.

However when you say "universal" - you mean something that you (even though you despise the bible) feel you shld recieve without bothering to work for.

Salvation is free BUT IT IS A GIFT YOU MUST ACCEPT . . . it wont be forced on the unwilling.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2009
Horus:

Very interresting questions.But where are the so christians to answer them shocked
I am not surprised to discover that the christians cannot answer the tough questions about Christianity on this thread.

i think you'll find out most are not interested in what charlatans like mazaje have to say. When you realise the person purporting to "ask" is nothing but a renowned unintelligent scoffer you tend to prefer to spend time doing something else than offering to feed his ego.
Re: Questions For Christians by bawomolo(m): 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2009
18. why is there no universally acceptable christian doctrine and teaching?

that would come when they agree on the trinity, sabbath day, authority of the Bishop of Rome , nature of Jesus,

well we would be waiting a while for that one.
Re: Questions For Christians by huxley(m): 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
Horus:

If these questions had been raised by a known and professed muslim, you could be sure the christians would have been up in arms, throwing mud across over to the muslims. In fact, if some other christian had raised similar but questions that ellicit docrinally different responses, they would have come out again like hawks.  The religionist love nothing more than shouting at each other - faced with rationalism they put their tails between their legs and run back to mummy.
Re: Questions For Christians by JeSoul(f): 11:18pm On Mar 30, 2009
mazaje:

don't you think these questions are valid? why can't the biblegod heal amputees? i thought christian say that there is nothinbg that he can not do? we have pastors claiming that they have rasied the dead, healed the blind cured cancer ect but we are yet to see any amputee's limbs restored. when was jesus really crucified? on the passover or on the eve of passover? this are very legitimate questions don't you think so?

Stop blowing up smoke Mazaje. Go and respond to the scriptures I replied with in the thread you opened on "God's Chosen People". I have taken the time to provide you with plenty of scriptures that debunked your allegations and you did not show face to respond to them.

This is evidence enough for me you never had any genuine interest in 'discussing'.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2009
bawomolo:

that would come when they agree on the trinity, sabbath day, authority of the Bishop of Rome , nature of Jesus,

well we would be waiting a while for that one.

Trinity - explained explicitly in the bible
sabbath day - a jewish holiday not binding on christians
bishop of rome - no such nonsense is found in the bible
nature of Jesus - Even Simon Peter said it in the bible.

who disagrees with all these?
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2009
JeSoul:

Stop blowing up smoke Mazaje. Go and respond to the scriptures I replied with in the thread you opened on "God's Chosen People". I have taken the time to provide you with plenty of scriptures that debunked your allegations and you did not show face to respond to them.

This is evidence enough for me you never had any genuine interest in 'discussing'.

Have they ever? grin
Re: Questions For Christians by Bastage: 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2009
Salvation is free BUT IT IS A GIFT YOU MUST ACCEPT . . . it wont be forced on the unwilling.

What a load of contradictory bullshit.
Your version of Salvation is only free if you sell yourself into slavery.
Re: Questions For Christians by JeSoul(f): 11:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
davidylan:

Have they ever? grin
   abi o, I shoulda known better. [size=5pt]It's AIO's recent post encouraging christians to engage with them that nudged me into a few threads.[/size]
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2009
Bastage:

What a load of contradictory bullshit.
Your version of Salvation is only free if you sell yourself into slavery.

salvation is slavery to you because you dont understand it.

It is slavery to you because you cant imagine life without sin. It is slavery to you because you cant imagine submitting your will to Him who has called you into eternal fellowship with Him.
Re: Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 12:23am On Mar 31, 2009
davidylan:

i think you'll find out most are not interested in what charlatans like mazaje have to say. When you realise the person purporting to "ask" is nothing but a renowned unintelligent scoffer you tend to prefer to spend time doing something else than offering to feed his ego.

when i say you are a complete idiot i really mean it, of all the hardball questions i asked you took on the one you felt you could explain and left the others only to come and post this nonsense drivel. . . . .where did jesus first appear to 11 of his disciples after he was raised from the dead? was it in jerusalem or in in galilee? is it true that there is nothing that the biblegod can not do? if yes why can't he heal amputees?

davidylan:

probably because we both are using two starkly different meanings of the word "universal".
When i say "salvation is universal" - i mean salvation is one thing that EVERY BIBLE-READING CHRISTIAN understands as the core/basic message of the gospel.

However when you say "universal" - you mean something that you (even though you despise the bible) feel you shld recieve without bothering to work for.

how can salvation be universal when the bible says that the biblegod has predestined everything according to his will? the bible says that the biblegod has already predestined and chosen those he will save and those he wouldn't according to his will.

Php 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Joh 6:65 And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

these verses are pretty clear. . . salvation can not be universal since the biblegod chooses to draw those he wishes unto him according to what is written in the bible. all the non christians out there if we are to bo by what the bible says have been predestined to die as non christians by the biblegod, the bible also says that he hardens the hearts of those he wants to against his word everything depends on how he wants it to be so enough of your salvation is universal because the bible does not say that. how can salvation be universal when everything has already been predetermined?
Re: Questions For Christians by mazaje(m): 12:25am On Mar 31, 2009
JeSoul:

i did not respond because that will lead to another set of arguments but since you want to i will respond to your reply. . . .
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 31, 2009
mazaje:

when i say you are a complete idiot i really mean it, of all the hardball questions i asked you took on the one you felt you could explain and left the others only to come and post this nonsense drivel. . . . .where did jesus first appear to 11 of his disciples after he was raised from the dead? was it in jerusalem or in in galilee? is it true that there is nothing that the biblegod can not do? if yes why can't he heal amputees?

awww darling . . . dont put urself on a pedestal you dont deserve. "hardball" questions? cheesy You nearly made me choke on this piece of candy. I mean did you call this a "hardball" question - why is it that the biblegod in spite of all kinds of promises to heal and perform miracles, has never ever healed an amputee?

do you know the meaning of "hardball" at all or were you watching "hardball with Chris Matthews" when you made that post?

I only picked ques 18 because it was the only one that piqued my interest long enough to respond. The other questions were just too dense for words. I mean outright lies and ignorance like this one - why does pauls teachings seem to be in sharp disagreement with the understanding and practices of jesus' own disciples?

mazaje:

how can salvation be universal when the bible says that the biblegod has predestined everything according to his will? the bible says that the biblegod has already predestined and chosen those he will save and those he wouldn't according to his will.

Because again dear, you need to understand english language. Salvation is universal but you can only get it if you ask. Salvation is not the same as air, just hovering above the heads of every idiot who has a nose . . . water is universal but if you dont open your tap you can die of thirst sitting right beside it for 300yrs, water will not start flowing on its own.

mazaje:

these verses are pretty clear. . . salvation can not be universal since the biblegod chooses to draw those he wishes unto him according to what is written in the bible. all the non christians out there if we are to bo by what the bible says have been predestined to die as non christians by the biblegod, the bible also says that he hardens the hearts of those he wants to against his word everything depends on how he wants it to be so enough of your salvation is universal because the bible does not say that. how can salvation be universal when everything has already been predetermined?

Dear, what is "pretty clear" is your own ignorance.

Again like i reiterate . . . many of you dont understand the bible at all.
Re: Questions For Christians by bawomolo(m): 1:28am On Mar 31, 2009
davidylan:

Trinity - explained explicitly in the bible
sabbath day - a jewish holiday not binding on christians
bishop of rome - no such nonsense is found in the bible
nature of Jesus - Even Simon Peter said it in the bible.

who disagrees with all these?

have you ever realized people don't interpret the bible the same way as you?

So what's the point of going to main service on sunday? why not go to church on saturday with the 7th day Adventist?

You wonder why there are different christian sects if the Bible was that easy to decipher.
Re: Questions For Christians by bawomolo(m): 1:30am On Mar 31, 2009
Davidylan - What exactly do you consider sin. Is eating pork, drinking alcohol, having a tattoo a sin to you? The concept of sin is subjective within and outside Christianity. You are probably living in sin from the point of view of the amish or mormons
Re: Questions For Christians by Bastage: 1:30am On Mar 31, 2009
salvation is slavery to you because you dont understand it.

It is slavery to you because you cant imagine life without sin.

LOL no.

"Salvation" to you is something to strive for. It is a reward. Would you still be so fervent in your fundamentalism if there were no offer of Salvation.

Salvation to me is irrelevant. It is something that is out of my hands, and if it comes my way or not then so be it. Either way, it doesn't affect my faith.

You say that Salvation is a gift that you must accept. That isn't a gift. It's either a threat or a bribe.

Contrary to your (as usual) incorrect assertion, I can imagine a life without sin. I'm just not as arrogant as you so that I recognise myself as incapable of living that life.

It is slavery to you because you cant imagine submitting your will to Him who has called you into eternal fellowship with Him.

Choice, David. Comprehend the meaning of being able to choose and then come back to me and tell me that I don't understand.
He gave you a choice. There's no must, there's no bribe, there's no carrot or stick.
Discover that you have the freedom to choose and then come back and preach to me.
Re: Questions For Christians by segyemaro(m): 2:57am On Mar 31, 2009
Mazaje,we are not here to discuss and look for loopholes in any of the religion.I know you are a muslim, So you should respect other religion like yours, because if we are to throw stones at each other religion we will destroy the purpore of this forum.So leave our christain problem to us.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

have you ever realized people don't interpret the bible the same way as you?

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

The bible is plain as day.

bawomolo:

So what's the point of going to main service on sunday? why not go to church on saturday with the 7th day Adventist?

simply because its convenient for me . . . there is no set rules for the day you MUST go to church. If services were moved to tuesday night i'd gladly go so long as it is convenient for me.

bawomolo:

You wonder why there are different christian sects if the Bible was that easy to decipher.

In a school we have those who pass chemistry and those who fail, is it because the chemistry classes are very difficult to decipher?
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 31, 2009
bawomolo:

Davidylan - What exactly do you consider sin. Is eating pork, drinking alcohol, having a tattoo a sin to you? The concept of sin is subjective within and outside Christianity. You are probably living in sin from the point of view of the amish or mormons

I cringe each time i read the senseless comments from many of you clueless bible bashers. Have you bothered to READ that which you despise. The concept of sin is not subjective in christianity - it is clear as day.
Re: Questions For Christians by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 31, 2009
Bastage:

LOL no.

"Salvation" to you is something to strive for. It is a reward. Would you still be so fervent in your fundamentalism if there were no offer of Salvation.

Another senseless comment . . . salvation is a gift . . . however you must accept the gift, it wont be thrown into your laps if you dont desire or feel a need for it. You cant strive for salvation . . . just the same way you dont have to strive to get water in your tap, it is always there but you must turn the tap for the water to flow lest you die of thirst sitting by that very same life-giving tap.

Bastage:

Salvation to me is irrelevant. It is something that is out of my hands, and if it comes my way or not then so be it. Either way, it doesn't affect my faith.

1. outside salvation you have no faith.

2. You must ask for salvation, you wont get it by sitting around and despising it. Do you give your best gift to those who did not ask for it or who felt they never need it?

Bastage:

You say that Salvation is a gift that you must accept. That isn't a gift. It's either a threat or a bribe.

This is because you have a cloud of ignorance over your heart. When you go to a cocktail party, no one forces you to take a drink, you need to ask for it BUT it is free . . . you dont pay. you can sit down all day in a chair and refuse to ask for free drinks, no one will come and force it into ur hands. Does that make the drinks a bribe or a threat?

Sometimes you wonder how these people reason and then you just thank God that you have been spared the evil of Satan's shadow of unbelief.

Bastage:

Contrary to your (as usual) incorrect assertion, I can imagine a life without sin. I'm just not as arrogant as you so that I recognise myself as incapable of living that life.

by all means go ahead living a fantasy.

Bastage:

Choice, David. Comprehend the meaning of being able to choose and then come back to me and tell me that I don't understand.
He gave you a choice. There's no must, there's no bribe, there's no carrot or stick.
Discover that you have the freedom to choose and then come back and preach to me.

You have a choice to accept salvation or reject it. You made the conscious choice to reject it . . . by all means dont worry.
Re: Questions For Christians by bawomolo(m): 3:41am On Mar 31, 2009
In a school we have those who pass chemistry and those who fail, is it because the chemistry classes are very difficult to decipher?

so how do we decide who fails and who passes. Do catholics get an F, Baptists a C and Methodists a B? just wondering.

I cringe each time i read the senseless comments from many of you clueless bible bashers. Have you bothered to READ that which you despise. The concept of sin is not subjective in christianity - it is clear as day.

we get it Genius. So is the eating of pork, alcohol usage or having a tattoo or having images of Jesus considered a sin to you? Are women that use birth control committing sin?
Re: Questions For Christians by bawomolo(m): 3:42am On Mar 31, 2009
where is the damn modify button. All i'm saying is there is no one moral code among Christians. The concept of what is right and wrong differs from one christian to another.
Re: Questions For Christians by Horus(m): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2009
davidylan:

I think you'll find out most are not interested in what charlatans like mazaje have to say. When you realise the person purporting to "ask" is nothing but a renowned unintelligent scoffer you tend to prefer to spend time doing something else than offering to feed his ego.

Davidylan,why are you posting on this thread if you tend to prefer to spend time doing something else ?.You should realise that in this list of questions,some biblical references are given. I am assuming that any Christian knowledgeable enough to address these questions intelligently will not have trouble finding the biblical passages at issue. In addition, some questions assume a general familiarity with certain biblical and extra-biblical subjects which are not practical to reference because the relevant knowledge is widely dispersed through a large body of literature; for unreferenced items, a Christian who does not understand the issue probably is not well-read enough to attempt an answer.
Re: Questions For Christians by vanderjo(m): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2009
@poster,
I don't know why people ask irrevelant questions.go and find out yourself cuz those questions as far as i am concerned are irrelevant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Is Not The Blackman’s Solution! / "This Friendship Will Last Forever" -pst. Benny Hinn Speaking About Pst Chris / Atheists, This Is Where God Originated From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.