Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana (1580 Views)

Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by midolian(m): 6:18am On Aug 27, 2015

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria and human rights activist, Chief Femi Falana (SAN) has refuted media report suggesting that he gave former President Goodluck Jonathan a clean bill of health as fighting corruption in a more civilized manner.

In an interview he granted channels television, Falana had noted that Jonathan’s administration recovered $970 million from late head of state, Sani Abacha and sacked three of his ministers.

This remark by the learned silk was culled from the interview and reported that he allegedly said Jonathan fought corruption in a more civilised manner than President Muhammadu Buhari.

But in a statement he issued yesterday as a rebuttal, Falana described the said report as a “desperate move to discredit the anti corruption programme of the Muhammadu Buhari admistration”.

He said the report was the handiwork of “some misguided fellows” who have attempted to link him “with the forces of corruption that are fighting back in the country.

“I never made such a stupid statement. Hence, the “suggestion” ascribed to me is grossly misleading and downright dishonest”, Falana stated even as he challenged the reactionary forces that have twisted and manipulated his views to reproduce any statement made by him suggesting that President Jonathan fought corruption in a civilised manner.

He said, to expose the mala fide of the satanic forces that are desperate to sustain corruption and impunity in the country, Nigerian readers “may wish to check my full interview in www.channels.tv and Sunday Punch of August 23. 2015”.

On what he actually said Falana said, “In accusing the influential members of the National Peace Committee of gargantuan hypocrisy I did say that their chairman, General Abbdulsami Abubakar even probed the dead and recovered properties and over $1 billion from the Abacha loot which are contained in the Forfeiture Decree No 45 of 1999.

“With respect to President Jonathan I never said that those actions were taken quietly as they were announced and celebrated in the media by the Jonathan administration”.

The statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday continued: “Consequently, I questioned the motive of the members of the National Peace Committee in calling for ‘soft landing’ for corrupt people.“Convinced that the call was a demonstration of class solidarity I urged the Buhari administration not to be deterred in prosecuting the anti-corruption war.

“In fact, I did not hesitate in supporting President Buhari’s anti-corruption policy by citing section 15 of the Constitution which has imposed a duty on the Nigerian State to abolish corrupt practices and abuse of power”.

http://leadership.ng/news/456612/i-didnt-absolve-jonathan-on-corruption-war-falana

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by drsteroid(m): 6:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Chai! This is a big blow to all the wailers..Falana was a critics of jonathan's govt and was in no support of his 100 percent corruption tolerance,they even went as far as saying Jonathan sacked 3 ministers cos of Corruption related offences.
He came on air to tell us ' America will know if one naira was missing in Nigeria,when deziani was accused of misappopriating $20billion,and even defended stella oduah when she was accused of inflating the price of her official cars..the lists of shielded corrupt govt officials is unending under Jonathan's administration. We can stil remember vividly the saga of abba moro and the immigration recruitment scam..These are people Jonathan defended their shady deals on air,and even postulated the ' Yam and Goat theory' to back all his escapades.
Jonathan's body language and actions supported corruption and for him to have told PMB he was not aware of all the lootings carried out by his cronies attested to how clueless and corruption friendly he was.
Whoever said Jonathan fought corruption by any means should have a rethink,Jonathan's Govt is competing with Abacha's Govt as the most corrupt Govt.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by midolian(m): 6:19am On Aug 27, 2015
He said the report was the handiwork of “some misguided fellows” who have attempted to link him “with the forces of corruption that are fighting back in the country.
WailingWailers, how far na? grin

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by FORUMgod: 6:19am On Aug 27, 2015
Wat cn I say?
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by nusta(m): 6:20am On Aug 27, 2015
No one is a saint. Jonathan is corrupt but may not be more corrupt than the people painting him black.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by eleko1: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2015
See how the man put Sand Sand to SaTANist garri cheesy.Ofcus,dis is wot BarcanisaTAN knw how to do best,Twist/Feed his gullible follow follow lie.Fada Kukah is speaking the mind of Pa OritiseJE-Efo.Dey shud be investigate/scrutinized well well.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Rilwayne001: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Okay..
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by agarawu23(m): 6:22am On Aug 27, 2015
hmmmm

if I hear
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23am On Aug 27, 2015
You tried...No one is saying Jonathan is 100% clean, All we're saying is; Jonathan is far much better than those accusing him, Imagine Buhari, Oshiom-ole, Fash-ole, Atiku and that baboon of Ota. Jona is a saint compared to them. At least Falana attested to the fact that Jonathan fought corruption in his own way, He wasn't absorbing him.
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by otukpo(f): 6:25am On Aug 27, 2015
And who.is the saint?
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:26am On Aug 27, 2015
otukpo:
And who.is the saint?
Help me ask them o.
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by ezeonline2(m): 6:28am On Aug 27, 2015
The man is absolutely right.
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
[s]You tried...No one is saying Jonathan is 100% clean, All we're saying is; Jonathan is far much better than those accusing him, Imagine Buhari, Oshiom-ole, Fash-ole, Atiku and that baboon of Ota. Jona is a saint compared to them. At least Falana attested to the fact that Jonathan fought corruption in his own way, He wasn't absorbing him.[/s]
A very senseless post as Usual. angry

May God rid our dear country of very senseless people like you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:32am On Aug 27, 2015
JEGA01:
A very senseless post as Usual. angry
Pained?...why do you zombies get irritated anytime Mr. Severus comments? grin
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by sentaljohn(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2015
This man has stopped being a Human right activist sincee...he's now an activist of his own pocket..... am sure he's trying to get noticed
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 27, 2015
His opinion
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by joseph1832(m): 6:35am On Aug 27, 2015
midolian:
WailingWailers, how far na grin
They will still hide their head in shame. Funny how the chief wailer have been missing in action for sometime now. Even his dawgs have also been on the low key. I believe without him, they can't function.

Yeye people.
SeverusSnape:
You tried...No one is saying Jonathan is 100% clean, All we're saying is; Jonathan is far much better than those accusing him, Imagine Buhari, Oshiom-ole, Fash-ole, Atiku and that baboon of Ota. Jona is a saint compared to them. At least Falana attested to the fact that Jonathan fought corruption in his own way, He wasn't absorbing him.
Yes he's a saint, so tell me, if he is a saint like you said how come he lost the election eh? Oh APC rigged it like the PDP have been doing since 1999? Abi.

Still on still, your blood is still half. You death Eater!. tongue

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Pained?...why do you zombies get irritated anytime Mr. Severus comments? grin
Cos you are never getting it. Been observing you for some time now. I just can't imagine to have a son like you and still feel I have a son. May God give your parents something better. angry

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41am On Aug 27, 2015
JEGA01:
Cos you are never getting it. Been observing you for some time now. I just can't imagine to have a son like you and still feel I have a son. May God give your parents something better. angry
Chai!... You sound really pained. Mr. Severus is a tormentor. grin
Oya say Amen to the below prayer. grin

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:43am On Aug 27, 2015
joseph1832:
They will still hide their head in shame. Funny how the chief wailer have been missing in action for sometime now. Even his dawgs have also been on the low key. I believe without him, they can't function.

Yeye people.
Yes he's a saint, so tell me, if he is a saint like you said how come he lost the election eh? Oh APC rigged it like the PDP have been doing since 1999? Abi.

Still on still, your blood is still half. You death Eater!. tongue
Joseph the dreamer. Why he lost the election?... Simple, Because most Nigerians are gullible zombies, may be the secessionists are right when they call Nigeria a zoo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by joseph1832(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Joseph the dreamer. Why he lost the election?... Simple, Because most Nigerians are gullible zombies, may be the secessionists are right when they call Nigeria a zoo.
Yes the same gullible Nigerians that voted for PDP for the past 16 years right? And how come you didn't call them gullible when they were voting for PDP and GEJ? They transfered their gullibility to another person and you're complaining?. It shows that your blood is still very half and your brain too!. tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes the same gullible Nigerians that voted for PDP for the past 16 years right? And how come you didn't call them gullible when they were voting for PDP and GEJ? They transfered their gullibility to another person and you're complaining?. It shows that your blood is still very half and your brain too!. tongue
Who's complaining?... You brought up the topic. You keep calling PDP, Is there really any difference between the two parties?

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by hassan85(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2015
honestly Tanoids are looking for praises around. I watched d program falana was only being factual and putting records straight. approved where Gej did well and discredited him where he did woefully bad which was more. Alas that was edited out. shey Gej fought corruption with making noise just like he stole and milk Nigeria too without noise too? Tanoids are very stupid. The same falana u calling a Yoruba bigot for using his intellectual acumen of which Gej is afraid of you all praised yesterday but today all u do is turn around. well corruption must fight bad and back. Useless set of educated illiterates. u all belong to game reserve just like the zoologist Gej

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by midolian(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2015
joseph1832:

Yeye people.
Yeye pipu indeed. You need to see how they were jubilating over what Falana said(that which they twisted for some cheap points).

The chief wailer, I am sure is somewhere concocting some sour epistles on Buhari's 100days in office. Some of these pple you call his dawgs are the chief wailer himself. I am sure you won't believe this, but the guy has more accounts than any1 else on this forum.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Ilekeh(f): 6:51am On Aug 27, 2015
Jonathan and PDP just wan destroy man's reputation the same way they destroyed Nigeria.

It is a lie! Get behind him, Satan!

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by eleko1: 6:52am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
undecided undecided.Dnt U knw dat the Man dat quote Otuoke advance dictionary that stealing isn't corruption is a sophisticated criminal undecided.His allies in crime are acting sick.Just relax and Watch jona return his own loot.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by vedaxcool(m): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Shameless wailers always trying to tie their evil ways on others, that an entire thread made on lies for lies by liars made fp clearly shows how wailers are actively fighting back the anti corruption drive of this administration yet when will they realise those they fight for don't know of their existence? Shameless people.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by SeverusSnape(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2015
eleko1:
undecided undecided.Dnt U knw dat the Man dat quote Otuoke advance dictionary that stealing isn't corruption is a sophisticated criminal undecided.His allies in crime are acting sick.Just relax and Watch jona return his own loot.
His own loot?... Meaning others have also returned, right?... Keep believing all those propagandas. No one returned any loot.
Let Sahara liars keep brainwashing you.
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by patrick89(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Look at him! lying liar, he boldly stated that GEJ recovered money! but let us see how much this dullardin.ho will recover! i pity this country! the economy is in comatose, yet he doesn't have cabinet! And no one is saying anything about it!

stealing money isn't the only form of corruption! It includes nepotism, forgery and so on. How did we get here??
lord why did you keep me around these type of human beings
Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 27, 2015
hassan85:
honestly Tanoids are looking for praises around. I watched d program falana was only being factual and putting records straight. approved where Gej did well and discredited him where he did woefully bad which was more. Alas that was edited out. shey Gej fought corruption with making noise just like he stole and milk Nigeria too without noise too? Useless set of educated illiterates. u all belong to game reserve just like the zoologist Gej
Thank you, hassan. Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by eleko1: 7:07am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:

His own loot?... Meaning others have also returned, right?... Keep believing all those propagandas. No one returned any loot.
Let Sahara liars keep brainwashing you.
Wetin Pa Kukah go do in Aso rock undecided?To play Ludo abi?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Absolve Jonathan On Corruption War – Falana by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:08am On Aug 27, 2015
Busted!

saTAN how market?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See This Wonderful Water-melon Art Work / Picture: The Youths Are The New Face Of PDP. PDP National Conference / Delayed FG Workers November Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.