Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How Do Women In Polygamy Cope - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Women In Polygamy Cope (2060 Views)

Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? / Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by misspicy(f): 11:41am On Aug 27, 2015
www.metroparrot.net/2015/08/how-do-women-in-polygamy-cope.html?m=1
cc...lalasticlala

From a female reader

"I have been married for seven years and I
have always lived separately from my husband.
He is in d military and works in Abuja while
I'm a banker working in Lagos. My husband
just informed me he is taking a second wife
and there is no going back. I requested for a
divorce, he refused saying he still loves me.
We have 3 kids and are practicing Muslims.
Please how do women in polygamy handle it
because I am so traumatized just thinking
about sharing my husband with another
woman.
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by demmy0325(m): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2015

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2015
patience and perseverance...
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by zyzxx(m): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
I use to wonder also

But women can cope wen he has money

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by daveemuobo(m): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
I really wish to read comments..
In this case, she's even enlightened...
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by prettysassygirl(f): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
it ain't easy at all,jes the thought of another woman caressing And making love to your hubby can make u go gaga,but with time u wld get used to it,moreover its allowed in your religion,so u shld have been anticipating it,but some quick advices,still treat him nice else u wld push him fully to the other woman,tank God u have a career,put your energy into your career and kids,it wld help lessen d pain,and finally,jes love him and don't tink abt his sex escapedes with the other woman,its a mans world.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Havent been in one hence i seriously dnt knw,here to read comments..

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Chidoks(f): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
prettysassygirl:
it ain't easy at all,jes the thought of another woman caressing And making love to your hubby can make u go gaga,but with time u wld get used to it,moreover its allowed in your religion,so u shld have been anticipating it,but some quick advices,still treat him nice else u wld push him fully to the other woman,tank God u have a career,put your energy into your career and kids,it wld help lessen d pain,and finally,jes love him and don't tink abt his sex escapedes with the other woman,its a mans world.

My sister you killed it there!
the mere thought of him with another man is a serious put off.i don't know how men do it.i just fon't know.well it's a man's world.i would have said she should pray against it but since her religion permits it ...
I wish all women you have found themselves in this situation wisdom and special grace of God for healing and forging ahead.
as for those who have not seen this; may we never see it o.(amen)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by adamshuaib(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
It's kinda easy when u r not leaving in the same house. Skip the part of thinking about it. Just how to move on. U know women tend to fight over little things in the house like kitchen stuffz n d rest. Since u r not going to live in the same house. Its just the matter of Mentally accepting it
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by teasel: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
We're waiting for the "husband sharers" to give their reply.
Rubbish life.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by 2CatWoman: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
I have been married for seven years and I
have always lived separately from my husband
He is in d military and works in Abuja while
I'm a banker working in Lagos. My husband
just informed me he is taking a second wife
and there is no going back. I requested for a
divorce, he refused saying he still loves me.
We have 3 kids and are practicing Muslims.
Please how do women in polygamy handle it
because I am so traumatized just thinking
about sharing my husband with another
woman.

The reason he wants a 2nd wife is because of the physical separation and not religion per se but it helps his case.

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by cococandy(f): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
She should get her own side bobo too.
If he doesn't like it, then he will realize how his new wife will make her feel.
The worst he can do is divorce her which is the better alternative to sharing dirty blokkos.
If he doesn't want the divorce, then he will stick to one wife.

No time for rubbish.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by mutter(f): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
You know that Islam permits it and yet many Moslems all over the world no longer practise it.
But did you and your husband discuss this issue before marriage Did he promise you never to remarry? Are you his first wife?.
Prettysassygirl has given you the best advice. It is difficult and no woman likes it. It is also painful bit you learn to handle it.
Since you don't live under the same roof it not so difficult.
As a true Moslem woman you would put your trust in Allah and have faith. This would not be an escuse to stop being a good wife..
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by GodnGold: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Is painful.But take your mind away from this issue.Thank Your God for a job and kids,what of women in similar opposite situations?;no job,no kids,ok maybe lots of kids and totally dependent on the man.My dear,be happy.concentrate on your kids and job. He still loves you too,what of those practising monogamy and yet No LOVE.Be happy and make your kids happy too.

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by freecocoa(f): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2015
prettysassygirl:
What kind of advice is this one? Didn't you read that she wants a divorce? And you are talking of treating him nice, like he's not fully with the other woman or do you 'halfly' go to ask for someone's hand in marriage?

3 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by freecocoa(f): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2015
2CatWoman:

The reason he wants a 2nd wife is because of the physical separation and not religion per se but it helps his case.
and you know this how?

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by freecocoa(f): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2015
OP if he doesn't want a divorce, you should insist and separate from him, especially if you guys agreed on it before marriage, though I'd like to think you knew, since your religion permits it, either ways, don't stay in an unhappy marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by funlord(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2015
grin
Women in polygamous situations handle it by deceiving themselves!

4 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Dajugba: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2015
She asked a question, and most of you here tend to induce her with bad thought. I'm not a lady, but I've learnt from my mum aswell. What has happened has happened. In as much no lady or woman wants to share her man with any ladies.
(1). Be Patience with your husband and her. You already have children for him as well, but if you feel cheated emotionaly, or embarrassed then tell him you can't cope with his taken action, then take a walk. Orless it with all lead to commotion, and the children may as well not be happy with dad, if they grow up seeing mum not happy with dad.
(2). Be friendly to her ( your mate). Because that's the only way a polygamous home can stand, if you still want ur husband. when men get emotional attached with another lady when their spouse is far, you may hardly stop them from loving another one when He is devoted to her. You being friendly to her will equally make her to include you in other necessary decision that may arise up in the family.
(3) Be guided in wisdom when taking decision. There's always a bit jealousy in such home, and at the other hand, it also rely on your husband if he wants her to see you as the first, don't try to manipulate her, sorry if I use the word manipulate, if she gets to know, she could make the union inconvenient for you to stay as well . Cheer.

1 Like

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Rukkydelta(f): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'm here to read comments
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by DonTim1: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
And if any of these so called polygamous men gets to know one of his wives keeps another partner, hell will be let loose.. what an irony! !!

Treat others how you would want to be treated. Nobody is immune to heartbreak or pain...

2 Likes

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by GodnGold: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Divorce is not easy,truth be told.Is really tough.Even if you have a well paying job,it is very difficult.If you love your kids don't walk the "divorce" lane.I tell you cos a close pal's parents divorced at age two.He is all grown but he finds it difficult to understand why the mom took a walk.Is not always the same.Time and close relationship with your creator will heal your heart.Just give this time.And somebody mentioned to love your husband.Dont let anything change dear,love him as before,but be careful though (healthwise) so you don't contact rubbish.#myhumbleopinion
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by aariwa(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
So it pains women?i didn't know cos so many of them are now jumping into relationships with married men knowing fully well that those men have wives at home
Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by SAMBARRY: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
The fastest way for him to grant you divorce is to commit adultery to his face, trust me you won't spend a night at home the moment he finds out. Men can't take what they give so he'll angrily grant you the divorce

however this doesn't apply to women cool with their husbands being public property

next

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Women In Polygamy Cope by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Go For (viewers Discretion) / I Need A Financial Help To Treat My Mother / Bag Of Rice: Did The Seller Cheat? Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.