Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Smartness Does Not Equate Success - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Smartness Does Not Equate Success (1428 Views)

Real Men Don't Need Your Virgina, They Need Your Smartness! / When A Girl Says She Does Not Like Sex / Some Ladies And Their Mumu Smartness.. My Encounter<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
This could be relative .
Being A smart Woman/Man is Great, very Awesome.

However, I'm of the opinion that there's an Atom of truth in this quote .
Even tho it's common with the female Gender,I think it's applicable to both Gender.
..."The smarter a woman is,the more difficult it is to find a right man"
Women/Men who Act 'too' smart tend to Outsmart themselves in the End.
Always Thinking they know too much, and it gets them into Up-playing themselves.
They usually are hard to be corrected by the male/female counterpart.
They find it hard to be corrected by even themselves.
They are very selective, always searching for the 'PERFECT' one and in the course of that,they most of the time lose the 'RIGHT' one .

They mistake Correction for oppression.
It's hard for them to believe in cultural Values.
In religious Values.
All they believe in Is their Own made up standards.

And with these Characteristics they posses, it's hard for them to find love/the right one .

Pray for the 'RIGHT ONE' as opposed to the 'PERFECT ONE'.

Standards and principles however are Supposed to make you a better person, and when it doesn't, it Is then considered as the wrong standard and beliefs.

Love is correcting,
Love is humble,
Love is loyalty,
Love is RIGHT,
Love is meekness,
Love is God,
God is love.

With all that's being said, Go to the Only perfect One(GOD) to seek for the Right One
Let's never stop learning, it's in learning we grow!

2 Likes

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Actually, you're wrong.

The smarter you are, the more correctable you are. It's the foolish ones that keep repeating the same thing over and over again without logic to back it up.

The different between smart people and the not so smart ones are that smart people cannot be trapped by dogma. You can't just tell them to do something, or tell them that they are wrong about something. You need to tell them WHY.
others just listen. And keep it in their brains and attack any counter argument, only to go and insult smart ones that they are stubborn and uncorrectable.
Please stop spreading this dangerous stereotypes.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
This could be relative .
Being A smart Woman/Man is Great, very Awesome.

However, I'm of the opinion that there's an Atom of truth in this quote .
Even tho it's common with the female Gender,I think it's applicable to both Gender.
..."The smarter a woman is,the more difficult it is to find a right man"
Women/Men who Act 'too' smart tend to Outsmart themselves in the End.
Always Thinking they know too much, and it gets them into Up-playing themselves.
They usually are hard to be corrected by the male/female counterpart.
They find it hard to be corrected by even themselves.
They are very selective, always searching for the 'PERFECT' one and in the course of that,they most of the time lose the 'RIGHT' one .

They mistake Correction for oppression.
It's hard for them to believe in cultural Values.
In religious Values.
All they believe in Is their Own made up standards.

And with these Characteristics they posses, it's hard for them to find love/the right one .

Pray for the 'RIGHT ONE' as opposed to the 'PERFECT ONE'.

Standards and principles however are Supposed to make you a better person, and when it doesn't, it Is then considered as the wrong standard and beliefs.

Love is correcting,
Love is humble,
Love is loyalty,
Love is RIGHT,
Love is meekness,
Love is God,
God is love.

With all that's being said, Go to the Only perfect One(GOD) to seek for the Right One
Let's never stop learning, it's in learning we grow!

Absolute bullshit!

2 Likes

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
Actually, you're wrong.

The smarter you are, the more correctable you are. It's the foolish ones that keep repeating the same thing over and over again without logic to back it up.

The different between smart people and the not so smart ones are that smart people cannot be trapped by dogma. You can't just tell them to do something, or tell them that they are wrong about something. You need to tell them WHY.
others just listen. And keep it in their brains and attack any counter argument, only to go and insult smart ones that they are stubborn and uncorrectable.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
Actually, you're wrong.

its an opinion..aand you are entitled to yours!!!......smartness does not guarantee hapi marriages,its only God that gurantee ones..marriage is not what you read and cram..no one knows tommorrow..only God does!!!
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
A woman who is smarter can be sensed from the dullest of man. He knows she is smarter and she knows he is aware that she is smart.

He plays along and probably loves her smartness. They get along while she dictates and be charge. He allows her to be in charge while they both enjoy their companionship or friendship as the case maybe.

When he is ready for serious marriage business, he goes for the babe he's smarter than, so he can be in charge to act wisely.

She allows him thinking she was better off than him in the first place.

And this continues with her until age ceases to be on her side. Look around you'll see many such situations bemoaning on smart ladies.

A lady who is smart shouldn't carry it on her head except she is blessed with an understanding man, who rarely sees such

1 Like

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by MrsChima(f): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Educated fools and smart dummies do exist!

You can be smart in books but a dummy in the streets.
You can be smart in math but a dummy in science.
You can be smart and not have common sense.

Knowledge is powerful but wrong choices can Bleep the whole plan.

Bottom line is that life and universe is the best teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
MrsChima:

so true..let no one belive he is wise ..lest he falls!!
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
MrsChima:

proof of the above?
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by MrsChima(f): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
Teempakguy:
proof of the above?

Do you have proof of the random bullsh1t you have said?
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by datyrone(m): 12:23am On Aug 28, 2015
There's a big difference between being smart ...and being opinionated
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 12:32am On Aug 28, 2015
datyrone:
There's a big difference between being smart ...and being opinionated
dats true..but sometimes they go hand in hAnd in some peoples character..they believe they are wise and nobody can corect them
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by IneedASUGARMUMMY: 12:38am On Aug 28, 2015
MrsChima:

100% correct.
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by 0luwatope(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
Actually, you're wrong.

Most gentle guys don't bother to find out why something is bad as long as its been verified by 2 or 3 people, will u call these ones a dummy ? The smart ones who get theirselves in trouble trying to find out what's bad about something, you now call these set of people smart? Explain berrer oh

1 Like

Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
0luwatope:
Most gentle guys don't bother to find out why something is bad as long as its been verified by 2 or 3 people, will u call these ones a dummy ? The smart ones who get theirselves in trouble trying to find out what's bad about something, you now call these set of people smart? Explain berrer oh
bigfoot exists.
Why?

Proof of his existence has been verified by not one, not two, not even three, but several people throughout history.

But we know he doesn't. Why?

Because humans lie and can be easily deceived.
The earth was once believed flat by millions. Thousands of ancient Aztecs believed offering the heart of prisoners would appease the gods.

Their claims were confirmed by several people. But now, we found it's not true.

Why? shocked

Because it doesn't really matter what a human, or thousands of them say, you are basically on a long thing if you believe it. You should have other methods of confirming what you've heard.
Another thing humans say, "man can now fly. Thanks to the wright brothers."

Ask yourself, is that really true? shocked
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Do you have proof of the random bullsh1t you have said?
actually, I do. cool

We will need some axioms, of course.

1. Smart people are at the top of their classes.
2. Smart people invent things
3. Smart people become professors.
4. Smart people are good at what they do.

From 1, we find that the reason that they are on top of their class is because they learn fast. Hence, they are highly receptive to new information. And throughout years of conflicting information supplied by teachers, they still manage to keep on top. This is because they are highly correctable and eager to learn, but first, they seek the superiority of individual ideas and determine which is correct by analyzing the arguments that they present.

From 2, we find that they gain a deep understanding of what they have been taught. And they design things with can put these thoughts and ideas into useful realities. Now, at this point, they are discouraged. Told that they will never be successful. But they don't back down. Why? Because they have amazing courage? No bloody way. It's because the people advising them against this has no proof that their contraption will not work. The Why is not supplied.

From 3, we find that some smart people become professors. Working of course, on a thesis. A thesis which is to be analyzed by other peers. In the course of this, they analyze other theses. It takes an open-minded mentality to survive at this stage. As an entire life's work may be rendered useless at any point, and a why will be provided. We find that there is no fallout of violence and denial. Once the why is provided, all is well. We also find a highly advanced level of collaboration. Because truth is immediately discerned by analyzing arguments and counter-arguments. The result is final. Unless otherwised falsified with superior logic.

From 4, we find that smart people are good at what they do. This is because they understand the why beneath the structure of these things and can therefore apply them. The reason they know the why is because they wouldn't have accepted the ideas unless they found falsifiable evidence that the idea was actually correct.

If you have any other axioms that are less biased than these, kindly supply them and I will use them to supply proof for you. wink
Now, kindly supply your own proff your your "non-random and non-bullshit" statement above. undecided
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by MrsChima(f): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
actually, I do. cool

We will need some axioms, of course.

1. Smart people are at the top of their classes.
2. Smart people invent things
3. Smart people become professors.
4. Smart people are good at what they do.

From 1, we find that the reason that they are on top of their class is because they learn fast. Hence, they are highly receptive to new information. And throughout years of conflicting information supplied by teachers, they still manage to keep on top. This is because they are highly correctable and eager to learn, but first, they seek the superiority of individual ideas and determine which is correct by analyzing the arguments that they present.

From 2, we find that they gain a deep understanding of what they have been taught. And they design things with can put these thoughts and ideas into useful realities. Now, at this point, they are discouraged. Told that they will never be successful. But they don't back down. Why? Because they have amazing courage? No bloody way. It's because the people advising them against this has no proof that their contraption will not work. The Why is not supplied.

From 3, we find that some smart people become professors. Working of course, on a thesis. A thesis which is to be analyzed by other peers. In the course of this, they analyze other theses. It takes an open-minded mentality to survive at this stage. As an entire life's work may be rendered useless at any point, and a why will be provided. We find that there is no fallout of violence and denial. Once the why is provided, all is well. We also find a highly advanced level of collaboration. Because truth is immediately discerned by analyzing arguments and counter-arguments. The result is final. Unless otherwised falsified with superior logic.

From 4, we find that smart people are good at what they do. This is because they understand the why beneath the structure of these things and can therefore apply them. The reason they know the why is because they wouldn't have accepted the ideas unless they found falsifiable evidence that the idea was actually correct.

If you have any other axioms that are less biased than these, kindly supply them and I will use them to supply proof for you. wink
Now, kindly supply your own proff your your "non-random and non-bullshit" statement above. undecided

You have written this epistles with NO TANGIBLE proof?

Email me when you do.
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
MrsChima:

You have written this epistles with NO TANGIBLE proof?

Email me when you do.
I actually expected you to insult me anyway. I'm surprised though that you were this lenient. I was expecting something along the lines of "MANBISH!" grin grin

Anyway, you claim my proof is intangible but cannot counter it. Noted. Let me take another approach.
What am I being asked to proof?

"That smarter people are more correctable."

Great. Now, unless you were talking about something else, we are going to stick with that.
Consider the Nigerian population versus the south Korean population. We all know the south Koreans are highly intelligent. Having the second highest IQ in the world per country. Nigeria on the other hand, is rather dumb. Having one of the very lowest IQs in the world per country.

Now, if you called an average Korean to stop throwing paper on the ground, but instead to throw it in the can, and you explained why to him, he would most likely think about it and follow such advice. We know this is the case because obviously their cities are clean. undecided
If the same experiment is repeated on a Nigerian, without asking for reason, he would obey when you were there, but the moment you left, life resumes as usual. We know this is the case because obviously our cities are dirty.

In both countries, citizens are advised to keep their environments clean. One does that, land it so happens to be the second smartest country in the world. The other doesn't. And it miraculously happens to be one of the dumbest. Is this a coincidence? undecided

I know you will want to argue with me that nigeria is not dumb and all . . . that I'm lying, but you don't have proof that I'm lying, do you? You just "feel" that it isn't true. And so, you disregard it. That, my lady, is the exact proof you're looking for. The dumber you are, the harder it is to accept cold facts in front of you. The easier it is for you two apply "selective belief."

And 90% of every Nigerian nairalander that quotes this post will continue too reinforce the proof by insulting the people that placed Nigeria on the dumbest chart. By claiming that it is not true. By blinding declaring, "proud naija! We don't care what they think of us." grin
And thereby proofing them, and I right.

So, checkmate. cool
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Adaeze003(f): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
I actually expected you to insult me anyway. I'm surprised though that you were this lenient. I was expecting something along the lines of "MANBISH!" grin grin

Anyway, you claim my proof is intangible but cannot counter it. Noted. Let me take another approach.

Great. Now, unless you were talking about something else, we are going to stick with that.
Consider the Nigerian population versus the south Korean population. We all know the south Koreans are highly intelligent. Having the second highest IQ in the world per country. Nigeria on the other hand, is rather dumb. Having one of the very lowest IQs in the world per country.

Now, if you called an average Korean to stop throwing paper on the ground, but instead to throw it in the can, and you explained why to him, he would most likely think about it and follow such advice. We know this is the case because obviously their cities are clean. undecided
If the same experiment is repeated on a Nigerian, without asking for reason, he would obey when you were there, but the moment you left, life resumes as usual. We know this is the case because obviously our cities are dirty.

In both countries, citizens are advised to keep their environments clean. One does that, land it so happens to be the second smartest country in the world. The other doesn't. And it miraculously happens to be one of the dumbest. Is this a coincidence? undecided

I know you will want to argue with me that nigeria is not dumb and all . . . that I'm lying, but you don't have proof that I'm lying, do you? You just "feel" that it isn't true. And so, you disregard it. That, my lady, is the exact proof you're looking for. The dumber you are, the harder it is to accept cold facts in front of you. The easier it is for you two apply "selective belief."

And 90% of every Nigerian nairalander that quotes this post will continue too reinforce the proof by insulting the people that placed Nigeria on the dumbest chart. By claiming that it is not true. By blinding declaring, "proud naija! We don't care what they think of us." grin

So, checkmate. cool

#wollop nigger... wollop grin

Ok... So you had to drag Nigerians generally into this comparison?

I had to confirm what you said about Nigerians having the lowest IQ on the average. You know how I conducted my "research"? Your guess is correct, Google. Now I found a site that ranked us 23rd(av. IQ 84) which is no where near the bottom and then, I found another site that puts us in the bottom 10 with average IQ of 67. shocked shocked grin

So, who should I believe? Who should I take seriously? Why should I take any of them seriously? How did they come to such conclusion? What test was carried out and on who? Do you really think some test is enough to tell how intelligent or smart people are? Which brings me to my last question are you sure you thought about all these before jumping around saying who is dumb and who isn't?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but you said smart people are open to correction but they don't swallow people's opinion without answering the question "WHY?" so, is it safe to say you are not smart? grin or did you do any research yourself? If yes, can I see it

one more thing, there's a rule and then there are exceptions, do you consider yourself an exception or as dumb as the rest of us? grin grin
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

#wollop nigger... wollop grin

Ok... So you had to drag Nigerians generally into this comparison?

I had to confirm what you said about Nigerians having the lowest IQ on the average. You know how I conducted my "research"? Your guess is correct, Google. Now I found a site that ranked us 23rd(av. IQ 84) which is no where near the bottom and then, I found another site that puts us in the bottom 10 with average IQ of 67. shocked shocked grin

So, who should I believe? Who should I take seriously? Why should I take any of them seriously? How did they come to such conclusion? What test was carried out and on who? Do you really think some test is enough to tell how intelligent or smart people are? Which brings me to my last question are you sure you thought about all these before jumping around saying who is dumb and who isn't?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but you said smart people are open to correction but they don't swallow people's opinion without answering the question "WHY?" so, is it safe to say you are not smart? grin or did you do any research yourself? If yes, can I see it

one more thing, there's a rule and then there are exceptions, do you consider yourself an exception or as dumb as the rest of us? grin grin
hey there! New player! cheesy

I never said Nigeria's IQ was either 64 or 84. I just said it was very low. Consider, in a world of more than a hundred And fifty, does it really matter that we're 23rd to the last or 10th to the last?
There are several ways to test IQ. You could give the individual a test. Directly, OR evaluate his IQ based on his character. This is called psycological analysis. It is usually used on scientists who died before the IQ test was invented. And of course, countries like yours. grin
The later is accurate within around 15-30 points. Which explains the 64-84 statement. Of course some proud Nigerian sites will go with the larger value. grin grin
So, even if you don't agree with specific figures, I'm sure you will agree with the consequences of these figures. Just compare south Korea with Nigeria for crying out loud. Analysis of the individuals in each country quickly reveals the stark difference. One will quickly find that the analysts are right to a certain extent. But the average Nigerian won't believe that. They will instead blame the government. An action which only serves to reinforce these studies.

I have also done my homework. Kindly view the science section. I know. The place is a savanna. cheesy
While you're at that, kindly view quora.com science section. I believe this is quite enough to vindicate these figures.
I'm not done yet! shocked shocked
If you follow the recent flurry of research and innovation in Nigerian universities of late, you will find that they are just reinventing the wheel. I even recently read a thread on how the ABU car broke down and had to be towed. sad
In other news, corruption ravages the country, and in yet another news, a tribe is planning to secede because . . . they don't feel good being in the country.
YET, when all of this is pointed out by a third party, the average Nigerian will insult him and tell him to mind his business, while simultaneously chanting the famous "PROUD NAIJA" mantra.

This is dogma, and the entire nation is trapped in it. My guess is we are not smart enough to get out of this loop hole?

But then, as a Nigerian, you will be inclined to tell me, "what country doesn't have its own problems? At least we don't have disasters, we will soon be free of all these problems."

And that . . . would only go to prove me right. grin grin

Cheers, miss. cool
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by bqlekan(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Learning cool
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Na wa.

Where is every one?
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by babyfaceafrica: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
Smartness,intelligence and brightness are qualities of melancholy..and its a known fact that melancholics are perfectionist.perfectonist always picks fault at things..nothing and no one is too good for them...
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by hahn(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
Na wa.

Where is every one?

I thought, personally, that you had closed the thread with your first comment.

I'm not ready to "argue" as you're doing with those commenters, I'd rather "discuss". I don't like involving myself in insultive threads. I'd advice you leave here.

Besides, you already said it all. Most people have comprehension problems fam, there's nothing you can do about that
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
hahn:

I thought, personally, that you had closed the thread with your first comment.

I'm not ready to "argue" as you're doing with those commenters, I'd rather "discuss". I don't like involving myself in insultive threads. I'd advice you leave here.

Besides, you already said it all. Most people have comprehension problems fam, there's nothing you can do about that

cheesy cheesy
Okay then. I'm leaving.
Re: Smartness Does Not Equate Success by MrsChima(f): 3:46am On Aug 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
In

So, checkmate. cool

Why would I counter something I have made no comment about?

I spoke my opinion and stated realities and YOU asked me to show YOU who is irrelevant proof of an opinion and I asked you the same thing and YOU yet to show proof but you want me to counter a proof less epistle?

Girl bye!

(1) (Reply)

My Bitter Experiences With A Vicar Who Is A Homosexual / Guys, In Case You Dont Know, Its Not A Must To Lust After Every Female You See / Does Masturbation Makes One Slimmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.