Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It (5057 Views)

How I Did Not Have Sex Until I Was 37, Now I’m Sad About It. / My Mum Must Be Regretting Giving Birth To Me / Why Do Many People End Up Regretting Their Choice Of Spouse??! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by dre11(m): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Morning Ladun,

I am a 26 year old banker. While on a training i was scheduled for alongside three other colleagues. I became particularly close to one of them. The guy is a senior colleague who is really good at his job and someone I really learnt from. Despite just being 26, I have being around at the bank for 4 years (pretty much the start of my career) and as such I have risen to an impressive position. All these have made me meet so many people, some I learn from, some I admire, some I have a crush on and some I despise. But he was someone I always had a crush on.
While in Abuja, I lost the usual grip on me and told him a little bit of how I felt, not with the intention of starting anything but just to ease myself of the silent wishes. I felt more embarrassed when all he did was smile, sipped his drink and said time will tell. On getting back to Lagos (Work), David has been all over me, not making it visible at work though which I am quite happy about but after work and even weekends, he proposes we hang out, asks if he could come visiting and all.
Ordinarily, these were the things I wished for prior to the training considering the fact that we are both single. However, considering the circumstances surrounding the sudden declarations coming from him, I am forced to think it’s not natural and as such it would not last. Though he later told me had same feeling but didn’t know how to tell me until I voiced out.
But I keep feeling I am the one that made the first move and the one that loves him more. The feeling makes me uncomfortable. Looking into his eyes sometimes gets me terrified, like I might regret it one day.
I know some guys lack courage to take the first move but am I sure I am not the one leading him on? What do y’all think is advisable?
Is he for real or he just wants a fling?

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/08/just-in-i-made-first-move-on-him-now-im.html#more
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by INTROVERT(f): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
My personal opinion........ Never make the first move on a Nigerian man. grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by tcalc: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
feelings, if you feel he's paying you too much attention, and it's making you feel unnatural, talk to him still.....the same way u confessed to him when u guyz were away
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by ShutTheFhuckUp: 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
My personal opinion........ Never make the first move on a Nigerian man. grin grin
fallacy,
U were unlucky...dats jez i†.

9 Likes

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
Not necessarily a trap, a few guys are that way. They try to suppress their feeling whilst waiting for the lady to spill a bit before they can own up too. I also believe that everyone has a natural hunch to decipher a true feeling when they sense it. Just follow that hunch and I wish you well
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by FruityLass: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nigerian men ehn

Most kiss and tell

Saying..
That lady wooed me and am sure would have a fling with her
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
You need to understand the guy before making a move at him. Some guys are not good at voicing their feelings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Shebarh(f): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmmm just give d rlntship a try who knows he might be ya Mr Right...U r scared bcus it's not a lady tin to tell a guy how u feel first but my dear der r still some good guys out der...like ah said earlier give it a Try.. it might work out
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by ijustdey: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
women and their wahala,

if the guy didn't accept now and didn't show interest, they will tag him with a negative name,

now that he shows interest and shows it..... she is looking for another excuse where there isn't one

3 Likes

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by ijustdey: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
FruityLass:
Nigerian men ehn

Most kiss and tell
Saying.. That lady wooed me and am sure would have a fling with her

shows you are moving with the wrong set of guys....
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by misspicy(f): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
Because you will surely regret it...and please dnt ever think it will lead to marriage grin

1 Like

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by MzzTega(f): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Who holds a higher position ? You or him?
Anyways,our mind tends to be the best saviour sometimes.
That something telling you that you might regret it might me right.
And when it happens that SOMETHING will be like; I told you.
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by MzzTega(f): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
misspicy:

Because you will surely regret it...and please dnt ever think it will lead to marriage grin

I might want to accept this but ermmm i know its not applicable to all.
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Islie: 2:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
I felt more embarrassed when all he did was smile, sipped his drink and said time will tell.

That phrase carries alot of meaning....

Don't know if that is the appropriate answer the guy is supposed to give there.....

Abi lalasticlala what do you think

2 Likes

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Elkewwty(f): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Typing.....
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by MrPeterson(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
If its too good to be true , its always not true
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by bossOD: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
the act of sin is always regrettable, and u will regret it if you get anything doing with a man that is not married to u.
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by misspicy(f): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzzTega:

I might want to accept this but ermmm i know its not applicable to all.
Yea not all buh certainly most...prevention is beta dab cure
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Women sef. See how Ure discouraging d babe.
Abeg OP enjoy the guy but take it slow
dont be quick to hop into bed with him. Be friends. Like he said time will tell. Thats reasonable enough. Time will tell if Ure compatible. Dont mind these naysayers dem go pour san san inside Ur garri
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by MzzTega(f): 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
misspicy:
Yea not all buh certainly most...prevention is beta dab cure
Sometimes you just need to take the risk.

1 Like

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Savyy(f): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
seconded grin

2 Likes

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by misspicy(f): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
MzzTega:

Sometimes you just need to take the risk.
After a few lessons in life,i rada not take riskscheesy
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by MzzTega(f): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
misspicy:
After a few lessons in life,i rada not take riskscheesy
Alryt Ma'am. You got experience i guess.
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by charijee(f): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
dre11 mi embarassed
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by bqlekan(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Life can be a bi3tch atimes, you take a risk, you regret it, you don't, you still regret it..
My advice ma'am, you can't undo the situation, but you can control it.
You took the risk because you believed he is someone worth taking it for. What happened to that confidence you had in him before taking the risk? Follow your heart, don't let no one advise on what only you know how it feels.. I hope you find a solution soonest.

1 Like

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
dre11:

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/08/just-in-i-made-first-move-on-him-now-im.html#more
Sooner or later he ll chop ur ponmo & clean mouth, then ur eyes go clear ok. grin
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Fernandowski(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
you are smart

You are loyal

You are honest

I appreciate that

Take this FTC,go buy your mama a house
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by zeeek(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
D best relatnship hv been into r d one's d ladies made d first move. Guyz r different,if i lik u n i try 2 let u knw dat i care n u still dn't giv d green lyt,i'll bck off cos i cn't stand rejctn. D problm wt gals who cn easily express dier feeling to d guyz is dat in d shortest while dey'll see som oda guy dey fink dey like beta. So 4 d guy 2 say "time will tell" i fink he knws exactly wat he said.

1 Like

Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Ubyj(f): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
dis question sha; how are we supposed to know undecided?
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
Elkewwty:
Typing.....
Dis ur dp fit break man pikin fast oooo walahi yummy cheesy
Re: I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It by Odunharry(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
firstEVA:
You need to understand the guy before making a move at him. Some guys are not good at voicing their feelings.
two bottles of champagne and a live cow for you..

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All The Miss Nairaland Contenders / Two Ladies Fighting Over A Man Beside A Wall, One Showing Her Panties (photo) / Most Beautiful And Curvy Black Girls In The World Displaying Ankara Bikini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.