Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life (39237 Views)

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by cocokiller1(f): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
kristen12:

Deeper life members, even the ones that don't use earrings aren't this ugly. I doubt you were ever a deeperlife member.
lol.....
preach to her
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
frosbel2:

Wrong.

While it is true that they preach some truth, it is also true that they preach many untruths.

After all , the TRUTH of deeperlife is according to the interpretation of ONE MAN called Kumuiyi who is Lord of the church. This means that anyone who disagrees with Kumuiyi's interpretation of truth will have to leave the church and start his own.

To almost suggest that ONE MAN is almost always right is the height of presumption and arrogance. It is even more sad to see multitudes follow his doctrine without question as if it is God speaking.

I have been to crusades where people kneel down and almost bow before him , is this not idol worship ? Did Jesus not say that we all have ONE Master and the rest are brethren ? When did this one man leadership CEO model begin ( it is an indictment against almost all churches in Nigeria ) , was it not from Pagan Rome ?

Is tithing commanded in the bible ? Is God going to send 95% of men/women to a place of eternal torture, have you thought through these matters ? I guess not, since Kumuiyi is your talking bible.

You rather got it all wrong for the following reasons:

1. Kumuiyi has never commanded / ordered / taught anyone to worship him.

2. Deeper Life members have never worshipped Kumuiyi in any guise. I've been in Deeper Life almost all my life until today. I witnessed and actively participated in the laying of foundation of the Deeper Life Camp Ground along Zaria Road, Jos.

3.I've witnessed Kumuiyi's Crusades / Retreats several times and I have never seen people bow to worship him.

4. If you mean the respect ( not worship) the church members accord Kumuiyi is wrong, do you also mean the respect members of Redeemed Christian Church of God give Adeboye is wrong? What about Living faith and Mountain of Fire and Miracle Church who also hold their General Overseer / General Superintendent in high esteem?

5. Do you mean the Bible does not mention eternal damnation to sinners? Deeper Life preaches as it is written in the Bible.

I put it to you that you have unresolved hatred for Deeper Life Bible Church.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by raayah(f): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
/
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=raayah post=37400029][/quote]
U are a bloody lair. Stating DL encourages her members to breed like is a confirm testament that u have never been to deeper life.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by raayah(f): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
/
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin
raayah:
Organized religion is one of the major causes of the increase in crime rate .

Deeper Life is a major culprit. They encourage their workers to quit their jobs so that they can 'serve god' more. After doing this, they start living in poverty, become desperate and turn to crime.

I was born and bred deeper life. I know first-hand what goes on there. They are very hypocritical. They encourage their members to breed like rats.

How can you encourage jobless men to have 8 kids. I remember one member was arrested for stealing pigs to feed his large family. He was unemployed like the rest.

what of the brothers that were warned to quit their jobs because they missed workers meeting? The stupid one who complied are still looking for jobs today.

Don't let me start with deeper life today.

Organized religion is the major culprit for crime.
I'm wondering how the brain that type this works.....pure sh*t

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by mbulela: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Deeper Life is a major culprit. They encourage their workers to quit their jobs so that they can 'serve god' more. After doing this, they start living in poverty, become desperate and turn to crime.

I was born and bred deeper life. I know first-hand what goes on there. They are very hypocritical. They encourage their members to breed like rats.

How can you encourage jobless men to have 8 kids. I remember one member was arrested for stealing pigs to feed his large family. He was unemployed like the rest.

what of the brothers that were warned to quit their jobs because they missed workers meeting? The stupid one who complied are still looking for jobs today.

Enough of your bleating. If you don't want to go to church, stay at home.
Agreed that some denominations practise manipulation, seduction and control. However you can't tar all with that brush.
Upon all the Catholic Church preaches it's members ate doing family planning even in the villages.
You cannot blame Kumuiyi for your friend who was stealing pigs nor your inability to limit your number of offsprings.
Even unorganized atheism contributes to crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Neplusultra(f): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ranks007:
you are a fool
I agree with you!
Imagine how she's painting the church in a bad light! Argh! God have mercy!
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristen12(f): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Marriage comittee kee? I believe that some of you guys were behind the scenes members.

Comittee that wont allow you to marry if your wife is in another church? Comittee that has the right to cancel marriages anytime they like because they saw vision?
Do you know how many times weddings were cancelled in deeperlife for mere reasons.
I remember one time, a sister reported that she saw a sister about to get married wearing only towel in her house and a man walked by. That was how the pastors cancelled the wedding on the day of wedding. The gave the anmouncement. I was there. Money gone.

Deeper life set ridiculous standards and belittle people who cannot follow. My whole family still goes there but I have seen the worse side of things since i stopped going.
So because she tied a towel and a man passed her wedding was cancelled.

OMG Your lies are just out of this world. I don't want to believe liars like you exist.
Go and get your facts straight.
Be saved and stay saved before it's too late.
Good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

I was born and bred in deeper life. my family was a foundation member. i can tell you too many stories.
chai.......this kind lie can give someone ebola.....

Can you please make your statement comprehensible?
Your family was a foundation member of deeper life, or one of the branch? I can't believe I'm reading this crab cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by raayah(f): 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
/
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

lol.. believe me or not. I was in deeperlife even before ayobo and gbagada was built. My parents and I contributed immensely to the building of gbagada and dlcc. My parents went to deeperlife when it was still being held in backyards.

I sang in the choir. I am very much a deeperlife person.
deeper life never started from backyard, but a storey building in gbagada, still looking forward to your more lies......

What wikipedia will cause to you people life ehn lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nobody from deeper life will put up what raayah wrote there even if they left in pained is because they were not patience to get their own blessing, dude just looking for cheap popularity
pfijacobs:
Chairman... STFU.... Deeperlife was never in anybodys backyard... From akoka to oyingbo to gbagada den ayobo... Nobodys backyard... Ur parents contributed to wah?? Ote... I was also born a deeperlifer... Son of a former national overseer in belarus.. D church does not encourage wat u say... No go talk rubbish now make we hia say tanke burn d bus wey u enter tomao o... I don talk my own
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
0rex:
raayah might have exaggerated her point a little but there is an element of truth in what she said. The problem many Christians have is spiritual laziness. They can't read the bible themselves & pray for understanding. Before you obey any doctrine, you must be convinced in your spirit by the word of God.
Moreso, not all doctrines are general. Different levels of commitment are required for different callings. Your calling might need you to quit your job, mine might not.
nothings in what she type there is correct, maybe you read again
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by kristen12(f): 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
raayah:

Its sounds ridiculous yes but that deeper life for you. I believe the church has toned down a bit sef
It actually sounds ridiculous and I know it's impossible.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
nationwide1:

You rather got it all wrong for the following reasons:

1. Kumuiyi has never commanded / ordered / taught anyone to worship him.

2. Deeper Life members have never worshipped Kumuiyi in any guise. I've been in Deeper Life almost all my life until today. I witnessed and actively participated in the laying of foundation of the Deeper Life Camp Ground along Zaria Road, Jos.

3.I've witnessed Kumuiyi's Crusades / Retreats several times and I have never seen people bow to worship him.

4. If you mean the respect ( not worship) the church members accord Kumuiyi is wrong, do you also mean the respect members of Redeemed Christian Church of God give Adeboye is wrong? What about Living faith and Mountain of Fire and Miracle Church who also hold their General Overseer / General Superintendent in high esteem?

5. Do you mean the Bible does not mention eternal damnation to sinners? Deeper Life preaches as it is written in the Bible.

I put it to you that you have unresolved hatred for Deeper Life Bible Church.

why do you have to follow a man to follow God ?

If I were to tell you that over 50% of deeperlife doctrines are myth, will you believe it ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Drfash(f): 12:14am On Aug 28, 2015
scholes0:

Igbekun ni esin.

Egbon, E la oju yin daadaa.
u re d one with d eye closed, if nt 4 dat i would av told u to open ur eyes to see d wonders of God, even our so called science know it buh doesn't want to admit, i pray God will open ur eyes to see these things
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Jay0079: 12:15am On Aug 28, 2015
For they will come in his name saying he is CHRIST but they lead not to CHRIST
2nd Thessalonians 2 vs 11- For this cause God shall send them strong delusion,that they should believe a lie.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Jay0079: 12:18am On Aug 28, 2015
frosbel2:

If I were to tell you that over 50% of deeperlife doctrines are myth, will you believe it ?
2nd Thessalonians 2
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malikisah: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Na today abi u just wake up to know lagos is under siege
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by RADDY1(m): 12:31am On Aug 28, 2015
U ARE TOTALLY FAR FROM THE TRUTH...may God help u

raayah:

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2015
malonephill:
nothings in what she type there is correct, maybe you read again
I made sure I understood her post before replying & I always try to be objective in accessing things. You can't tell me there's no hypocrisy in the church neither can you dispute the possibility of having over zealous leaders spread across various districts of the church that impose unreasonable doctrines on their churches.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Jay0079:

2nd Thessalonians 2

This scripture is exactly what you need for deliverance.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 4:45am On Aug 28, 2015
raayah:

Marriage comittee kee? I believe that some of you guys were behind the scenes members.

Comittee that wont allow you to marry if your wife is in another church? Comittee that has the right to cancel marriages anytime they like because they saw vision?
Do you know how many times weddings were cancelled in deeperlife for mere reasons.
I remember one time, a sister reported that she saw a sister about to get married wearing only towel in her house and a man walked by. That was how the pastors cancelled the wedding on the day of wedding. The gave the anmouncement. I was there. Money gone.

Deeper life set ridiculous standards and belittle people who cannot follow. My whole family still goes there but I have seen the worse side of things since i stopped going.
Deeper Life members marry from another church but the standard must be followed.

Cancelling marriage because a sister reported that she saw the to be bride wearing towel and a man walked by is ridiculous, unfounded and mythical. Go and recreate your story.

Are standards set by Deeper Life not good? That is why we are called 'Deeper Life'. Every church has its standard and why is Deeper Life own a problem?

If you could not live by the standard, no problem. When Jesus comes, He will judge us all and we shall know whether He approves Deeper Life standard. But I advise you not to wait until Christ comes.

Anywhere that is best for you to worship God (whether it is not in Deeper Life), join them but remember God's foundation stands sure. He will never lower His standards because of anybody / circumstances. Don't also forget that God is no respecter of persons.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 4:46am On Aug 28, 2015
frosbel2:

I won't believe lies sir.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 4:48am On Aug 28, 2015
raayah:

Kumuyi is a great magician. The followers are really entranced.

And what is your evidence?

I pray God opens your eyes to see the secrets that are hidden from you.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by nationwide1(m): 5:11am On Aug 28, 2015
frosbel2:

Wrong.

Is tithing commanded in the bible ? Is God going to send 95% of men/women to a place of eternal torture, have you thought through these matters ? I guess not, since Kumuiyi is your talking bible.

Sir, if you don't agree with tithing and eternal damnation as stated in the Holy Bible ( Malachi 3:10, Matthew 24, Revelation 21:cool, then I have every evidence that you don't agree with some doctrines of the Scriptures.
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by raayah(f): 5:28am On Aug 28, 2015
/
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 28, 2015
Don't miss tonight's graceful anointing.

You can join us at faith plaza bariga Lagos or stream live at PraiswWorldRadio on web or download from your respective app stores.

You shouldn't miss this.
God bless you.

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by malonephill(m): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2015
0rex:

I made sure I understood her post before replying & I always try to be objective in accessing things. You can't tell me there's no hypocrisy in the church neither can you dispute the possibility of having over zealous leaders spread across various districts of the church that impose unreasonable doctrines on their churches.
now you have your point.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by izuagbe(m): 7:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Take God seriously and leave religion.And look not at humans but look unto God the author and finisher of our faith . There is GOD my brother no matter what has happenned and what is going on now. God loves u.author=bulldoza post=37400106]Time wasters

I never take that JOKE religion seriously.
. [/quote]
Re: Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life by olusipimp(m): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2015
streetzdreamz:
you ought to personalize ur initial post,dnt make it sound as though the whole church breeds like rat,I was conceived and given birth to in the church,and all around me we have well to do families with diff no of kids ranging from 2-6 and all had quality education,a full time pastor has his needs attended to by the church,even the gateman gets a children allowance in me region,and yes the church has ts flaws just like any oda institution or body,but t aint as bad as u painting it,ion dig religion though so I aint taking sides here just stating the truth,Nigeria is so religious yet so backward in virtually everything,it'l take HIS grace before I take anything religious seriously nomore.
Don't mind her,I'm also a deper lifer and notin of what she says happens there,maybe itsher father thhat breeds like rat...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage / Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump / Church Members Storm Watchnight Service With Cutlasses For ‘Battle’. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.