Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (792470 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ SophiaLisa,

Cheers!

@ Leaving in NY, you have to be strong.

You are very Right.....Have been in Newyork now for almost a week now and am still looking for an apartment,currently staying at an hotel now thats not too far from my school....nd i was told if u not strong u cant live in Newyork....its indeed the Empire State lol......NYC is expensive.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
AKO1:

Congrats!

And good luck finding a place in New York! I work in NY but live on the outskirts, the rent is too damn high!

Absolute right been here for a week now staying at an hotel....The apartments are very expensive.....to get a place is indeed sick....jst patienly waiting for a friend to get here so we can look for a 2bedroom which is still even expensive but far better than the studio/1bedroom apartment Newyork is real Expensive on housing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
SophiaLisa:
Good Day All,

On Tuesday morning, was at the Lagos Consulate for my F1 interview (Sorry for the late post).

Please view my transcript below;
VO: Please come forward.
SL: Good morning.
VO: (no response; He must have been cranky). *Flips through my passport*. So you have a running B1/B2 Visa
SL: Yes.
VO: So why do you want to study an MBA ....
SL: No, not an MBA. Its a Mastes degree.
VO: I'm sorry, why do you want to go for a Masters in Project Management?
SL: *Gave him my story, linking it with my being an Investment Banker*. When I was done, I said, and here's a letter of introduction from my company.
VO: Without looking up, he kept typing but said "Never mind".
VO: So, have you paid the SEVIS fee?.
SL: Yes I have. It's right there (pointed at the paper in front of him which he clearly missed out).
VO: (Keeps typing and typing and typing).
VO: Your visa has been approved, pick it up in three business days. Also, make sure you don't present the B1/B2 visa at the POE so it doesn't raise any issues.
SL: Thank you very much.
SL: So the B1/B2 visa is still valid?
VO: Yes it is.

I thanked him again and left!

Thanks to God, everyone that prayed with me as well as the Special tips from AKO1, KennyRonny, Meritdee.

Tuesday was just miraculous because before me, they had only approved a visa for 1 woman and her daughter (an Indian). Every other person had a blue paper (denial). In fact, the three F1 applicants ahead of me were rejected out-rightly. I remember praying as I walked before the VO. God is faithful and kind.

Next off, who lives in New York here oooooo. Looking to share an apartment. smiley

COngrats bro......Between i must tell you,housing in NYC is very expensive been here for over 1week now and still looking for a place to rent....all damm expensive,currently staying at an hotel now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
jah101:

You are very Right.....Have been in Newyork now for almost a week now and am still looking for an apartment,currently staying at an hotel now thats not too far from my school....nd i was told if u not strong u cant live in Newyork....its indeed the Empire State lol......NYC is expensive.

I've been living in NY for 2 years, the rent is not the only thing expensive, living generally is. As students, you guys need to be strong. Where is your school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
imperiouxx:

I've been living in NY for 2 years, the rent is not the only thing expensive, living generally is. As a student, you guys need to be strong. Where is your school?

No good looking and saying "That would only be N100 at home!"
That will just cook your brain!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
imperiouxx:

I've been living in NY for 2 years, the rent is not the only thing expensive, living generally is. As a student, you guys need to be strong. Where is your school?

I realised that bro....I think NY Generally is expensive,Also My School is Monroe College..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Vtrace: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys, I have 3 urgent questions concerning sevis fees.

1. How much is the 200 dollars in naira exactly (to those who have paid recently)

2. How long does it take to process it before interview?

3. They didn't let me pay by credit card,any way around this....as banks around me want me to have an account with them (which I don't) before I can use their western union.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
every professional basketballers complain about the high cost of living in Newyork, some even live in suburbs. i hail you guys no be small thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Edit: Don't people earn more in NY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
jah101:

I realised that bro....I think NY Generally is expensive,Also My School is Monroe College..

You will be fine. Who knows you might be one of those that later won't live elsewhere than in NY. Try get one/shared apartment near the school in the Bronx. Public transportation fare is on the high side nowadays. Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
Fortissimo:
Edit: Don't people earn more in NY?
each state with its own minimum wage and relative standard of living, na "jama jama" to survive on 9 bucks/hr as an international student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by xp17(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
eddyme:
To me there is always a way out.....If he think he can drive all the africans out of usa he lied....Who swip the road africans, who pack the slow fall, africans, Who even wash the dead bodies, africans....,......i pray he win so he can try the arab make him know say peace is less expensive than war,.....Imagin enemies of africans, mexicans, and arabs...Wait him no mention india...na woh see wetin our leaders dey do us...Okay ohhh
that's not true bro. Mr Donald is only talking about illegal immigration and not properly documented immigrants. He said he will send back the illegal immigrants and if they want to come back they should do that in the proper way. And those jobs you listed above can be done even by American indians.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
How did u register.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
everyone wants to move or school in the expensive states..why not start from the less expensive states and move to your choice states after graduation. I love my lone star state...Apartments are cheap,a one bedroom apartment start from 450usd and a two bedroom start from 725usd,Transportation is cheap,gas is cheap,metro buses are cheap 1.25usd..food is cheap,employment is readily available..That's why everyone wants to move in here..Am not advising anyone to move to Texas,just seek university admission in States where the economic living is not harsh.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
Pls I'm new on nairaland,I need a cheap university or college in USA which d tuition fee is less than a million naira,I want to study ICT.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
stevecrun:
everyone wants to move or school in the expensive states..why not start from the less expensive states and move to your choice states after graduation. I love my lone star state...Apartments are cheap,a one bedroom apartment start from 450usd and a two bedroom start from 725usd,Transportation is cheap,gas is cheap,metro buses are cheap 1.25usd..food is cheap,employment is readily available..That's why everyone wants to move in here..Am not advising anyone to move to Texas,just seek university admission in States where the economic living is not harsh.
Where in Texas are u bro. I am coming to Houston by Fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
MrMann1:

Where in Texas are u bro. I am coming to Houston by Fall.
Am in Hustle town..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
stevecrun:
725 USD na luxury apartment for here o, Saudi boiz dey take catch trips grin cheesy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
sirRiddy:
Gruber is not really good for GRE prep like before.
Barron is still okay for strategies.
Hope you had a blissful birthday, sir?

How much is d registration for GRE??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
pepe4reps:
Pls I'm new on nairaland,I need a cheap university or college in USA which d tuition fee is less than a million naira,I want to study ICT.... Thanks
No good university is less than a million..Unless you want to transfer to a good community college and pay by installment. But don't go to the embassy with a Community College..you're less likely to be granted an F1 visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
bigfrancis21:

For the processes involved from getting admission to scheduling your visa interview, 1.5 million naira is way too much. An estimate of N200,000 to N300,000 or lower should be enough for you. DO NOT use visa agents of any sort. YOU CAN do everything yourself starting from getting your admission to getting your visa. The visa agents do not have any special effects on the visa process or do anything that you cannot do. All that you would need are littered all over this student visa thread if only you can take the time to read the threads from the earliest that you can (this is part 8.).
Thanks my brother, like which school will I apply for that I will spend such ur scored mentioned amount? I mean like #300k.cos I am a graduate of Lautech ,studying agric economics and extension and i want to move to the ICT for my masters ,pls can u enlighten me more on this and my chances.....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
SophiaLisa:
Good Day All,

On Tuesday morning, was at the Lagos Consulate for my F1 interview (Sorry for the late post).

Please view my transcript below;
VO: Please come forward.
SL: Good morning.
VO: (no response; He must have been cranky). *Flips through my passport*. So you have a running B1/B2 Visa
SL: Yes.
VO: So why do you want to study an MBA ....
SL: No, not an MBA. Its a Mastes degree.
VO: I'm sorry, why do you want to go for a Masters in Project Management?
SL: *Gave him my story, linking it with my being an Investment Banker*. When I was done, I said, and here's a letter of introduction from my company.
VO: Without looking up, he kept typing but said "Never mind".
VO: So, have you paid the SEVIS fee?.
SL: Yes I have. It's right there (pointed at the paper in front of him which he clearly missed out).
VO: (Keeps typing and typing and typing).
VO: Your visa has been approved, pick it up in three business days. Also, make sure you don't present the B1/B2 visa at the POE so it doesn't raise any issues.
SL: Thank you very much.
SL: So the B1/B2 visa is still valid?
VO: Yes it is.

I thanked him again and left!

Thanks to God, everyone that prayed with me as well as the Special tips from AKO1, KennyRonny, Meritdee.

Tuesday was just miraculous because before me, they had only approved a visa for 1 woman and her daughter (an Indian). Every other person had a blue paper (denial). In fact, the three F1 applicants ahead of me were rejected out-rightly. I remember praying as I walked before the VO. God is faithful and kind.

Next off, who lives in New York here oooooo. Looking to share an apartment. smiley
Congratulations dear.... Welcome to America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
stevecrun:
No good university is less than a million..Unless you want to transfer to a good community college and pay by installment. But don't go to the embassy with a Community College..you're less likely to be granted an F1 visa.
It means the community college is nt really good for my status? I'm a graduate of agric econs from Lautech and I am intending of furthering my studies in usa with cheap university in usa dat is less than a million naira......pls can u enlighten me more on this,i will appreciate....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
warriboy21:

guy try troy uni..but u gotta have strong recommendation letters n sop n try to do both mba n toefl.. to boost ur chances...
Yeah,can it be possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
fizzile:
For those that want to apply into Minnesota state university,of which am one...don't forget its compulsory to register with educationusa at the usa embassy in lagos or abuja. I called the lady incharge of educationusa and she informed me that u must come with your transcript before u can be registered. I don't know if any other document will be needed. Then the registration fee is 33,600naira. This minnesota state university and their stress. Na just becos of one reason,na why I just wan go there else I for just shun deir so-called educationusa.
How much is ur tuition fee pls??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
bigfrancis21:

1) For many schools, you don't have to pay school fees in advance before granted your admission letter + I-20. For a few schools with experience with Nigerians known for getting admission and visa with admission from their school but never showing up at the school after arriving the US, they often demand for part tuition payment from Nigerian students to weed out the serious ones from the ones trying to obtain US admission to escapee Nigeria. This depends on the school. For many students currently in the US, they never had to pay tuition deposit before receiving their admission packet and for some students at schools with experience with Nigerians, they had to pay tuition deposit to receive their admission packet. As for the embassy, the US embassy does not care if or not you paid tuition deposit to your prospective school. Tuition deposit payment is not a requirement for the US student visa.

2) No, accommodation is not provided except maybe school hostels (called dormitories in US parlance) for graduate students which are usually expensive compared to living off campus. Off campus living is strongly recommended because you can often get way cheaper housing than what is usually obtainable in school hostels. For undergraduate students, it might be compulsory to live on campus during your first semester or first year or so after which you can move off campus if you so wish but for graduate students it is not usually required that you live on campus during your first year. A few schools, however, do provide temporary housing accommodation for newly-arrived international students for a few days until they are able to find an apartment of their own but not all schools do this.

3) This is total balderdash. As an international student, undergraduate or masters, you can start working in the US as soon as your school resumes and you get a job but you can only work on campus for 20 hours per week (part time) when school is in session during fall and spring semesters and 40 hours per week (full time) during summer and winter breaks. By law, you are not supposed to work off campus.
Pls like what schools in USA did I know that dey don't require tuition fee before u can be granted admission and visa? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
pepe4reps:

It means the community college is nt really good for my status? I'm a graduate of agric econs from Lautech and I am intending of furthering my studies in usa with cheap university in usa dat is less than a million naira......pls can u enlighten me more on this,i will appreciate....

'if you're too conceited or self-important, something will happen to make you look foolish"....even a US state resident haven't paid an equivalent of that in a semester(*expenses included).
1. look for schools with available funds in agricultural technology (if you so desire)
2. write the standardized tests and make high scores
3. package your application and you might be considered for a form of funding
use this link to your strength google.com
be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
pepe4reps:

make your research on gradschools.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
stolid:

Get a paypal account at www.paypal.com
Connect your naira master card account to your paypal account. I strongly recommend StanBic for this, because of their minimal rate.
When you get to the point you have to pay for the exam while registering, check out with your paypal details.

As simple as ABC, bro.
Pls how much is d GRE registration?

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.