Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,865 members, 7,821,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785348 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
y hv der not been interview transcript?....hope dis dollar issue have not affected embassy application?

lagossniv pls tell ur colleagues to consider dos going for interview oo i take god beg u o. grin..talk to ur felow coleagues o dollar no easy again o smiley

nypesin wen dem deny na heart attack o sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
jay123000:
@anikemoses, do u mean I should disregard the method of paying online with a mastercard as instructed here..www.fmjfee.com? ( Sevis website)..Anyone here with better option of paying sevis online shuld pls contribute,thks so much
u will have to fill the form on the fmjfee site to get a coupon which u will send to me,I will print it and take it for the payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
warriboy21:
y hv der not been interview transcript?....hope dis dollar issue have not affected embassy application?

lagossniv pls tell ur colleagues to consider dos going for interview oo i take god beg u o. grin..talk to ur felow coleagues o dollar no easy again o smiley

nypesin wen dem deny na heart attack o sad
Hehehe. Naira is now messed up, like Zimbabwe Dollar. I said it couple of days ago.

Nigeria as an entity is really suffering because there's a lot of sabotage. But one thing these guys actually don't know is that nature is balanced.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
somlaw213:

well, thanks bro, My visa was approved, it was just God's doing
Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Anthocracy(m): 10:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hello guys, I was offered admission into one of American's medical schools. The following documents were sent to me:
1. Admission letter
2. Entry VISA APPLICATION FORM
3. School Fees details for the first year.
4. Booklist
5. And document containing other documents that I need to submit for my VISA processing.
I was told to pay complete school fees (US $ 25,200) through any of the means listed in the document to enable them process my VISA, but the issue now is that the finance is not yet at hand for now and I'm to start class on May 2.
My question now is, is it possible to use that admission letter to process VISA by myself and travel and how can I go about it. Thanks, your opinion is highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Abigalbee98(f): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
hi every1,been lng I post here.... pls gurus in da ous...I will really appreciate u guys if u guys can help me wit dis.....pls if u knw u won't say a positive tin just passby don't even quote.......I research on dis schools
delta state uni,cleveland
southern Missouri state uni
Minnesota state uni
west Texas A&M state uni
Minot state uni
bemidji state uni
alcorn state uni
Arkansas state uni
Williams Carey uni
and c dat dey are affordable.....wot I really want u guys to do is to shaft d good 1's out....going for my bachelor degree in nursing
tanks in advance............ 1 house/1 luv

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Anthocracy:
Hello guys, I was offered admission into one of American's medical schools. The following documents were sent to me:
1. Admission letter
4. Booklist
5. And document containing other documents that I need to submit for my VISA processing.
I was told to pay complete school fees (US $ 25,200) through any of the means listed in the document to enable them process my VISA, but the issue now is that the finance is not yet at hand for now and I'm to start class on May 2.
My question now is, is it possible to use that admission letter to process VISA by myself and travel and how can I go about it. Thanks, your opinion is highly appreciated.

First of all

1) What school?
2) What course?
3) What agent helped you?
4) What qualification you have?

Please, answer those questions sincerely to prevent story that touches the heart later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
bbdd:

@amanze15
Try to avoid giving advice based on a single experience and then generalizing it.
It's morally wrong to say students try to set TA's up for failure. Why would they do that? Even if they did, doesn;t mean that's the way students behave everywhere in all schools in the US. Come on man.
I been a TA , i have been an RA. I had fun doing both and i enjoyed it. Students were nice and courteous.

Try to give advice devoid of your personal opinions because you risk biasing someone's experience.

i seek permission to withdraw such generic. Just a singled out experience shared with grad students at a workshop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
godG:

1,000 LIKES!

Aside the demanding schedules, being a TA or RA is fun! Some of your students will send a "Thank You" email to you and you will instantly forget all your worries.
Egbon 1000 likes haba smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2016
Congrats bro,please try share your interview transcript.that's the tradition here. God bless!
somlaw213:

well, thanks bro, My visa was approved, it was just God's doing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:13am On Feb 21, 2016
Anthocracy:
1. Admission letter
4. Booklist
I was told to pay complete school fees (US $ 25,200) through any of the means listed in the document to enable them process my VISA,
but the issue now is that the finance is not yet at hand for now and I'm to start class on May 2.

The last time I checked, I have not seen a single school in the 51/52 states of USA that process visa for their international student and even asked them to pay the full tuition and fee to enable them process visa for their international applicant

Are you sure you are the one that applied to the school yourself ?

If you didn't apply to the school yourself, I think it's a scam for asking you to pay full tuition and fee and becareful on this even canny don't ask for complete tuition and fee

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 2:55am On Feb 21, 2016
Anthocracy:
1. Admission letter
4. Booklist

Just because of the sheer incoherence of what you posted, I looked up your profile.

In one post you said you graduated with medical lab science, in another post you graduated from delsu with computer science.

Now, you got admission to do medicine in the US. Before I even talk about the rigorous nature of us medical schools admission, the exams you have to write aren't readily available in Nigeria. How did you get admission without writing the exams??

Only you know the game you're playing, don't expect us to buy it.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 3:10am On Feb 21, 2016
If you know anyone who needs to exchange naira to $ I can help....
Holla at me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:33am On Feb 21, 2016
amanze15:

Egbon 1000 likes haba smiley

You know I am a cheerful giver. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:36am On Feb 21, 2016
bbdd:

Just because of the sheer incoherence of what you posted, I looked up your profile.

In one post you said you graduated with medical lab science, in another post you graduated from delsu with computer science.

Now, you got admission to do medicine in the US. Before I even talk about the rigorous nature of us medical schools admission, the exams you have to write aren't readily available in Nigeria. How did you get admission without writing the exams??

I know some smart guys! cool I don't know why people find it cool to lie even on a faceless forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2016
bbdd:

Probably he's an agent,trying to get some tips so he could be able to scam innocent people. God help us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 21, 2016
worry359:

The visa officer may ask why you picked the school. (you must gain admittance first)
How are you going to answer?
Will you say
"I could not pass exam."
or "I could not afford exam"
Both will get you a rejection.

Up to you if you want to try, it's your money to waste.
What I mean was that if d school give me an admission without asking or request for TOEFL before And on getting to embassy and d consular asked for my TOEFL and I said it wasn't required by d school DAT gave me an admission. Will DAT not be a rejection is d consular know DAT I dont write TOEFL exam and I was given an admission.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by larrytorch(m): 9:57am On Feb 21, 2016
imperiouxx:

Most MS grads are TA graders and instructors for pre labs for the first year undergrads. PhD candidates are given RA and TA since PhD means research and teaching is part of the degree. PhD students are given 1 or 2 level down. Depending on teaching skills. For the MS students, your control of your native accent and teaching skills would be weighed first. Dont forget that at the end of every semester you would be reviewed by your students just like for every instructor in the school. If you come out bad in previous semester but you're in good academic standing to maintain your GA position, the graduate school will put your in any other available position or you automatically lose your GA until the next semester.

My first semester GA was to help in biochemistry research lab (beginning of my thesis), second semester was to instruct pre-lab for 300L Org. Chem, third was prep the lab for 400L advanced biochemical method and fourth was assisting another TA in 100L intro Chem lab. They made me assistant to another mate because by then I was concluding my thesis and defense.... Work load was too much.

Bro, Pls wc sch did u do ur graduate programme ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2016
Please is there anyone in Illinois here?

Preferably University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. I have a truckload of questions, anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Abigalbee98:
hi every1,been lng I post here.... pls gurus in da ous...I will really appreciate u guys if u guys can help me wit dis.....pls if u knw u won't say a positive tin just passby don't even quote.......I research on dis schools
Minnesota state uni
west Texas A&M state uni
Minot state uni
bemidji state uni
alcorn state uni
Arkansas state uni
Williams Carey uni
and c dat dey are affordable.....wot I really want u guys to do is to shaft d good 1's out....going for my bachelor degree in nursing
West texa A&M state university
Arkansas state uni
Southern missouri state uni
Minnesota state uni also make sense if you are ready to deal with EducationUSA
Do not apply to a low profile schools just because of their low tutition fee it might be a redflag at the embassy.
#Happyweekend#

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haffikem(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Anthocracy:
1. Admission letter
4. Booklist

Anthocracy:
What are the signs that a girl will start to show when she need sex.

Some people feel this forum is a joke. The last time i checked, US medical school for $25,200 ? for a non PR holder ?

the cheapest i know of is $42,250. These are people who tend to get the whole idea of this niche forum twisted.

maybe em no even get passport . You want cheap recognition, go tell TY Bello to snap you foto oooh !

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wine4dguy: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Please my fellow nairalanders a friend is planning on applying for a non degree post graduate course in Iowa because he has a second class lower division in mechanical engineering and no school accepts that for masters I want to know the probability that he gets the admission and if that is possible does it qualify him for a masters degree after the course? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
wine4dguy:
Please my fellow nairalanders a friend is planning on applying for a non degree post graduate course in Iowa because he has a second class lower division in mechanical engineering and no school accepts that for masters I want to know the probability that he gets the admission and if that is possible does it qualify him for a masters degree? Thanks

Who told you no school accepts a lower division for Masters? There are lots of schools that would offer him admission, albeit maybe not high profile ones. What exactly is his CGPA? Has he written the GRE & TOEFL?

If he wants to go for a Masters degree, he should write the necessary standardized exams & look for schools that would accept his GPA regardless. There are many schools that would offer him admission, sofar he does well in the tests & other parts of his application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wine4dguy: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
stolid:

Who told you no school accepts a lower division for Masters? There are lots of schools that would offer him admission, albeit maybe not high profile ones. What exactly is his CGPA? Has he written the GRE & TOEFL?

If he wants to go for a Masters degree, he should write the necessary standardized exams & look for schools that would accept his GPA regardless. There are many schools that would offer him admission, sofar he does well in the tests & other parts of his application.
His cwa is 2.25 on a 4 scale
Please can you suggest school can can accept that? He hasn't written any test yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Abigalbee98:
Minnesota state uni
west Texas A&M state uni
Minot state uni
bemidji state uni
alcorn state uni
Arkansas state uni
Williams Carey uni

I really don't think its possible to study B.S Nursing in the USA. They do require some docs Nursing License. My sister is also applying to one of the Sch u out up there and I must confess dia admission process is easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
godG:

You know I am a cheerful giver. grin
maybe i send my paypal details so you can translate your generosity cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
Abigalbee98:
Minnesota state uni
west Texas A&M state uni
Minot state uni
bemidji state uni
alcorn state uni
Arkansas state uni
Williams Carey uni

Walspring Profojah2 come and help this fine beautiful celestial girl out. God bless you as you do so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
wine4dguy:

His cwa is 2.25 on a 4 scale
Please can you suggest school can can accept that? He hasn't written any test yet

You really know a lot about your friend.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
amanze15:

maybe i send my paypal details so you can translate your generosity cool

**flees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
godG:

Lmao..Friend indeed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
larrytorch:

Bro, Pls wc sch did u do ur graduate programme ?

Eastern New Mexico University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wine4dguy: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
godG:

ah ah na bros I no fit get info from the guy again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.