Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785109 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
paulbets:
bro i have got rejects from utk and usf already. Just now waiting to hear from fsu, etsu, kstate. Thanks for checking on me, really been a while but i trust you are fabulous.

Cool.
Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oaadekiitan: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Good day to everyone here. I'm planning to acquire my second degree (M.sc) in the state. Please people in the house and the experienced ones in the house, I would be glad to learn and receive substantial information about schools, city, tuition/fund, and any other helpful information towards actualization of my educational pursuit in the U.S. I studied Agricultural Economics for my first degree. I'm residing out of Nigeria at the moment, Central Asia (Republic of Kazakhstan to be precise, one of the old USSR countries)
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
oaadekiitan:
Good day to everyone here. I'm planning to acquire my second degree (M.sc) in the state. Please people in the house and the experienced ones in the house, I would be glad to learn and receive substantial information about schools, city, tuition/fund, and any other helpful information towards actualization of my educational pursuit in the U.S. I studied Agricultural Economics for my first degree. I'm residing out of Nigeria at the moment, Central Asia (Republic of Kazakhstan to be precise, one of the old USSR countries)
Thanks in anticipation.

Good to have you. Try to read any of the parts - 1 to 8 - from page one. Just one part and you will be good.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Yea, generally MS is an African American populated state. It's funny to hear that the few whites moved out of Jackson (the largest city in MS) to nearby towns. Those that come to the capital are only there to work. Thats why the crime rate is high and the standard of living over there is poor. Madison is fair though.

This might not concern me but pardon my curiosity:

I have a problem with the inferences made therein; why would crime rate be high because of migrants who come in to work at Jackson and a consequent poverty lifestyle?

Just curious!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
rogerdavid:

This might not concern me but pardon my curiosity:

I have a problem with the inferences made therein; why would crime rate be high because of migrants who come in to work at Jackson and a consequent poverty lifestyle?

Just curious!

Oh. The crime rate is not as a result of the migrants. The migrants are the whites who work in the state capital but live outskirt. They left the city because of black domination and rough lifestyle in the city. Government on the other hand dont usually help in a community dorminant by the blacks. Such trend is seen everywhere including NYC. As such standard of living is poor. Crime rate is expected to rise when the only thing people can think of is to refuse education but like to use model cars pimped with big chrome rims and party.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hello gurus,
I applied for a US B1 visa last year but it was denied unfortunately. Now I gained admission into a chemistry doctorate program with full funding/assistantship. Please would the previous denied application affect my chances of getting a F1 visa now? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by snazzie: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Quietly i ve bn followin ds trend,amazed at d successes of d nairalanders.I got som hitches yl applyin fr admsn into schs in US fr M. Sc in mech. Engr. My gre score is 305,sat fr ielts (7.0 in speakin nd d rest 6.5), apllied into MTU nd UT dallas bth rejected my application askin mi to improve on gre nd reapply. My concerns are;1) with my score, shldnt dt b enof to gt me admitted?. 2)best i retake my gre again(3rd tym)? Or 3)i apply to oda schs and wc schs ll b suitable nd easier fr a mech engr... Nid a candid contributions.
Thanks.
@slimmy05 @warriboy21 @imperiouxx @Msnas.. Et. Al
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Hello gurus,
I visited stanbicIBTC bank today and asked about how much rate they charge if I use their bank MasterCard in the US. I was told they will charge the normal rate of 199 naira per dollar with a maximum monthly withdrawal limit of $750 cash on ATM. Can is be true ? I mean 199 naira/dollar ?
Boss, that is a broad day light robbery o grin.
I used my GTB card on Walmart yesterday and I was charged 300 for each dollar. I doubt any bank will give you that rate of 199..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
snazzie:
Quietly i ve bn followin ds trend,amazed at d successes of d nairalanders.I got som hitches yl applyin fr admsn into schs in US fr M. Sc in mech. Engr. My gre score is 305,sat fr ielts (7.0 in speakin nd d rest 6.5), apllied into MTU nd UT dallas bth rejected my application askin mi to improve on gre nd reapply. My concerns are;1) with my score, shldnt dt b enof to gt me admitted?. 2)best i retake my gre again(3rd tym)? Or 3)i apply to oda schs and wc schs ll b suitable nd easier fr a mech engr... Nid a candid contributions.
Thanks.
Sorry but with the spelling and use of English shown in your post
you will have difficulty convincing a university that you have sufficient education.
This is NOT an insult but an observation of your spelling, punctuation and use of language.
It is not even text speak. angry

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rogerdavid: 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Oh. The crime rate is not as a result of the migrants. The migrants are the whites who work in the state capital but live outskirt. They left the city because of black domination and rough lifestyle in the city. Government on the other hand dont usually help in a community dorminant by the blacks. Such trend is seen everywhere including NYC. As such standard of living is poor. Crime rate is expected to rise when the only thing people can think of is to refuse education but like to use model cars pimped with big chrome rims and party.

Fantastic expounding!

It seems to be then that the level of racial discrimination induced even by those in Govt is still worrisome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
snazzie:
Thanks.

I know how it feels. Some schools have stringent admission requirements while some are lean back. Those that rejected you might belong to the first group I mentioned. 305 GRE score is good enough but not the best. You should be able to get admissions if you can try apply to at least 4 schools altogether. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
rogerdavid:

Fantastic expounding!

It seems to be then that the level of racial discrimination induced even by those in Govt is still worrisome!

Like someone said this morning, racial discrimination is what we constantly live with everywhere to the extent that you dont even know such exists unless you're victimized. So, you dont have to worry about that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by snazzie: 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

I know how it feels. Some schools have stringent admission requirements while some are lean back. Those that rejected you might belong to the first group I mentioned. 305 GRE score is good enough but not the best. You should be able to get admissions if you can try apply to at least 4 schools altogether. Best of luck.
Fynks, pls any idea of d less stringent schools(their names) or second group (if there is any) u talked about
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by snazzie: 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
worry359:

you will have difficulty convincing a university that you have sufficient education.
This is NOT an insult but an observation of your spelling, punctuation and use of language.
Thanks point noted. I was just tryin to write so much by usin som shrtcodes nd since it isnt official i see no reason y i cant

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
snazzie:

Fynks, pls any idea of d less stringent schools(their names) or second group (if there is any) u talked about
your best bet is to use www.msinus.com you'll see list of schools and likely GRE scores. You can email the graduate coordinator, he/she should tell the average score of student who have been admitted over the years.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
rogerdavid:

Fantastic expounding!

As an African, I would be scared when I see you in sagged ripped jean with big boots and hoodie late night or lonely road. Sometimes, we just muddle insanity with racial discrimination smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
rhemmie91:
Hello gurus,
I applied for a US B1 visa last year but it was denied unfortunately. Now I gained admission into a chemistry doctorate program with full funding/assistantship. Please would the previous denied application affect my chances of getting a F1 visa now? Thank you

what sch r u going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by snazzie: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
your best bet is to use www.msinus.com you'll see list of schools and likely GRE scores. You can email the graduate coordinator, he/she should tell the average score of student who have been admitted over the years.
Thanks alot boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
snazzie:

Thanks alot boss
When you streamline school post all here. Try and look for more schools in the south since you would aiming for funding.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
worry359:

Baby easy na lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
snazzie:
Thanks.
Ur gre n ielts is Gud.. Wen applying to schools always apply to other schools that are less stringent with admission as backup.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by obowunmi(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Sorry about the email. I've not checked that email for like 6 months. I will check it when I'm at home tonight. Hartford is at where? Not in NM I guess.

Hartford is in Connecticut
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 12:32am On Feb 24, 2016
obowunmi:

Hartford is in Connecticut

Yea, I saw it on google. I was just confused as to why he asked the question since it's clear that schooled in NM not NY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 12:34am On Feb 24, 2016
Louisiana state University
Holudarey01:

what sch r u going?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Snazzygirl: 12:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Hey folks,

Any RNs or nursing grads in the US looking for sponsorship? Send an email if interested.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 12:44am On Feb 24, 2016
snazzie:
Thanks.

What is your GPA?

Do you mind schools without funding?

These are important questions to ask.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 1:08am On Feb 24, 2016
paulbets:
bro i have got rejects from utk and usf already. Just now waiting to hear from fsu, etsu, kstate. Thanks for checking on me, really been a while but i trust you are fabulous.

UTK - University of Tennessee, Knoxville?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2016
rhemmie91:
Hello gurus,

Sure, it could affect you. If you showed up with hundreds of fake stamps and a story that made no sense, it will affect you for the rest of your life. If you were given a lifetime ban for misrepresentation it would affect you too. But if you simply weren't qualified at the time, then it isn't a problem.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 7:37am On Feb 24, 2016
LagosNIV:

Sure, it could affect you. If you showed up with hundreds of fake stamps and a story that made no sense, it will affect you for the rest of your life. If you were given a lifetime ban for misrepresentation it would affect you too. But if you simply weren't qualified at the time, then it isn't a problem.

No no, nothing like that. Just ineligible according to section 214(b)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2016
rhemmie91:

No no, nothing like that. Just ineligible according to section 214(b)

Then you should be fine - you will still have to meet all of the requirements at the time of the interview, but a prior refusal under 214(b) isn't a big deal.

That being said, 10 prior refusals under 214(b) starts to look suspicious...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 8:02am On Feb 24, 2016
LagosNIV:

Then you should be fine - you will still have to meet all of the requirements at the time of the interview, but a prior refusal under 214(b) isn't a big deal.

That being said, 10 prior refusals under 214(b) starts to look suspicious...

Oh, just one refusal. Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2016
essayHelp:

Congrats Bro. Is the Mississippi offer for Masters or PhD?

Thanks boss. It's for Masters. Waiting for the PhDs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.