Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786846 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by expertman(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
drealsheggs:
@Walspring......thanks. meanwhile i meanwhile the schooling i am applying to is a technical and the program i'm going for is digital filmmaking & video production. Also, My assistant director of admission told me that it would be indicated on my I-20 that TOEFL is not required. please could this be an advantage for me at the embassy? your views please.

Bros basically TOEFL or No TOEFL is not the mean thing.

The main thing is preparations and GRACE !

Most recent applicants check their transcript and you will notice that most of them going for undergraduate got their Visas without the VO checking their Test of Language.

As a matter of fact my junior sister was denied USA student visa Twice then we decide to apply for canada student visa.

And behold she got the Canada within 3months that's what we call grace because we use same documents used for the USA to apply for the Canada.

So is all about Grace not TOEFL.

Enjoy

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayemidun03(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello house,
am a silent follower of this thread, got my visa approved yesterday. thanks to the house in general. below is how it went:
Visa interview: 7.30am
Vo: where are u going?
me: California uni of mgt & sci.
vo: why usa
me: because usa education is of high standard and well structured
vo how do u know calums
me: through google
vo: why this school?
me: in my search, my attention is schl that there weather condition is similar to that of nigeria and most importantly cheap tuition
vo: how many schl did u apply to
me minesota state uni, calums and unilag
vo: who is sponsoring u
me: my mum
vo: what does she do
me: she is an IT consultant
vo: what do u do
me: am a cost accountant
vo:what is your undergraduate course
me: accounting
vo: from where
me: lagos state university
vo: when did u graduated
me: march 2010
vo: what are the list of course for ur master
me: principle of economics, element of biz mgt
vo: any specialty
me: cost minimization in biz mgt
vo: she gve me back my I-20 and sevis fee receipt
me: k
vo; visit ur picking centre in the next 5day to pick up ur visa
me: ok ma with smiles all over my face.

i must confess to u guys na God, no documents was asked..just my DS-160 confirmation letter, I-20, sevis fee receipt and my passport with one passport photograph. i was just been natural tru out the interview section. Thanks house,...

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by orise100(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
Congratulations and I wish u d best of luck during your stay in school... grin me too tap into your testimony; let God grant me mine too wink cheesy
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
am a silent follower of this thread, got my visa approved yesterday. thanks to the house in general. below is how it went:
vo how do u know calums
me: in my search, my attention is schl that there weather condition is similar to that of nigeria and most importantly cheap tuition

i must confess to u guys na God, no documents was asked..just my DS-160 confirmation letter, I-20, sevis fee receipt and my passport with one passport photograph. i was just been natural tru out the interview section. Thanks house,...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by orise100(m): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello people, pls I intend doing my masters degree in CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT in the US...is there anyone in the house pursuing this same degree?
Pls I need information on good Universities offering this programme.
Thanks a lot house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bleuocean: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
hello ,

who knows the fastest bank in Nigeria for form A processing? Some banks are just too slow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
OJCITY22:
@fizzle..i want to apply buh don't really understand the procedure.. I intend to apply for MA URBAN STUDIES....
We are almost in the same field. I have applied for MSC in Environmental Science. U can send a pm to me,then we can get talking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=cseejhay post=44038254][/quote]

And YOU did not have to quote the whole post repeating it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by expertman(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bleuocean:
hello ,

who knows the fastest bank in Nigeria for form A processing? Some banks are just too slow.

Go try First Bank.

Enjoy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by expertman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
vo how do u know calums

Congrats brother. I could smell that grace on you from afar.

Because the VO had many reasons to Delay that your visa yet he approved it .

Brother kindly go for thanks giving !

vo how do u know calums
[b]
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
vo how do u know calums

vo how do u know calums
[/b]
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
vo how do u know calums

vo how do u know calums
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
vo how do u know calums

congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by erictack203(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
^
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
expertman:

Bros basically TOEFL or No TOEFL is not the mean thing.

The main thing is preparations and GRACE !

Most recent applicants check their transcript and you will notice that most of them going for undergraduate got their Visas without the VO checking their Test of Language.

As a matter of fact my junior sister was denied USA student visa Twice then we decide to apply for canada student visa.

And behold she got the Canada within 3months that's what we call grace because we use same documents used for the USA to apply for the Canada.

So is all about Grace not TOEFL.

Enjoy
Cool but discouraging folks not to take standardized test is a drawback. On a good day, standardized test could be a "saving grace."

"Standardized test" is also an indication for a home tie.

Most schools in Canada do not require standardized test or tests from Nigerian students so that could easily be waived for visa processes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by expertman(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
DeeTus:
Cool but discouraging folks not to take standardized test is a drawback. On a good day, standardized test could be a "saving grace."

"Standardized test" is also an indication for a home tie.

Most schools in Canada do not require standardized test or tests from Nigerian students so that could easily be waived for visa processes.

Not in a way to discourage is good to get the test though just stating an obvious experience I had during my sister application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Grad admission sent me this mail

Your application is complete and with the department for review.  Once we send a completed application to the department we do not know how long it will take for it to return with a decision.

Thank You,

Funny enough I know people that have been rejected by the same department but I've not been contacted.
Waiting period come be like the coming of Jesus Christ.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
expertman:

Not in a way to discourage is good to get the test though just stating an obvious experience I had during my sister application.
It's okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello house,
I was recently advised by some guru's here that i can't get an F1 visa with a community college I-20. That i can get an admission with a good university, then when i get my visa, transfer my sevis record to the community college, my question now is, is there any chance that the university can decide to refuse to send my sevis record to the community college? Does that happen? And also is it immediately after getting the visa that you ask the uni to transfer your sevis record or one has to wait till he is fully in the us and has resumed before he makes such move. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Apologies for the slow response. Your earlier e-mail arrived while I was traveling and did not have e-mail access.

The department committee has now met to make decisions regarding Graduate Teaching Assistantships. We had a very small number of assistantships available this year to offer to incoming students, making the decision a difficult one. Unfortunately, you were not selected for an assistantship offer. However, you are on the waiting list. Those who have received initial offers have until mid-April to accept or decline, at which point those on the waiting list may be considered for assistantships.

What this means is that at this point, you cannot depend on the department to provide financial assistance. If that changes, I will let you know. I’m sorry the news is not better, and I wish we had more GTA lines to extend to qualified students such as yourself.

Just got this email lol... heartbreaking. That waiting list ish is just a long thing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
sureb0y:
Apologies for the slow response. Your earlier e-mail arrived while I was traveling and did not have e-mail access.

The department committee has now met to make decisions regarding Graduate Teaching Assistantships. We had a very small number of assistantships available this year to offer to incoming students, making the decision a difficult one. Unfortunately, you were not selected for an assistantship offer. However, you are on the waiting list. Those who have received initial offers have until mid-April to accept or decline, at which point those on the waiting list may be considered for assistantships.

What this means is that at this point, you cannot depend on the department to provide financial assistance. If that changes, I will let you know. I’m sorry the news is not better, and I wish we had more GTA lines to extend to qualified students such as yourself.

Just got this email lol... heartbreaking. That waiting list ish is just a long thing.

just wait till April 15
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
URGENT PLEASE

ANY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT THAT IS READY TO WORK HARD FOR MSC OR PHD . ALL TUITION PAID ALONG WITH MONTHLY STIPEND SHOULD PM ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
sureb0y:

Tell your worries to Jesus. You can also look at other units or departments in the school. All will be well. Best wishes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
HOTWATER:

URGENT PLEASE

ANY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT THAT IS READY TO WORK HARD FOR MSC OR PHD . ALL TUITION PAID ALONG WITH MONTHLY STIPEND SHOULD PM ASAP

Please consider me sir, this offer looks sweet. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
GboyegaD:

I will try and an email to Janice on Monday and feed you back.

Gunther6, here is the response I got from Janice:

Good morning Gboyega,
We have already allocated all the assistantship positions that we have for the fall 2016 incoming class.  It is likely he would not have qualified as we have an exceptionally strong class this  year with average GPA of funded students 3.9, and quantitative GRE score of 161.  Additionally all funded students have all As in core courses and the majority have As also in upper level math courses (calculus 2, 3 and 4 for example).  I’m sorry I cannot offer more positive news for your friend. Please contact me with any additional questions and I’ll try to help. Thank you.
Dr. Hauge

I will suggest you be hopeful on your other school choices.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
don4ye:

Check out Bridgeport, Valparaiso

valpo dont have msc engin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wish you best of luck. E go sure
sureb0y:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
ayemidun03:
Hello house,
vo how do u know calums

congrats bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mystiqme:

Application fees dey. Owo isakole as well. Send me a PM and let me see how I can help. Hurry as it is very competitive wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
drealsheggs:
@Walspring......thanks. meanwhile i meanwhile the schooling i am applying to is a technical and the program i'm going for is digital filmmaking & video production. Also, My assistant director of admission told me that it would be indicated on my I-20 that TOEFL is not required. please could this be an advantage for me at the embassy? your views please.

Yes if you can give reasons why it was waived and NO If you can't.

Lemme ask is the school a university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mystiqme:

Egbon! E ku ijo meta. How is it going with you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
so people are stil coming to yankee for schooling shocked at this time when dollar is stil at its maximum....whew..

america shhaa grin de always have a way of making dis dia country desirable for immigrants grin

jus wen de noticed a slight decline in school and visa application(which was due to oil price drop), noting d negative efect it wil have on dia economy, de now extended opt to 3years grin..(oil abeg pls drop furder so dat we can get free PR tongue)

so all ye intending imigrants ...umust find d moni o...weda dollar high or not cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
HOTWATER:

URGENT PLEASE

Cc: dicapino, lobito007

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.