Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,234 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786957 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
slimmy2005:
You'll still need financial statement that would show you have the money to pay for the first year estimate. Funding or no Funding. Even at the embassy too
na $30k be that o
Thanks bro
I appreciate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sirriddy you were fully funded right? Did you still submit bank statements before getting your I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Walspring:

Go to www.fmjfee.com then fill and submit form I901

Thank you boss
Which of the form will I click?

Form I 20

Or

Form ds 2019?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:
Sirriddy you were fully funded right? Did you still submit bank statements before getting your I-20?
I did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
sirRiddy:

I did

How come? Wasn't the funding enough?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo,
Depends on the sch
my friend gained admission to Minnesota @ twin cities with full funding and he didn't send bank system
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Even where his GA covers all the costs? My school doesn't require that sha.

Plus the VOs have repeatedly said they aren't really interested in financial statements.
Note: it is always at the discretion of the VO to ask for documents that would satisfy him or maybe convince him enough. It is not compulsory but it is necessary.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
don4ye:

Thank you boss
Which of the form will I click?

Form I 20

Or

Form ds 2019?
form I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

How come? Wasn't the funding enough?
funding are always renewed that is if funds are available. If the dept doesn't get much funds the next year, your grant might be withdrawn or if you do not meet the 3.0GPA.

NB: renewal is contingent on availability of funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:
pls I need clarification about this.
who can help me break it down.

I am happy to offer you a total financial assistance package of $ 17,203.00 for the 2016-2017 academic year.  This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.  This includes estimated partial tuition of $3,101.50 for fall 2016 and spring 2017 and a graduate assistantship of $5,500.00 for fall 2016 and spring 2017.

Please note that you will be responsible for the payment of the remaining tuition, university fees, health insurance and other costs.  Details on tuition, fees and health insurance are available on the University Treasurer’s website - http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/business-and-finance/comptroller/treasurer/tuition-and-fees/.

This offer has the following terms and conditions:
·         You must be enrolled full time in your academic program; at least 9 credit hours in graduate courses.

·         To continue to receive this financial assistance, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.

·         You are expected to work 20 hours per week.

·         You are not permitted to accept any employment within or outside the university while you are receiving an assistantship.

·         You must actively participate in research, meetings, conferences, seminars, graduate assistant training conducted by the Graduate School and the academic department.

·         This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.

Should you have any questions regarding this offer, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at zassefa@ncat.edu.  Please indicate your acceptance of this offer by April 15, 2016 by email to Dr. Zerihun Assefa.  If I don’t receive your acceptance by April 15, 2016, this offer will be automatically voided.

Sincerely,

Zerihun Assefa, Ph.D.
Interim Chair and Professor

CC
LaShawn Harvey
Administrative Support Associate
International Students and Scholars Office

Bernadette Smith-Murray
Administrative Assistant
North Carolina A&T State University
Department of Chemistry
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC  27411
Bro. How did you get this juicy offer. I have admission and visa. And I've been thinking on how to get funding, my sch said I can't get one till after a year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
slimmy2005:
form I-20

Thanks boss..after I filled the form, can I ask someone in Yankee to help me pay at western union?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
MrMann1:

Bro. How did you get this juicy offer. I have admission and visa. And I've been thinking on how to get funding, my sch said I can't get one till after a year.
no be me o
na my friend.
But this came with the admission

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jahbless82: 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
Please check now

expertman:

Didn't got ur mail bro !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=dannybrown19 post=44009689]
Boss, take every advice you get from the big bosses here. One of them asked you to get admission with a four year university, use their I-20 to get your visa but when you get to obamaland, you can transfer to a community colleg, as simple as that.
Your chances of getting a visa with a community college i-20 is very very slim..
Na my 2 cent be that..[/quote

Ok thanks bros.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
don4ye:

Thanks boss..after I filled the form, can I ask someone in Yankee to help me pay at western union?
yeah sure. Just send the person western union money transfer of the amount
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femoalaofin: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello.. please how did u register for the toefl nd gre.. nd if u av an idea about their equivalent prices in naira? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Anyiogwu: 12:44am On Mar 23, 2016
Walspring:

Is it university or high school transcript

Well if it's high school transcript they will accept waec result card but university own must be official

Just check their website and click on Nigeria and you will get more info about which and how the transcript should be mail to them
Its University, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello friends, please is there any body in Minnesota state University, Mankato.. Please I need your assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello sirs and ma'ams,
Please, is anyone here aware of schools in the U.S that do accept a second class lower (below 3.0 CGPA) for masters? I've checked some schools but haven't found any. I'm looking forward to do a masters program in Petroleum Engineering.

Kindly help out if you know some. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 9:13am On Mar 23, 2016
NewSheriff:
Hello sirs and ma'ams,
Please, is anyone here aware of schools in the U.S that do accept a second class lower (below 3.0 CGPA) for masters? I've checked some schools but haven't found any. I'm looking forward to do a masters program in Petroleum Engineering.

Check out Bridgeport, Valparaiso
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by femoalaofin: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello.. please I urgently need to how did u register for the toefl nd gre.. nd if u av an idea about their equivalent prices in naira? is it going to b cbn's rate or black market rate...? nd what if I use PayPal..?
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pattyreal(f): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello gurus in the house. please I have finally started my application but I need a guide to all dese so as not to make any mistake. first of all do we have anybody in the house that is studying health informatics in Houston or any state? i'm interested in Houston. please kindly chat me up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2016
OJCITY22:
Hello friends, please is there any body in Minnesota state University, Mankato.. Please I need your assistance
Have u been admitted to study there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
don4ye:

Check out Bridgeport, Valparaiso
Thanks. They don't offer the course I'm looking for though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2016
Holudarey01:

no be me o
na my friend.
But this came with the admission

Ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sirchris4u(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Walspring:

Yes you must have money to pay for app fee, evaluation fee if required, visa fee, sevis and if possible courier fee in the school ask you to Pay it before sending your admission packet

After you have you visa you should also have money for flight ticket, tuition fee, accommodation fee and pocket money..
please can u gv an estimated amount that are paid in university over there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 23, 2016
Slimmy2005.. I sent you a mail..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by expertman(m): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2016
NewSheriff:
Hello sirs and ma'ams,

Check university of arkansas, murray state uni,university of central ohklahoma.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
@fizzle..i want to apply buh don't really understand the procedure.. I intend to apply for MA URBAN STUDIES....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
@Walspring......thanks. meanwhile i meanwhile the schooling i am applying to is a technical and the program i'm going for is digital filmmaking & video production. Also, My assistant director of admission told me that it would be indicated on my I-20 that TOEFL is not required. please could this be an advantage for me at the embassy? your views please.

Walspring:

It's part of your supporting documents and if applicant don't have (s)he will be attended to and sometimes having one of these test help and not having it leads to denial by some VO

Infact it's compulsory as far am concern for those who want success at times and it's not compulsory for those who want to take risk.. Don't forget it's my own opinion

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.