Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783710 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
Walspring:

It's very slim and the percentage is 0.0000001%

Please why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
pls I need clarification about this.
who can help me break it down.

I am happy to offer you a total financial assistance package of $ 17,203.00 for the 2016-2017 academic year.  This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.  This includes estimated partial tuition of $3,101.50 for fall 2016 and spring 2017 and a graduate assistantship of $5,500.00 for fall 2016 and spring 2017.

Please note that you will be responsible for the payment of the remaining tuition, university fees, health insurance and other costs.  Details on tuition, fees and health insurance are available on the University Treasurer’s website - http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/business-and-finance/comptroller/treasurer/tuition-and-fees/.

This offer has the following terms and conditions:
·         You must be enrolled full time in your academic program; at least 9 credit hours in graduate courses.

·         To continue to receive this financial assistance, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.

·         You are expected to work 20 hours per week.

·         You are not permitted to accept any employment within or outside the university while you are receiving an assistantship.

·         You must actively participate in research, meetings, conferences, seminars, graduate assistant training conducted by the Graduate School and the academic department.

·         This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.

Should you have any questions regarding this offer, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at zassefa@ncat.edu.  Please indicate your acceptance of this offer by April 15, 2016 by email to Dr. Zerihun Assefa.  If I don’t receive your acceptance by April 15, 2016, this offer will be automatically voided.

Sincerely,

Zerihun Assefa, Ph.D.
Interim Chair and Professor

CC
LaShawn Harvey
Administrative Support Associate
International Students and Scholars Office

Bernadette Smith-Murray
Administrative Assistant
North Carolina A&T State University
Department of Chemistry
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC  27411
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
godG:

Professor sir, o maa le die o (e go hard small). But not impossible. There is ≤ 1 person in every part of this thread that got an F1 with an I-20 from a community college. Give
it a shot, if you think you really want this. Best wishes.

Thank you bros. People are just getting me scared. When i asked a vo on one of this threads, he denied it and said visa is all about your ties but its as usual, they will debunk it but it might be actually true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Professor554:

Thank you bros. People are just getting me scared. When i asked a vo on one of this threads, he denied it and said visa is all about your ties but its as usual, they will debunk it but it might be actually true
Boss, take every advice you get from the big bosses here. One of them asked you to get admission with a four year university, use their I-20 to get your visa but when you get to obamaland, you can transfer to a community colleg, as simple as that.
Your chances of getting a visa with a community college i-20 is very very slim..
Na my 2 cent be that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
expertman:

Hello Please did you submit any test of English to get the Bridgeport admission?

Did you send your documents via email or you sent to through courrier?

On your 2.1M see most VO don't check bank statement infact if there are good flows of cash in and out of the account then you may be granted your visa.

Go to the embassy get visa with bridgeport F120 and then transfer to community college after getting visa.

Hope that helps !

Scanned copy they accept. No English test. Write one for embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Anyiogwu: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hi, please I'm applying for my transcript evaluation at ECE, I want to request for 2 extra sealed copies which will be mailed to my address as Im still researching about the CC that I will enrol at.

My question is, will the schools still recognise the transcript as official if I mail them by myself when its still sealed with ECE seal when I want to apply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Anyiogwu:
Hi, please I'm applying for my transcript evaluation at ECE, I want to request for 2 extra sealed copies which will be mailed to my address as Im still researching about the CC that I will enrol at.

My question is, will the schools still recognise the transcript as official if I mail them by myself when its still sealed with ECE seal when I want to apply?
Once u are in custody of the evaluated transcript,it's no longer deemed "official"...U can always request for a personal copy during your evaluation payment which will be sent to your home address.Once evaluated,u will have to pay about $25 to send an official copy to any Institution...However,for some schools,even after receiving your Evaluated ECE transcript,they still request u send another official transcript from your undergraduate school,speaking about my personal experience with NCAT and Troy univ....My advice is,simply scan a personal copy sent to u and send via e-mail to any school of yours for admission purposes and after you are admitted,you can order an official copy to the school..I hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Anyiogwu: 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
anikemoses:
Once u are in custody of the evaluated transcript,it's no longer deemed "official"...U can always request for a personal copy during your evaluation payment which will be sent to your home address.Once evaluated,u will have to pay about $25 to send an official copy to any Institution...However,for some schools,even after receiving your Evaluated ECE transcript,they still request u send another official transcript from your undergraduate school,speaking about my personal experience with NCAT and Troy univ....My advice is,simply scan a personal copy sent to u and send via e-mail to any school of yours for admission purposes and after you are admitted,you can order an official copy to the school..I hope this helps.

Clear, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:
pls I need clarification about this.
who can help me break it down.

I am happy to offer you a total financial assistance package of $ 17,203.00 for the 2016-2017 academic year.  This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.  This includes estimated partial tuition of $3,101.50 for fall 2016 and spring 2017 and a graduate assistantship of $5,500.00 for fall 2016 and spring 2017.

Please note that you will be responsible for the payment of the remaining tuition, university fees, health insurance and other costs.  Details on tuition, fees and health insurance are available on the University Treasurer’s website - http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/business-and-finance/comptroller/treasurer/tuition-and-fees/.

This offer has the following terms and conditions:
·         You must be enrolled full time in your academic program; at least 9 credit hours in graduate courses.

·         To continue to receive this financial assistance, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.

·         You are expected to work 20 hours per week.

·         You are not permitted to accept any employment within or outside the university while you are receiving an assistantship.

·         You must actively participate in research, meetings, conferences, seminars, graduate assistant training conducted by the Graduate School and the academic department.

·         This offer is effective for fall 2016 and will be renewed for spring 2017 after a review of your performance at the end of fall 2016 and contingent upon the availability of funds.

Should you have any questions regarding this offer, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at zassefa@ncat.edu.  Please indicate your acceptance of this offer by April 15, 2016 by email to Dr. Zerihun Assefa.  If I don’t receive your acceptance by April 15, 2016, this offer will be automatically voided.

Sincerely,

Zerihun Assefa, Ph.D.
Interim Chair and Professor

CC
LaShawn Harvey
Administrative Support Associate
International Students and Scholars Office

Bernadette Smith-Murray
Administrative Assistant
North Carolina A&T State University
Department of Chemistry
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC  27411
Going by the email,you are already granted a GA,NCAT is a very generous institution with funding during Fall semester. To answer your questions: First accept the offer,check your online application portal to accept or you email the designated Prof.You must be enrolled as a Full time student every semester,I don't know how else to explain this,your minimum course credit each semester should be 9,meaning in Naija context that u must register 3 different 3 unit courses every semester.but some schools only allow GA students to register 6units while any additional course units will be paid by the student.2. you GPA per semester must not fall short of 3.0 out of 4.0 to maintain ur GA position.3.As an International student,u can't work more than 20hrs weekly on Campus.4.You can't work outside the school's Campus or exceed the 20hrs weekly schedule.5.There is always research seminars and other programs which u will be given a prior notice and it's a "Must attend". 6.All these factors will be considered in the next Academic year to evaluate your performance in order to retain u or hire someone else,In this case,the GPA is one of the major factor,some schools also consider what we term "employment appraisal" from your colleagues and immediate boss before considering to retain u...cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
anikemoses:
Going by the email,you are already granted a GA,NCAT is a very generous institution with funding during Fall semester. To answer your questions: First accept the offer,check your online application portal to accept or you email the designated Prof.You must be enrolled as a Full time student every semester,I don't know how else to explain this,your minimum course credit each semester should be 9,meaning in Naija context that u must register 3 different 3 unit courses every semester.but some schools only allow GA students to register 6units while any additional course units will be paid by the student.2. you GPA per semester must not fall short of 3.0 out of 4.0 to maintain ur GA position.3.As an International student,u can't work more than 20hrs weekly on Campus.4.You can't work outside the school's Campus or exceed the 20hrs weekly schedule.5.There is always research seminars and other programs which u will be given a prior notice and it's a "Must attend". 6.All these factors will be considered in the next Academic year to evaluate your performance in order to retain u or hire someone else,In this case,the GPA is one of the major factor,some schools also consider what we term "employment appraisal" from your colleagues and immediate boss before considering to retain u...cheers

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

thanks

are you clear about the funding offered?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
don4ye:
Pls how do I go about paying servis fee ? Do I need to fill any form?

Go to www.fmjfee.com then fill and submit form I901

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello All, please is TOEFL mandatory at the embassy and does it mean that anyone without TOEFL, sat, GRE or GMAT won't be attended to and would it result in a visa denial? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Anyiogwu:

Is it university or high school transcript

Well if it's high school transcript they will accept waec result card but university own must be official

Just check their website and click on Nigeria and you will get more info about which and how the transcript should be mail to them

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
drealsheggs:
Hello All, please is TOEFL mandatory at the embassy and does it mean that anyone without TOEFL, sat, GRE or GMAT won't be attended to and would it result in a visa denial? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

It's part of your supporting documents and if applicant don't have (s)he will be attended to and sometimes having one of these test help and not having it leads to denial by some VO

Infact it's compulsory as far am concern for those who want success at times and it's not compulsory for those who want to take risk.. Don't forget it's my own opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

are you clear about the funding offered?
partial tuition waiver. can u expansiate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

partial tuition waiver.
can u expansiate?

You've said it already. They've given you a 6k "discount" off your yearly tuition. I'm guessing full tuition should be about 30k. So you have to cough out 24k. They've also made a contribution of 11k to your yearly cost of living. Your yearly cost of living should be about 18k. So you'll have to cough out additional 7k for living expenses.

I just gave you estimates. You'll have to check your school's "estimated costs of attendance" to confirm how much extra funds you'll need to have to get your I-20 issued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

You've said it already. They've given you a 6k "discount" off your yearly tuition. I'm guessing full tuition should be about 30k. So you have to cough out 24k. They've also made a contribution of 11k to your yearly cost of living. Your yearly cost of living should be about 18k. So you'll have to cough out additional 7k for living expenses.

I just gave you estimates. You'll have to check your school's "estimated costs of attendance" to confirm how much extra funds you'll need to have to get your I-20 issued.
this one na die o.
thanks baba. na my friend o. me still dey wait for decision
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

this one na die o.
thanks baba. na my friend o. me still dey wait for decision

Haha ok. I'm sure you should get your decisions soon. Me na I-20 I dey wait for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01,

If you keep reading the mail you might get yourself confused on the actual amount awarded or the money you'll need to pay in addition to your financial grant. What you need to understand is that there are hidden fees that some grants do not cover and it includes: Program fees, Insurance, Online fees (if you're taking online class) and maintenance fees. The only way you can get the right amount you'll be remitting from your pocket is to call the bursar. Better still email your graduate coordinator.

Do you have an idea how much your school charge per graduate credit? It looks more like Half Graduate Assistanship. But if it's a full graduate assistanship, expect to pay nothing more than $1200 to $2000 per semester.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

The living expenses is just an estimate. I don't think he would spend more than 7k for living expenses (Rent and Bills) for one year. His semester fees if he is taking 9 credit hours shouldn't be more than 7k per semester. I am sure if its a Full GA, he won't even pay more than 2000 per semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

bro
what if my assistantship covers all my estimated cost. do I av to provide financial statement befr I get my I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
slimmy2005:
The living expenses is just an estimate. I don't think he would spend more than 7k for living expenses (Rent and Bills) for one year. His semester fees if he is taking 9 credit hours shouldn't be more than 7k per semester. I am sure if its a Full GA, he won't even pay more than 2000 per semester.

Yes true. But for I-20 purposes you'll need to show much more. For mississippi state university, it's over 17k for living expenses. Meanwhile mississippi is arguably the state with the lowest cost of living.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
slimmy2005:
Holudarey01,

If you keep reading the mail you might get yourself confused on the actual amount awarded or the money you'll need to pay in addition to your financial grant. What you need to understand is that there are hidden fees that some grants do not cover and it includes: Program fees, Insurance, Online fees (if you're taking online class) and maintenance fees. The only way you can get the right amount you'll be remitting from your pocket is to call the bursar. Better still email your graduate coordinator.

Do you have an idea how much your school charge per graduate credit? It looks more like Half Graduate Assistanship. But if it's a full graduate assistanship, expect to pay nothing more than $1200 to $2000 per semester.

Thanks bro.
I ve done that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

bro
what if my assistantship covers all my estimated cost. do I av to provide financial statement befr I get my I-20?

Nope. As long as the GA offer covers it all. But as slimmy said, there may be some small small fees you may still have to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Yes true. But for I-20 purposes you'll need to show much more. For mississippi state university, it's over 17k. Meanwhile mississippi is arguably the state with the lowest cost of living.
the school is in North Carolina
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Nope. As long as the GA offer covers it all. But as slimmy said, there may be some small small fees you may still have to pay.
It's actually required for him to provide financial statement that would reflect the total estimate for the first year fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

bro
You'll still need financial statement that would show you have the money to pay for the first year estimate. Funding or no Funding. Even at the embassy too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

now I understand..
Thanks guys
you're the best
slimmy2005:
It's actually required for him to provide financial statement that would reflect the total estimate for the first year fee

Even where his GA covers all the costs? My school doesn't require that sha.

Plus the VOs have repeatedly said they aren't really interested in financial statements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Holudarey01:

now I understand..
Thanks guys
you're the best

Slimmmy says I'm wrong. So check with him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by landuseact: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
I don't think the GA can cover all the costs anyway. There is always some thing extra that you will pay, but it may be little. You should still be prepared to present financial statements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.