Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783647 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LUCAS99: 6:35am On Mar 29, 2016
12inches1:
Hi everyone. I used to be a member of this thread this time last year. So I'm right here in the U.S. Living the American dream *rolls eyes* I quit my job to study MS in Civil engineering. Trust me school, here is way better than Nigeria. Also way tougher. At least the course I'm doing. Everything is so advanced and computerised. I have a research assistantship that fully funds me. And my people at home still try. So money is not a problem. However, the challenges here are a lot. Weather, different food (I still have running tummy frequently from food here), culture shock, language (Yes language. Nobody seems to hear what you say and you have to repeat yourself over and over again til its gets tiring), Racism ( Yes, I said it!), loneliness and too many other things to mention. I'm still hanging there though.lol. The change was very rapid trust me. If you have not been outside Nigeria before it would be very tough. It even may be tougher if you didnt grow up in an urban area in Nigeria. Sometimes I think it's all just not worth it. I also believe America is not what it used to be. Many people are finding that out very very slowly. Getting a well paying jobs even for the American themselves is challenging. You also give up a lot to be here. You don't see your family for long. And when they dont hear from you, they think you're snubbing them. But it's actually the time difference. Well I wish you all luck. But if you eventually make it through admission and eventually VISA. I have just one statement for you.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE.
After months and months of thinking about it. I would return to Nigeria after my degree. Crazy right? Don't ask me why? But I believe I'm better off in Nigeria thank you. Cheers and goodluck.

I totally agree with you. I used to believe that the “American Dream” was true but having been here for almost four years am beginning to realize that the so called “American Dream” is simply a mere fallacy projected by western media.

One thing for sure is that the American society will offer you a better standard of living compared to Nigeria. Good roads, Stable electricity, Security etc… but all this comfort comes at a cost. Using myself as an example after being paid every two weeks and when you are done paying all your bills you hardly have enough savings left in your bank account. I stand to be corrected but I believe one stands a better chance of “hitting it big” in Nigeria than in America.

I have also seen maybe a few Nigerians who are living a comfortable lifestyle here in the United States. I have met a doctor who lives in a nice gated community and owns about four different cars. The other people I have met mostly young guys in their 20’s are either into one or multiple shady businesses because their income does not justify their exorbitant lifestyle. I am yet to wrap my head around how they are able to own about three different cars including a range rover while working a minimum wage job. Even when you probe them for more answers they are unwilling to let you know what they actually do for a living.

I also noticed that most Africans not just Nigerians are unwilling to help one another. I think we need to learn from the Indians, Asians and Mexicans when it comes to helping and cooperating with one another.

If you are looking for a better standard of living then America is the best place for you. But if your aim is to “hustle” and “hit it big” then I don’t think here is the best place for you.

I know a lot of people will ask what are my still doing in America since is no longer easy out here.

For me I gave up a lot to be here and I already know I can’t go back to Nigeria empty handed and start fresh. Giving up easily is not my forte. My mum is already dead and my dad has married a new wife. Came here when I was 18 and I will be 22 this year so I believe age is still on my side. I have already mapped out a plan and hopefully in 5-7 years time I must have saved up a lot and head back to Nigeria to start a business and start a new life.

If you have a "nice professional job" back in Nigeria and you are thinking of quitting your job to start a new life in America please have a rethink. Remember is not always greener on the other side.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 29, 2016
Nice one Lucas. The benefit of being here is to get that quality education and get a living . American Dream, it's just a dream and nothing more. Lol. If you depend on hourly pay and not try to be productive yourself then you are not tapping from the system. Since capital has been a major setback for a lot of people with great business ideas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2016
MS in mathematics
biikeys:

What course are you going for at UT Arlington?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2016
Applied mathematics, cryptography is nice as well, do you know any school that offers it yet
ebim:

Thank you. If I may ask is it pure or applied mathematics you are going for?
I am looking for something close to cryptography while studying mathematics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stoicism: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2016
12inches1:
Hi everyone. I used to be a member of this thread this time last year. So I'm right here in the U.S. Living the American dream *rolls eyes* I quit my job to study MS in Civil engineering. Trust me school, here is way better than Nigeria. Also way tougher. At least the course I'm doing. Everything is so advanced and computerised. I have a research assistantship that fully funds me. And my people at home still try. So money is not a problem. However, the challenges here are a lot. Weather, different food (I still have running tummy frequently from food here), culture shock, language (Yes language. Nobody seems to hear what you say and you have to repeat yourself over and over again til its gets tiring), Racism ( Yes, I said it!), loneliness and too many other things to mention. I'm still hanging there though.lol. The change was very rapid trust me. If you have not been outside Nigeria before it would be very tough. It even may be tougher if you didnt grow up in an urban area in Nigeria. Sometimes I think it's all just not worth it. I also believe America is not what it used to be. Many people are finding that out very very slowly. Getting a well paying jobs even for the American themselves is challenging. You also give up a lot to be here. You don't see your family for long. And when they dont hear from you, they think you're snubbing them. But it's actually the time difference. Well I wish you all luck. But if you eventually make it through admission and eventually VISA. I have just one statement for you.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE.
After months and months of thinking about it. I would return to Nigeria after my degree. Crazy right? Don't ask me why? But I believe I'm better off in Nigeria thank you. Cheers and goodluck.

So those of working hard toward admission and eventually visa are unknowingly preparing for BATTLE. shouldn't come there? Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2016
GTB charging N299 per $ for online payments if anyone wants to know.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2016
Please if I may ask, is DAT for the parallel rate?
Fortissimo:
GTB charging N299 per $ for online payments if anyone wants to know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 10:49am On Mar 29, 2016
Hello house I need your advice , most of the school my sis is applying to doesn't need the SAT Essay , so am thinking of not including it in her SAT registration, What do u think, is the Essay really compulsory since she did not need it?. Waiting patiently for a reply . Thanks JAH BLESS u all on this forum , u have really be of good help .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 29, 2016
Tods:
Applied mathematics, cryptography is nice as well, do you know any school that offers it yet

I saw some,but I think it is for post- graduates, but elliptic curves is part of mathematics and can lead to cryptography...but I am still trying to figure out which course elliptic curves fall under,if you know pls share.I personally prefer the courses in pure mathematics to applied mathematics sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kutestic2(m): 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
Pls kindly help me my people... I'm planning to do my masters in California university of mgt science... I saw application fee for $100 one person said is $200. Thou I'm very sure is $100 because that was what I saw on their site.

Pls I want to confirm how much sevis fee is because I Dont see that info on their site.

I heard about evaluation fee too for $150 too... I Dont know about that at all.

Another something I need to know is this... I had HND in accounting is it possible for me to do master in computing information system ? Someone told me that I will have to dhl my transcript, application form, statement of account and copy of my international passport to the school to give me admission letter... Pls is this the only document I have to dhl ?

Pls help me out. God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kutestic2(m): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
kutestic2:
Pls kindly help me my people... I'm planning to do my masters in California university of mgt science... I saw application fee for $100 one person said is $200. Thou I'm very sure is $100 because that was what I saw on their site.

Pls I want to confirm how much sevis fee is because I Dont see that info on their site.

Another something I need to know is this... I had HND in accounting is it possible for me to do master in computing information system ? Someone told me that I will have to dhl my transcript, application form, statement of account and copy of my international passport to the school to give me admission letter... Pls is this the only document I have to dhl ?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kutestic2(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=kutestic2 post=44218561][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
kutestic2:

You should E-mail or telephone the admissions department to check that they will accept your HND
before going too much further.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nawao these oyibos just dey put sugar in all their food...even chicken! Makes me keep thinking...e be like say salt dey too costly arround here o shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tods(f): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hello house, please can someone reply me Asap with the current exchange rate for dollar at the parallel market? If you just changed money or you know anyone that just did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by youngmoney416: 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
I will like to apply to Harvard University. How likely am I going to get admitted and does the international grant covers the cost of attendance for 4 years in computer science degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kutestic2(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thank u very much... Pls kindly update me as regard the remaining info that I need. I will do send them an email

God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! another I regret coming to yankee/there's nothing here/it is easier to make it in Nigeria post. I wonder the Nigeria you're talking about o. For every bad thing you can say about what you're experiencing there in Yankee, I can say 4 things about the madness here in Nigeria. The same Nigeria where stupid people praise the leaders for doing the most basic thing they're supposed to do? You vote someone into office and you start thinking they're gods for doing their jobs? Ambode won't let us hear word because of streetlights in Lagos. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, my point is the standard here in Nigeria is sooo low that we celebrate stupid things like that. streetlight? really? you'll see people celebrating 48 hours of uninterrupted power supply, new cars for the Police, etc. it's comical.

The same Nigeria where you can't trust the police to protect you? You have your rights violated effortlessly. Nigeria where a man can chase a woman out of his house after 20 years of marriage with nothing just because he's tired of the marriage? the same woman he forced to become a housewife o. The law in Nigeria is a joke. There was a law recently that the policemen should stop checking people's phones on the road. loool... make Naija policeman ask you to bring your phone make you do like mad person, you don ready to follow them go station and sleep for cell be that after you don chop countless slaps. Them fit set you up sef. I don tire sef to dey think of the stupid things wey dey naija. you even complained about weather, looooool call your people for Lagos and ask them how dem survive this easter period. No light, no fuel for gen, the heat sef na die. you come dey there dey complain of weather. when if e dey too hot, you fit on fan or ac anytime or if e dey too cold, you fit wear winter clothes or turn heater on (at a large cost, I know). Ogbeni!!! no make boys vex for you o. you even get funding to study abroad with your family supporting you with money. you come dey here dey complain. lool

"I am coming to Nigeria after my degree and don't ask me why"... okay o, I want to assume there's a 400k-a-month job already waiting for you without interview. It's your decision. Forgive me but in my opinion, most of the things you have complained about are very very basic... things you should overlook!!! Racism? weather? culture shock? food? lmao... Bro, abeg... there's something they call adaptation. They speak English in yankee, it's just your accent, with time... you'll improve and it's gonna get better. There are worse things to complain about Sir, these ones are just disappointing. Drive your 2002 Honda accord, Jam oyinbo man for Lekki wey dey drive G-Wagon make policeman dey there, you go see as Naija policemen go treat you like trash. They'd treat you in your own country like a slave and treat the foreigners like gods. so which racism you dey complain about? Loneliness? you are complaining about loneliness? loooool... smh.

Young boys in their 20's driving expensive cars and leaving you to wonder how they're doing it is called sleeping on a bicycle. it is everywhere. "Even when you probe them for more answers they are unwilling to let you know what they actually do for a living". so they should tell you because you're an FBI agent? lol... shine your eyes bro. You don't even know what they're doing but you're convinced it's something shady. na wa o. If them tell u now, you go say u no fit do am, you go cast them say e.g. Bolaji wey dey Texas, na him mama mate him dey marry and na because of money him marry the woman.

hopefully in 5-7 years time I must have saved up a lot and head back to Nigeria to start a business and start a new life. lmao... Bro, This statement is even contradictory, 1. for you to believe you MUST HAVE saved a lot in 7 years, it means you're expecting to make money in 7 years, and this in turn means bad as e bad, you still think it is possible to make a lot of money in Yankee despite as u dey complain. so make una no dey come up with these kind arguments like say na die. 2. you want to come and establish a business in Naija with your life savings? omo... bros, is this Nigeria you're talking about the same one in west Africa? I don't know you o, but this idea of "start a business in Nigeria", you better think am well. It comes with no guarantees.

Only a fool thinks the American dream is to enter Yankee and magically become a millionaire and start sending money down to your home country (I'm not calling you a fool o, don't get me wrong. I mean anyone who's expecting paradise as the American dream is on a long thing). A sensible person sees the dream as an opportunity to have a better life, a better standard of living. That's what it is, an opportunity. It comes with no guarantees. Don't put yourself under pressure to succeed at so so and so age, don't use the success of others as a yardstick to judge urs and condemn yourself. Do your own and learn how to make yourself happy without these materialistic things. Some people will watch Davido videos and how he spends money and be sad for weeks, asking God why they can't enjoy similar things.

Give yourself time, a lot of it. Learn to adapt and overlook many things. Don't lose the ginger after just a few obstacles. There are ups and downs everywhere. Roll with people who have been successful with the american dream and learn from them. Unless it's in the extreme form abeg make we hear word about this racism nonsense. I can call you a monkey, you would laugh. if white man call u monkey, you go vex say na racism. Bros if you get like 9 inches down there, enter gym... get six packs, powerful arms, better chest. drink agbo wella make you get better spinal cord. see as girls go dey chase you up and down. Overlook the negatives and focus on the positives. In this life, you make your own luck.

In summary and conclusion: No be everybody go make am for yankee, and no be everybody go make am for Naija. People can complain and complain over very basic things. some will complain over taxes like the electricity, roads, etc were provided by the greek gods. No be money dem use construct and maintain those things? Keep your expectations low so you won't get disappointed. The world isn't perfect. There's hardship everywhere, don't lose the ginger. Enjoy your life while you have it. Instead of complaining, ask people as e dey go and don't sleep on a bicycle.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
godG:
Baba imperiouxx, please sah, I dey wait the soccer link.

Check your email. Sorry it's coming late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
Using myself as an example after being paid every two weeks and when you are done paying all your bills you hardly have enough savings left in your bank account.

But if your aim is to “hustle” and “hit it big” then I don’t think here is the best place for you..

These two statements get as e be. According to statement 1, in Nigeria when dem pay you salary, and you pay all your bills, settle all your debts, you still have a lot of money in your bank account? LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Bro, if you live alone here in Nigeria, feed yourself, transport yourself to work, pay nepa bill, house rent, lawma, help your family, etc. You'll realize it's almost the same. by the time they pay you your money (That's if they even pay you at the right time lol... some people aren't paid for months), you go see say to save sef go be long thing.

Statement 2, if you want to hustle, things dey for yankee sef for you to do. shine your eyes! boys dey make money from different things! you only need to be informed. Again, I am not talking about illegal stuff. I'm referring to better hustle as a sharp guy. No be to just sidaun for macdonalds dey wash plates or serve lunch be hustle. e.g. to dey drive truck, money dey there sef. u fit turn male stripper for club lmao... na just examples. things dey!!! u fit dey help naija boys buy things sef for yankee. what they do with it is not your business.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tods:
Hello house, please can someone reply me Asap with the current exchange rate for dollar at the parallel market? If you just changed money or you know anyone that just did.

The dollar is 320 naira at the parallel market. tho some BDCs might sell a little lower say 318/319.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
sureb0y... you made real sense with your response. Yankee worst na Naija best tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by stoicism: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
sureb0y:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! another I regret coming to yankee/there's nothing here/it is easier to make it in Nigeria post. I wonder the Nigeria you're talking about o. For every bad thing you can say about what you're experiencing there in Yankee, I can say 4 things about the madness here in Nigeria. The same Nigeria where stupid people praise the leaders for doing the most basic thing they're supposed to do? You vote someone into office and you start thinking they're gods for doing their jobs? Ambode won't let us hear word because of streetlights in Lagos. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, my point is the standard here in Nigeria is sooo low that we celebrate stupid things like that. streetlight? really? you'll see people celebrating 48 hours of uninterrupted power supply, new cars for the Police, etc. it's comical.

The same Nigeria where you can't trust the police to protect you? You have your rights violated effortlessly. Nigeria where a man can chase a woman out of his house after 20 years of marriage with nothing just because he's tired of the marriage? the same woman he forced to become a housewife o. The law in Nigeria is a joke. There was a law recently that the policemen should stop checking people's phones on the road. loool... make Naija policeman ask you to bring your phone make you do like mad person, you don ready to follow them go station and sleep for cell be that after you don chop countless slaps. Them fit set you up sef. I don tire sef to dey think of the stupid things wey dey naija. you even complained about weather, looooool call your people for Lagos and ask them how dem survive this easter period. No light, no fuel for gen, the heat sef na die. you come dey there dey complain of weather. when if e dey too hot, you fit on fan or ac anytime or if e dey too cold, you fit wear winter clothes or turn heater on (at a large cost, I know). Ogbeni!!! no make boys vex for you o. you even get funding to study abroad with your family supporting you with money. you come dey here dey complain. lool

"I am coming to Nigeria after my degree and don't ask me why"... okay o, I want to assume there's a 400k-a-month job already waiting for you without interview. It's your decision. Forgive me but in my opinion, most of the things you have complained about are very very basic... things you should overlook!!! Racism? weather? culture shock? food? lmao... Bro, abeg... there's something they call adaptation. They speak English in yankee, it's just your accent, with time... you'll improve and it's gonna get better. There are worse things to complain about Sir, these ones are just disappointing. Drive your 2002 Honda accord, Jam oyinbo man for Lekki wey dey drive G-Wagon make policeman dey there, you go see as Naija policemen go treat you like trash. They'd treat you in your own country like a slave and treat the foreigners like gods. so which racism you dey complain about? Loneliness? you are complaining about loneliness? loooool... smh.

Young boys in their 20's driving expensive cars and leaving you to wonder how they're doing it is called sleeping on a bicycle. it is everywhere. "Even when you probe them for more answers they are unwilling to let you know what they actually do for a living". so they should tell you because you're an FBI agent? lol... shine your eyes bro. You don't even know what they're doing but you're convinced it's something shady. na wa o. If them tell u now, you go say u no fit do am, you go cast them say e.g. Bolaji wey dey Texas, na him mama mate him dey marry and na because of money him marry the woman.

hopefully in 5-7 years time I must have saved up a lot and head back to Nigeria to start a business and start a new life. lmao... Bro, This statement is even contradictory, 1. for you to believe you MUST HAVE saved a lot in 7 years, it means you're expecting to make money in 7 years, and this in turn means bad as e bad, you still think it is possible to make a lot of money in Yankee despite as u dey complain. so make una no dey come up with these kind arguments like say na die. 2. you want to come and establish a business in Naija with your life savings? omo... bros, is this Nigeria you're talking about the same one in west Africa? I don't know you o, but this idea of "start a business in Nigeria", you better think am well. It comes with no guarantees.

Only a fool thinks the American dream is to enter Yankee and magically become a millionaire and start sending money down to your home country (I'm not calling you a fool o, don't get me wrong. I mean anyone who's expecting paradise as the American dream is on a long thing). A sensible person sees the dream as an opportunity to have a better life, a better standard of living. That's what it is, an opportunity. It comes with no guarantees. Don't put yourself under pressure to succeed at so so and so age, don't use the success of others as a yardstick to judge urs and condemn yourself. Do your own and learn how to make yourself happy without these materialistic things. Some people will watch Davido videos and how he spends money and be sad for weeks, asking God why they can't enjoy similar things.

Give yourself time, a lot of it. Learn to adapt and overlook many things. Don't lose the ginger after just a few obstacles. There are ups and downs everywhere. Roll with people who have been successful with the american dream and learn from them. Unless it's in the extreme form abeg make we hear word about this racism nonsense. I can call you a monkey, you would laugh. if white man call u monkey, you go vex say na racism. Bros if you get like 9 inches down there, enter gym... get six packs, powerful arms, better chest. drink agbo wella make you get better spinal cord. see as girls go dey chase you up and down. Overlook the negatives and focus on the positives. In this life, you make your own luck.

In summary and conclusion: No be everybody go make am for yankee, and no be everybody go make am for Naija. People can complain and complain over very basic things. some will complain over taxes like the electricity, roads, etc were provided by the greek gods. No be money dem use construct and maintain those things? Keep your expectations low so you won't get disappointed. The world isn't perfect. There's hardship everywhere, don't lose the ginger. Enjoy your life while you have it. Instead of complaining, ask people as e dey go and don't sleep on a bicycle.

Bros when u look at the fact that one of the reasons he gave for labelling a strive to study in America as a worthless BATTLE, is food and language barrier then u will see that there is something underlying in his mispost.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tods:
MS in mathematics

Okay. You have funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
awe2015:
Nawao these oyibos just dey put sugar in all their food...even chicken! Makes me keep thinking...e be like say salt dey too costly arround here o shocked shocked

They have too much salt in their foods too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
LUCAS99:

I have also seen maybe a few Nigerians who are living a comfortable lifestyle here in the United States. I have met a doctor who lives in a nice gated community and owns about four different cars. The other people I have met mostly young guys in their 20’s are either into one or multiple shady businesses because their income does not justify their exorbitant lifestyle. I am yet to wrap my head around how they are able to own about three different cars including a range rover while working a minimum wage job. Even when you probe them for more answers they are unwilling to let you know what they actually do for a living.

I also noticed that most Africans not just Nigerians are unwilling to help one another. I think we need to learn from the Indians, Asians and Mexicans when it comes to helping and cooperating with one another.

If you are looking for a better standard of living then America is the best place for you. But if your aim is to “hustle” and “hit it big” then I don’t think here is the best place for you.

I disagree with the bolded. You need to move around and meet people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olenime(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Abeg, who dey go FIU this fall?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
sureb0y:

Best write up ever!! Kudos bro

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by landuseact: 4:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
The American dream is no different from the Lagos dream. It's not a promise of fulfillment but a promise of opportunities, if you understand this you can never be frustrated over here. You have your reasons for expressing regret probably because you were misinformed. The bills you complain about are still doing something right? you get electricity, water etc. You also end up seeing result of your taxes. It's a system that works for them. Is it perfect? Nope.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.