Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786326 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
MrMann1:

Well I thought I gave you parallel market... Well official rate is 199/200 naira, while black market is 320
Cool. Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
LUCAS99:

Easier said than done. Hopefully when you arrive you will understand how the system is structured. From my observation only a very few people make it. Many more end up with just maybe a greencard and a United states passport to boast of after spending 10 years to 20 years abroad and only live paycheck to paycheck and are even ashamed to go back home.

To be very honest with you, I don't see traveling as a do or die affair, If they deny my visa application I won't go and be depressed cos of it. In view of this, I am going to yankee with my expectations in check. I hope to blend with their system and try to make the most of the opportunity. Bros, if things no work out, I won't commit suicide because I don't have a ferrari to show my friends here in Nigeria. From your posts, it is obvious you see success/happiness as MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, showing off to your friends, coming back to Naija to prove to people that you made it (read all you've written, that's what you're concerned about). It's a kind of win-win, if e no work out for yankee, at least you will have their degree to go wherever and try again. you create your own luck. just maybe a greencard and a United states passport This is enough for some people. You think an American passport is worthless like Naija passport? I don't know sha, I have not set any unrealistic and depressing target for myself. If I enter Yankee and I study for 2 years, if things become totally unbearable as you have tried to argue, I'm going to come back to Naija and not see myself as a failure. It is my life, I don't live it to impress anybody. Like I said, open your eyes and be smart and before you consider coming back to Naija finally, think about it very well. Forget the people you're coming to meet and what they'd think/say. As long as you didn't brag before leaving Nigeria, brag while you're abroad, nobody is going to laugh at you when you come back. Do you think everybody on this thread wants to go to yankee, study and look for "good paying jobs"? Some people just wanna get the visa and find their square roots, some no go near the school sef (This is illegal, unadvisable, criminal, terrible, stupid, etc. I don hear... that's what they call taking risks and hustling). Die-hard hustlers lol. People survive in countries where English is not official and getting a job depends on worse factors (Estonia, Finland, Iceland), you dey God's own country, you dey lament. Change your mindset o. Roll with people who have a positive mindset, and tap from it. Opportunities yapa!!! Don't sleep on an okada. I don talk my own sha. Forget what people would think/say and live your life how u think is best FOR YOU. whether you fail or succeed in life, live it for yourself and be happy. Do things because you want to do them not because you want to impress people.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Sirriddy is already dreaming of Kansas you're here talking about paycheck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
slimmy2005:
Sirriddy is already dreaming of Kansas you're here talking about paycheck.
Lol. So much learnt already in the last 24 hrs or so.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
That's that sha. I'm done with applications. 3 applications, 2 rejections, 1 acceptance... wait-listed for funding. the $100 I paid for the other 2 applications dey pain me sha. I for just chill with my 1 acceptance jeje. I'll keep waiting for the funding, if e no come na to send financial docs, get i-20 and try to get visa. I go find funding opportunities after a semester. Mad people lol.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2016
sirRiddy:

Lol. So much learnt already in the last 24 hrs or so.
Getting a better Master degree is something to hold on to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
slimmy2005:
Getting a better Master degree is something to hold on to.
Yeah. True. Hope you enjoyed your spring break?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
people fit scare person for here o.
Anyway make I decision come first.
Anyhow e go be, we dey jand this fall.

Dickoflife, I hail una. Baba ibe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
obiaguna:

Alright. Would get it when I get to work tomorrow. Would send you a pm now sef. Thanks.

if you can access kicka$$ torrent site you could get a 1gb comprehensive GRE prep package. then add all the Powerprep materials from ets.

Or if you can hook me up in OAU
I HAVE 6 -7GB of GRE /TOEFL
1.x GB docs and youtube videos are like 6Gb. PM me or any body who needs and can show in OAU.... my 2cents...
infact, I have the solutions to all the ets powerprep questions. I cant remember the site I got I t from sha, but try and Google it..

GOD help us all....
GRE is not beans!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 30, 2016
sirRiddy:
Hello guys. Please I may have a little problem with my nysc certificate. I am a corps member presently and would be leaving for graduate studies next fall. If I leave nysc half way or fail to obtain the certificate, what do I do when I return? Can I get an exemption letter or I have to do nysc all over again?
Bigfrancis21 biikeys slimmy2005 Msnas zeezahbee horayce imperiouxx mystiqme GboyegaD and everyone else
boss
na batch B u dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2016
dicapino:
You guys are making me scared of going to the US. But on the other hand, you guys have to look at it from the perspective of an individual whose got nothing going for him/her here in Nigeria.

I don't want to seem maudlin, but I graduated in 2012 good result, finished service 2014. I got this job- an Indian job where I get a meager pay which I can't use to start anything. Okay now with the plummetting Nigerian economy I lost my job early this month.

I applied for jobs...good jobs...chevron and Co ....even smaller coys...no luck.....dragnet; workforce and the likes.

I know nothing is free dere. I was told no free lunch in Yankee yu pay for everything. But someone can't sit down here looking at the ceiling. Nothing is here presently. I am hoping education would open my way to a better life in the US.

Go ahead with your plans..my advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ahahnow: 12:18am On Mar 30, 2016
Please please please. I am in desperate need of funding. How have others done it? The school did nothing give me scholarship and the tuition... No amount of saving in my lifetime will cover that tuition. cry my brothers and sisters I beg give me ideas. Leave GA for now. I'm working on that. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 12:19am On Mar 30, 2016
Broder you need omerta.
Holudarey01:
people fit scare person for here o.
Anyway make I decision come first.
Anyhow e go be, we dey jand this fall.

Dickoflife, I hail una. Baba ibe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 30, 2016
sureb0y:

Lol, I bow to the guy. Technically, their system was designed for us to come there, study without working and go back to Naija after studies. The decision to enter street, make money, remain after school and try to live there permanently na our own and we must be prepared to endure whatever comes with it. I laughed when I saw language. Boys go enter Atlanta, after 6 months dem go dey speak like Yankee people una go dey laugh say dem dey form, na part of adaptation. I get one babe for cali. When she wants to talk to American friends, she go switch to American accent, when she call us for gidi... na pidgin straight. My point is: u have to understand their way of life and endure till u get it right. See boys dey complain when my dawgs for Yankee dey talk everyday as white girls dey enjoy the African mamba.
Let us that live here be the judge of that. Many pple come to Nigeria and are not truthful. They save all year round for only that two weeks they come around and show wealth. Similar to the way igbo pple go to their villages after one year of selling okrika in Lagos. Not that it is a bad thing but the reality is that America is a credit (debt) based economy. It is possible for you to spend 20 yrs here,work in a regular paying job and still return to Nigeria without any savings and only a foreign accent. And trust me after a while everyone wants to return home. But by then its always too late.Many people are afraid to come back home because of shame. Maybe early in ones career it's a good choice to come here to increase your horizon and opporrinities. All the pple you're talking abt are just forming 'guy' Very soon their eyes will clear. Later when they see their mates in Nigeria who are faring better than them, they will resort to saying it's only thru fraud pple make it in Nigeria which is a big lie and we all know it. Believe me, someone can make it even in Nigeria and live a comfortable life. And it's not even easier here in the U.S. I'd rather take a shot at succeeding in Nigeria thank you.

Is it not the same America you will pay 100 dollars per month on car insurance and then gas tax and other statutory bills. And if you fall sick and are admitted you will pay the debt for a year. Given all the bills you will have to keep up with that is why when people get here they start sending money home to build house to do this and do that. Money that is earned here has been designed to stay here. At the end of all your years it is my hope that all of us won't be that old black man pushing cart in the cold at Walmart living on food stamps and complaining how racist America is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 30, 2016
ahahnow:
Please please please. I am in desperate need of funding. How have others done it? The school did nothing give me scholarship and the tuition... No amount of saving in my lifetime will cover that tuition. cry my brothers and sisters I beg give me ideas. Leave GA for now. I'm working on that. Thanks
The easiest way to get funding is thru GA. Most schools that don't offer you a GA during admission may never do again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oganlalasokun: 12:30am On Mar 30, 2016
greetings
pls how much does ATM in america charge on every dollar today pls. does anyone use ATM today with naija mastercard pls
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 30, 2016
Lol funny post and just demonstrated "inferiority complex" by calling his country's passport useless.

Please no country's passport is useless. It depends on what you do for a living and how good at it you're. People tend to respect you more on what you have in the brain and how you turn around their organization.

Wole Soyinka is highly respected even with Nigerian passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 12:35am On Mar 30, 2016
MsNas:
@Topic:

Thanks for the motivation. So so on point...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 30, 2016
Sorry if my post seem to discourage anyone. It is just the facts. An advanced degree in U.S could open all sorts of doors. That is a fact. However I'm thinking abt the end game.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taryur3(m): 3:25am On Mar 30, 2016
hardeorlah:
Now let me tell my story. it all started like this. my uncle called me 2013 to start my application to a US university that he is ready to carry all d expenses. I Neva answered him but he keep pressing on me to start the processing.
well I started application to schools I got admission and my visa was approved last year. when I called this man he changed his mind DAT he is not ready to sponsor again that there is no money. Well with faith my parent gather the money dey had and the money I saved n I got to the state January 2016 with no instate waiver. But immediately i got to school I started going to financial aid office and I got scholarship. I also met a Nigeria who introduced me to an African professor n through that professor I got a graduate research assistant job which I will start next week. It has just been God. its not easy to survive in this country.
Food For you...And Happy You here.Which State Are you

cutconnec don't give up. keep on pressing God will see you through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 30, 2016
Wow! Lots of lessons for us still at the deciding stage.... Lots of discouraging posts and also plenty encouraging posts **Smiles*.. Thanks guys for all these exposures. I really appreciate God for leading me to this thread. Have learnt a lot since I joined...
What do you guys think about Germany, as an alternative to studying and living in America.? (let's not even mention Canada plscry.))... Considering the fact that most of their schools are tuition free(I know about the 8k pounds ishhh) and I heard they pay one of the highest wages... (all na hear say ooo, Never been there.)
Anyone ever been there or have relatives who do, who can actually give us first hand info, let's compare and contrast, afterall we are all here to be informed so we can make wise decisions. Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 4:06am On Mar 30, 2016
You sir are a wise man.

sureb0y:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! another I regret coming to yankee/there's nothing here/it is easier to make it in Nigeria post. I wonder the Nigeria you're talking about o. For every bad thing you can say about what you're experiencing there in Yankee, I can say 4 things about the madness here in Nigeria. The same Nigeria where stupid people praise the leaders for doing the most basic thing they're supposed to do? You vote someone into office and you start thinking they're gods for doing their jobs? Ambode won't let us hear word because of streetlights in Lagos. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a bad thing, my point is the standard here in Nigeria is sooo low that we celebrate stupid things like that. streetlight? really? you'll see people celebrating 48 hours of uninterrupted power supply, new cars for the Police, etc. it's comical.

The same Nigeria where you can't trust the police to protect you? You have your rights violated effortlessly. Nigeria where a man can chase a woman out of his house after 20 years of marriage with nothing just because he's tired of the marriage? the same woman he forced to become a housewife o. The law in Nigeria is a joke. There was a law recently that the policemen should stop checking people's phones on the road. loool... make Naija policeman ask you to bring your phone make you do like mad person, you don ready to follow them go station and sleep for cell be that after you don chop countless slaps. Them fit set you up sef. I don tire sef to dey think of the stupid things wey dey naija. you even complained about weather, looooool call your people for Lagos and ask them how dem survive this easter period. No light, no fuel for gen, the heat sef na die. you come dey there dey complain of weather. when if e dey too hot, you fit on fan or ac anytime or if e dey too cold, you fit wear winter clothes or turn heater on (at a large cost, I know). Ogbeni!!! no make boys vex for you o. you even get funding to study abroad with your family supporting you with money. you come dey here dey complain. lool

"I am coming to Nigeria after my degree and don't ask me why"... okay o, I want to assume there's a 400k-a-month job already waiting for you without interview. It's your decision. Forgive me but in my opinion, most of the things you have complained about are very very basic... things you should overlook!!! Racism? weather? culture shock? food? lmao... Bro, abeg... there's something they call adaptation. They speak English in yankee, it's just your accent, with time... you'll improve and it's gonna get better. There are worse things to complain about Sir, these ones are just disappointing. Drive your 2002 Honda accord, Jam oyinbo man for Lekki wey dey drive G-Wagon make policeman dey there, you go see as Naija policemen go treat you like trash. They'd treat you in your own country like a slave and treat the foreigners like gods. so which racism you dey complain about? Loneliness? you are complaining about loneliness? loooool... smh.

Young boys in their 20's driving expensive cars and leaving you to wonder how they're doing it is called sleeping on a bicycle. it is everywhere. "Even when you probe them for more answers they are unwilling to let you know what they actually do for a living". so they should tell you because you're an FBI agent? lol... shine your eyes bro. You don't even know what they're doing but you're convinced it's something shady. na wa o. If them tell u now, you go say u no fit do am, you go cast them say e.g. Bolaji wey dey Texas, na him mama mate him dey marry and na because of money him marry the woman.

hopefully in 5-7 years time I must have saved up a lot and head back to Nigeria to start a business and start a new life. lmao... Bro, This statement is even contradictory, 1. for you to believe you MUST HAVE saved a lot in 7 years, it means you're expecting to make money in 7 years, and this in turn means bad as e bad, you still think it is possible to make a lot of money in Yankee despite as u dey complain. so make una no dey come up with these kind arguments like say na die. 2. you want to come and establish a business in Naija with your life savings? omo... bros, is this Nigeria you're talking about the same one in west Africa? I don't know you o, but this idea of "start a business in Nigeria", you better think am well. It comes with no guarantees.

Only a fool thinks the American dream is to enter Yankee and magically become a millionaire and start sending money down to your home country (I'm not calling you a fool o, don't get me wrong. I mean anyone who's expecting paradise as the American dream is on a long thing). A sensible person sees the dream as an opportunity to have a better life, a better standard of living. That's what it is, an opportunity. It comes with no guarantees. Don't put yourself under pressure to succeed at so so and so age, don't use the success of others as a yardstick to judge urs and condemn yourself. Do your own and learn how to make yourself happy without these materialistic things. Some people will watch Davido videos and how he spends money and be sad for weeks, asking God why they can't enjoy similar things.

Give yourself time, a lot of it. Learn to adapt and overlook many things. Don't lose the ginger after just a few obstacles. There are ups and downs everywhere. Roll with people who have been successful with the american dream and learn from them. Unless it's in the extreme form abeg make we hear word about this racism nonsense. I can call you a monkey, you would laugh. if white man call u monkey, you go vex say na racism. Bros if you get like 9 inches down there, enter gym... get six packs, powerful arms, better chest. drink agbo wella make you get better spinal cord. see as girls go dey chase you up and down. Overlook the negatives and focus on the positives. In this life, you make your own luck.

In summary and conclusion: No be everybody go make am for yankee, and no be everybody go make am for Naija. People can complain and complain over very basic things. some will complain over taxes like the electricity, roads, etc were provided by the greek gods. No be money dem use construct and maintain those things? Keep your expectations low so you won't get disappointed. The world isn't perfect. There's hardship everywhere, don't lose the ginger. Enjoy your life while you have it. Instead of complaining, ask people as e dey go and don't sleep on a bicycle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 4:16am On Mar 30, 2016
That is not true. Not saying everyone will make it in America, but I know a lot of Nigerians in good jobs living good lives.

I guess it depends on your definition of making it. If you define making it by hitting billions, then Nigeria is a better choice for you though there is a higher probability you will not make it there. For those who are looking to make it the proper old fashioned way of working your way to success as opposed to overnight unexplainable wealth, then many of them make it in America.

It is not easy, it will take hard work, preservation and determination but like for like you have better chances of making it legally in the US than Nigeria.

Also don't forget you are new in the system so it will take time to adapt and get into the system proper, and it is harder when you don't have a support system around you like you did in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong with going back to Nigeria if you believe that is where you will be happy or achieve your dreams, but stop generalizing and making statements that no one makes it in America to justify your decision. People will make it in America same as Nigeria, and there will be those who will not make in America same as Nigeria.

LUCAS99:

Easier said than done. Hopefully when you arrive you will understand how the system is structured. From my observation only a very few people make it. Many more end up with just maybe a greencard and a United states passport to boast of after spending 10 years to 20 years abroad and only live paycheck to paycheck and are even ashamed to go back home.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 4:41am On Mar 30, 2016
dicapino:
You guys are making me scared of going to the US. But on the other hand, you guys have to look at it from the perspective of an individual whose got nothing going for him/her here in Nigeria.

I don't want to seem maudlin, but I graduated in 2012 good result, finished service 2014. I got this job- an Indian job where I get a meager pay which I can't use to start anything. Okay now with the plummetting Nigerian economy I lost my job early this month.

I applied for jobs...good jobs...chevron and Co ....even smaller coys...no luck.....dragnet; workforce and the likes.

I know nothing is free dere. I was told no free lunch in Yankee yu pay for everything. But someone can't sit down here looking at the ceiling. Nothing is here presently. I am hoping education would open my way to a better life in the US.

Of course, your life can be better here if you sit down and read, unassuming and smart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LUCAS99: 4:45am On Mar 30, 2016
ttmacoy:
That is not true. Not saying everyone will make it in America, but I know a lot of Nigerians in good jobs living good lives.

I guess it depends on your definition of making it. If you define making it by hitting billions, then Nigeria is a better choice for you though there is a higher probability you will not make it there. For those who are looking to make it the proper old fashioned way of working your way to success as opposed to overnight unexplainable wealth, then many of them make it in America.

It is not easy, it will take hard work, preservation and determination but like for like you have better chances of making it legally in the US than Nigeria.

Also don't forget you are new in the system so it will take time to adapt and get into the system proper, and it is harder when you don't have a support system around you like you did in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong with going back to Nigeria if you believe that is where you will be happy or achieve your dreams, but stop generalizing and making statements that no one makes it in America to justify your decision. People will make it in America same as Nigeria, and there will be those who will not make in America same as Nigeria.

Did you read my earlier post about my definition of "making it"? this is what I said earlier:

My definition of "Making it" most likely will be different from your definition of make it. Having maybe $5000-$10000 saved up incase of emergence, maybe 2-3 fairly used cars and maybe a home if you can afford one. The reality on ground is that most people live paycheck to paycheck and barely have savings.I might be a lot bit straightforward but that's the truth based on my encounters and observation.

You said is all about "information and strategy". What kind of "information and strategy" are you talking about if I may ask. Can you state the "information and strategy" so that everyone of us can benefit from it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LUCAS99: 5:05am On Mar 30, 2016
ttmacoy:

I quite sure you did not even read my post. I never said no one makes it America. I said that the small number of people that eventually make it is negligible compared to the large number of people who eventually get stuck in the system.

Like I said earlier and I stand to be corrected If you are looking for a better standard of living then America is the best place for you. But if your aim is to “hustle” and “hit it big” then I don’t think here is the best place for you.

My post is not aimed to discouraged anybody from migrating to America but to paint the reality on ground. A lot of people tend to live in denial but regardless If you still desire to come to America you are more than welcome.

This will be my last post on this topic. I don't want to appear as if I am derailing this thread. Please let move on and continue with the purpose of thread which is to celebrate visa approvals and encourage other people intending on migrating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by angel34real(f): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2016
bbdd:
OK clearly a lot of people need information about this funding thing.

Funding for grad school usually comes in form doing something for the program teaching, research, misc. In exchange for a tuition waiver or tuition waiver and stipend which varies depending on availability.

The first thing anyone looking for these has to keep in mind is that, NOTHING IS GUARANTEED . It is not your right to be funded. I've seen so many uptight posts talking about how wonderful their profile

was and they were not funded. Full Funding is not a right and it's not as common as you think. A few of us have been fortunate to get good deals but it's still what it is, a very lucky few.

Also, funding DEPENDS ON AVAILABILITY . I know someone who got funding, came here and his department got broke and he's back in naija now looking for jobs. He was funded for a year and then his department told him they can't afford him anymore. It's not a guarantee even if you get it in year one. We're international students. The only reason we're getting assistantships in the first place is because a lot of Americans don't apply to grad school and these programs have to run and do research. That costs money and it is not guaranteed that you'll get funding throughout your stay in grad school..

Also, you need to be smart to even get talking about funding. You can't present sub par gre, toefl, GPA and talk about funding. Would you invest in a sub par candidate if you wanted to recruit for your company?

Geography matters! If you want to follow people that want to live in California. You can, but be wise. You are from Nigeria, our economy is bad. Go to a cheap state with a low profile, go to school, get your degree and figure out the next step. Looking for schools in expensive places makes the search for funding all the more difficult.

Choose your field wisely, IT, health and pharma are the big areas in the US. You need to be in stem field to get a better chance of even jobs. It's not just about school. The arts and social sciences are not hot. You may have to change fields. Even pure sciences like physics, chemistry have dour career prospects when compared to computer science, engineering, pharmaceuticals, nursing, medicine.
Choosing your field wisely will help a lot.

Once again, I have to reiterate that nothing is guaranteed. Pray to God for favor and do your best in your standardized test. Consult others for help with SOPs, rec letters etc. CHOOSE YOUR SCHOOLS WISELY
Hopefully this post helps someone.

What about Geology Major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 6:13am On Mar 30, 2016
Madam, don't be discouraged.Am a mining engineering graduate student and couple of guys are getting employed despite how bad the economy is..Ojap is a geologist and he got a job too..just hope for the best.Good luck
angel34real:

What about Geology Major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 30, 2016
Adazlolly:
Wow! Lots of lessons for us still at the deciding stage.... Lots of discouraging posts and also plenty encouraging posts **Smiles*.. Thanks guys for all these exposures. I really appreciate God for leading me to this thread. Have learnt a lot since I joined...
What do you guys think about Germany, as an alternative to studying and living in America.? (let's not even mention Canada plscry.))... Considering the fact that most of their schools are tuition free(I know about the 8k pounds ishhh) and I heard they pay one of the highest wages... (all na hear say ooo, Never been there.)
Anyone ever been there or have relatives who do, who can actually give us first hand info, let's compare and contrast, afterall we are all here to be informed so we can make wise decisions. Thank you all.
Europe is much tougher. To get a good job in Deutschland, you have to be pretty good at German and pass the proficiency test. Also, the Germans are strict but the food, wine and transportation are very nice.

But the US would be a lot better for you if you're kind of low on money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2016
Hello house I need your advice , most of the school my sis is applying to doesn't need the SAT Essay , so am thinking of not including it in her SAT registration, What do u think, is the Essay really compulsory since she did not need it?. Waiting patiently for a reply . Thanks JAH BLESS u all on this forum , u have really be of good help .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by whizfem(m): 6:52am On Mar 30, 2016
stoicism:

Did u not read a guys post saying going to the USA for studies is a battle field ?

Loooool...
This got me Rotfl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 30, 2016
LUCAS99:

This will be my last post on this topic. I don't want to appear as if I am derailing this thread. Please let move on and continue with the purpose of thread which is to celebrate visa approvals and encourage other people intending on migrating.

Haha bros abeg we aren't intending to migrate o. We are intending to study.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.