Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784620 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
princeade09:
Greetings to everyone in the house, wishing us all good luck galore in our applications.

I got denied the second time for Canada visa about two weeks ago and now I want to try and register to a university in USA but from the requirement, I could see something like i-20 in which they require my sponsor's statement of account in order to weigh his financial capacity, what I really don't understand d is that, am I to send my transcript together with sponsor's SOA or that step is taken after acceptance?

once you are admitted, you are ask to show evidence of financial capability of one year before you are sent I-20. You need I-20 to apply for visa at the US embassy.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by princeade09: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Mayflowa:

once you are admitted, you are ask to show evidence of financial capability of one year before you are sent I-20. You need I-20 to apply for visa at the US embassy.

Thank you very much for your reply, if I understand well, you mean I should forward my transcript then when I am been notified fir admission then I would be asked the SOA right?. Thanx so much I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
princeade09:

Thank you very much for your reply, if I understand well, you mean I should forward my transcript then when I am been notified fir admission then I would be asked the SOA right?. Thanx so much I really appreciate

Read my reply. Thanks my advice.
Some schls need it during admission.
Just mail the grad coord to find out.
Shikena

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by erictack203(m): 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
No one is responding to my inquiries! sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
That's life my brother
erictack203:
No one is responding to my inquiries! sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aadeyi: 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
princeade09:

My small advise is try and get like 2 to 3 copies of your sponsors SOA, send one with your application documents, keep the other 2. Incase when u r asked for it again after been given admission, Send them one and keep the other one for your interview.

Why I asked you to send one with your application is in order for you to save cost of sending docs. Cos some sch will just make use of it right away while some will ask you to send later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pappyyanky: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2016
pappyyanky:
Hello house am facing difficulties paying for the SAT fee online with my master card and paypal, wat can i do to retify the problem or what other way can i make the payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Please can one pay Sevis fee via debit card. And how long does it usually take before getting receipt ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by erictack203(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Nawa o, being stingy with infos is not it o, what is this thread for then? No one know it all, we all learn everyday. I helped ppl a lot in th OZ thread, and I have been denied Visa twice to Australia, that's y I want concrete infos abt the States.

Like I said, no 1 knows it all, everyone benefits from information shared. So make una answer my questions Biko!

dickoflife:
That's life my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2016
erictack203:
Nawa o, being stingy with infos is not it o, what is this thread for then? No one know it all, we all learn everyday. I helped ppl a lot in th OZ thread, and I have been denied Visa twice to Australia, that's y I want concrete infos abt the States.
Like I said, no 1 knows it all, everyone benefits from information shared. So make una answer my questions Biko!

Instead of whining at other people you can do something to help yourself! ! ! shocked shocked shocked

There are over 300 pages full of information on this thread that you can read and learn from.
Then there are another 7 closed threads with over 500 pages.
When you have made an attempt to help yourself then come back if you have detailed questions.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2016
Hello! I got an invitation to my brothers convocation ceremony on May 6, but am very scared i wont make the date because of the interview appointment date so i am getting scared to pay the visa fees because it's non refundable,please i'd like to know if it's possible to get interview appointment date this month and if there is something special i can do to get it this month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
erictack203:

The best way not to get information is by asking questions without any courtesy.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
sirRiddy:

Yeah. True. Hope you enjoyed your spring break?

Dude who are you putting as sponsor on your ds160? Your school right?

cc: bbdd (abeg who did you put as your sponsor)

Edit: done some findings. I believe your sponsor on I-20 should tally with sponsor on DS160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fortissimo:

Dude who are you putting as sponsor on your ds160? Your school right?

cc: bbdd (abeg who did you put as your sponsor)

Edit: done some findings. I believe your sponsor on I-20 should tally with sponsor on DS160
Yeah. I put the name of my school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cutemorgan(m): 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
@SirRiddy @Fortissimo Abeg make una check una dm/pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
cutemorgan:
@SirRiddy @Fortissimo Abeg make una check una dm/pm

I never see any pm o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
sirRiddy:

Ok thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
Goodday house, pls I would like to know how long it takes to receive an admission decision from a school , I intend applying for my msc for the spring semester.
I heard it's always a month after application dealine, but im not sure about it since most schools have very late application deadlines i.e October to November for spring admission. Does this mean if I apply now for my msc for spring 2017(the program starts in january) i would have to wait till november before I get an admission decision.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Chemical2 would you be willing to offer me some advice? Stumbled on your posts and there's an uncanny resemblance in my desired path to yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please, I have a brother looking for schools he can upload his documents online for undergraduate program. One that do not require sat/toefl. He intends writing the two else I wouldn't have even offered help.

Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
KELVIN086:
Goodday house, pls I would like to know how long it takes to receive an admission decision from a school , I intend applying for my msc for the spring semester.
I heard it's always a month after application dealine, but im not sure about it since most schools have very late application deadlines i.e October to November for spring admission. Does this mean if I apply now for my msc for spring 2017(the program starts in january) i would have to wait till november before I get an admission decision.
you have to start applying now. Search for schools and shoot them emails for their admission deadlines
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Chemical2(m): 2:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fortissimo:
Chemical2 would you be willing to offer me some advice? Stumbled on your posts and there's an uncanny resemblance in my desired path to yours.

Hi, feel free to ask me any question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:
Please can one pay Sevis fee via debit card. And how long does it usually take before getting receipt ?
you can't pay sevis fee with debit/credit card. Your best bet is to either go to seme border or get someone in US or Canada to help you out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:
No you can't pay via debit card, western union quick pay or US bank check..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=pappyyanky post=44358171][/quote] I don't think you can register for SAT yourself. I stand to be corrected though

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
sofadj:
you are actually spamming the thread with question that has been answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
slimmy2005:
you have to start applying now. Search for schools and shoot them emails for their admission deadlines
Thank you for ur response but u didn't get my question well.
My question is when do schools give out admission decisions , is it always after the application deadline or few weeks/months afer application.
Most schools I've checked have an application deadline of October to September for spring entry. So my question is if I apply now when do I receive an admission decision so I can start processing my visa early and not till november. Is it always a month after deadline that someone gets his admission decision or some 1 to 2months after application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
slimmy2005:
you can't pay sevis fee with debit/credit card. Your best bet is to either go to seme border or get someone in US or Canada to help you out

Thanks
don4ye:

No you can't pay via debit card, western union quick pay or US bank check..
]

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
KELVIN086:

My question is when do schools give out admission decisions , is it always after the application deadline or few weeks/months afer application.
Most schools I've checked have an application deadline of October to September for spring entry. So my question is if I apply now when do I receive an admission decision so I can start processing my visa early and not till november. Is it always a month after deadline that someone gets his admission decision or some 1 to 2months after application.

It can be very unpredictable. You'll need to confirm from the individual departments you are applying to. Even at that, their timelines are rarely fixed. But on average, fall applicants usually have all their decisions before May. Not sure about spring though I think it should be quicker as there are less applicants. Again, it varies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
KELVIN086:

Generally, it's after application deadline then your credentials will be evaluated and filed to be sent to department for decision. So it's dependent on schools. You should get decision 6-3 months before resumption for spring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
sirRiddy:

That's correct. If you're fully funded it should be your school.
I also put my university

Be very careful when filling your ds160 and remember everything you put there. Cc Fortissimo

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.