Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (807151 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by damine: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
MsNas:
@Topic:

Thank you for sharing MsNas, I would like to know how to do the full time work, full time academics thingy while on an F1 visa. I have an IT (software) background so I actually have marketable skills. I see the job listings with many positions I am qualified for but I don't know how to proceed because of school and USCIS regulations. Care to offer some tips?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
bbdd, abeg I wan follow you talk. Sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
I my former posts my pin is available. Avail yourself of it.
erictack203:
Nawa o, being stingy with infos is not it o, what is this thread for then? No one know it all, we all learn everyday. I helped ppl a lot in th OZ thread, and I have been denied Visa twice to Australia, that's y I want concrete infos abt the States.

Like I said, no 1 knows it all, everyone benefits from information shared. So make una answer my questions Biko!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by KELVIN086: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fortissimo:

It can be very unpredictable. You'll need to confirm from the individual departments you are applying to. Even at that, their timelines are rarely fixed. But on average, fall applicants usually have all their decisions before May. Not sure about spring though I think it should be quicker as there are less applicants. Again, it varies.
slimmy2005:
Generally, it's after application deadline then your credentials will be evaluated and filed to be sent to department for decision. So it's dependent on schools. You should get decision 6-3 months before resumption for spring.
OK thanks , it's like i'll just email the schools.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
ChecK: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, University of Central Missouri, West Texas A&M, Cleveland state Uni. Bless
slimmy2005:
Please, I have a brother looking for schools he can upload his documents online for undergraduate program. One that do not require sat/toefl. He intends writing the two else I wouldn't have even offered help.

Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Can anyone please tell me about the 120days law please guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
There is nothing special to do to get a special date. Dont use agents cuz they will sell lies to you and you end up paying for what you can do yourself. If you have your passport, pay the visa fee & fill the necessary docs then book a date!. I also got my visa to attend my sis convo, it was pretty much sweatless. So start now, from now till May 6, there is still time. the only tin that might be abit expensive is flight fee (if you are given visa) cuz your travel time will be much nearer! Bless..
anjigirl:
Hello! I got an invitation to my brothers convocation ceremony on May 6, but am very scared i wont make the date because of the interview appointment date so i am getting scared to pay the visa fees because it's non refundable,please i'd like to know if it's possible to get interview appointment date this month and if there is something special i can do to get it this month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
brightify:
Can anyone please tell me about the 120days law please guys

It means you can apply for your visa within 120 days to d date of your resumption. Example if your school is resuming August 23rd count 120 days backward that means you can apply from April 25. Cleared?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brightify: 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
don4ye:

It means you can apply for your visa within 120 days to d date of your resumption. Example if your school is resuming August 23rd count 120 days backward that means you can apply from April 25. Cleared?
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Gokoyer0(m): 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
A big thank you to rhemmie91, Holudarey01, imperiouxx and OjaP. Really appreciate you guys for your response to my questions.
imperiouxx:

All as Holudarey01 advised. You don't have to claim married to get US visa. Don't forget that your single status can make your green card process hitch free when you decided to remain a permanent resident of US.

Also, all states are good for chemistry but be awared that in US, chemistry is a mother name for many fields related to chemistry. What I'm saying is that don't end up in a school that offers chemistry - physical chemistry whereas you like to study chemistry - medicinal chemistry.

I studied chemistry - biochemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by erictack203(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks boss.

dickoflife:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by erictack203(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
I have added you. You will see a request from the Lannister!

dickoflife:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
olafey2:
Please oooo, is there anyone in nigeria coming to the us this week.
Plssss help ooo, I need a document to arrive by weekend and am willing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance

i have a friend going to virginia this week, dont know the proximity to ur present location.send a PM if u want me to discuss this with him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 04, 2016
bc2015:
hello guys, pls I need help finding a uni with a cheap masters in public health prog. fenks
help pls... anybody? everybody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2016
bc2015:

help pls... anybody? everybody?

I think mekurexx is into public health. But him na big boy so dunno if he can advise you on "cheap" schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2016
Good morning good people. Happy new week to you all in Jesus name
Please I will be going to seme this week to pay for my sevis fee, is there anything I need to know? Like what currency would I be paying the money? And would I be having any issue at the customs?
Please guys, your response is really needed. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by roblance: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2016
morning guys, pls is this compulsory

Verification that the student's grade point average is at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is needed. Verification must be certified by a professional credential evaluation service. Applicants may select any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member to provide this service. (See NACES web site, www.naces.org, for a list of NACES members.) A Credential Evaluation must be a course-by-course analysis of the official transcript(s). This is the only acceptable reporting format.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 04, 2016
roblance:
morning guys, pls is this compulsory

Verification that the student's grade point average is at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is needed. Verification must be certified by a professional credential evaluation service. Applicants may select any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member to provide this service. (See NACES web site, www.naces.org, for a list of NACES members.) A Credential Evaluation must be a course-by-course analysis of the official transcript(s). This is the only acceptable reporting format.
Depends on the school.
So check the school website or mail the grad coord
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Holudarey01:

Depends on the school.
So check the school website or mail the grad coord

I'm almost sure he got it from a school's website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
Fortissimo:

I'm almost sure he got it from a school's website.
mehn evaluation is gonna cost some dough or he looks for other schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pls anyone here who could help with payment of SEVIS fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
sofadj:
Pls anyone here who could help with payment of SEVIS fee?
if you can send western union of the amount. I can help you make payment from here. You'll need to fill out the coupon at www.fmjfee.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pls house ds 160 not accepting my photo what can I do ? Urgently pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 3:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
Saying image may be out of focus? Can I proceed without photo and take one along when going for my interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
don4ye:
Saying image may be out of focus? Can I proceed without photo and take one along when going for my interview?
go and resize the passport to the right dimension. Calm down and fill your DS160, don't rush it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
slimmy2005:
go and resize the passport to the right dimension. Calm down and fill your DS160, don't rush it.

Thanks e brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
Tell me people how do we pay this sevis fee at seme? What's needed? And how many minutes does it take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bobority: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hello everyone... I got partial funding from my school. how do i indicate my sponsor on d i20? d school or parent

my second question is that assuming your entire school fee is indicated as... for example ooo

Tuition fee:16, 000
living expenses; 15, 000
Funds from school: 11, 000

how much will one pay in total if i don't intend to stay in d accommodation provided by d school (does it mean d total fee I will pay is 6000)

replies will b appreciated... Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Holudarey01:

mehn evaluation is gonna cost some dough or he looks for other schools
You can use IERF. They are good. They charge $165 and they actually don't write back to your undergraduate school. They evaluate ur transcripts under 10days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
fizzile:
You can use IERF. They are good. They charge $165 and they actually don't write back to your undergraduate school. They evaluate ur transcripts under 10days
Hey bro,why the Emphasis on " they actually don't write back to your undergraduate school"... Just be mindful so people won't exploit such for their sinister motive...The US has over the decades built Institutions that allows for checks and balances...Just so u know..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
grin grin We are all ''big boys'' by His Mercy! Happy new month!
Fortissimo:

But him na big boy so dunno if he can advise you on "cheap" schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
profojah2:

Lol.. grin grin..But my voice no thick na bros..

Paulbets.. Howfa bros, Been a while I heard from you.
Bayocanny. I dey watch your steps like crouching tiger. I no go talk sha.
Fizzile.. No vex bro, Your boy was so tired that day. Hope to hear from you soon!..
Tipssy1.. Where are thou boss?.

Wish everyone here A Happy Easter.. May all your prayers be answered..And all those seeking fundings, OYA RECEIVE IT!!..
profojah 2 : Boss mi your head is so valid, your boy as been busy trying to make more money been a man no be play play things. You got to work to mk earns mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (401)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.