Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785265 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abnice2004: 5:46am On Apr 21, 2016
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by streetMic(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2016
Greetings house! Thanks to all the guys still out here helping people through. God will reward your good works. Hustle don nearly kill some of us lol but to God be the glory we are just 2 weeks away from the big day! Congrats to all my fall 2014 squad who are exing the college scene with me this May! Congrats to those coming in next fall! One sentence for you: You will come broke or not, and succeed if you work hard and focus!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by streetMic(m): 6:32am On Apr 21, 2016
lovarboy:
[color=#770077][/color]
great house... greetings to you all pls I need your advise and suggestions on this... I applied for spring 2016 and I was denied visa the interview is as follows.
me: good morning ma
v.o good morning pass me ur doc
v.o what's ur name
me answered
v.o are you done with your high school?
me yes graduated 2007
vote since den wat have u bin doing
me. ve bin teaching and saving the money with my mom knowing fully well that America universities are expensive so she can also assist me
go how many schools did u apply for
me 3 schools
v.o why did u choose criminology?
me I could not give a sound reply
v.o am sorry we can not grant u visa now u can apply again... pls guru I beg u all in the name of God what good reply could I said so I cud be given visa cus i wanan apply for fall I don't wana mess up again

'Saving money with your mom' sounds like 'I have been planning to run away from this poor Nigeria' 2007 till now is a long time. Did you go to school for any sort of degree at all before now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 21, 2016
streetMic:
Greetings house! Thanks to all the guys still out here helping people through. God will reward your good works. Hustle don nearly kill some of us lol but to God be the glory we are just 2 weeks away from the big day! Congrats to all my fall 2014 squad who are exing the college scene with me this May! Congrats to those coming in next fall! One sentence for you: You will come broke or not, and succeed if you work hard and focus!
All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by streetMic(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2016
newstudenthere:
hello people, spring semester is running out and I have been looking for job so badly since the beginning. I just can't figure out why all the available jobs are FWS most of the time. I can't even gas up my car. I need heads up people.

2 things, Have you spent a full school year in the US? If yes, contact your immigration office and let them guide you through the CPT processes. The second suggestion is that you should consider looking for jobs in other cities for the summer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
gunther6:

I will comment in the morning currently down with a bout of fever.
sorry ooo ,try and take drugs .....I wish u imminent recovery.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by streetMic(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
slimmy2005:
All the best

Oshey G. I guess your prep for finals are going good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2016
slimmy2005:
You'll have to find where you'll be cooking your egusi soup, fry your plantain and all those your native soup. Check what the dorm entails cos you might have issues with this. Some dorms have only one central cooling system, meaning sometimes they might want the cooling which you wouldn't want.

It's cheaper, more convenient, less private , but good to study.
Thanks a lot slimmy. Lol...not having to eat native soup and all won't be a problem to me, I am willing to adjust. I also have an issue with the security situation of downtown Baltimore, I feel that staying on campus will very much reduce the risks. I'll make further findings on the apartment. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2016
masquellett:

Hello mam! I remember you! Did you get the GA you were processing?
Hi, I've got a couple of assurances, hope to set them in motion when I get there. Thanks for asking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2016
warriboy21:

Funding is very hard in my sch... And we don't have phd engineering... Try schools in Texas
Bro, is application still on for fall 2016? What is your tuition per semester for msc in engineering?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2016
slimmy2005:
Why not sit for GRE I can inbox you some schools that can give you funding if you have a good score.
Hi bro. Thanks and I sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by otubujohn(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2016
Good day nlanders. Pls I need help with schools in US where I can do my masters in Biochemistry. I expect to get funding. So please all the gurus here should help me with suggestions. I have a 2 2 and I'll take GRE by May. Pls I would really love to resume winter 2017 (January 2017). Pls help me. Biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by masquellett(m): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2016
purplesummer:

Hi, I've got a couple of assurances, hope to set them in motion when I get there. Thanks for asking.

Okay. Great! Goodluck dear.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2016
youngmoney416:
So whose statement of account and how much did you show before obtaining your 1-20. I don't know if is a must one must have up-to the school stated amount before 1-20 is issued

I showed about 3 statement of account to my school, including mine to add up to the stated amount before I could get my i20 infact it remained like $50 I still had to show a statement of account for it. So get as much statements as you have to send to your school at most 3/4 sha that sums up ur fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Femora002: 9:17am On Apr 21, 2016
streetMic:

Inspired. Thank you for the inspiration.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2016
don4ye:

Haba na... Why na ? Warriboy is very nice and you don't need to paint him like that na..

am also surprised....from the little i have observed...he's been very nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by onlyyouandty: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2016
You can join Stutern.com to know about opportunities like this.

bbdd:

Slimmy2005 delineated the steps well
In addition to that, where do you intend to write step 2? That can only be done in the US. Step 1 can be done in Ghana but the infrastructure there is challenging so it's better to do it in the US. More importantly, currently getting residency for foreign trained medical personnel is very difficult for reasons that would be too long to explain here; hence many get stranded by the cut-throat process but its certainly doable.

Many docs come to the US with this plan but change their mind due to the hassles because in Nigeria we do MB:BS while here it is an MD. Coupled with the fact that they trust their own US trained doctors more- which is totally understandable. Nursing doesn't have this challenge because they use a tiered system and have a lot of informal caregivers and nursing homes for geriatric patients they just need hands to train.

Anyway, as a safety net, apply to MPH or global health programs just so you can have something to fall back on in case residency doesn't work out. Then you can look for the apps online to help you with the AOCs.

Considering you're a house officer now, depending on whether you want to do NYSC or not, I would say focus more on an MPH/global health degree, do part 1, when you get here you can then do part 2. You can also look at clinical research programs after your mph. I know a couple of guys doing clinical research and they're excelling. You have options so just take your time and decide what you want.
Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by onlyyouandty: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2016
You can join Stutern.com to know about opportunities like this.

slimmy2005:
The process is a little confusing and I really don't know where to start. First, what is your budget like? The three route I can outline for you are:

1. Apply to Kaplan and be prepared to attend classes and live lectures- this should cost you about $9,000 for 10months study plan. This includes admission and sevis fee.

2. Write GRE and apply for Masters program. And look for a way to create a study plan for yourself or write your USMLE exams during your semester break or after masters, you can use your opt time to write the exams.

3. You can apply for Masters, switch to a language school which would cost like $500 monthly or apply to a community college and take easy classes while you study for your USMLE.

If you have specific questions you would like to ask please do. It would make it easier to get a more direct response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by onlyyouandty: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2016
Join [url]Stutern.com[/url] to know about opportunities like this.

Buritto:
Hi bbdd

I've been a silent reader and I read a question about USMLE someone posted to you a few days ago.
I'm a medical doctor in Nigeria on internship/housejob currently. I would like to know the steps on how I can convert to practice in the US. I know I have to write USMLE but I need some pointers on how to do it considering my current situation as an intern.

Anyone else with info can also help out. Anticipating some answers....Thanks guys!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2016
warriboy21:

I don't even know.. I tried Google but ain't gvin me d link
google is directing me to Yelp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by unclev: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Hello fam...!!!

Filling form DS-160 and there's a question "where will you be staying in the US?"

I haven't soughted out my accommodation yet, I intend to do so when I arrive but the International student office say they can offer me a place for 7-10days which is enough time for me to look around & get an accommodation.

My question now is, can I fill in the school's address?

Also is there anyone on nairaland at UNT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2016
purplesummer:

Thanks a lot slimmy. Lol...not having to eat native soup and all won't be a problem to me, I am willing to adjust. I also have an issue with the security situation of downtown Baltimore, I feel that staying on campus will very much reduce the risks. I'll make further findings on the apartment. I appreciate.
If you can stay in the dorm that's totally fine. Renting an apt, paying deposit fee and background check, furnishing the apt etc will take a lot of time and money. Make more enquiry on the dorm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2016
unclev:
Hello fam...!!!

Filling form DS-160 and there's a question "where will you be staying in the US?"

I haven't soughted out my accommodation yet, I intend to do so when I arrive but the International student office say they can offer me a place for 7-10days which is enough time for me to look around & get an accommodation.

My question now is, can I fill in the school's address?

Also is there anyone on nairaland at UNT?
Use the school address on your I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2016
streetMic:

2 things, Have you spent a full school year in the US? If yes, contact your immigration office and let them guide you through the CPT processes. The second suggestion is that you should consider looking for jobs in other cities for the summer.
Are you allowed to work off campus for summer? Or just CPT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Good morning everybody!!!!

Nairaland has be a solution bank for both home and abroad.

That being said, i applied to one of the University in Czeck and this email was sent to me this morning.

Apparently, i'm not suppose to ask dis on this thread, but i choose to due to the fact that people hardly comments on Czeck thread

Good morning, thank you for sending the application to our Faculty of information technology. We really appreciated. The document you have send me ETS GRE doen´t show the level of your English. Our university require certificate where I can see the level of your English need to be C1 or a document showing that English was the teaching language at the your secondary/high school or university. Scanned English document can be send via email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
keyboardone:

That being said, i applied to one of the University in Czeck and this email was sent to me this morning.

Apparently, i'm not suppose to ask dis on this thread, but i choose to due to the fact that people hardly comments on Czeck thread

Good morning, thank you for sending the application to our Faculty of information technology. We really appreciated. The document you have send me ETS GRE doen´t show the level of your English. Our university require certificate where I can see the level of your English need to be C1 or a document showing that English was the teaching language at the your secondary/high school or university. Scanned English document can be send via email.
Apparently they need an English test score sheet like TOEFL or IELTS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
drOdu:

I showed about 3 statement of account to my school, including mine to add up to the stated amount before I could get my i20 infact it remained like $50 I still had to show a statement of account for it. So get as much statements as you have to send to your school at most 3/4 sha that sums up ur fees.

Pls assist a brother...
drOdu Congrats for your Visa. I'm personally still waiting to read through your interview transcript. I hope to learn one or two things from it. I know u will be very busy now considering that you are to report by May. Pls do well to drop it when u are a bit free.

To the general house, When answering questions from the VO, do I need to support them with documents or I should just answer and wait for the VO to request for such back up docs.... I've my I-20 already and sponsorship is partly scholarship and self sponsored. Can I still apply for GA? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by harkynon(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
HOUSE AND FELLOW TEAM... I SALUTE
Please, there is an issue which 3 different current studying student have been giving different opinions about.
THE ISSUE: visa granted since dec 2015 for MSC, but she could not go till now hoping to defer till spring 2017 (january)
QUESTION: Does she need to go back to VO for another visa upon the 2years validity of previous visa? Can she proceed to her school with an updated I20 with POE issue.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
otubujohn:
Good day nlanders. Pls I need help with schools in US where I
can do my masters in Biochemistry. I expect to get funding. So
please all the gurus here should help me with suggestions. I
have a 2 2 and I'll take GRE by May. Pls I would really love to
resume winter 2017 (January 2017). Pls help me. Biko

what's your cgpa?
why not wait till fall if you need funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
streetMic:

Oshey G. I guess your prep for finals are going good?
still got one more semester to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by otubujohn(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
Holudarey01:

what's your cgpa? why not wait till fall if you need funding?
My cgpa? it's 2 2. Greater or equal to 3.0 on a 5.0 scale
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
keyboardone:

Can't you send them waec scratch card to confirm this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.