Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784485 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:
Today, I received rejection letter from Vanderbilt University. Idi.ots. I pray that school burns to ashes. The adcomm will experience glass, pepper like sh.it for 365 days straight. Fools. Who wants to attend that nonsense school anyway. I will apply to Oxford University and I will be accepted. Can you imagine?

E no reach that level na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mystiqme: 3:56am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:
Today, I received rejection letter from Vanderbilt University. Idi.ots. I pray that school burns to ashes. The adcomm will experience glass, pepper like sh.it for 365 days straight. Fools. Who wants to attend that nonsense school anyway. I will apply to Oxford University and I will be accepted. Can you imagine?

Wrong attitude. You should realize there are probably over 200 schools in the USA offering your degree of interest. There is a reason Vanderbilt rejected you. Once you pinpoint the reason you should fix it and apply to others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:20am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:

This comment is pathetic..... you know?

Coming back to read comments like this from a student is sad. You're like a person who runs hard after an animal but couldn't catch it, then turn and said who even wants a smelling animal.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AgreatMan: 4:27am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:

Please don't send any derogatory message to the grad cord or adcomm, u don't want to put other Nigerian applicants in a bad light. If not for the sake of diversity, a Lotta African applicants won't break into those school. Vanderbilt is surely not a small school n don't be surprised that they could have a better program than Oxford. No 15 on usnews rankings n 13% acceptance rate.

N bros, d school can NEVER burn to ashes cos they have responsive fire fighters.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:46am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:
Couldn't stay away too long. You guys are still part of my NL family.

Visa approved today. Transcript within 24hrs.

Thanks to every single one of you guys for your help.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 22, 2016
Lol can't you guys tell that fart dude is just trying to pull our legs? You'll see similar "bitter" rejections comments on gradcafe.

I don't condone or support it o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 22, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!

Thanks boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Analytical master. Nanotech is the future!

Did you study biochemistry? Analytical chemistry might be off for you.

And do you mean materials chemistry and nanochemistry?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 22, 2016
imperiouxx:

Did you study biochemistry? Analytical chemistry might be off for you.

And do you mean materials chemistry and nanochemistry?

Yeah I studied biochemistry. I was hailing Holudarey01. He studied industrial chemistry and has interest in analytical and nanochemistry. You know we biochemists no fit go pass organic chemistry. That's what I'm going to study. Though I still have to do some courses in analytical and inorganic. But my primary area is organic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Yeah I studied biochemistry. I was hailing Holudarey01. He studied industrial chemistry and has interest in analytical and nanochemistry. You know we biochemists no fit go pass organic chemistry. That's what I'm going to study. Though I still have to do some courses in analytical and inorganic. But my primary area is organic.

Do you still want to do things related to biochemistry in the nearest future? It makes sense if an industrial chemist does instrumental and anatlyical chemistry etc. I did advanced analytical chemistry and advanced organic chemistry too. Analytical and the like makes no sense to me or to my future aspiration as a biochemist. So, I substituted instrumental and advanced physical chemistry with 2 biology courses + my load of biochemistry courses and got the degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 5:28am On Apr 22, 2016
AgreatMan:

Please don't send any derogatory message to the grad cord or adcomm, u don't want to put other Nigerian applicants in a bad light. If not for the sake of diversity, a Lotta African applicants won't break into those school. Vanderbilt is surely not a small school n don't be surprised that they could have a better program than Oxford. No 15 on usnews rankings n 13% acceptance rate.

N bros, d school can NEVER burn to ashes cos they have responsive fire fighters.

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 22, 2016
imperiouxx:

Do you still want to do things related to biochemistry in the nearest future? It makes sense if an industrial chemist does instrumental and anatlyical chemistry etc. I did advanced analytical chemistry and advanced organic chemistry too. Analytical and the like makes no sense to me or to my future aspiration as a biochemist. So, I substituted instrumental and advanced physical chemistry with 2 biology courses + my load of biochemistry courses and got the degree.

I plan to go into chemical biology. With research interest in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry / drug discovery. I won't lie to you, I'm still not exactly sure what I really want to do. That's why I felt doing a masters instead of a straight phd would be better so I can finetune my research interests.

I 'll probably take 1 or 2 biology courses from another department to give me more options.

You're in quality control right? That sounds like you'll be doing a bit of analytical on the job.

Trust you and your fam are doing great.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OTUNBACODED: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
is I possible for a student to get funding from another department?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Icebergtm: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo Thankyou very much I got ur reply from d oda thread concerning the SEVIS fee payment complain I dropped... My uncle over there in U.S has already taken care of that now am yet to book an appointment for nxtweek but I don't know which of d embassies is more preferable, Lagos or Abuja cos I heard they do grant student visa in Abj more than Lagos... Pls I need an advice here.... Someone shud pls advice me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2016
@halidaf, wot's ur email ID?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:
Lol can't you guys tell that fart dude is just trying to pull our legs? You'll see similar "bitter" rejections comments on gradcafe.

That gradcafe funny die.
You go see comments wey go make u laff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bolistic(f): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Gud day house. I will be interested in environmental chemistry aspect with fully funded in 2017 and I will be interested in writing GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drOdu(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2016
bartino:
I see a lot of folks asking about fundings. Well from what I know, it's not easy to get fundings from schools these days on your first year. What I will encourage is that you have some money to pay for your first year and begin to pursue fundings for the later part. I got admitted without fundings. I had money for barely a semester with hopes of living with the money I make from on campus jobs and working hard to get good grade which is not easy as it seems. But when I arrived, I took time to critically looked at the professors that have grants and research work on going. I then approached a prof told him that before I left Niger I have said is him I want to work with. I wind the guy wella he said okay can I give you a test. I said yes then he asked me few fundamental questions and I did alright. I just get ginger he said I see you have the zeal to study and learn and plain about your previous education. I didn't even ask him sir I need assistantship. I will fund you and this is what I am working on. Watin d guy dey do no even relate to mechanical na anatomical endovascular research I come say okay sir. He is a prof of mechanical engineering (fluids) and he has funded me from the start and he is still funding me so I ended up not even paying for the first semester. I blend in sharply and easily to the guys research and it was fun. That's my experience. Guys ask questions carefully select schools which is kinda hard and look at the professors. But first have the money for atleast one semester. I hope this helps. Thanks hailings to men.

Thanks bro...funding is critical cos without it most Nigerians won't even consider studying in the U.S. but it seems to me that most people that didn't have enough funds survived one way or the other somehow though it was difficult. This gives a lotta people hope that one way or the other dem go make am in "the ame"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Good day everyone, is it possible for someone with an olevel result in a commercial departmnt to study an undergrad degree in nursing in usa? no science subject in the result its all commercial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 11:33am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:
Dude! U got me rolling on the floor with this. U be clown. yeye boy!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

I wonder how others took his comment so seriously and didnt see the humour in it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:53am On Apr 22, 2016
fart:
Hhahahahaahhahahah....laf wan tear my boxers. Thats how i got a rejection from Cleveland State University, na so i wan die... Am still praying one out of the remaining three accepts me.. It can be so frustrating cos u go tink tire.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by suxes2005(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

I plan to go into chemical biology. With research interest in organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry / drug discovery. I won't lie to you, I'm still not exactly sure what I really want to do. That's why I felt doing a masters instead of a straight phd would be better so I can finetune my research interests.

I 'll probably take 1 or 2 biology courses from another department to give me more options.

You're in quality control right? That sounds like you'll be doing a bit of analytical on the job.

I sent you a PM, kindly reply.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
bolistic:
Gud day house. I will be interested in environmental chemistry aspect with fully funded in 2017 and I will be interested in writing GRE.

That's analytical chemistry. You will have to continue searching for schools that have profs who are doing research in environmental chemistry.... tedious but possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

Got into qc biomedic to fulfill terms of extension of opt when I was still on f1 status. Right now I'm one step away from my main purpose as a biochemist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zollar4life: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
My B1/B2 visa to attend Harvard medical school conference was approved Jan 2016 and I travelled March 3 ,returned March 12 after the conference . Now I intend going back for schooling currently got admission in Binghamton university New York to study MPA(currently with the i-20) though I actually want the dual degree (MPA/MS) but the coordinator for the nursing program asked me to mail her when all my documents get to cgfns for evaluation so that I can get the MS admission since NY license is required for the admission.
My Profile
lecture in the state school of Nursing for 4years and will be sponsored by the ministry of health of the state,holds Bachelor of Nursing science,Registered Nurse,registered midwife and Post graduate diploma in Education.

Questions
1) should I apply for F1 with the current i-20?
B) if yes,should I explain to the VO that I will still add MS program
2)will letter of sponsorship from the ministry of health suffice VO? Or I should go along with the SOA

I will appreciate the candid comment of the gurus in the house.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lovarboy: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
thanks =streetMic for your reply yes I had a national diploma in public administration but I have not collected my result. graduated 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
zollar4life:
Questions
1) should I apply for F1 with the current i-20?
B) if yes,should I explain to the VO that I will still add MS program
2)will letter of sponsorship from the ministry of health suffice VO? Or I should go along with the SOA

I will appreciate the candid comment of the gurus in the house.
Thanks

1) What's MPA. If the "M" stands for masters adding MS after makes no difference since only MPA is on your I-20.
3) Yes, the letter and your SOA as back up would be a great idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
hello peeps , please can I take a statement of account that is six months old to the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
OjaP:

If I were you, I would also look into Operations Research or Industrial Engineering.
Boss! Abeg I pm u.. Really need to talk to u.. Abeg respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
gunther6:

Come on now don't be disrespectful it is a labor of love
lol its a joke. Havnt u heard it? EEp stands for help but pronounced wrongly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
fizzile:
Hhahahahaahhahahah....laf wan tear my boxers. Thats how i got a rejection from Cleveland State University, na so i wan die... Am still praying one out of the remaining three accepts me.. It can be so frustrating cos u go tink tire.

The most annoying thing about rejection na even money wey u spend

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.