Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784561 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Good day everyone. i intend applyin for an f1 visa in usa. but an agent said 600k. but i feel thats so much since its something i can do myself just that i dnt knw the procedures. i heard if you send the required documnt and financial document, to the school, you'll be given the admission letter nd i-20 form so the form will be used to make your sevis fee, visa fee and every other required thing. please will 250k be enough for everything if i do it myself?, cause i dont think pay that amount to an agent.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tall2ce(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
dear nairalanders, I need assistance and in depth information on how to apply for Msc scholarships in Human Resources Management at any US University. Am a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management(second class upper division) with a cgpa of 3.71
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
Olacombs23:
Good day everyone. i intend applyin for an f1 visa in usa. but an agent said 600k. but i feel thats so much since its something i can do myself just that i dnt knw the procedures. i heard if you send the required documnt and financial document, to the school, you'll be given the admission letter nd i-20 form so the form will be used to make your sevis fee, visa fee and every other required thing. please will 250k be enough for everything if i do it myself?, cause i dont think pay that amount to an agent.
Thanks

Ewo.. Don't pay any damn to any agent o. You are the best agent yourself.. Less than 250k self you will get your visa.. Don't pay any damn o.. I am using my mother and father head to beg you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
don4ye:

Ewo.. Don't pay any damn to any agent o. You are the best agent yourself.. Less than 250k self you will get your visa.. Don't pay any damn o.. I am using my mother and father head to beg you
lool. ok bro thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jlakeside: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
keyboardone:
Good morning everybody!!!!

Nairaland has be a solution bank for both home and abroad.

That being said, i applied to one of the University in Czeck and this email was sent to me this morning.

Apparently, i'm not suppose to ask dis on this thread, but i choose to due to the fact that people hardly comments on Czeck thread

Good morning, thank you for sending the application to our Faculty of information technology. We really appreciated. The document you have send me ETS GRE doen´t show the level of your English. Our university require certificate where I can see the level of your English need to be C1 or a document showing that English was the teaching language at the your secondary/high school or university. Scanned English document can be send via email.
They really want you to show the level of your English proficiency, minimum of Lower Advanced C1.. The solution is its either you send them your TOEFL or IELTS OR get a letter from your school Head of Department that English was the teaching language used throughout your high school/university days..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Olacombs23:
Thanks

he he he
dollar don high. Don't pay o.
post your questions here, people will help u out. Would share my experience with two agents later. I'm sure people would learn from it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
Holudarey01:

he he he
dollar don high. Don't pay o.
post your questions here, people will help u out. Would share my experience with two agents later. I'm sure people would learn from it
i wont. i will try it myself.. not that these agents will guarantee u visa success sef.. abeg post your experience so we wld all learn from it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
burga:
Visa denied yesterday at u.s embassy (lagos)
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Vo-hope u listened to previous interviews.
Me-yes
Vo- so u know that one of the questions i ll b asking u, is y did u chose d specific school
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- becuz d school has a safe environment, tuition affordable, classroom small to enable better interaction btw tutor nd students.
Vo- so it seems u were interested in d safety, what's d crime nd murder rate in d sch state
Me- very low
Vo-you must ve rehearsedur ans in d mirror
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- no specific percentage but its very low,
Vo - dere ought to b, u cant chose a sch becuz of safety?
Vo- how did u know abt d sch?
Me-extensive research using usnews.com, Princetonreview.com. etc
Vo- in wch region of u.s is d state of ur sch located
Me- northern
Vo- whats d name of border d state of ur sch?
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Vo-did u writed English exam?
Me- yes
Vo- sorry ur visa cant b approved at this time blablabla
Pls gurus in d house what do u think about d vo nnd my ans? am suppose to resume jan, but.....
Why did you decide to go back to school? Or why did you decide to go back to school after so many years? If you could answer this question pretty well, then you're likely to defend yourself well in your next interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
Guitarlife:
Hi bro. Thanks and I sent you a pm.

kindly inbox me too d schools with full funding concerning my good scores in GRE. thanks slimmy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bolistic(f): 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Good day my people, I am a new follower in this forum. I have bsc holder in chemistry with 3.67/5 CGPA. I am looking forward to do graduate study in U S. I want the elders of this forum - Slimmy2005, Fortissimo, SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and others to guide me. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
bolistic:
Good day my people, I am a new follower in this forum. I have bsc holder in chemistry with 3.67/5 CGPA. I am looking forward to do graduate study in U S. I want the elders of this forum - Slimmy2005, Fortissimo, SirRiddy, Holudarey01 and others to guide me. Thanks.

he he he
me still dey learn o.
na slimmy2005 et al be oga
You have a good cgpa already. which aspect of chemistry are you interested in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
my advice to newbies please take pain and start reading from page 1, you'd get the whole gist. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
bolistic:
Are you interested in writing GRE? Which semester you looking at starting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bolistic(f): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
environmental chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
My Experience With Agents
I've always dreamt of schooling abroad right from my secondary school days. When I was in 200L, I grew frustrated about sch, so I decided to explore European schls( UK, Russia, Ukraine). Met an agent and he said I should register with his agency for 50k.. on top wetin? Not to talk of processing. I just gave up and concentrated on how to do my Msc abroad. When I heard of US and how generous their schools are with funding, I decided to give it a shot.
Met a boss ( an agent), he said aside GRE, I would pay him 150k/sch for processing. Tufiakwa! Me that my parent are teachers, where do I wanna see that amount from ontop processing? That's like #700k for 4 schls with GRE and TOEFL.
I decided to apply to China and Saudi; at least I would get scholarship. By chance or by miracle, I stumbled on this thread, the part 7. I read everything, and followed suit by reading other parts diligently. Then based on the exchange rate as that that time, I made a budget of 150k for GRE TOEFL and applications.
I even learnt that you could use NIPOST registered mail and you'd achieve a good and desirable result.
N.B I used it to send my transcript to ETSU for just #400, it used 7 working days.

To cut the long story short, I applied to 4 schools on my own, spent just about 150k. Sent one transcript, other schls accepted scanned copies.
Lemme stop here.

Agents would make money from you, make mistakes on your app etc. The best thing is to follow this thread.
People are always willing to help.
cc Olacombs23

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
bolistic:
environmental chemistry
you be my partner in crime.
my little cent
1) If you need funding, na fall sure pass o. Funding is limited during spring.
2) Write GRE and TOEFL and pass well. Don't be like me that struggled to get 300. There's a GRE thread. practice is the key.
3) Don't target top schls o. Look for good schools and always get a safe sch. I can help you with the names. I didn't know most of these schls wen I was applying.
4) Apply early. if possible by October ending. Apply to at least 4 schls. A lecturer told me I m a great prospect but their class is full so I was wait listed.
5) Always ask questions when you're not clear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
lobito007:

Bro, is application still on for fall 2016? What is your tuition per semester for msc in engineering?

Application is still on but we don't have msc engineering.. Our msc strength is mainly IT.... ICP and oda stem course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
My body don de scratch me again o. embarassed. Pls wats d remedy o.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
warriboy21:
Get an iron sponge and engine oil. Scrub three times daily. Side effects: daily bleeding, change of skin color and texture.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
So I contacted my school for a switch of major from Computer science to MIS. The Director of International Student Affairs replied me that she has switched it for me... Just like that, lol... A new admission letter and updated i-20 will be mailed to me.

Thanks. Slimmy2005 and DeeTus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Holudarey01:
I've always dreamt of schooling abroad right from my secondary school days. When I was in 200L, I grew frustrated about sch, so I decided to explore European schls( UK, Russia, Ukraine). Met an agent and he said I should register with his agency for 50k.. on top wetin? Not to talk of processing. I just gave up and concentrated on how to do my Msc abroad. When I heard of US and how generous their schools are with funding, I decided to give it a shot.
Met a boss ( an agent), he said aside GRE, I would pay him 150k/sch for processing. Tufiakwa! Me that my parent are teachers, where do I wanna see that amount from ontop processing? That's like #700k for 4 schls with GRE and TOEFL.
I decided to apply to China and Saudi; at least I would get scholarship. By chance or by miracle, I stumbled on this thread, the part 7. I read everything, and followed suit by reading other parts diligently. Then based on the exchange rate as that that time, I made a budget of 150k for GRE TOEFL and applications.
I even learnt that you could use NIPOST registered mail and you'd achieve a good and desirable result.
N.B I used it to send my transcript to ETSU for just #400, it used 7 working days.

To cut the long story short, I applied to 4 schools on my own, spent just about 150k. Sent one transcript, other schls accepted scanned copies.
Lemme stop here.

Agents would make money from you, make mistakes on your app etc. The best thing is to follow this thread.
cc Olacombs23
Thank bro. I'll be posting here whenever I need any help then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
pepe4reps:

2.34 is my CGPA

This your journey is going to be long and circuitous but it is doable and of course expensive. First you are going to send your transcript to an evaluation service, you might be lucky that your 2.34 might even be around 2.5 even if it is less no worries.
Secondly you are going to need to apply yourself on your GRE and TOEFL (you need to write both) while I respect the opinion of those telling you to get 330 I believe you do not need that kind of pressure just do the best you can.
Thirdly you search for schools that are not very selective(make no mistake even the most unrated state schools has the budget of all universities in Nigeria combined and are quite good) since you are going in for economics I suggest University of Missouri Kansas City, Pittsburgh state, they require 2.5 for admissions but with 2.3 you should be able to get in CONDITIONALLY but not to worry there are tens of people on this thread that travelled on conditional admissions.
Lastly commit everything into Gods hand and prepare yoy r mind to give it your best shot this time. From one underachieving economist to another wink see you at the top

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
warriboy21:
get palm oil and iru ( locust beans).
Rub the palm oil, eat the iru early momo.
If symptoms persist after 3 days, use the water wey dey Miami beach
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
MrMann1:
So I contacted my school for a switch of major from Computer science to MIS. The Director of International Student Affairs replied me that she has switched it for me... Just like that, lol... A new admission letter and updated i-20 will be mailed to me.

Thanks. Slimmy2005 and DeeTus
Great! Take care!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lakreame: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
Boss go like reason with you oo, any means of me calling you? I have been admitted to minot too, holla back pls
dannybrown19:

There is an international market where you can buy African foods or better still order online, as for financial aid, I don't think because they offer in-state tuition. Undergraduates tuition is 6390 USD while masters is around 7000 USD a year.
Housing is cheap, u can get a shared apartment for 370 to 400, utilities are like 40 a month
The beaver lodge in their website is 2086 for a semester.
Bro I go tell u the truth, the cold no be here, but they said this year own is not all that weird to compare last year. The most weird I have seen since I came is -9F.
But the place is pretty much good for study

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
pepe4reps:

kindly inbox me too d schools with full funding concerning my good scores in GRE. thanks slimmy

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but funding for you is next to impossible, focus on getting in and doing well in your first semester or year, then you can start thinking of funding... My 2 kobo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Holudarey01:
Met a boss ( an agent), he said aside GRE, I would pay him 150k/sch for processing. Tufiakwa! where do I wanna see that amount from ontop processing? That's like #700k for 4 schls with GRE and TOEFL.

Lemme stop here.

cc Olacombs23

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bartino: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello house, greetings to the men that matters. Anyone coming to South Dakota State University this Fall? Well more specifically to the graduate programme in the Mechanical engineering department? I can be of assistance, and possibly give you info on how to get considered for graduate assistantship. Thanks my hailing to Slimmy05, Amanze15 and Warriboy my real guy!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
gunther6:

This your journey is going to be long and circuitous but it is doable and of course expensive. First you are going to send your transcript to an evaluation service, you might be lucky that your 2.34 might even be around 2.5 even if it is less no worries.
Secondly you are going to need to apply yourself on your GRE and TOEFL (you need to write both) while I respect the opinion of those telling you to get 330 I believe you do not need that kind of pressure just do the best you can.
Thirdly you search for schools that are not very selective(make no mistake even the most unrated state schools has the budget of all universities in Nigeria combined and are quite good) since you are going in for economics I suggest University of Missouri Kansas City, Pittsburgh state, they require 2.5 for admissions but with 2.3 you should be able to get in CONDITIONALLY but not to worry there are tens of people on this thread that travelled on conditional admissions.
Lastly commit everything into Gods hand and prepare yoy r mind to give it your best shot this time. From one underachieving economist to another wink see you at the top
Thanks a lot I really appreciate you suggestion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kayzoner70(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello house, please is there anyone here that studies at southern Illinois university edwardsville, or who know someone there, I need to make contact before I resume for graduate school starting fall 2016. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
lakreame:
Boss go like reason with you oo, any means of me calling you? I have been admitted to minot too, holla back pls
Bro pls send me your whatsapp number, thats also the school I wanna apply for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sannibarclay23: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
hello everyone please have been to dubai and kenya , and i want to apply for US visa ? please what can i do and how can do it ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.