Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784935 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tanzii: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
@walspring & co, Men thanks guys for the tips, the questions centered on what you guys "tipped". A 30 minutes interview came down to 10 mins, the Prof over hear my phonetics, come dey ask me if i school for U.K with the mix of my nigerian and british accent, loolz, i politely said no, and told him i have been speaking this English since the age of three.
i swear the school don give me wahala taya. i have applied to 3 schools already and they all gave me admission, just looking at my documents... U of H, Tulane, New Orleans and University of tulsa, but this Oklahoma people dey worry.
hopefully, the Letter go come this week,
However the man noted something important which i wanna share with you guys, he said that 20 % of the students in their College of law over the years have been NIgerians. From his interaction with them, he has discovered that their spoken English is always good but when it comes to written English, they always struggle (Maybe due to time allotted in exams and tests etc.) This issue he noted translates to poor grades. (maybe the reason most schools insist on English Proficiency)
Maybe we guys going over there to study should watch our written English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
profojah:
Bayocanny..seen!.. You can remove it now..I'll call u tomoro
:- call me ontop bbm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bayocanny: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Dave3502:
cry cryHello nlanders..I really need your support..I need money for my SAT exam which is around 25k..I must really get this money so that I can take the test by November...And most of the schools i have in mind want all application for fall 2016 to by 1st of December....Thank you and God bless
Old format, pls try another one and don't forget to open a new account

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayocanny:
:- call me ontop bbm?
Ohh that's your pin?. Walahi, I dey think say na phone number, i thought you purposely ddnt wanna put 080, Na why I no quote you... Oya check your bbm, I've sent a request
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayocanny:

it's not any format at all...The otherone I posted nobody even bothered to comment on it exept for WALSPRING so I decided to repost another..If you know you can't be of help then don't bother commenting...Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by zeezahbee(f): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
Dave3502:

it's not any format at all...The otherone I posted nobody even bothered to comment on it exept for WALSPRING so I decided to repost another..If you know you can't be of help then don't bother commenting...Thank you
if you are asking for help to pay for SAT, how do you intend to survive in USA ?? just asking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
zeezahbee:
if you are asking for help to pay for SAT, how do you intend to survive in USA ?? just asking
I would definitely survive I gat friends and a member of my family resides there...The reason why am asking for this favour is that I don't want to ask my parents for the SAT registration fee..so that once I write the exam and I pass it that is when I can get all the funding that I need from them...I just want to write this exam secretly.That's just why I need you guys support nothing more..And me just 18 years....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
tanzii:
@walspring & co, Men thanks guys for the tips, the questions centered on what you guys "tipped". A 30 minutes interview came down to 10 mins, the Prof over hear my phonetics, come dey ask me if i school for U.K with the mix of my nigerian and british accent, loolz, i politely said no, and told him i have been speaking this English since the age of three.
i swear the school don give me wahala taya. i have applied to 3 schools already and they all gave me admission, just looking at my documents... U of H, Tulane, New Orleans and University of tulsa, but this Oklahoma people dey worry.
However the man noted something important which i wanna share with you guys, he said that 20 % of the students in their College of law over the years have been NIgerians. From his interaction with them, he has discovered that their spoken English is always good but when it comes to written English, they always struggle (Maybe due to time allotted in exams and tests etc.) This issue he noted translates to poor grades. (maybe the reason most schools insist on English Proficiency)
You know we Nigerians are mostly copy and paste which they regard here as academic theft (criminal offense). They love originality, not Nigeria where you have to write down every lecturers speech including his accent just to scale through.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Dave3502:

I would definitely survive I gat friends and a member of my family resides there...The reason why am asking for this favour is that I don't want to ask my parents for the SAT registration fee..so that once I write the exam and I pass it that is when I can get all the funding that I need from them...I just want to write this exam secretly.That's just why I need you guys support nothing more..And me just 18 years....
Mr. Man, go and work. This is not TEHN thread. We also need money here to survive. Calm your tip down and write jamb.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
zeezahbee:

do u stil get money orders fro kroger??
i tried swiping n de sed my gtb card is not reading as a debit card but a credit card....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
halidaf:
Omooo that long?? And am here thinking it won't take more than 4weeks max as stated in an email I got.. Nawa o
u c urself
u c tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
profojah:

Na God.. Atleast we don dey reduce that stuff to 2bottles now.. Its God

Hmmmmm

You sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
tanzii:

Let's give the thanks to God

#Teamspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayocanny:

Una no go kill me with laff lool

Thank God say nah laugh and not poison grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
happney65:

Na Omi Obo i dey collect.. grin grin

You posts nah virus and make e no corrupt this thread ooo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2015

Do you get any alert today? Because I already send the money to the bank account you sent to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayocanny:

You sabi the format Abi you don use am before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
zeezahbee:

Nice question, the same way he received help to pay for SAT if I am not wrong cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
slimmy05:
Mr. Man, go and work. This is not TEHN thread. We also need money here to survive. Calm your tip down and write jamb.

Laughing mode activated here cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:01am On Sep 29, 2015
slimmy05:
You know we Nigerians are mostly copy and paste which they regard here as academic theft (criminal offense). They love originality, not Nigeria where you have to write down every lecturers speech including his accent just to scale through.

You are right and it's because our lecturers want us to give it back to them verbatim if we want to have an A in the(ir) course cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:08am On Sep 29, 2015
[b][/b] Na waaoooo. Its like the forum has turned to a personal chat room instead of what it was intended for. I had posted somethings so u guys could help me but no one showed any form of interest. Plz help a friend. I have just finished a postgraduate programme and also have a 6.5 in ielts and intend running a masters programme in environmental science in minnesota state university. Plz I need some steps in actualizing this. Will really appreciate your kind and matured response. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 12:40am On Sep 29, 2015
Walspring:

You posts nah virus and make e no corrupt this thread ooo grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 1:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 3:32am On Sep 29, 2015
fizzile:
Na waaoooo. Its like the forum has turned to a personal chat room instead of what it was intended for. I had posted somethings so u guys could help me but no one showed any form of interest. Plz help a friend. I have just finished a postgraduate programme and also have a 6.5 in ielts and intend running a masters programme in environmental science in minnesota state university. Plz I need some steps in actualizing this. Will really appreciate your kind and matured response. Thanks.

You just came from no where and started criticizing the thread. undecided
That's not a way to get your questions answered. You're not paying anyone to answer your questions here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 4:35am On Sep 29, 2015
emperoracro:

Which other schools are you looking at, i need cheap schools for Computer Science Ug, i have a diploma in Computer Science
Your diploma does not matter at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2015
Walspring:

You are right and it's because our lecturers want us to give it back to them verbatim if we want to have an A in the(ir) course cheesy
Omo na our way sure pass oh, 70 na A for naija, for here 70 na C, and C no be grade at all 80 na B, 90 na A, and to get A no be beans oh. And truly, we Nigerians na our writing dey pull us down gan. Wetin we dey even learn for naija sef except from hustle chai.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:51am On Sep 29, 2015
bbdd:

You just came from no where and started criticizing the thread. undecided
That's not a way to get your questions answered. You're not paying anyone to answer your questions here.

Please if u don't understand what I wrote,u go back and read what I posted. Didn't u see where I said I had posted something? Have u scrolled up to see previous post? Omor,please I don't have time to make argurements with u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2015
belloluddy:
Pls , with someone who finished his masters in the US, can such person secure a job in the US with the masters and decides to stay there permanently as an escape route ?

The most qualified of graduates in very technical fields become eligible for the H1B visa class. A company has to petition for you under this visa class in order for you to stay. Otherwise, no.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:34am On Sep 29, 2015
coobboy:

Omo na our way sure pass oh, 70 na A for naija, for here 70 na C, and C no be grade at all 80 na B, 90 na A, and to get A no be beans oh. And truly, we Nigerians na our writing dey pull us down gan. Wetin we dey even learn for naija sef except from hustle chai.

You sure? Maybe nah your own school pattern of grading is that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Richmond996:

Richmond996! Rich-mond996, you are the one posting and looking for help with another user name

Why are you making a fool of yourself and deceiving yourself as well

See as you fumble and open your yanash

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.