Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785270 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by thesoj: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Bros, I recently answered a question of yours on the Canada thread and I wanted to throw in my two cents again...

I would implore you to not speak of your brother this way. It is a complete lie that intelligence is static (particularly if your bro doesn't have a glaring neurological or brain disorder)...almost anyone can learn anything to whatever extent they desire... the only thing is each person learns best using a different style and at a different pace than everyone else. The onus is on your brother to tirelessly identify the best learning style for him, and to disabuse himself of the thought that he is not intelligent. He needs to break away from this sort of negative self-fulfilling prophecy.

Also, your brother just needs a patient tutor/teacher to help him master an exam like TOEFL. Or he could tirelessly practice it himself if you (or someone else) patiently provide him with the right resources, psychological encouragement, and possible learning/thinking strategies. It is obvious that he has little confidence in his ability to learn. But please don't encourage the idea that he just isn't intelligent enough. That must be demoralizing for him to hear, but it seems he has internalized it and now believes it too. Yet, this can be reversed.

In any case, the good thing about getting an education in the US is that the system encourages individual students to find their own best way to learn.
kwenu:
hey house its been a while, i have brother who is not very intelligent but is willing to study in the USA. he says he cant sit for TOEFL reason because he has a low or average IQ. he has fears that he will not make a good score in the TOEFL exam, because he isnt brilliant/intelligent enough currently he has only his NECO olevel result

please what do you advise for such a person? should he go ahead and apply to a school without TOEFL bUT WHAT ABOUT the USA embassy in Nigeria will they see him as qualified for VISA. what are his chances of getting a US visa.

Thankyou

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 08, 2015
It is fraudulent and criminal which could lead to deportation- Walspring. Obtaining visa for the sole aim of eloping is fraudulent and abuse of entry visa. Imagine I send a message to DHS alerting them that someone like him is threatening people online. All I need do is furnish them with his address and phone number. He would be tracked down and deported. I'm not saying I will do this, just clearing the air. We've had friends report friends and they end up deported.

Out of status or not, keep your dealings to yourself. It doesn't mean you can't make a good life, yes you can. But thread carefully, don't be too desperate.

Abuse of visa is fraudulent and criminal. Think well before you plan any trip abroad. It's not all rosy here and there is nothing like my family. It's all man for himself. In other words come with your MONEY.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 1:05am On Oct 08, 2015
imperiouxx:

I try to distance myself from anything related to trolling toddlers. Though they were all of the same "tag team" in the beginning but what happened to stevecrun is called defamation of personality and is liable to punishment under U.S law. Equally, stevecrun releasing vital personal info trusted to him is tantamount to a bigger punishment and such consequence he received.

On no ground should any personal info in your care ever be shared with other people. I deal with many people of different stories on here and I don't share their stories with no other person.

Finally, VOs shouldn't be blamed whenever they refused application, they're only trying to prevent miscreants claiming to be students from entering and polluting more their country, but it's sad when genuine students with good intentions are taken for raffs. I don't see anything student like in them all.

Well said man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 1:36am On Oct 08, 2015
zeezahbee:
but not all schools accept AACRAO.

how are you francis? thanks for the discover card issh. I dey enjoy the card and cash backs

It's good to hear that you're enjoying the card and cashback. Discover It for students is very generous at giving cash backs to its users.

You can always refer your friends in need of a credit card to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 1:37am On Oct 08, 2015
Anyone on here interested in getting referred for a credit card with instant approval should send me an email. I'll respond back to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 2:16am On Oct 08, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Anyone on here interested in getting referred for a credit card with instant approval should send me an email. I'll respond back to you.

For clarification, is it a secured credit card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrChris1(m): 2:51am On Oct 08, 2015
kwenu:
hey house its been a while, i have brother who is not very intelligent but is willing to study in the USA. he says he cant sit for TOEFL reason because he has a low or average IQ. he has fears that he will not make a good score in the TOEFL exam, because he isnt brilliant/intelligent enough
currently he has only his NECO olevel result

please what do you advise for such a person?

should he go ahead and apply to a school without TOEFL bUT WHAT ABOUT the USA embassy in Nigeria will they see him as qualified for VISA.

what are his chances of getting a US visa.

Thankyou

Is he really interested in coming to the U.S for studies or to hustle?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 3:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Enough of all these isshh i beg..Make we move on..Life is really a Journey like Deetus said..It is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:58am On Oct 08, 2015
zeezahbee:
but not all schools accept AACRAO.

how are you francis? thanks for the discover card issh. I dey enjoy the card and cash backs
can u pls tell me about the card stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:01am On Oct 08, 2015
kwenu:
hey house its been a while, i have brother who is not very intelligent but is willing to study in the USA. he says he cant sit for TOEFL reason because he has a low or average IQ. he has fears that he will not make a good score in the TOEFL exam, because he isnt brilliant/intelligent enough
currently he has only his NECO olevel result

please what do you advise for such a person?

should he go ahead and apply to a school without TOEFL bUT WHAT ABOUT the USA embassy in Nigeria will they see him as qualified for VISA.

what are his chances of getting a US visa.

Thankyou
bros he has to overcom his fears because studying over ere is not for d lily livered..u have to b sharp n catch up easily...i dont think der is ny course dat is easygoin ere o..maybe e shud try theatre art
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 4:04am On Oct 08, 2015
warriboy21:

bros he has to overcom his fears because studying over ere is not for d lily livered..u have to b sharp n catch up easily...i dont think der is ny course dat is easygoin ere o..maybe e shud try theatre art

Bros,How far naa?Una don get girlfriend for there?Btw,Nigerian Babes dey Una school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 4:29am On Oct 08, 2015
seek4yemi1:
Hello guys,
I need information on schools with less tuition fee in USA for masters degree and am yet to write an English test what are the chances of getting an admission.

Getting admission is a step; applying for funding, getting a visa and going through your program successfully are other stages. Writing an English proficiency test will do you a lot of good in the long run. Even BETTER if you can go for your GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrChris1(m): 4:43am On Oct 08, 2015
seek4yemi1:
Hello guys,
I need information on schools with less tuition fee in USA for masters degree and am yet to write an English test what are the chances of getting an admission.

http://www.utpa.edu/

http://www.csudh.edu/

http://www.calstatela.edu/

http://www.uncfsu.edu/

http://www.utep.edu/

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:16am On Oct 08, 2015
happney65:

Bros,How far naa?Una don get girlfriend for there?Btw,Nigerian Babes dey Una school?

we neva get o..even some oyibo girls sef get naija girls spirit

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 5:24am On Oct 08, 2015
warriboy21:

we neva get o..even some oyibo girls sef get naija girls spirit

Henhen?u need to cast out Naija girl spirit from those oyinbo girls..Which Kain rubbish be that kee..Them dey Mad nii grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 6:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Try FCSA...
Walspring:

Abeg suggest another one for me joor..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 6:21am On Oct 08, 2015
tunedhey:

Aw far bro? U still unto WIU processing or u don change school?
I am changing school right away. I was told by the last Vo that interviewed me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 6:50am On Oct 08, 2015
udeyokay:

I am changing school right away. I was told by the last Vo that interviewed me
Ooh.. Ok
Wich course u been apply for den? Plus is d school not good enough?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2015
udeyokay:

Baba thank you. They have done it now. The pattern you suggested worked very well, I almost bomb 500 emails today and it perfectly worked. . cheesy
If I hear say dey no answer you.. 500 email sef small, I sent almost 1,215emails to them (copy& paste), just to rectify a discrepancy. The msg I got from them thereafter was "OK OK OK OK OK Mr Ojah, You can stop sending this email, your complains will be rectified soon. 5mins later, I got a msg that it been solved..lol

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2015
Richmond996:

For clarification, is it a secured credit card.

No. It is the regular credit card Americans get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2015
profojah:

If I hear say dey no answer you.. 500 email sef small, I sent almost 1,215emails to them (copy& paste), just to rectify a discrepancy. The msg I got from them thereafter was "OK OK OK OK OK Mr Ojah, You can stop sending this email, your complains will be rectified soon. 5mins later, I got a msg that it been solved..lol
complaints huh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2015
tunedhey:

Ooh.. Ok
Wich course u been apply for den? Plus is d school not good enough?
Msc physics. I can't really sey is an individual thing.it worked for some people it might work for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2015
slimmy05:
It is fraudulent and criminal which could lead to deportation- Walspring. Obtaining visa for the sole aim of eloping is fraudulent and abuse of entry visa. Imagine I send a message to DHS alerting them that someone like him is threatening people online. All I need do is furnish them with his address and phone number. He would be tracked down and deported. I'm not saying I will do this, just clearing the air. We've had friends report friends and they end up deported.

Out of status or not, keep your dealings to yourself. It doesn't mean you can't make a good life, yes you can. But thread carefully, don't be too desperate.

Abuse of visa is fraudulent and criminal. Think well before you plan any trip abroad. It's not all rosy here and there is nothing like my family. It's all man for himself. In other words come with your MONEY.

Wow... Thanks for the comprehensive explanation..

Three gbosa for you.... Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2015
akin3102:
Try FCSA...

Thanks big boss, I will check that and I hope the admission accept this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2015
happney65:

Baba! You own no dey pass girl grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2015
profojah:

You and warriboy21 try big time no be small..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2015
Walspring:

Baba! You own no dey pass girl grin grin grin

Bros,He still better pass make people dey fight unneccessarily for here..Got ur missed call yesternight,I don sleep go..Damm Tired then bro..We go talk on MTN tonite,I no dey sleep house..Spring 2016 Loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2015
slimmy05:
Aplogise to who?
tread carefully.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2015
Good day everybody in the house. I use this opportunity to salute and appreciate the gurus in the house, more grease to your elbow. I would like the gurus in the house to help me out on these questions from the I-20 I got from my choice school. It was written in the I-20 that; PROGRAM ENGLISH PROFICIENCY- Required. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY NOTES- Student is proficient. I don't really understand these information in my I-20, so I need the gurus in the house to put me through. I would welcome the advise, suggestions and answers to this question. Hope to get back from you soonest.. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2015
wiseman2392:
Good day everybody in the house. I use this opportunity to salute and appreciate the gurus in the house, more grease to your elbow. I would like the gurus in the house to help me out on these questions from the I-20 I got from my choice school. It was written in the I-20 that; PROGRAM ENGLISH PROFICIENCY- Required. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY NOTES- Student is proficient. I don't really understand these information in my I-20, so I need the gurus in the house to put me through. I would welcome the advise, suggestions and answers to this question. Hope to get back from you soonest.. Thanks.

It means you have the requirement for English and you not going to start English class when you get to the school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2015
happney65:

Bros,He still better pass make people dey fight unneccessarily for here..Got ur missed call yesternight,I don sleep go..Damm Tired then bro..We go talk on MTN tonite,I no dey sleep house..Spring 2016 Loading

Okay no lele but no be mid night call for Mtn ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.