Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,516 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787183 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by outlawdepaul: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
Please guys do I have to wait for the school to send the I-20 and SEIVS form before booking for an interview? Please i know this might be in previous thread, but this is urgent cos u am about paying for booking at the bank. Please guys. Will I be needing this forms to fill my visa booking online? Or will they ask for any of the forms at the bank?
Thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
outlawdepaul:
Please guys do I have to wait for the school to send the I-20 and SEIVS form before booking for an interview? Please i know this might be in previous thread, but this is urgent cos u am about paying for booking at the bank. Please guys. Will I be needing this forms to fill my visa booking online? Or will they ask for any of the forms at the bank?
Thanks guys
you need your sevis number, which is usually on your i20 to be able to complete your ds160 form and for appointment. If your school can send you those information. Then you're good

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
Please who has filled the recent DS160? The page for educational qualifications is it still there? A friend couldn't find it while filling his ds160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
djmakson:

NIPOST isn't as bad as you have painted it. I have used NIPOST 3 times. For 3 different destinations in the US and they never failed me. All you need do is send with the one that issues tracking number and with that you can monitor your document. Within 10 working days, it'll get to the desired destination in US. It now depends on how soon you want your document to get there. It'll cost you between N1,200 and N1,500 depending on the weight and same document will cost you between N10k and N14k using DHL or other courier outfits and it'll get there in 4 or 5 working days. The choice is now yours.
NIPOST can be that bad. A document I sent via NIPOST has spent about a month already in New York. Another time I sent 3 documents to the US, 2 arrived and the other never did. If the money is there, no body should risk NIPOST.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
Canberra55:
Hmmm! I think you done said it all bruh. The time factor is just the dayum thang! 2 of doz skuls hav a December1 scholarship deadline afta the Nov7 exam date. Abeg does any1 gat a clue how many days/weeks it takes for the SAT Score to b ready..But that 10k-14k no b here oo. I go jus gast find out which of d couriers go favor me pass. #can'tThankYALLenough.
The result comes out 3 thursdays after the exam date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by outlawdepaul: 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
slimmy05:
you need your sevis number, which is usually on your i20 to be able to complete your ds160 form and for appointment. If your school can send you those information. Then you're good

Oh my God thanks slimmy, u guys are awesome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Thanks bro. #OperationCOURIERplanning.com
Theflint1:
The result comes out 3 thursdays after the exam date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hardeorlah: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
pls house will I upload a passport wen filling d ds160 and what are the documents I will need to answer the questions.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
hardeorlah:
pls house will I upload a passport wen filling d ds160 and what are the documents I will need to answer the questions.thanks
You don't need to. U are going to take ur passport photograph allow with u to the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Donseaun:
hello guys,
I need your assistance in choosing the school i should choose for my masters in Electrical engineering. I have been offered admission in 3 universities right now namely;
1) southern Illinois university edwardsville. (SIUE)
2) Wayne state university, Detroit, Michigan (WSU)

3) University of Kentucky
I'm supposed to resume by spring 2016, i already have i-20 forms from two of the schools. i think i am having a had choice choosing between WSU and SIUE. Tuition in SIUE is cheaper by $5,000 and the department boosts about assistantship after first semester, that was what was pushing to go for the school, but now i am thinking to myself if this is actually a good school to go to. Someone should please assist me with facts that will help me narrow down my choices.
nywer u hear michigan...run....
too cold n expensive

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Theflint1:
NIPOST can be that bad. A document I sent via NIPOST has spent about a month already in New York. Another time I sent 3 documents to the US, 2 arrived and the other never did. If the money is there, no body should risk NIPOST.

Well I get your point bro. But then it's as good as saying others shouldn't apply to a particular school because one was denied admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
freshboi34:
Good evening brothers and sisters in the house, have been following your comments on the usa-visa enquiries part 8, am really overwhelmed with the vast knowledge you guys have amassed. presently am a final year student of Electrical/Electronics Engineering doing my final year project with a CGPA of 4.40 presently and intending to do my masters programme in the united states..am begging you to please give me full tutoring on how to go about the masters programme and which university is best fit for my match..
Cc: bigfrancis21, slimmy and prof

Hi Freshboi34. Are you a Unilag student? I am also studying Electrical/Electronics engineering. However, I'm in my fourth year but i intend to do my masters when i'm done. So I'm gathering all the information I can right now. Please how can I contact you? I'll like to ask you some questions. I've tried sending a pm but i don't think it's delivering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Go to SIU Edwardsville. During my school search I checked the school and also SIU, Carbondale, the schools are competitive and education facilities is excellent. Wayne state uni is excessively expensive, a private uni (I think) my cousin got admission for msc engineering last yr and his tuition was almost 8m. lol. All the best in your decision @Donseaun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dorisuncle: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Pls can anyone help me with a 2 bedroom apartment in Indianapolis and can I get one for around 300-400 usd-, also a friend needs same 2 bedroom apartment in Baltimore, Maryland for around same price, can anyone help pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
dorisuncle:
Pls can anyone help me with a 2 bedroom apartment in Indianapolis and can I get one for around 300-400 usd-, also a friend needs same 2 bedroom apartment in Baltimore, Maryland for around same price, can anyone help pls

You mean trailer apt? You should get it around 500-700 usd depending on the location. you can get a roommate to split bills
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Glocal1: 7:23am On Oct 24, 2015
stolid:

Get a paypal account at www.paypal.com
Connect your naira master card account to your paypal account. I strongly recommend StanBic for this, because of their minimal rate.
When you get to the point you have to pay for the exam while registering, check out with your paypal details.

As simple as ABC, bro.
how much did stanbic charge you, n do they issue visa card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by blessedly(f): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Please who has filled the recent DS160? The page for educational qualifications is it still there? A friend couldn't find it while filling his ds160

I filled just yrstday. didn't find such page. but there was a page that you have to briefly describe your job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2015
blessedly:

I filled just yrstday. didn't find such page. but there was a page that you have to briefly describe your job.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2015
Glocal1:
how much did stanbic charge you, n do they issue visa card?

Stanbic charged me 199 when I registered for the GRE but 220 recently. I don't know if they issue visa card. You can try Fidelity bank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2015
stolid:

Stanbic charged me 199 when I registered for the GRE but 220 recently. I don't know if they issue visa card. You can try Fidelity bank.
Its same with most banks. GTbank is like 222 to 223.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Its same with most banks. GTbank is like 222 to 223.

Yes. I only recommended stanbic initially because they used to be different. They maintained 199 for months while other banks hovered around 220-235. Bloodymitch said something about Fidelity's rate being around 199, reason I asked that he tries it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2015
stolid:

Yes. I only recommended stanbic initially because they used to be different. They maintained 199 for months while other banks hovered around 220-235. Bloodymitch said something about Fidelity's rate being around 199, reason I asked that he tries it.
It's different when you're buying BTA. When it's online transaction they use that criminal exchange rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dorisuncle: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
You mean trailer apt? You should get it around 500-700 usd depending on the location. you can get a roommate to split bills
Do u mean I can get a 2 bedroom apartment for around $500 -$600 in Indianapolis ? I mean a 2 bedroom apartment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
dorisuncle:

Do u mean I can get a 2 bedroom apartment for around $500 -$600 in Indianapolis ? I mean a 2 bedroom apartment.
$500 to $700 depending on the location?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Glocal1: 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
stolid:

ok, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hardeorlah: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2015
blessedly:

abeg blessedly I need some info from u, pls how can I contact u, cos I want to fill ds160 form too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
It's different when you're buying BTA. When it's online transaction they use that criminal exchange rate.

Oh alright.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dorisuncle: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
$500 to $700 depending on the location?
OK sir, thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afroxyz: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2015
While we are preparing for our student visa applications/admission processes and celebrating our successes in obtaining our visas, one core issue we have not been discussing is how Nigerian students can raise extra pay apart from the campus jobs. What vocational skills or what are the means through which students can raise money. We need to discuss this so as to ease the pressure on us.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dorisuncle: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2015
Pls this request is from a friend of mine. He needs to know where he can get a divource certificate that will be acceptable in the US for his marriage to his new US citizen. He actually divourced his Naija wife long ago in a small customary court in ipetumodu, osun state but u know US might not be able to verify that divorce paper issued from the small city/village in ipetumodu, so he is now looking for where to get the divorce certificate that is verifyable in case the US will verify.
Pls assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.