Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783961 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2015
dorisuncle:
Pls this request is from a friend of mine. He needs to know where he can get a divource certificate that will be acceptable in the US for his marriage to his new US citizen. He actually divourced his Naija wife long ago in a small customary court in ipetumodu, osun state but u know US might not be able to verify that divorce paper issued from the small city/village in ipetumodu, so he is now looking for where to get the divorce certificate that is verifyable in case the US will verify.
Pls assist
Who told you the US Embassy can't verify any document? They actually do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dorisuncle: 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
DeeTus:
Who told you the US Embassy can't verify any document? They actually do.
I mean verification at a small customary court that dissolved his marriage was in Ipetumodu, Osun state. This is a small village in Osun state where it might be difficult for verification to be done. He now asks if he can approach a higher court like the ones in Lagos where verification can easily be carried out, unlike the one in a village where the embassy might find harder to reach. Hope u get my point sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Lildoc(m): 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
hello peepz, m new here. and i just applied for student visa Sorry anyone here that has experinced it before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by goryorhal(m): 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lildoc:
hello peepz, m new here. and i just applied for student visa Sorry anyone here that has experinced it before

U applied for a student visa? What happened ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by davido05: 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
hello house, this is my first time on nairaland and i have a very important question to ask that will be of help to me. i got my i-20 already and my interview is on the 27th in Lagos. i applied to a college and is just 2 years course. do i need to show them my ond transcript at the embassy because i finished from yaba college of technology.. and i just need to have idea of the questions so to enable me prepare for my interview. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
dorisuncle:

I mean verification at a small customary court that dissolved his marriage was in Ipetumodu, Osun state. This is a small village in Osun state where it might be difficult for verification to be done. He now asks if he can approach a higher court like the ones in Lagos where verification can easily be carried out, unlike the one in a village where the embassy might find harder to reach. Hope u get my point sir
Western Embassies use a wide range of skills to verify documents and can even go to his village. Number one among them is Austrian Embassy.

But when your documents are real then you have nothing to worry about, even if your application is put under AP.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
afroxyz:
While we are preparing for our student visa applications/admission processes and celebrating our successes in obtaining our visas, one core issue we have not been discussing is how Nigerian students can raise extra pay apart from the campus jobs. What vocational skills or what are the means through which students can raise money. We need to discuss this so as to ease the pressure on us.

mechanic, barber, tailor,.drug pushing,..name it......esp mechanic..dem de hama die...just to fix shocks or anyoda part na fr 80dolls n above...i nearly crase..
tailoring skil is also highly needed ere 2..i live inn a white dominated hood so nobody to silifit dos big big trousers for me angry.. except you go to chicago n mayb gary....but its gud 2 acquire a skill o..wen u reach ere 9 u go kn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
dorisuncle:

Guy leave that one for US embassy. If they can go as far as people's villages to check the validity of their marriage. They your uncles small village is a pie.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afroxyz: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
warriboy21:

mechanic, barber, tailor,.drug pushing,..name it......esp mechanic..dem de hama die...just to fix shocks or anyoda part na fr 80dolls n above...i nearly crase..
tailoring skil is also highly needed ere 2..i live inn a white dominated hood so nobody to silifit dos big big trousers for me angry.. except you go to chicago n mayb gary....but its gud 2 acquire a skill o..wen u reach ere 9 u go kn

What about photography?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
afroxyz:

What about photography?
no o...dos oyibo na expert for dat field o..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
SIEU? I chose that school for my SAT. All the best!
warriboy21:

nywer u hear michigan...run....
too cold n expensive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by purplesummer(f): 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
dorisuncle:
Pls this request is from a friend of mine. He needs to know where he can get a divource certificate that will be acceptable in the US for his marriage to his new US citizen. He actually divourced his Naija wife long ago in a small customary court in ipetumodu, osun state but u know US might not be able to verify that divorce paper issued from the small city/village in ipetumodu, so he is now looking for where to get the divorce certificate that is verifyable in case the US will verify.
Pls assist

If your friend had a statutory wedding i.e court marriage, he needs to obtain a valid divorce papers from the HIGH COURT, if he wedded in the church and was issued with a valid marriage certificate (as in FORM 'E'), he also needs to go to the HIGH COURT.
If on the other hand he only wedded traditionally, then the customary court is the apposite court.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
MOFERANJESUGAN:
Visa approved this morning at the Abuja embassy......... I just quickly want to Thank God here and appreciate everybody for one contribution or the other on this thread..... Walspring!!! Slimmy and Profojah. God bless u guys specially....wil be right bck with my transcript cos my fone is as good as dead....on my way bck to osogbo now.

Let's give all the thanks to God..

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

Sorry that it's coming late
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
davido05:
hello house, this is my first time on nairaland and i have a very important question to ask that will be of help to me. i got my i-20 already and my interview is on the 27th in Lagos. i applied to a college and is just 2 years course. do i need to show them my ond transcript at the embassy because i finished from yaba college of technology.. and i just need to have idea of the questions so to enable me prepare for my interview. thanks

You no try at all..

You finished from a two years college and yet you applied to another two years college, tell me are you upgrading or degrading Am sure you stilling going apply for what you studied in yabatech in the same two year college in USA.. Smh

Your adviser didn't advise you well even the agent who processed it for you just shot your leg if you don't know..

You better

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
All those people wey dey claim University of Houston I no see una for Korede picture.

grin grin grin

Maybe the photographer edit them Comot

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
NellyGhenghen:

A bit over 4months, that's d one I saw at home. Wasnt able to get the new ones from my dad before my interview. Will I be interviewed again? Will i meet her again? Do i need another ds? What are my chances as it stands now

The mystery about this is that if the up to date bank statement you will show her when next you go there can't cover your school fee, then it shows that no funds to pay school fee when you get to USA and you should guess what the decision will be but if there is enough to pay the school fee for the spring semester, I congratulate you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
outlawdepaul:
Please i want to know, for those that booked appointment recently, are there still free date for booking for f1 or m1 visa for the month of December, January or February. Please urgent. Cos am about to pay for booking.

There should be just login to check the first available date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
slimmy05:
A friend was filling his DS160 and didn't find the section to input his undergraduate and secondary school details. Do they still have that section

Yes they do..

Sometimes when their website nock, it won't bring that page for some applicant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2015
Canberra55:
Hello room. I'm taking the SAT on 7th November. It's my understanding that i'll be doing some document mailing frm naija. Abeg friends, anyone with an idea how much the regular NIPOST and other courier services might cost and which of them courier services is most reliable? Also , hw many days for delivery...nipost and courier? Then again, i'd like to know how the application fee payment is done... Thanks in advance.

Tnt or courier plus is below 10k and its 4 to 5 working days

If you use nipost it will take between 7 to 10 days or maximum of 2 weeks and it depend on the designation it's going in USA..

Recently I sent one on October 14th and it was delivered on October 23rd

It will takes one week from Nigeria to USA and the remaining one week to get delivered to its destination

You can still meet up with Dec 1 deadline only if you include those schools in your SaT and those schools will get your score report same day or latest 2 days after your SAT score is released

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:05am On Oct 25, 2015
Canberra55:
Hmmm! I think you done said it all bruh. The time factor is just the dayum thang! 2 of doz skuls hav a December1 scholarship deadline afta the Nov7 exam date. Abeg does any1 gat a clue how many days/weeks it takes for the SAT Score to b ready..But that 10k-14k no b here oo. I go jus gast find out which of d couriers go favor me pass. #can'tThankYALLenough.

Highest 3 weeks and your score should be out on Thursday 26th November 2015 if my calculation is not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2015
stolid:

Yes. I only recommended stanbic initially because they used to be different. They maintained 199 for months while other banks hovered around 220-235. Bloodymitch said something about Fidelity's rate being around 199, reason I asked that he tries it.

It's seems our banks are now obeying the CBN devalued amount for naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Please who has filled the recent DS160? The page for educational qualifications is it still there? A friend couldn't find it while filling his ds160

Yes it's still there.. This is a recent ds160 form filled last week..

Check this out, I have to crop the part where there is application ID.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:05am On Oct 25, 2015
dorisuncle:
Pls assist

Get a lawyer or if truly you divorced, then go to the same customary court in ipetumodu and show them the date you divorced, they can use that to trace your record (at least your case number and name will be written down on that day).... or na baale of ipetumodu dissolved your marriage ni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12am On Oct 25, 2015
@ olatbaba and MOFERANJESUGAN,

Cheers guys!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 25, 2015
Walspring:

Yes it's still there.. This is a recent ds160 form filled last week..

Check this out, I have to crop the part where there is application ID.
any implication. The person already booked for appointment and I tried it here and didn't find where to fill education too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by obiaguna(m): 1:30am On Oct 25, 2015
sirRiddy:
The GRE has left Gruber far behind.
I believe the book should be a quick reference only since
most of the contents do not reflect the change in the test.
I wasted almost two weeks on the material.

Eeyah... grin grin There will many more birthdays. Make it up to yourself
during the Christmas and New Year Holidays

I want to get the hard copy books for GRE. What books do you recommend and any ideas of the stores where I can get them and a price.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 1:33am On Oct 25, 2015
slimmy05:
any implication. The person already booked for appointment and I tried it here and didn't find where to fill education too

There won't be any implication since on his I20 he is going for masters and the person have worked, his nysc and bsc certificate could help incase the VO wants to use that since (s)he didn't see that that on his ds160.

But he can input something in the describe duties box like "with my Bsc degree in Bleep, I worked as Bleep and my duties are listed below. Maybe that will help if VO read such

I pray God favour work and speak for him. Amen

If I can recall very well and I am not wrong, zezah had similar issue back them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 5:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Thanks a lot bro. I'm leaving you a PM. Looking forward to a swift reply. God bless.
Walspring:

Tnt or courier plus is below 10k and its 4 to 5 working days

If you use nipost it will take between 7 to 10 days or maximum of 2 weeks and it depend on the designation it's going in USA..

Recently I sent one on October 14th and it was delivered on October 23rd

It will takes one week from Nigeria to USA and the remaining one week to get delivered to its destination

You can still meet up with Dec 1 deadline only if you include those schools in your SaT and those schools will get your score report same day or latest 2 days after your SAT score is released
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Canberra55: 5:37am On Oct 25, 2015
What's up friends? Ain't nothin' much really...just felt the need to say, 'HAPPY SUNDAY'. #Hood Morning...(no typo)!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2015
Canberra55:
Thanks a lot bro. I'm leaving you a PM. Looking forward to a swift reply. God bless.

Pm replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2015
davido05:
davido05:
davido05:

Bro I graduated from yct too just read d thread carefully n see how college applicant scaled through though its a 50:50 chance but university would have being better...no crime my opinion though but be hopeful n we awaits ur testimony here...Goodluck bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Lildoc:
Read the thread carefully and do your assignments by prayer and be hopeful and have faith in God then u will come here and share your own approval transcript too

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.