Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784544 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by blessedly(f): 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
topejohnson72:

I am in a total black out at the moment. And my fear is that even if I get to the POE I might be sent back for the sins my wife committed because its on record she's my wife and that we both have a son.
However, we got our visas at different times, she got hers like a year after I got mine.
I only visited the US once and that was long ago, i hardly have time to travel, even local travellings.
Now, what can I do ? Can't the US immigration send her packing ? In fact, I sent an e mail to the USCIS and I gave them all my wife's details including her passport number and scanned copy of her visa, and till now they never responded. Can't they deport my wife ? Or how can a married woman just abscond with a little child and decide not to return
Pls help me abeg

oga, why not you take this matter to the family iƱstead of planning for her return cos as it sounds you wife might have tasted the waters and you can guess how sweet the thirst can be. getting her deported will definitely not give you and your family a good record. she wants to adjust her status... that could mean divorce! have you talked to the family on this matter?
maybe she is on the other hand trying to make it happen for you to join them. just do not think of doing her wrong cos it might turn against you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by freshboi34(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Your 4.40 CGPA would land you at a GPA of at least 3.6 on the US 4-point scale, which is considered a first class (starting from 3.5/4.0). With a GRE score of at least 310, you do stand a very good chance of admission and funding at the schools I have recommended for you.

Thanks so much @bigfrancis21...U a rare gem!...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by udeyokay: 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
slimmy05:
the both, they are also both easier to fail as well. Depends solely on you and your preparation level.
I love this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
NellyGhenghen:

Hello house, my F1 visa was approved few hours ago in Abuja, will post my transcript later today. Thanks to God, Slimmy05 for helping with my sevis fee, you are the best man and I wish you Favour and success in whatever you do. Thanks to the active contributors to this thread too. You helped a lot.
Congrats nellyGhenghen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tipssy1: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
topejohnson72:
Greetings to u all
I have been following this forum for a while but decided to ask for an advice from u all
1 am a 32 years old Businessman, and I own my own company here in Lagos. I am married and a child who is just 3 years old.
My wife and kid got a US visit visa about 6 months ago and they used it to travel and up till now, my wife and kid have not returned back to Nigeria. She told me she will not return back to Nigeria that she is adjusting her status, and that it could take her 5 years to do that as I don't understand what that means.
However, I have a valid visa too, B2, which will expire next month, but I hardly have time to travel, as I don't want to leave my company. Since my wife said I should come over to her in the US to see her if I desire to see my little son, won't I be faced with some questions at the POE, and don't u think I can be sent back to Nigeria at the POE due to the sins of my wife and kid overstaying in the US. And also, what does Adjustment of Status that my wife said means?
Bro if I were u forget that woman because her mind is made up already, I belv someone is backing her up and giving her some advice to do so. Concentrate more on your business bro if not you wld become a matter of discussion wen ever she calls someone that knows u in Nigeria to discuss ur down or rise. Am sure ur son is ur major concern. Since u both didn't collect the visa together on the same day if asked about her @ the point of entry, u can say u hv both parted ways or divorced that settle the matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
topejohnson72:

I am in a total black out at the moment. And my fear is that even if I get to the POE I might be sent back for the sins my wife committed because its on record she's my wife and that we both have a son.
However, we got our visas at different times, she got hers like a year after I got mine.
I only visited the US once and that was long ago, i hardly have time to travel, even local travellings.
Now, what can I do ? Can't the US immigration send her packing ? In fact, I sent an e mail to the USCIS and I gave them all my wife's details including her passport number and scanned copy of her visa, and till now they never responded. Can't they deport my wife ? Or how can a married woman just abscond with a little child and decide not to return
Pls help me abeg

Sounds funny but USA is not like UK that will start hunting for her now since she is still useful to them to get some gburu job done. although USA is doing that now but they need more evidence to prosecute her if I am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by teeteekool: 2:13am On Oct 28, 2015
olantua:
Which is easier to pass TOEFL or GRE ?
Toefl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 2:59am On Oct 28, 2015
temi4fash:
Hello guys,

Great work you guys are doing....

I want to ask, what happens if a student has all the money he needs for his school fees, then something out of his control happens along the line and the money got spent on other things and the guy has gone to resume in the U.S. what happens to him? Does he get deported or what??

your question funny die

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 3:03am On Oct 28, 2015
slimmy05:
Please, where can one get hard copy IELTS study materials in Lagos? walspring, profojah, amanze, kennyrony
British Council in Lagos. ... Address. 20 Thompson Avenue, Falomo Ikoyi, Lagos at about 4K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2015
topejohnson72:
Greetings to u all
I have been following this forum for a while but decided to ask for an advice from u all
1 am a 32 years old Businessman, and I own my own company here in Lagos. I am married and a child who is just 3 years old.
My wife and kid got a US visit visa about 6 months ago and they used it to travel and up till now, my wife and kid have not returned back to Nigeria. She told me she will not return back to Nigeria that she is adjusting her status, and that it could take her 5 years to do that as I don't understand what that means.
However, I have a valid visa too, B2, which will expire next month, but I hardly have time to travel, as I don't want to leave my company. Since my wife said I should come over to her in the US to see her if I desire to see my little son, won't I be faced with some questions at the POE, and don't u think I can be sent back to Nigeria at the POE due to the sins of my wife and kid overstaying in the US. And also, what does Adjustment of Status that my wife said means?

SUPER STORY
This person's account account was opened today.
This person whoever you are, you're trying to get opinion to validate an intending crime which hasn't been committed yet but is being contemplated.

This story is so false I'm surprised people are falling for it. Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2015
olatbaba:

Thanks bro! Lol Wasn't hard dealing with them at all. Awesome Lecturers i tell you.

Indeed!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olantua: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2015
Goodmorning gurus.......a friend in los angeles is advicing me to come over on visitation visa and later have my masters. Please how authentic, easy and possible is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Theflint1(m): 8:23am On Oct 28, 2015
bbdd:

SUPER STORY
This person's account account was opened today.
This person whoever you are, you're trying to get opinion to validate an intending crime which hasn't been committed yet but is being contemplated.

This story is so false I'm surprised people are falling for it. Lol.
How does posting under a new account reduce the credence of the story? Or is the scenario he described wholly improbable?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by davido05: 8:31am On Oct 28, 2015
I was deny student visa yesterday in lagos. So sad.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Diamonds2000: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2015
Hi Everyone and would like to commend you all for your contributions.

I will like to know what my chances are if i apply for a student visa for a masters program.

I was denied a visit visa sometime last month, reason was i do not have enough work experience even though I have worked for over a year at my current job.

I will like to know if this same reason will affect my student visa application.

I intend to go for the masters program in the fall next year (august 2016), thus i would have gained over two years work experience at my current job. Note that I schooled in the UK and Dubai and been there a couple of times.

I await your suggestions and contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2015
davido05:
I was deny student visa yesterday in lagos. So sad.
How did it go? Please can we see what ur transcript is like
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by temi4fash(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2015
kennyrony:

your question funny die

Why do you saiy so?

Have heard of scenarios where a person was given visa and he couldn't't go again because of lack of funds.. then I begin to wonder if the person has left nko?

Just thinking aloud..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by davido05: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Vo. Why do you want to study in america

Me. Because I want the best of education for my self.

Vo. Why did you choose victory bible college?

Me. Because I want to be perfect in my major which is theological and religious studies .

Vo. Who is your sponsor?

Me. My mum.

Vo what does she do?

Me. She works for the largest milk production company in west africa (peak milk)

Vo. He den said sorry you have to reapply.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2015
davido05:

Me. Because I want to be perfect in my major which is theological and religious studies .

Vo. Who is your sponsor?

Me. My mum.

Vo what does she do?

Me. She works for the largest milk production company in west africa (peak milk)

Sorry about your denial. If this is exactly how your interview went, then the truth is you have not prepared well. Your responses above have not shown that you did your home work well.

I'll advise that you try read up a couple of interview transcripts of both approvals and denials to learn how to respond to such questions. Do NOT forget to ask for God's favor as well. Do aall these and refire!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by davido05: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Thank you very much. I strongly agree with you. I did not prepare well reason is because my i-20 came very late and I was also busy trying to pay my sevis fee. I will do my best next time and it will be in abuja.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by goryorhal(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2015
davido05:
Thank you very much. I strongly agree with you. I did not prepare well reason is because my i-20 came very late and I was also busy trying to pay my sevis fee. I will do my best next time and it will be in abuja.

How far blessing ?
Usuanlele blessing grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Here is my transcript.

Had my interview at 9:00am on the 21st of October at the us embassy Abuja. Arrived there at about 8am and had to wait, whilst waiting, I had a brief chat with this guy who was applying for a B1 visa. At about 8:50am they called us in. Went through all processes including biometrics and then sat to wait for my turn. There were only two of us for an F1 visa at that period.

Skip to my interview.. met the black lady at window 9.

Me: Good morning

VO: Good morning, hand me your documents..

(I handed her my passport, i20 and Ds160)

VO: (After a brief look at my I20) It says on your i20 that you are going to study biology (waving my i20 with a non chalant attitude).. I mean why this course.

Me: Because it's one of the pre med majors offered at the university, and of all other pre med majors offered its the one that closely matches the prerequisites for med school... this program will qualify me for med school and thats my end goal hence the choice.

VO: So why did you pick Le tourneau university? what's so special about this university ( still with a non chalant tone)

Me: Asides the fact that it was the first response I got, le tourneau university I discovered during my research has a well structured curriculum which is practical oriented..

VO: (Interrupts...) obviously you are going to study biology which is more of practicals so that's not enough reason you could get that at any other university, you spoke about well structured curriculum too can you tell me about this curriculum. and give me a concrete reason that makes le tourneau special. (in an angry tone)

Me: I was impressed by what I saw whilst carrying out extensive research after the uni accepted me, students at le tourneau right from entry level are exposed to lots of practical work and research, and they are given the opportunity to work directly with professors as either lab or research assistants. There is this project students in my intended major are involved in called the wheels project where they carry out research on wheel chair function for disabled children in low income settings. I'm definitely interested in stuff like that. in addition, le tourneau has good ratings on usnews.com.

VO: (Types for a while then opens up my passport).. its says here that you were a student in France.. what's is that about?

Me: Yes, I was there for a preparatory course.

VO: So why didn't you just go ahead to pursue your Bsc there?

Me: Yeah that was the initial plan, I wanted to be fully bilingual n study there but during my program I had the opportunity to take classes with the actual med students and found out its one thing to learn a language and another thing to study in that language especially medicine. So yeah now I'm bilingual, I have a C2 level in French and I completed my prep course. Didn't want to waste my time and my parents money chasing shadows, I have to move on.

VO: So it took you two years in France to decide that.

Me: (Shrugged my shoulders..)

VO: (Types for a while..) who is sponsoring you?

Me: My father

VO: what does he do?

Me: Told her..

VO: Do you have his financial statements?

Me: Yes.. (Hands them to her..)

VO: (Looks through..)

Me: That's his personal and company account and sponsorship letter...

VO: (interrupts..),I can see clearly, and if I have any questions I will ask you, Thank you.

Me: Oops, sorry.. (with a smile)

VO: (Types for ages.....)

I thought I was going to be denied at this point was just waiting to hear the words.

VO: (folds my ds160, keeps it on her desk, brings out a yellow slip) I'll like to see more recent financial documents of your father, this yellow slip will let you through the embassy any Tuesday from 1pm. (Hands me back my passport and i20)

Me: Ok. thanks.
It was mixed feelings as I left the embassy, I felt good because I thought I was going to be denied, I felt pissed cos of how the interview went and the ladies attitude, and I felt bad because I really wanted closure on that day.. now I had to wait for a week.

Anyway, I got the updated financial statements and went back yesterday. We were called in at about 20 past 1. Went through the process again. Sat down and was waiting to hear my name. Finally a white guy called me, forgotten which window number it was.

Me: Good afternoon sir.

VO: Good afternoon. (Types for a while..) you were asked to bring your father's financial statements. Can I see them.

Me: Yes (hands them over to him.)

VO: what does your father do?

Me: Told him

VO: (Goes through the statements non chalantly, stops half way and begins typing for a long time...for a very long time) what document is that? Can you move your hand please.

Me: which one?

VO: That one there?

Me: which one? this one?

VO: No underneath

Me: This one?

VO: never mind.. ( continues typing again for a long time.......) Ok everything is in order, you passport should be ready for pick up on Friday at the address on this slip, remember your i20 form, put in your hand luggage you ll need it at the POE, and you need to be in the US before your resumption date.

Me: OK thank you.

Walked out of the embassy feeling like Tony Montana lol.

Advice: Be confident, trust in God, and don't memorize anything, your interview may not go as you planned.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
Congrats bro enjoy obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Congratulations NellyGhenghen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
davido05:

Vo. Who is your sponsor?

Me. My mum.

Vo what does she do?

Peak milk is not a company, it is a product by FrieslandCampina, WAMCO Nig Plc. You need to go and study yourself well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
Congrats Nellyghenghen

Why are my hands so cold, when everyone else's hand is warm. And I no sick oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nelly, Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
Please anybody knows Psychology MS
programs that fund well?
Help a brother!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
temi4fash:

Why do you saiy so?

Have heard of scenarios where a person was given visa and he couldn't't go again because of lack of funds.. then I begin to wonder if the person has left nko?

Just thinking aloud..

Yea....you are right....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
slimmy05:
All those people wey dey claim University of Houston I no see una for Korede picture.

Slimmy05 is a clown. cheesy Them dey class ni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akagson: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
....and so I've written my personal statement essay. I've never written one before, and so I don't know whether it will appeal to the admission officers. Pls, anyone got an advice for me about the essay. How can I get someone who's knowledgeable to vet and critique it for me before I finally submit?
This admission na by force o!
Anyone, please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.