Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1045337 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 3:01am On Dec 19, 2015
thanks dear!!
IyaEjima:

Congrats Bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 3:02am On Dec 19, 2015
thanks......submitted Oct. 26th
NaD720:

Congratulations bro! Definitely a sign we winning! When did you submit bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 3:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Bro, pls can u drop the link nd processes u followed in booking for your flight?
I intend using Ethiopian airline or Egypt airline. Already seeing some hitches when I browsed through Ethiopian airline.
ohaveez:
Booked my flight with ethiopian airline this afternoon for 182k..I will be leaving 25th of this month which is xmas day..anyone going to toronto on 25th of this month with ethiopian airline shud indicate please..dnt want to get bored all alone . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graphical(f): 4:01am On Dec 19, 2015
All glory to the Lord Most High.

First Application online route: May 8th 2015
Denied: July 8th 2015

Second Application paper route: October 7th 2015
Approval Letter: 7th December 2015
TRV pick up: 18th December 2015.

For those that might be interested in the documents I submitted in this second application, please check my profile. I submitted virtually the same documents as is in my first application, except that I paid part of the tuition fee and also asked my sponsors to make financial commitments by paying some money to my account.

I want to thank everyone in the house for their contributions. Berexio1 and Beulahepzibah, special thanks for taking time to read and make amendments on my SOP. God bless you real good. May good things continue to be your portion.

To all TRV hopeful, success is not an option, it’s a must for you. Just keep the hope high.

One love all.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:19am On Dec 19, 2015
Because It is the first of his qualification and it way out of the line when compared to latter ones and his proposed course.

Leavin that out shows a bit of consistency from then onwards.
GboyegaD:

Why did you write that he shouldn't have added the HND certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2015
I tend to laugh when people write about comprehensive SOPs.
I personally believe These VOS dont have time to read them.
Sometimes when we have something else , I us in our app we tend to be quick to attribut it is our SOPs
I believe in trying as much as possible not not need to write an SOP.
thesoj:
Lol, but the thing is that if I were he I would include the HND but would write an extraordinary SOP. My bro was a very complex applicant but we told the full truth and put together an application we thought would be convincing to a rational VO.

@tundd80, there are many applicants on this thread with their TRV even tho they had a course mismatch. If your intentions are genuine, then you should write a thoroughly convincing SOP.

Most times, these short cuts are self-defeating in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dejilale: 4:27am On Dec 19, 2015
I read Textile Design in a federal university here in and I also apply for a 2years Diploma program in Textile Design at New Brunswich College of Craft and Design(NBCCD) and I have been accepted also but the it is not a degree certificate that will be awarded, it is until I finish d 2years program and go for a year program that I will be awarded a (B.sc). Pls I hope I will be given a visa since it relates to my undergraduate program but its not a degree program? What should I include in my documents In this kind of program? Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 4:29am On Dec 19, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Because It is the first of his qualification and it way out of the line when compared to latter ones and his proposed course.

Leavin that out shows a bit of consistency from then onwards.

He need not remove it. Stating his qualifications and stating his job function and experience is sifficient to explain why he is seeking a degree in marketing. He needs a first degree to do a PGD. His PGD in Finance indicates his diversion away from Engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:30am On Dec 19, 2015
Share your profile like when you graduated, how long have you been working and I documents you submitted.
tunrax:
hello team,

please help a sis here, was denied visa a second time on the ffllg reason.

Mode of application - online

Programme - post graduate certificate in process Quality engineering.
undergraduate course - industrial chemistry
note- my present job is inline with the course.

1 purpose of visit
2 travel history

i will like to reapply ,my qtns are,do i need to do a fresh medical? if NO, how do i go about it and how best can i tackle the reasons stated above.

thank you and God bless us all.

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS. shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 4:33am On Dec 19, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Sometimes when we have something else , I us in our app we tend to be quick to attribut it is our SOPs

The question is how many minutes does it take to read a statement of purpose? Often times, the introduction and structure is enough to determine if one needs to read it or otherwise. As such, these are very key concept in writing a good and detailed SoP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:44am On Dec 19, 2015
My brother, I met an immigration lawyer which I believe is reputable. He said the VO checks important documents and scans through the rest.
He also adviced writing very short sponsorship letters....

In short, these people have hundred of applications to deal with in a short period of time, so the lesser the docs, the lesser the letters, the simpler the application the better.

They don't have the time to help you connect dots as we assume here.....
GboyegaD:

He need not remove it. Stating his qualifications and stating his job function and experience is sifficient to explain why he is seeking a degree in marketing. He needs a first degree to do a PGD. His PGD in Finance indicates his diversion away from Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 4:47am On Dec 19, 2015
Okay o.....opinions are like assholes....We all have one....
He should just request for his Gcms so as to be free from guesses.....
GboyegaD:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 5:07am On Dec 19, 2015
I had similar issue with my first application; this the way I tackled mine
1) purpose of visit: I had to do another affidavit and added in the affidavit that my purpose of visit was solely for academic purpose
2) for travel history I had to attach my previous passport in my application so I suggest that if u have a old passport please attach it to your next application .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:25am On Dec 19, 2015
My sister's app had a course mismatch, my brother was a very complex applicant. Both their SOPs were excellent and we submitted convincing documents; TRVs granted. Agreed, the VO may not read one's SOP. But the probability that they would read it is higher if it is well writren, concise, and engaging. Based on your advice, both my siblings should have lied about their education and work experience on their applications in order to appear as simple applicants. I strongly disagree with this position for several reasons.

Bros, with all due respect you have been very valuable on this thread, but I think you should be wary of providing advice that is misleading, may encourage dishonesty, and is self-defeating.
No offense intended.
hayqinsbFX:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Lol, talking about honesty here is the preaching heaven and hell here.

What about the lies about having a mentally derailed brother as being the reason to study nursing.....is that honesty?

What about guys that get in country to change programs, why weren't they honest and apply for the visa with the real intended program and risk being denied hoping making an explanation in a SOP will bail them out.

See ehn!..Don't have an issue with my opinion, let the person involved make a decision.

I will say this anytime, do and say whatever it takes takes long as It lands you your visa.

NB I dont support forgery, fake documents , and the likes.
thesoj:
My sister's app had a course mismatch, my brother was a very complex applicant. Both their SOPs were excellent and we submitted convincing documents; TRVs granted. Agreed, the VO may not read one's SOP. But the probability that they would read it is higher if it is well writren, concise, and engaging. Based on your advice, both my siblings should have lied about their education and work experience on their applications in order to appear as simple applicants. I strongly disagree with this position for several reasons.

Bros, with all due respect you have been very valuable on this thread, but I think you should be wary of providing advice that is misleading, may encourage dishonesty, and is self-defeating.
No offense intended.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 6:46am On Dec 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

What were the grounds for denials.

These are the reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay.
* travel history
*immigration status in country of residence
*family ties
*current employment situation
*personal assets and financial status.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Actually, my primary disagreement with your advice is/was based on what I thought would be more effective, not dishonesty.
Dishonesty came to mind because in your subsequent comments you doubled down on your advice which in the first place I considered ineffective & unnecessary.

Also, I am not a moral absolutist; I mean this in the sense that while I'm always for honesty/morality/ethics, I also understand that there are times of extreme duress when absolutist moral rules need to be flouted while one still stays ethical or as close to that line as possible. For example, when the Nazis were killing Jews it was necessary for a good German to lie to the government in order to protect the Jewish neighbor hiding inside his/her home; this was the ethical decision to make. I also understand that life and death or survivalist situations create ethical dilemmas that don't have simple answers. Nigeria is a survivalist place (causing many ethical dilemmas) but we are too quick to take unnecessary (and mostly dishonest) shortcuts as the first line of action; I disagree with this approach.

Your advice encourages the applicant to take a seemingly easy shortcut, which will end up leading to having to fabricate more cover-up lies. It encourages the path of least resistance, which in this case is also not the best path.

This is my main issue with your advise, the ethics part of it is secondary though also important.
PS: my position is not based on religion, as I already have complex views on that lol.
hayqinsbFX:
Lol, talking about honesty here is the preaching heaven and hell here.
What about the lies about having a mentally derailed brother as being the reason to study nursing.....is that honesty?
What about guys that get in country to change programs, why weren't they honest and apply for the visa with the real intended program and risk being denied hoping making an explanation in a SOP will bail them out.
See ehn!..Don't have an issue with my opinion, let the person involved make a decision.
I will say this anytime, do and say whatever it takes takes long as It lands you your visa.
NB I dont support forgery, fake documents , and the likes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2015
Use [url=matrix.itasoftware.com]matrix.itasoftware.com[/url] to search for flights, and it will show you a map of fares over a large range of dates.
Once you identify your preferred flight(s), go to said flight's airline website (or office) to buy the ticket.

Egypt Air will only sell you a one-way ticket if you go to their office and they see your student visa.

Omonjoe:
Bro, pls can u drop the link nd processes u followed in booking for your flight?
I intend using Ethiopian airline or Egypt airline. Already seeing some hitches when I browsed through Ethiopian airline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2015
chiefolotu:

Sorry i'm here again. I wrote my statement of intent. the other 3 section how did go with that and any idea on Sample of Writing?

I sent u a PM. I really don't knw what u talking about, it's been a while I did mine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2015
Greetings @all, I am about to submit my application for my SP. Pls can anyone send me a sample of SOP? Thanx all. Email: talktobody@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Graphical:
All glory to the Lord Most High.

First Application online route: May 8th 2015
Denied: July 8th 2015

Second Application paper route: October 7th 2015
Approval Letter: 7th December 2015
TRV pick up: 18th December 2015.

One love all.

Congratulobia!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2015
I'm so glad seeing the testimonies of passport requests and TRV approval. Congrats to berexio1, Omonjoe, and Graphical. I believe God that more good news will grace this thread next week.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2015
@thesoj I appreciate you.

I believe my advice isn't as difficult as you think.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chiefolotu(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I sent u a PM. I really don't knw what u talking about, it's been a while I did mine

I just saw your PM. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by eller: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2015
morning,gurus pls i need urgent reply, NLanders can i use a corporate account where my dad and his partner are signatory to the account, with enough cash or my maternal uncle personal SOA though he has kept me waiting for over 2 weeks now with promises and no positive result,am i gud to go with the corporate account since there is enough cash in the account. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tundd80: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2015
I sibcerely appreciate all coments and responses. Please I dont want my issue to degenerate to arguement, I only need assistance and advise on how to request for gecms and afterward refire.
I graduated in 2002, I worked in mining company for 5years, and change job to banking. Now having 8years banking experience and even a business manager (marketing manager) of a branch in First bank. Had PGD Financial management in 2009.
Associate membership certificate of Institute of charter economics of Nigeria(ICEN) and Charterd institute of finance and control of nigeria (CIFCN)
Submitted adequate asset and financial documents
For home tie; I submitted mariage certificate, birth certificate of 3 children and photograph of the whole family.
Age; 35yrs
More advise please………

quote author=hayqinsbFX post=41136306]Okay o.....opinions are like assholes....We all have one....
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2015
Likewise bro! You were the first person to answer my questions on this thread, and I will always appreciate that. Your suggestion at the time inspired us to come up with a way to solve the insufficient funds issue my sister had with her app.

So, tell us about your TRV app na? I know u are working on it in the background... grin. How far with that? Pls mention or PM me if you need to brainstorm about your app, I owe you one. Also, pls don't get too jaded about the TRV process...e go beta.
hayqinsbFX:
@thesoj I appreciate you.

I believe my advice isn't as difficult as you think.......

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2015
Jaded bawo.....leaving it in God's hands.....not feelin too bothered...
thesoj:
Likewise bro! You were the first person to answer my questions on this thread, and I will always appreciate that. Your suggestion at the time inspired us to come up with a way to solve the insufficient funds issue my sister had with her app.

So, tell us about your TRV app na? I know u are working on it in the background... grin. How far with that? Pls mention or PM me if you need to brainstorm about your app, I owe you one. Also, pls don't get too jaded about the TRV process...e go beta.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rollindollar(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2015
PurpleG:

No, am not at Brandon. You can check the school's website for all the infos you need. BTW, am female.
thank you for the info,have done some research on the school website,and i got some useful tips,but the koko now na d money,but anyways God go provide....sorry ma'am..u know say na male plenty pass for here..that was why i assumed you're a male...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 10:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Your profile suit the expres entry program more than a study visa....itll take a lot t convince the VO you really need the knowlegde you intend to acquire
tundd80:
I sibcerely appreciate all coments and responses. Please I dont want my issue to degenerate to arguement, I only need assistance and advise on how to request for gecms and afterward refire.
I graduated in 2002, I worked in mining company for 5years, and change job to banking. Now having 8years banking experience and even a business manager (marketing manager) of a branch in First bank. Had PGD Financial management in 2009.
Associate membership certificate of Institute of charter economics of Nigeria(ICEN) and Charterd institute of finance and control of nigeria (CIFCN)
Submitted adequate asset and financial documents
For home tie; I submitted mariage certificate, birth certificate of 3 children and photograph of the whole family.
Age; 35yrs
More advise please………

quote author=hayqinsbFX post=41136306]Okay o.....opinions are like assholes....We all have one....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 11:14am On Dec 19, 2015
Omonjoe:
Go thru thr main site.. ethiopianairlines.com on your lappy. its straight forward

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.