Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040385 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
chiefolotu:
Hello my guys. I'm currently on my application. I'm applying for Masters in Political Science. I'm on a part that needs me to submit a Sample of Writing. Does anyone have an idea what a Sample of Writing is. what to write about. please i need info. thanks and God bless

Any of your academic writing is sufficient. It could be as simple as a term paper or a research proposal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=pampem post=41146877][/quote]
Hello my bro, WES is compulsory, I got my Admission for master there. I try to convince them about evaluation, they asked me to provide it. Which I did it and qualify for the grade point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

It might be because your permit in UAE is almost expired. Do you plan on renewing it or you are returning back to Nigeria? If you are returning back, you can apply once you get to Nigeria. If you are renewing it, wait for the renewal and then apply.

Thanks.
Am coming back. I would have to renew but the tie.
And pls, which is the best way to apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sharonlass10(f): 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
Good day all. Thanks all for useful info. Pls I need u guys to put me through, Can I change my college and course? For the college, I got a cheaper one and the course, I could get more documents on it.

Note: I was denied before (Dec 16, 2015) paper application, in my country of resident (UAE).

Suggestions are highly welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2015
Sharonlass10:

Thanks.
Am coming back. I would have to renew but the tie.
And pls, which is the best way to apply?

I don't know which is best but all my friends and I applied through the online tire since it doesn't require too much documentation. That said, if you are renewing your residence permit, I suggest you apply from UAE since you are legally living there. During my time, I applied from the U.S. and it was approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lovedb: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Pls urgent reply needed.
Gurus and those presently at University of Manitoba how did you pay your tuition into the students account from Nigeria? Help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rollindollar(m): 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
PurpleG:

You are welcome. Canada schools are quite expensive, and BU is the cheapest I have come across. @chops33 schools in BU, you can ask him about the school and brandon city. God will provide. Goodluck
yea,they're expensive o my sister...i think i have to forgo my motive of studying at canada for now coz of the financial stuff ...maybe after my undergraduate studies sha..btw do u mean i should ask chops about the school and the city
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dejilale: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
Please I need ur help here,
I read Textile Design in a federal university here in and I also apply for a 2years Diploma program in Textile Design at New Brunswich College of Craft and Design(NBCCD) and I have been accepted also but the it is not a degree certificate that will be awarded, it is until I finish d 2years program and go for a year program that I will be awarded a (B.sc). Pls I hope I will be given a visa since it relates to my undergraduate program but its not a degree program? What should I include in my documents In this kind of program? Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chiefolotu(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=bamjay post=41159396][/quote]

Applying for masters in political sciences. they require sample of writing in the application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chiefolotu(m): 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

Any of your academic writing is sufficient. It could be as simple as a term paper or a research proposal.

Is there a way i can contact you directly to get better knowledge? Or can i just write a topic on the application then proceed. or i need to write on a topic?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
berexio1:
Who is heading to Toronto on the 30th Dec...I just saw what seem to be the cheapest after 25th dec. Anyone interested in travelling on the 30th with Ethiopian airlines for 251k, 1 stop. Holla me!
Egypt would be cheaper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Xchic: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=Leakingbasket post=41068497]Thank you Jesus... Still very hopeful. I tracked my application now and it says it has been dispatched without approval mail in my box. I am still hopeful. It is well.[/quote

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dazlinga: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
[quote author=Xchic post=41163737][/quote]

When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Anniola: 12:41am On Dec 20, 2015
Please house! Who is heading to Mohawk college this winter or is already a student at Mohawk college. I need to make friends. If you send me your number or email I will contact you. Thanks guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Xchic: 12:42am On Dec 20, 2015
Applied 8th october, did medicals 22nd , my third application saw disppacted mail today. Really really hopeful

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Anniola: 1:00am On Dec 20, 2015
Hello, I am new here. I have been accepted to mohawk college PGC in international business for 2016. Is there any1 going to Mohawk January or a student there, pls I need ur help, tnx. It would be of great help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 1:58am On Dec 20, 2015
chiefolotu:

Is there a way i can contact you directly to get better knowledge? Or can i just write a topic on the application then proceed. or i need to write on a topic?

You can submit one of your undergraduate term papers however, you must review it to ensure it meets up with the requirements of a standard term paper.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 3:38am On Dec 20, 2015
niyiguy:
if you submitted application in the month of November, please kindly join this trend to track and know those who they have attended to for November.

I submitted November 10th, Online Route.
Did biometrics November 10th.
No upfront medical, awaiting Medical Request.

Tell us about yours.

Compliment of the season. Positive TRV to all applicants

@Niyiguy...
I applied 24th November paper route
Biometric 24th November
No Upfront Medicals

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 5:37am On Dec 20, 2015
gabrola:
Egypt would be cheaper
No its not. I doubt if u would find available sef for 30th plus I like the arrival time for Ethiopian Airlines. 7.25am
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 6:11am On Dec 20, 2015
obaraima:
Pls how long does it take for a processed passport to get to vfs after it has been dispatched?
Just go to vfs after 7 days to pick it up, to be on a safe side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 6:12am On Dec 20, 2015
berexio1:
No its not. I doubt if u would find available sef for 30th plus I like the arrival time for Ethiopian Airlines. 7.25am
Are u buying a return ticket or one way because I bought a return ticket for 322k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2015
airhunde:

Are u buying a return ticket or one way because I bought a return ticket for 322k
No. 1-way..No agent should cajole u into buying a return..Are u going with Ethiopian airlines for 30th?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:36am On Dec 20, 2015
Lovedb:
Pls urgent reply needed.
Gurus and those presently at University of Manitoba how did you pay your tuition into the students account from Nigeria? Help
University of Manitoba accepts payment through Western union transfer. Check out the link to find out how.http://umanitoba.ca/student/elc/globalpay-info.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2015
berexio1:
Who is heading to Toronto on the 30th Dec...I just saw what seem to be the cheapest after 25th dec. Anyone interested in travelling on the 30th with Ethiopian airlines for 251k, 1 stop. Holla me!
I'll be leaving 30th too to Winnipeg. Though my route is Lagos-addis ababa-toronto-winnipeg. So we should be on the same flight to Toronto cos I noticed our arrival time is same. Have you submitted your passport already?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 6:48am On Dec 20, 2015
Hello house
Anyone heading to Thompson rivers university kamploops this winter ?
I just got my trv on Monday on second attempt

Document submitted

Personal document
1. Affidavit of return
2. Police clearance report
3. Proficiency letter from my former school
4. Guarantee letter of return from my uncles company stating that there is a vacancy for me on my return and the company certificate of incorporation
5. Previous passport and new passport
6. Transcripts and certificates
7. Population commission birth certifcate
8. Local government of origin certificate

Sponsor document
1. Affidavit of sponsorship
2. Bank reference letter
3. Bank statement with 7.5m
4. Employer reference letter
5. Employment letter
6. Payslip
7. Proof of assets

On family
I submitted a copy of their voters card, national id card and international passport data page
It was a mixture but u can add their birth certificate if can because that's what was required

Available fund filled was 40,000CAD
Room and board 5,000CAD
School fees 8,401CAD

No Statement of purpose
Undergraduate course business information systems
I also have diploma in information system analysis and design
Applied for postgraduate diploma in international business

It was God all the way and all praise is returned to him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2015
obiscolly:

I'll be leaving 30th too to Winnipeg. Though my route is Lagos-addis ababa-toronto-winnipeg. So we should be on the same flight to Toronto cos I noticed our arrival time is same. Have you submitted your passport already?
Nice, hopefully we shud be in thesame flight. I have made reservations. I noticed they will get to dublin,Ireland before heading finally to toronto. Just an hour wait tho. Will drop my PP on moday. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=Xchic post=41163737][/quote]

Good morning, I guess it's the new trend of not sending approval mail cuz of maybe the Christmas rush hour. Why won't they give you TRV after 3rd application nd you where also called for medicals. Where you ever called for medicals in your previous attempts? My hopes are really high of getting the TRV now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 7:24am On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=Lovedb post=41160499]

when did u apply?u have been giving admission already?wen is your resumptipn date? is it undergraduate or graduate program?thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kaygreen(m): 7:24am On Dec 20, 2015
I noticed no1 via paper route got an approval mail this week. So it might just be the trend. We all gonna Smile this new week. The TRV is our Christmas gift. Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by leemond(m): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2015
kaygreen:
I noticed no1 via paper route got an approval mail this week. So it might just be the trend. We all gonna Smile this new week. The TRV is our Christmas gift. Amen!
AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Deposit Money Banks have commenced a process to stop all customers from using their payment cards, popularly known as Automated Teller Machine cards, for dollar-denominated transactions when they travel abroad with effect from January 1, 2016.

SUNDAY PUNCH’s investigation also revealed the banks would not allow their customers to use naira-denominated ATM cards locally for transactions denominated in forex.

This means bank customers will not be able to use their cards to buy products from foreign e-commerce sites like e-bay and amazon.com in which payments are made in forex.

The development follows the lingering scarcity of foreign exchange, especially the dollar, to settle obligations arising from customers’ use of the ATM cards for forex-denominated transactions.

Already, Standard Chartered Bank has notified its customers that from January 1, 2016, they will not be able to use their naira-denominated ATM cards for transactions that are denominated in foreign currencies, either locally or when they travel abroad.

In a notice to its customers, Standard Chartered said, “This is to notify you that from January 1, 2016, your naira card will no longer be enabled for international use. This is as a result of the limited foreign exchange supply in the financial market.”

Asked how long the suspension of cards from international transactions would be, the spokesperson for Standard Chartered Nigeria, Mrs. Dayo Adurogbo, said, “We cannot give a definite date. It depends on how soon it is available. We will do everything to meet our customers’ demand once it is available.”

Further findings showed that a number of other banks had stopped customers from using their ATM cards abroad but had yet to officially communicate this to them.

Some customers told our correspondent that when they notified their banks of plans to travel and the need to enable their cards work overseas, they were simply informed that the cards could not be enabled for now due to issues relating to forex scarcity.

SUNDAY PUNCH findings showed others banks might issue notices similar to that of Standard Chartered Bank before the end of the year.

“We had some discussions recently and some top bank officials said they would stop customers from using their naira-denominated cards for international transactions due to the serious challenges in getting forex to settle their international partners,” a top bank official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, said on Friday.

The current situation means customers travelling abroad for Christmas and New Year may face severe payment challenges, a situation that may mar their shopping plans.

The fall in prices of crude oil, the main earner of foreign exchange for Nigeria, has made the nation’s forex income to reduce drastically, creating dollar scarcity crisis for the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The CBN has been rationing dollar to banks, importers and other forex users as the nation’s foreign exchange reserves continue to deplete, hitting $29.4bn on December 7, 2015.

The PUNCH had exclusively reported on Thursday that banks had cut the amount that their customers could spend using their debit and credit cards abroad by between 70 and 90 per cent. This took effect during the first week of December for the majority of the banks.

Specifically, banks cut customers’ card spending in foreign currencies from the annual $50,000 allowed by the CBN to between $5,000 and $15,000.

According to findings by our correspondent, Ecobank Nigeria Plc has reduced its limit from $50,000 to $5,000, with a maximum of $500 monthly and $100 daily expenditure.

Skye Bank Plc, in a notice to its customers via email, also slashed its international card spending limit from $50,000 to $12,000 annually, a maximum of $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Wema Bank Plc also slashed spending on its payment cards from $50,000 to $10,000 annually, $1,000 monthly and $100 daily.

Although other banks have yet to confirm their new international card spending limits, findings by our correspondent revealed that the new limits for most of them ranged from $5,000 to $15,000 annually, and $500 to $1,000 monthly.

http://www.punchng.com/banks-stop-use-of-atm-cards-abroad/

Hmm, how do we pay for services now? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.