Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038712 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 8:26am On Dec 22, 2015
emifemimi:

Congrats bro grin . These mid Nov applicants I don't jst gerrit oo, TRV sharperly grin

Me too I'm surprised. please house is it abnormal not to get a biometrics update after biometrics? 4 weeks after biometrics, what should the status update really be at the biometrics option?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by habbeysax: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2015
Royat1:
I have my transcript with me though, but their are much error their, coz I scanned it and sent it to them. I actually applied as a transfer student . So University of Regina sent a message to me today when I called them to track the status of my application that I should send my official transcript that they are much discrepancies their which is true. Uni Ilorin made a mistake on the part of my name.

hi unilorites....finish from Ilorin also. sorry does this Regina waive English Language proficiency test for Master program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 8:28am On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=MichaelFinn post=41226307]Hello People,

I see a lot of TRV are coming through this period. I guess the storm is calm now unlike August-September when people were been refused after medicals. I pray that as more of you apply your application would come with God Speed and will be hassle free.

For those of you coming to the cold regions in Canada this winter period, I admonish you to baff-up (Get as much winter gear as you can). No jokes people the cold is real. Frostbite is not friendly. Also, its winter solstice (its gets dark at 4:30PM and the sun doesn't rise till 7:30AM). You know how in Nigeria we're already tired and ready to go to bed once its dark outside? LOL!

Bross abeg throw more light about this winter period make man no go die o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by habbeysax: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2015
habbeysax:
can anybody recommend a school with a graduate studies that wave any form of English language test and has spring intake thanks

gurus in the house. please answer my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2015
please house is it abnormal not to get a biometrics update after biometrics? 4 weeks after biometrics, what should the status update really be at the biometrics option?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vinci500: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2015
Yes they do!
habbeysax:

hi unilorites....finish from Ilorin also. sorry does this Regina waive English Language proficiency test for Master program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2015
bugzi:

Me too I'm surprised. please house is it abnormal not to get a biometrics update after biometrics? 4 weeks after biometrics, what should the status update really be at the biometrics option?
u app is faulty my guy.. Cos after online payment comes biometric letter. It doesn't take up to 5mins to come..maximum of 1day at most
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 8:42am On Dec 22, 2015
igwenunsa:
pinkcandy97

pinkcandy97 please did you applied on 20th of oct and is your program an Msc or PGD? What route..paper or online?

28th October and it's UG , paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 8:57am On Dec 22, 2015
Zim5050:
u app is faulty my guy.. Cos after online payment comes biometric letter. It doesn't take up to 5mins to come..maximum of 1day at most

I got the biometrics letter. I mean after biometrics, will there be an update to the status of the application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2015
ojayyy:
Hello,i still haven't received any update on biometrics.dont know what to do anymore and my representative keep saying it's normal that it happens sometimes. It was 4weeks on Friday. Don't knw what to do anymore
Sorry about that Ojayyy. I think there might have been an error while filling your forms. I actually don't know if a case enquiry would suffice here or if you should just wait and hope for the best.
I had such an issue in my first application. Received biometrics mail a month after submission (online). The application was eventually denied (not implying yours will be though, keep an open mind).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2015
bugzi:

I got the biometrics letter. I mean after biometrics, will there be an update to the status of the application?
if is paper route no but if online I think u should (yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2015
bugzi:
please house is it abnormal not to get a biometrics update after biometrics? 4 weeks after biometrics, what should the status update really be at the biometrics option?

You would get an update yea,but your biometrics status is still going to state "not needed at this time"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
I actually wanted to make this a pleasant surprise but it turned out the opposite.
I was denied last week for the second time after medicals (no medicals the first time, got a request not upfront for the second) had been passed.
So I'm asking everyone here tall, short, long, (you get the picture) to offer their suggestions and input to help me move forward. Thanks in advance.
Reasons were:
Travel history
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
Personal assets/finance

After my first denial which had so much issues (wasn't in a balanced frame of mind when I applied. Was mentally stretched due to work pressure that I even put the wrong digits as my student number) I envisaged possible reasons I could be denied for and tackled all the reasons for denial in my first application.
I have a virgin passport and I'm in my late twenties. Male, unmarried and without children. My first app was denied for finances (sponsors/mine), personal assets/finances, travel history and other; that I didn't prove I was a student.
Second app, I boosted my finances, added my FD statement, added property belonging to my deceased dad with valuation showing on the document (3m+) (no will though), got a more buoyant sponsor (different from first app), employment letter, work id, pension statement, added my student ID (received this during my first app), added family picture and details in my forms, itemised all my documents and worked tremendously on my SOP (hard to say if it was read) detailing my aims, why I want to study (it's a PGC in Global Business and it relates with my work history. Been working 3 years), what I plan to do on my return (venture into business), etc.
To cut the long story short, I was still denied for the reasons;
Travel history
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
Personal assets/finance

My plan is to relaunch immediately with the same documents and add few documents (refire might imply I'm using a rifle, Applying a torpedo this time grin).
Please note, I do not have a job waiting for me. I do not have land and don't subscribe to quickly buying a 50k land in some distant village or entering Ghana and returning. I want this but I'm not so desperate to do anything it takes. If honesty is still a virtue, I believe it will get me there.
My plan is to include a personal affidavit stating my intention to study/return after studies, get a recommendation letter from my community chairman attesting to my character, desire to study and intention to return after studies and letter of clarification stating changes made to tackle denial reasons/imploring VO I really want to study.
School resumes middle of January and I'm envisaging a response (banking on it to be positive) latest January ending. Worst case scenario, I resume late.
Please I need input from as many people as possible. Your thoughts in writing is the most important thing to me. Thank you and sorry about the long post. Forgive my silliness.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Thoughts on personal assets, travel history, purpose of visit, length of proposed study, family ties.

I have observed that apart from verifying finances‎ and deciphering if an applicants' true intention is to study, the next most important thing VOs take seriously is if the applicant will return to his/her home country after studies (not like they want to you to really go once you step on their soil though) and this is why they require proof of assets/property etc. especially for applicants who are mature or have been working for a while.
I have also noticed that the following reasons for denial are connected: Travel history (mostly for applicants with virgin passport), purpose of visit, length of proposed stay and personal assets/finances. All these reasons all scream "Flight risk"‎ upon introspection. 
Since not every applicant will have the means to purchase land/property, I have come to conclude that other mediums could be used (and are being used although not remarkably noticeable) to tackle these factors especially personal assets/finances‎ (this reason is sometimes ticked even if you have and produced assets worth millions especially if the applicant is of marriageable age, employed but unmarried and without children). It would seem some VOs don't even consider immediate family i.e parents and siblings, a strong home tie.
So in such a situation, an applicant can include an affidavit to his/her application stating his/her intention is to study and s/he will return after studies. 
The applicant can also get people of note (or members of organisations/community where s/he resides) to attest to his/her character in writing (recommendation letter) and attest that s/he will return after studies.
Further input on this will be most welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2015
seiraries:
Hello everyone,
I actually wanted to make this a pleasant surprise but it turned out the opposite.
I was denied last week for the second time after medicals (no medicals the first time, got a request not upfront for the second) had been passed.
So I'm asking everyone here tall, short, long, (you get the picture) to offer their suggestions and input to help me move forward. Thanks in advance.
Reasons were:
Travel history
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
Personal assets/finance

After my first denial which had so much issues (wasn't in a balanced frame of mind when I applied. Was mentally stretched due to work pressure that I even put the wrong digits as my student number) I envisaged possible reasons I could be denied for and tackled all the reasons for denial in my first application.
I have a virgin passport and I'm in my late twenties. Male, unmarried and without children. My first app was denied for finances (sponsors/mine), personal assets/finances, travel history and other; that I didn't prove I was a student.
Second app, I boosted my finances, added my FD statement, added property belonging to my deceased dad with valuation showing on the document (3m+) (no will though), got a more buoyant sponsor (different from first app), employment letter, work id, pension statement, added my student ID (received this during my first app), added family picture and details in my forms, itemised all my documents and worked tremendously on my SOP (hard to say if it was read) detailing my aims, why I want to study (it's a PGC in Global Business and it relates with my work history. Been working 3 years), what I plan to do on my return (venture into business), etc.
To cut the long story short, I was still denied for the reasons;
Travel history
Family ties
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
Personal assets/finance

My plan is to relaunch immediately with the same documents and add few documents (refire might imply I'm using a rifle, Applying a torpedo this time grin).
Please note, I do not have a job waiting for me. I do not have land and don't subscribe to quickly buying a 50k land in some distant village or entering Ghana and returning. I want this but I'm not so desperate to do anything it takes. If honesty is still a virtue, I believe it will get me there.
My plan is to include a personal affidavit stating my intention to study/return after studies, get a recommendation letter from my community chairman attesting to my character, desire to study and intention to return after studies and letter of clarification stating changes made to tackle denial reasons/imploring VO I really want to study.
School resumes middle of January and I'm envisaging a response (banking on it to be positive) latest January ending. Worst case scenario, I resume late.
Please I need input from as many people as possible. Your thoughts in writing is the most important thing to me. Thank you and sorry about the long post. Forgive my silliness.

Please you need to add the following documents
1. Add affidavit of sponsorship for your sponsor
2. Affidavit of fact or return for youyrself
3. Police clearance report
4. Birth certificate for all your family member included in the family information form. Ensure u use national population commission birth certificate.
5. If u have old passport please add it
6. Your sponsor should also get a reference letter from his company stating is position at the company,annual earning and gross earning, and when he was employed
7. U also have to get a reference letter from your employer stating your position, job description, annual earning and gross earning
8. Add at least three months payslip for your self and also your sponsor.
9. Get reference letter from your bank and your sponsor bank
10. Add d data page of your sponsor international passport and also birth certificate preferably national population certificate of birth
11. If u can get a study leave letter from your company add it biko
12. Please the landed property document you will add should be either in your name or your sponsors name so please take out your father's land document if it is not in your name
Or better still u can do a certificate of ownership on the land stating it as an inherited property
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bencheda: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2015
Our approval mail for october applicant is gonna be our chrismas gift watch and see

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=bencheda post=41236510]Our approval mail for october applicant is gonna be our chrismas gift watch and see Amen dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2015
Joe980:
@Khalesi... I am still coming for my crayfish oo. Hope you are settling in well?

Yes o doing well just that after a -8degC encounter I've been confined indoors. Your crayfish is waiting.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vinci500: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Confined indoors? Don't do that...this is the perfect time for some skiing adventures!
Khalesi:

Yes o doing well just that after a -8degC encounter I've been confined indoors. Your crayfish is waiting.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
habbeysax:

I really don't know. But since you completed your BSc in uni Ilorin it should be waived coz ur coursed what's taught in English. Not sure sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Which school are you applying to?
[quote author=habbeysax post=41190846][/quote]

[quote author=ceemac post=41182018]

I already applied. Infact have send 2/3 of the required documents before I realised that I have to get a supervisor. I have emailed some supervisor this weekend anyway and also contact the admin unit of the department am applying too to get if they could assigned any supervisor to me since am ready to accept any research based that comes my way.
I hope this okay ? please advice

and again I am applied for spring intake. am I safe with these
your advice please
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mrtobbiemillz: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
@Mizbaby @iyaejima i learnt that its better i get a supervisor before i start applying so i contacted 2 supervisors at the uni of manitoba and I'm yet to get a reply from any of them and so I've not even started my application. Though i tried to apply at uni of sask before cos my brova is in the school but the professors in my research field said they re unable to accept any graduate students for now. I'm looking forward to fall 2016 resumption but since I've not gotten a supervisor, i dunno what to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PeteObaz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=igwenunsa post=41236953][/quote]
Igwenunsa wen did u apply nd wat route pls?... Any medical passed update nd wen?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
PeteObaz l applied on 20th of Oct, papaer route and i did upfront medical and you know it is only the approval or dispatch mail that anyone who applyied paper route can receive and not update on medicals..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PeteObaz(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
igwenunsa:
PeteObaz l applied on 20th of Oct, papaer route and i did upfront medical and you know it is only the approval or dispatch mail that anyone who applyied paper route can receive and not update on medicals..
I applied on the 20th too.. But online... Av u sent a mail to the accra visa office?...its over two months now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
=PeteObaz i applied on October 20 and i used paper route and i did upfront medicals and i don't think that paper route normally get update on medical pass or not and i know what paper route will receive will be either approval or dispatch maill.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=mrtobbiemillz post=41243795]
i wld advice you email as many professors as possible so as to increase your chances of getting a supervisor. 2 professors MAY NOT suffice. just saying. goodluck with ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mrtobbiemillz: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=bamjay post=41246244][/quote]
Thank you very much o
I also contacted 3 other professors at uni of alberta too, one replied and said NO but I'm still waiting to hear from them all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
mrtobbiemillz:

Thank you very much o
I also contacted 3 other professors at uni of alberta too, one replied and said NO but I'm still waiting to hear from them all

If you are applying for fall 2016, it's still early for the professors to be occupied. So the problem was with your profile. Send me a pm. I would like to see a copy of the email you sent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goffy2k: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Okay CIC has done well. I raise my hand for them. But I must win the next match. Compliment of the season all.

Paper route:

19 October submitted and Biometrics
9 Nov Medical done
10 Dec denial mail.

Doc submitted:

Cic document
Uni certificate
Nysc
Transcript
Resume
Letter of employment
Letter of recommendation for employer
I work for Ericsson salary is 5.6M per annum
SOP
Paystub
My land documentx2

Sponsors:
CAC
CofO
SOA 233M turn over and closing balance of 15M
Another SOA of 20M turn over and 6M closing balanace
Siblings ID card.
Mind you my sponsor is my sister hubby. So i submitted birth certificate and Marriage certificate.

Purpose of denial

Travel history
Purpose of visit
Personal Asset

Undergraduate Course: Computer science
5years working exp with huawei and Ericsson
PGD Course: Wireless telecoms.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.