Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038256 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
yungbill:

Please you need to add the following documents
1. Add affidavit of sponsorship for your sponsor
2. Affidavit of fact or return for youyrself
3. Police clearance report
4. Birth certificate for all your family member included in the family information form. Ensure u use national population commission birth certificate.
5. If u have old passport please add it
6. Your sponsor should also get a reference letter from his company stating is position at the company,annual earning and gross earning, and when he was employed
7. U also have to get a reference letter from your employer stating your position, job description, annual earning and gross earning
8. Add at least three months payslip for your self and also your sponsor.
9. Get reference letter from your bank and your sponsor bank
10. Add d data page of your sponsor international passport and also birth certificate preferably national population certificate of birth
11. If u can get a study leave letter from your company add it biko
12. Please the landed property document you will add should be either in your name or your sponsors name so please take out your father's land document if it is not in your name
Or better still u can do a certificate of ownership on the land stating it as an inherited property

Thank you so much Yungbill. I really do appreciate your help.
I actually added everything you mentioned here or their equivalent.
Only documents I omitted was affidavit of return (which I mentioned earlier I would add), study leave (my job is contract based therefore study leave or promise of future employment are out of it); I don't have an old passport, the property is an apartment and the process to transfer ownership takes years (discussed with a lawyer).
Thanks once again for your assistance. Your ideas have been helpful. I will give it my best shot once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hey people, to God be the glory. I was delayed the second time. Just like someone said on here, the VO’s reasons for denial according to the refusal letter is not what is meant to be. I think its solely that the VO believe one wouldn’t come back after studies.
Please people how do I tackle this….

First denial

Travel history
length of proposed stay
purpose of visit
your current employment situation.
personal asset and finance.

Second denial

Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence.
Purpose of Visit
Your personal asset and financial status.

I don’t know what to do to this people ooh….. abeg make una help a brother.
I was able to tackle every problem from the first refusal, but I don’t know why they came up with this new reasons which where satisfied in the first application.

Please, how do you guy think I should tackle this problem this time around.
Mind you, I paid almost 12K fees this time, sponsors account… dad was 7 M… mom was 4.something. I included enough documents that are good to go including family pictures.
Just that I did not include my deed of assignment of my land, which I added in the first application.
Please you guys should help ooooooooooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
peterobaz...please what response have you gotten from them since you applied or have you gotten your TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goffy2k: 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Okay CIC has done well. I raise my hand for them. But I must win the next match. Compliment of the season all.

Paper route:

19 October submitted and Biometrics
9 Nov Medical done
10 Dec denial mail.

Doc submitted:

Cic document 
Uni certificate
Nysc
Transcript
Resume
Letter of employment 
Letter of recommendation for employer 
I work for Ericsson salary is 5.6M per annum
SOP
Paystub
My land documentx2

Sponsors:
CAC
CofO
SOA 233M turn over and closing balance of 15M
Another SOA of 20M turn over and 6M closing balanace
Siblings ID card.
Mind you my sponsor is my sister hubby. So i submitted birth certificate and Marriage certificate.

Purpose of denial

Travel history 
Purpose of visit
Personal Asset

Undergraduate Course: Computer science 
5years working exp with huawei and Ericsson
PGD Course: Wireless telecoms. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
goffy2k:
Okay CIC has done well. I raise my hand for them. But I must win the next match. Compliment of the season all.

Paper route:

19 October submitted and Biometrics
9 Nov Medical done
10 Dec denial mail.

Doc submitted:

Cic document
Uni certificate
Nysc
Transcript
Resume
Letter of employment
Letter of recommendation for employer
I work for Ericsson salary is 5.6M per annum
SOP
Paystub
My land documentx2

Sponsors:
CAC
CofO
SOA 233M turn over and closing balance of 15M
Another SOA of 20M turn over and 6M closing balanace
Siblings ID card.
Mind you my sponsor is my sister hubby. So i submitted birth certificate and Marriage certificate.

Purpose of denial

Travel history
Purpose of visit
Personal Asset

Undergraduate Course: Computer science
5years working exp with huawei and Ericsson
PGD Course: Wireless telecoms.
Ur case is so similar to mine. Throw in another application, u will get it. Make sure u are consistent and do more to convince them in terms of adding more documents to support ur app and SOP.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Leakingbasket:
Hey people, to God be the glory. I was delayed the second time. Just like someone said on here, the VO’s reasons for denial according to the refusal letter is not what is meant to be. I think its solely that the VO believe one wouldn’t come back after studies.

First denial

Travel history
length of proposed stay
purpose of visit

Second denial

Purpose of Visit

I was able to tackle every problem from the first refusal, but I don’t know why they came up with this new reasons which where satisfied in the first application.

Mind you, I paid almost 12K fees this time, sponsors account… dad was 7 M… mom was 4.something. I included enough documents that are good to go including family pictures.
Just that I did not include my deed of assignment of my land, which I added in the first application.
Let the house know more about ur profile. Are u going for UG or PG studies?,wat course at UG did us study?What course are u going for?

Yes, I agree with you that the Overall VO's perception about anyone's app is what directs him to begin to tick reasons, even if some of the reasons will not make any sense to the applicant. It is good to pass across to the VO as much as you can a good application devoid of suspicions or redflags.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PeteObaz(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
igwenunsa:
i have not sent them an email. please have you gotten yours or any.news..can we connect either on facebook or whatsapp...08037583137. give me your number so i will add you now..and let me email them right away
I sent a mail to dem but no reply since... I got my medical passed update november 27th or thereabout.I initially sent them a mail b4 i got my medical passed update and i was told then that my application was in queue to be attended to....lets b hopeful...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 7:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please people, I just opened an account with gtb bank and my master card is not yet ready and due to the public holiday dnt think it will be ready before my trip.. My flight is for 29th.. Bosses what do I do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
ugonnachimezie54:
Please people, I just opened an account with gtb bank and
my master card is not yet ready and due to the public
holiday dnt think it will be ready before my trip.. My flight
is for 29th.. Bosses what do I do
Go to gtb 2mao..ask them maybe any of your relatives can collect it for you..let them knw you are travelling and u will need the card asap...if any of your relatives can collect it for u then they will send it to you via dhl and co.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
ohaveez:

Go to gtb 2mao..ask them maybe any of your relatives can collect it for you..let them knw you are travelling and u will need the card asap...if any of your relatives can collect it for u then they will send it to you via dhl and co.

Hmmmm, that one will now take extra 7working days for it to get to Canada.. Won't DHL and Co go for Christmas break

Guess ur flight is for 30th yea.. Wah province u heading tew
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
berexio1:
Let the house know more about ur profile. Are u going for UG or PG studies?,wat course at UG did us study?What course are u going for?

Yes, I agree with you that the Overall VO's perception about anyone's app is what directs him to begin to tick reasons, even if some of the reasons will not make any sense to the applicant. It is good to pass across to the VO as much as you can a good application devoid of suspicions or redflags.

Cheers!

Thanks for your response bro.... I did business management in my UG and I applied for PG marketing management. Seneca college.
Also my program is for fall and winter only.... If I decide to refire for fall next year.. Sept.. do you think January is too early for me to apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ojayyy: 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Bro/sis you better get your login details and check your portal yourself. It is possible a mistake was made on your application OR are you a citizen of a country where biometrics is not required or you are not within the age bracket? (Read this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp)

Most people here get medicals after 5 weeks of submitting their application. That is what you should be expecting now and not a biometrics mail!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SammyVee: 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello all, been reading most threads and it's been enlightening.

Went through an agent.
Paper Route
Biometrics: 21 October
Medical mail with stamped passport: 9 November
Medicals done: 10 November
Denial mail: 15 December.

Reasons:
Travel history, family ties, length of stay, personal and financial assets.

My course of study has just 2 admission times, January and September, so, will defer my admission to September 2016 and try again.

Please how soon can I try again. Thanks all. Any additional suggestions are welcomed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Leakingbasket:

First denial

Travel history
length of proposed stay
purpose of visit

Second denial

Purpose of Visit

Your issue can easily be solved by adding the sponsor affidavit that they will support u financially throughout the duration of study in canada

And u also adding in ur affidavit that ur purpose of visit is solely for academic purpose

For family tie add birth certifcate of all your family member listed in your family information
Form. Preferably national population commission birth certificate

Finally what exactly did u write in your study permit questionnaire?
And how did u explain your study gap
If your answer there is not convincing it can lead to denial
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
SammyVee:

Went through an agent.
Paper Route

Reasons:

My course of study has just 2 admission times, January and September, so, will defer my admission to September 2016 and try again.

Please how soon can I try again. Thanks all. Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

Pls kindly list all d documents u attached to ur application because that will help u addressing ur issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
yungbill:

Your issue can easily be solved by adding the sponsor affidavit that they will support u financially throughout the duration of study in canada

And u also adding in ur affidavit that ur purpose of visit is solely for academic purpose

For family tie add birth certifcate of all your family member listed in your family information
Form. Preferably national population commission birth certificate

Finally what exactly did u write in your study permit questionnaire?
And how did u explain your study gap
If your answer there is not convincing it can lead to denial

Thanks bro... I will add the birth certificate of my siblings like you said....
Please can you explain that study gap properly to know if I stated the right thing... I graduated last year... completed my NYSC July... but been working with the company before going for my NYSC and upon completion I resumed back at same company. Does that mean there's a gap... because I remember saying, I dont have any gap..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goffy2k: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
@berexio1 the funniest thing is that i provided prove for all those things ticked. So painful but they only delayed me from going this winter am going to get my TRV from my next application even God has signed.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SammyVee: 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
yungbill:

Pls kindly list all d documents u attached to ur application because that will help u addressing ur issue

A good SOP, letter of admission with evidence of part payment of tuition fees, transcript, NYSC discharge certificate,
Employment letter and training certificate, national population commission certificate, WAEC results. Certificate of origin,
Affidavit of support from sponsor stating that funds will be available, sponsors passport data page, parents data pages, sister's voters
Card, sponsors national population commission birth certificate.

Sponsor: uncle. Same surname.
Memo from company stating position and total employee cost. 15m (works with a known oil coy)
6 months pay slip
Salary account from January to September
Pension account statement
Annual individual statement of account from Luxembourg
Savings account statement from France,
Documents of two landed properties worth lots of millions.
I guess that's all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ohaveez(m): 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=ugonnachimezie54 post=41250542]

Hmmmm, that one will now take extra 7working days for it to get to Canada.. Won't DHL and Co go for Christmas break

Guess ur flight is for 30th yea.. Wah province u heading tew[/quo
My flight is 25th...will chill a week in toronto b4 I head to sarnia fot school...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Leakingbasket(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
goffy2k:
@berexio1 the funniest thing is that i provided prove for all those things ticked. So painful but they only delayed me from going this winter am going to get my TRV from my next application even God has signed.

smiling big... I like this ur ginger ooooo. I think the VO that attended to oct 19th apps didn't calm down at all. I swear I just noticed he or she included someone elses questionaire along side with mine in my returned app. Na wa ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Leakingbasket:

Thanks bro... I will add the birth certificate of my siblings like you said....
Please can you explain that study gap properly to know if I stated the right thing... I graduated last year... completed my NYSC July... but been working with the company before going for my NYSC and upon completion I resumed back at same company. Does that mean there's a gap... because I remember saying, I dont have any gap..

You don't have a gap
But u don't just I have to write I have no gap

U have to explain what u just explained to me in the that section

That is
I graduated or wrote my final exams in June 2014
After which I went for mandatory national service in july 2014 and I completed it in July 2015

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
SammyVee:

Went through an agent.
Paper Route

Reasons:

Pls how do u mean denial mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
January is not too early...its almost all eprfect time sef....
Il sugest you request for your gcms file so as to know the exact reason for refusal.

It pays so you won't fly blindly....
U myt actuall submit same time and get it next time
Leakingbasket:

Thanks for your response bro.... I did business management in my UG and I applied for PG marketing management. Seneca college.
Also my program is for fall and winter only.... If I decide to refire for fall next year.. Sept.. do you think January is too early for me to apply?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by segunoyaf: 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
emifemimi:

Congrats bro grin . These mid Nov applicants I don't jst gerrit oo, TRV sharperly grin

Thanks @emifemimi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Just checked MyCic and found that my application has been approved and closed without email and letter of introduction. I submitted my passport yesterday.
Should I still expect the intro letter from them or how shld I go about it?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by post2be: 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello house!, I need some clarifications and words of advice, I work as an environmental technologist, I want to go for a one year general certificate program in Environmental science in Mount royal University, I have contacted the School, they said I could apply for fall 2016. I'm a University degree holder in Microbiology but this program is not a graduate certificate program, it's strictly for those working in or have the job experience in Environmental field. My questions are: Should I go ahead and apply, if I finally got admission and applied for my visa by February ending, is that too early since the program starts September, 2016. Please I would need your contributions, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Omonjoe:
Just checked MyCic and found that my application has been approved and closed without email and letter of introduction. I submitted my passport yesterday.
Should I still expect the intro letter from them or how shld I go about it?
Congratulations I think you will get your letter together with your stamped passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by goffy2k: 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
@leakingbasket I thought so too and they saw it as rush hour tho. Me am going to knock on their door 1st thing this jan. I will ask for my G-file so i will know the reason and send an emotional SOP detailing alot but it will be precise. Immediately I saw my mail I knew deep down my heart that I will get it in my next application. So let them enjoy their Christmas and wait for God's fire to burn there hands when attending to my application soonest. To everyone that was delayed try not to think to much just relax( I know is not easy tho) because I just took panadol extra to cure my headache. But the determination is strong God will surely see us through. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungbill(m): 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
SammyVee:

A good SOP, letter of admission with evidence of part payment of tuition fees, transcript, NYSC discharge certificate,
Employment letter and training certificate, national population commission certificate, WAEC results. Certificate of origin,
Affidavit of support from sponsor stating that funds will be available, sponsors passport data page, parents data pages, sister's voters
Card, sponsors national population commission birth certificate.

Sponsor: uncle. Same surname.
Memo from company stating position and total employee cost. 15m (works with a known oil coy)
6 months pay slip
Salary account from January to September
Pension account statement
Annual individual statement of account from Luxembourg
Savings account statement from France,
Documents of two landed properties worth lots of millions.
I guess that's all.

1. I guess u added your own employment letter
If so u need reference letter from your work place stating your position, job description, annual earning and gross earning.
You need to add your own payslip at least last three month preceding your application time.

2. If u can get study leave letter add it
3. Add your own affidavit of fact or return
4. Add police clearance report . Note it is among the must have document in CIC application guidline
5. If u have old passport please attach it to your new passport
6. Your uncle do u have proof of him financing your education previously? Something like receipt of old school fees he paid for u before if u have Pls add it
7. If u have any picture of u and him together please add it or his picture with u and other family member
8. Pls what is d duration of ur course and did u fill it in ur questionnaire and study permit form

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by GWorld1(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Hello house!
It's application approved and closed.
My story goes thus... I got admission for fall 2015 for my masters, I came here then to learn how to apply and all.. wen I was gathering my application requirements (I had even paid 1 semester fee ooo) den money became unnecessary scares in my immediate family, my peeps went to family members 4 funds bt no1 was ready to help. I gave up literally den took it to God in prayers... Notin was forthcoming. During this time I defered my admission to winter dis year and I keep believing God for a miracle and didn't let the suituation weigh me down. Became a little more active in church activities because I Dont like staying @ home and don't really know anybody in the town we staying ( went to a boarding like uni). I know without any financial backing I can't be granted visa, out of vexation I left the part tuition fee with the school that was around July. Around October ending an old family friend came ( I don't even think I av seen him b4 bt he claims he knows me) to attend a burial in my town so he stopped over to see my peeps. He asked specifically about my academics and my peeps explained the challenge to him, and surprisingly he asked me to list the documents I need for my sponsorship and he will call me to cum and collect them the following week. That's how I got a sponsor miraculously and he promised to give me 5mill for the program as soon as I get the visa, I know the money won't b enough bt I can hustle the rest wen I get there.
I actually shared this story because sum pages back sum people ar asking if God is involve in visa app or not... Just smiling wen I was reading people's comment on the subject.

Documents submitted
Online app
Upfront medical
Normal cic forms
Admission letter
Part payment of school fees
Letter of sponsor
Affidavit of sponsor
Bank statement of sponsor
Fixed deposit of sponsor
Nysc certificate
Police certificate
Letter of introduction from the sponsor's bank
Sop( including my father's company registration and naming me as 1 of the board of directors since my father is also my professional Colleague )
Applied November 10
Biometric: November 11
Medical passed: December 10
Thank u for ur patience: December 11
Passport request: December 17
Passport sent through ups: December 18 ( thanks to @ emmamsc he put me tru on hw to go tru courier)
Passport request again: December 18 dey sha want me to send my passport
Passport delivered: December 21
Checked now: application approved and closed.
God is indeed faithful.
For those that ar denied please don't let anything negative stop u from pursuing ur heart desires. God is too faithful to lie/fail. He makes all things beautiful in his own time.
Thank u all.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Babalola1990: 2:27am On Dec 23, 2015
My brother received an email from vsf saying his processed passport has been dispatch to Canadian visa application center. Does it mean he can go pick up his passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.