Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037906 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
Pinkcandy97 well i applied on 20th, paper route and upfront medical
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hey guys, I think she*t is about to hit the fan. How do you guys receive money from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
babsharon:
Hello everyone. Please I need help on this question, my brother got a visa to study at university of Winnipeg but I want to know if it's possible for him to change his school to community college on arrival? I will be glad for your contribution thanks
For sure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
gabrola:
Guys guys a quick one please. Will one be allowed to cross POE with the following foodstuffs :
1) Locust beans (Iru)
2)Garri
3)Melon (Egusi)
4)dry fish
5)wheat flour
6)beans
7)know magi
For sure, just put them in a transparent bag(Ziploc) with a little detail of what it is, stick to the bag. And also don't take too much cus they'll get rid of them thinking you are bringing to sell.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by habbeysax: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
can any successful Trv applicants share me his/her sop @ habbeysax@gmail.com
thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
freezingus:
Good day my Nairalandas, can anyone kindly inform me of the documents I need to display to the immigration officer at the port of entry? Wishing all TRV hopefuls the very best. I need your suggestions please!!
1.Your flight tickets /boarding pass
2.Your passport/Visa
3. Your admission letter/letter of acceptance
4. A proof of address of were you'll be spending your first couple nights until you get a place(a hotel reservation receipt is enough. But if you didn't reserve, get a friends full address(including postal code), and tell them you already rent a place and the landlord will be picking you from the airport. Not a big deal, but they just don't want you to come and wander about, for your safety and others especially now that's its winter. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
freezingus:

I also wanna change too, it is possible, but how do we tackle the immigration officers at the Port of Entry POE.
Don't tackle lol. Just come in and don't even mention it to them that you want to change. When you are in, you can change. People do it everyday as your university might not have the course you want to major in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sharonlass10:
Good day house. Please I need u guys help on this question. Like I said earlier, I was refused visa. Please house, should I ask for refund from the school? becuz, I want to reapply but another college thatz cheaper or I should continue with the school and defer the admission for fall?

Ur advice are well appreciated.
Mail the school to get back your refund and then apply to your new college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
toucheli:
Hey guys, I think she*t is about to hit the fan. How do you guys receive money from Nigeria?
People with answers should please help. My Mastercard no dey work again. Choi!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to every participant of this wonderful thread. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
godG:

Congrats, man! You did it! Go and shine!

Thank you sir. I definitely will.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to every participant of this wonderful thread. It is well.
which bank? And since when?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
gabrola:
which bank? And since when?
First Bank and GTBank. ..since Dec 21st. I think it's due to the new CBN policy of trying to pause the devaluation of naira against dollar but they didn't put international students into consideration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Arcayo:
Gurus in the house I observed something on the legal documents people submitted/advice to submit which 'I think' can affect/used against them in future when applying for graduate working experience.
[b][/b]AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN AFTER STUDIES
Just an observation ooo, cos I belive it will be on your file when reapplying.
Please brothers and sisters over there did you use this document?
Well, it could be due to the nature of his/application. Best believe, every application is already complicated and people still tend to make it more complicated... I left high school 2010, I applied for trv 2014. I did not submit any sop, or Letter of explanation neither did i submit that stuff up there. Lol..I saw people adding letter to explain gaps, and even adding photos to prove relationship with sponsors..It was kinda funny but I couldn't laugh because I understand it was all about the struggle and I wasn't sure I'll be approved. But at the end of the day as God may have it. My application was one of the fastest back then. If I can remember, it took not more than 4weeks. I applied, 4 days later biometrics, 2 weeks later medical and 1 week later passport collection.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

First Bank and GTBank. ..since Dec 21st. I think it's due to the new CBN policy of trying to pause the devaluation of naira against dollar but they didn't put international students into consideration.
A very self-centered and myopic decision. Because at the end of the day, the children of the government officials won't get affected by the insanity of the government. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol. Not a good way to enter 2016.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

oh my goodness! I'm also using first Bank and I put all my hope in them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Merry Christmas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Pinkcandy97(f): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
igwenunsa:
Pinkcandy97 well i applied on 20th, paper route and upfront medical

I'm sure you're on track. It will definitely come at its appointed time. We just have to keep the faith burning. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
I promised myself I won't post here till I got approved...Don't ask why. I want to thank my main man, Thesoj - His help has been tremendous.

I got denied twice this year, all same reasons - Insufficient funds. Got approved on the third app.

Documents submitted:
Notarized copies of WAEC and Transcripts
Letter of Admission
IELTS result
Computer school result
Receipts showing upfront payment
Sponsor's statement showing almost 15m
Letter of Sponsorship
Police report
Financial spreadsheet
CIC apps
Birth cert
Sponsor's company docs
Upfront meds

Compliments of the season.

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
gabrola:
oh my goodness! I'm also using first Bank and I put all my hope in them.
Lol...put your hope in God oh. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
toucheli:

Lol. Not a good way to enter 2016.
I believe it's temporary but the memo was that withdrawal outside the country would be stopped as from Jan 1st, 2016. 'Don't know why these banks immediately stopped it. It's really not a good way to start 2016. Those who are coming next month should take note.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Lol...put your hope in God oh. grin
my guy said he still withdrew last night with GTBank card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
gabrola:
my guy said he still withdrew last night with GTBank card
Wow...really? Let me go try again then. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
EmmaMsc:

I am interested in this too.

cc khalesi thesoj siga iyaejima ayooluwatoni

Yes I think you shouldn't have issues with those items. The major product they don't accept is dairy......like milk and other dairy products. I think they don't allow meat products too....although I'm not sure about meat, but very positive about dairy.
Other food items are cool. Then drugs, u may want to hide them, if u'd be traveling with drugs, especially antibiotics, to avoid unnecessary questions about prescription and the likes..... I wrapped mine inside my suit, although not to Canada; but they have almost the same rules/policies. But don't lie about any of your stuff if asked by immigration officers, as it may put u in trouble.....except if u're a sure smart liar.....lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by prof800(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:
Wow...really? Let me go try again then. Thanks.
Omo if he pay better withdraw all your "kaya" sharp sharp.! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oppytexu: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
All praise to God for His mercy endure forever!
please can anyone assist with gcms file request?
Got refused for the second time on 21st Dec.
reason;
Family ties
Personal assets
Travel history
Employment situation

First application reason:
Family ties
Personal assets
Travel history
Purpose of visist
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
Graviton2:
Visa approved

CC: Thesoj
Congrats Graviton.. You are one of those I give high respect here.. In godG' voice , go and shine in Canada..You deserve it.. Congrat once again..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
prof800:

Omo if he pay better withdraw all your "kaya" sharp sharp.!
smiley
There is a daily withdrawal limit. lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
I wonder why people add it ooo...it might tell later, people should just try to avoid it "affidavit of return after studies" that's if you know you will apply for the 3years graduate work experience.
toucheli:

Well, it could be due to the nature of his/application. Best believe, every application is already complicated and people still tend to make it more complicated... I left high school 2010, I applied for trv 2014. I did not submit any sop, or Letter of explanation neither did i submit that stuff up there. Lol..I saw people adding letter to explain gaps, and even adding photos to prove relationship with sponsors..It was kinda funny but I couldn't laugh because I understand it was all about the struggle and I wasn't sure I'll be approved. But at the end of the day as God may have it. My application was one of the fastest back then. If I can remember, it took not more than 4weeks. I applied, 4 days later biometrics, 2 weeks later medical and 1 week later passport collection.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Pls I need some information on how to access scholarships in Canadian colleges(e.g. Lambton college). Anyone that is on scholarship or knows the process should pls inform me. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Check this out from Stanbic IBTC for those having difficulty with cash withdrawal abroad. I think it's still better compare to other banks with $1000 spending limit monthly.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
profojah:

Congrats Graviton.. You are one of those I give high respect here.. In godG' voice , go and shine in Canada..You deserve it.. Congrat once again..

Thank you, sir. I appreciate it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.