Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,486 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037803 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by efedhomav: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please I need to know the best way to re-apply for a study permit visa. The reasons given for refusal did not seem okay to me.

Reason:
1. Travel History : Of course I have not traveled out of the country.
2. Family Ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Length of proposed stay in Canada: I stated in my SOP that I am going for a Post Degree Diploma, a two year study only.
4. Purpose of Visit: Stated in my SOP that I am going there for a study
5. Personal Assets and Financial Status: My Dad has over 7m in his account, but I did not have any deposit in my account. I already paid a part of my tuition.

From the above it seemed they thought I am going for visit and not study for a specific period.

I want to re-apply via online, do i go as a returning applicant or a new applicant? And please what ought to be the content of the SOP?
My dad's Int'l Passport has expired do I use his Birth Cert in place of that? Also do I need to get another affidavit stating my dad is my father and my sponsor?

Please I need help here.

Thanks.

berexio1:
Hey guys,

Sorry I have been MIA. Am just preparing a robust reply as I just got a PP request!

I am not just happy for myself but for everyone like me who re-applied and got it. How we persevered and hoped for a day like this when we conquered. A quick flash at the beginning of this Part 9 and the first comment made was born out of a 'Can do' spirit. Yes I made it. We made it!!!

I am waiting for you in Canada.Lol

Make una no vexn I go give una load down later on my laptop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by efedhomav: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
please I have a challenege.

berexio1:
Hey guys,

Sorry I have been MIA. Am just preparing a robust reply as I just got a PP request!

I am not just happy for myself but for everyone like me who re-applied and got it. How we persevered and hoped for a day like this when we conquered. A quick flash at the beginning of this Part 9 and the first comment made was born out of a 'Can do' spirit. Yes I made it. We made it!!!

I am waiting for you in Canada.Lol

Make una no vexn I go give una load down later on my laptop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by efedhomav: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please I need to know the best way to re-apply for a study permit visa. The reasons given for refusal did not seem okay to me.

Reason:
3. Length of proposed stay in Canada: I stated in my SOP that I am going for a Post Degree Diploma in Business Administration, a two year study only.
5. Personal Assets and Financial Status: My Dad has over 7m in his account, but I did not have any deposit in my account. I already paid a part of my tuition.

I has a B.Sc in Geography and Environmental Management but I have over 2 years experience in an Administrative Position and Over 1 year in a Finance Position. Since I have no foundation in Administration or finance, I decided to apply for a post degree diploma in Business Administration and I got the admission.

But from the above it seemed they thought I am going for visit and not study for a specific period.

I want to re-apply via online, do i go as a returning applicant or a new applicant? And please what ought to be the content of the SOP?
My dad's Int'l Passport has expired do I use his Birth Cert in place of that? Also do I need to get another affidavit stating my dad is my father and my sponsor?

Please I need help here.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by habbeysax: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
efedhomav:

Reason:
3. Length of proposed stay in Canada: I stated in my SOP that I am going for a Post Degree Diploma, a two year study only.

From the above it seemed they thought I am going for visit and not study for a specific period.

Please I need help here.

Thanks.

can you please share your SOP @ habbeysax@yahoo.com
thanks and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ChristineC: 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nice thread. Just stumbled on it.
Please permit me to share a challenge facing my in-law.
He got an admission for 2016 fall session but has a problem because he's not really been employed since he left University in 2011. He's been managing these little administrative positions in small establishments where they will not give an employment letter with little pay, usually in cash. You know how things are in Nigeria.

His first degree is in Laboratory technology and the admission he got is in Pharmacy still B.Sc. program.

How can he show proof that he's been doing something all these years?
His dad has a registered enterprise into maintenance of home appliances like cookers, washer machines and the likes. Can he draft an employment letter from there as a worker since he left school, as it's not related to both what he studied in school and the course he intends to study in Canada? if yes, how does he show proof of pay over the years.

Please help will be appreciated.
@thesoj / berexio1 any ideas?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Pls do UPS offices open on Saturdays
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
efedhomav:

Reason:

Please I need help here.

Thanks.

1. Worry not about Travel history.It is usually served amongst other reasons for those who are still virgins..lol (PP virgin)

2.If u don't have any family in Canada, worry not about this too. The point here is to ensure your ties in Nigeria is well represented whether they are assets I.e both material,financial and human

3. The VO simply isn't convinced that you will return after ur studies. So even tho ur program is 2yrs, he is skeptical..You have to show him by way of documents and also statement of purpose that you know what you want from the intended study and how it will benefit ur home country when you return.

4. He isn't convinced you are even going to study..Same reasons above. Did u show proof of ur tuition payment?

5. Personal asset refers to your asset and not ur sponsor's. The VO feels you should have something to show for ur employment whether it is property or cash.

When u re-apply, do fill ur UCI number. This indicates u have previously applied. Try to be consistent also.

Use any other identity card for your Dad. His company card or National Id can suffice

U can do an affidavit of support with ur dad stating he is taking care of the expenses.

Enjoy!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
@Khalesi..Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS*** ***CHRISTMAS EDITION***[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL
*thanks @seiraries!*

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
Graviton2:

Thank you sir. I definitely will.
Hello bro, I sent u PM. Reply Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freezingus: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
toucheli:

1.Your flight tickets /boarding pass
2.Your passport/Visa
3. Your admission letter/letter of acceptance
4. A proof of address of were you'll be spending your first couple nights until you get a place(a hotel reservation receipt is enough. But if you didn't reserve, get a friends full address(including postal code), and tell them you already rent a place and the landlord will be picking you from the airport. Not a big deal, but they just don't want you to come and wander about, for your safety and others especially now that's its winter. Good luck

Thank you for your kind contribution, I got my TRV December , but my school resumes May, when is the earliest time to travel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Graviton2:
I promised myself I won't post here till I got approved...Don't ask why. I want to thank my main man, Thesoj - His help has been tremendous.

I got denied twice this year, all same reasons - Insufficient funds. Got approved on the third app.

Documents submitted:
Notarized copies of WAEC and Transcripts
Letter of Admission
IELTS result
Computer school result
Receipts showing upfront payment
Sponsor's statement showing almost 15m
Letter of Sponsorship
Police report
Financial spreadsheet
CIC apps
Birth cert
Sponsor's company docs
Upfront meds

Compliments of the season.

I am glad you finally had your dream come true.
Congratulations, Bro.
More success.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by freezingus: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Khalesi:

Also include your tuition fee payment receipt.

But I didn't pay tuition as my school required just only the acceptance fee which will be deducted from my school fees, do I go with the acceptance fee payment receipt?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
freezingus:

Thank you for your kind contribution, I got my TRV December , but my school resumes May, when is the earliest time to travel?
enough room for preparation..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by emifemimi: 6:00am On Dec 26, 2015
Female, going to u of s this winter and yet to sort out accommodation, pm me. I'm looking for a flat mate oo angry .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bugzi: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2015
freezingus:

What date is on your trv? Pls is your status on trv visitor or student? Were u also given a letter of introduction? Pls enlighten me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2015
Who has been able to book for flight since 24th December till date? I am finding it difficult to pay for my flight cos of the new policy of maximum transfer limit of #200k.

Pls who knows how I can go about the payment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Olsoo(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
SAMUELS3:
Thank you @seiraries
The company I work with gave me SOA, with closing balance of 7.5m CAC forms certificate of incorporation and my personal account of 1.3m. The tuition fee is 14,400 CAD paid only acceptance of 500 CAD.
I was told to pay 3,600 CAD before the School (CIMT College) later called me that they can only accept acceptance fee of 500 CAD. The duration of the course is two years. Postgraduate diploma in business management.
Please advise.

Morning. Please what institution did you apply fir Diploma in Bus. Mgt. ? And how much is their yearly tuition? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by babbs45: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
Graviton2:

Thank you sir. I definitely will.

Oga, come share the good news for your boys at the U.S. Student visa thread na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2015
Omonjoe:
Who has been able to book for flight since 24th December till date? I am finding it difficult to pay for my flight cos of the new policy of maximum transfer limit of #200k.

Pls who knows how I can go about the payment?
I booked on 24th n I paid with my card 203k for Ethiopian airline against January. I just booked online den paid @ there office @the airport same day, with d card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Manitoba and Saskatchewan, which province is better to live and study for international students in terms of job and PR ??

Any suggestion will be of great help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
I have sent u a pm
Zim5050:
I booked on 24th n I paid with my card 203k for Ethiopian airline against January. I just booked online den paid @ there office @the airport same day, with d card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
darefestus:

I am glad you finally had your dream come true.
Congratulations, Bro.
More success.

Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
babbs45:

Oga, come share the good news for your boys at the U.S. Student visa thread na.

Lol. I dey come there soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
omooba2015:

Hello bro, I sent u PM. Reply Thanks

Replied you last night bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
I paid for the courier service during my submission, how do I get my documents through them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Graviton2:

Replied you last night bro.
Ok, I m glad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Olsoo:

Morning. Please what institution did you apply fir Diploma in Bus. Mgt. ? And how much is their yearly tuition? Thanks.

I applied to Canadian Institute of Management and Technology CIMT college
The tuition fee for the duration is 14,400 CAD. The duration is two years n 3 months.
Yearly tuition maybe you've to divide the tuition by the duration can't say.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
In filling the application for study permit made outside Canada at fund section , how do I fill it as my company is sponsoring my tuition fees,room and board for the first year. I am paying for other expenses such as flight bookings, books/supplies and health insurance.

In one of the section that stated that my fund will be paid by: 1. Myself 2. Parent 3. Other

Can I choose other: and write employer and myself

As I have stated in my SOP that I will be paying for other expenses stated above, and I intend to show that in my application. But I can only choose one option.

Please advice me my E-family gurus in the house. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by airhunde: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
SAMUELS3:
In filling the application for study permit made outside Canada at fund section , how do I fill it as my company is sponsoring my tuition fees,room and board for the first year. I am paying for other expenses such as flight bookings, books/supplies and health insurance.

In one of the section that stated that my fund will be paid by: 1. Myself 2. Parent 3. Other

Can I choose other: and write employer and myself

As I have stated in my SOP that I will be paying for other expenses stated above, and I intend to show that in my application. But I can only choose one option.

Please advice me my E-family gurus in the house. Thank you in anticipation.
You have said it all, select others and specify company and self and make sure u explain that in your Sop, if your company is swearing an affidavit of sponsor for you it should also be stated what they are sponsoring, it should also be written in the letter from your company. Just look for an easy way for the VO to understand how u intend to cope there. My little knowledge oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oh ok, thank you airhunde.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.