Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037932 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.
Pls what does that mean
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
Log in to your MyCIC and check your message....or did you use an agent to apply? If not you should understand that message
AdexStudio:
Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.
Pls what does that mean
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
gabrola:
Guys guys a quick one please. Will one be allowed to cross POE with the following foodstuffs :
1) Locust beans (Iru)
2)Garri
3)Melon (Egusi)
4)dry fish
5)wheat flour
6)beans
7)know magi

These items should pass (hopefully) try not to buy the Knorr Chicken cubes, just buy the classic one. They seem to have this phobia with the term 'chicken'. Even with indomie noodles, I had to empty every pack into ziploc bags cos of the chicken written on the packs. Eventually they didn't search my food luggage. Just a precautionary measure in order not to trigger their chicken by-product phobia.

And label each package to make searching easier for them (in case they choose to). Good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
toucheli:

1.Your flight tickets /boarding pass
2.Your passport/Visa
3. Your admission letter/letter of acceptance
4. A proof of address of were you'll be spending your first couple nights until you get a place(a hotel reservation receipt is enough. But if you didn't reserve, get a friends full address(including postal code), and tell them you already rent a place and the landlord will be picking you from the airport. Not a big deal, but they just don't want you to come and wander about, for your safety and others especially now that's its winter. Good luck

Also include your tuition fee payment receipt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
sholay2011:

People with answers should please help. My Mastercard no dey work again. Choi!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to every participant of this wonderful thread. It is well.

Yeah MasterCard has stopped working on POS. Horrible situation angry

I was able to withdraw with both GTB and FBN MasterCard on 23rd Dec.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Khalesi:

Yeah MasterCard has stopped working on POS. Horrible situation angry

I was able to withdraw with both GTB and FBN MasterCard on 23rd Dec.
Wow...you withdrew yesterday? Make I go try other ATMs niyen o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Khalesi:

These items should pass (hopefully) try not to buy the Knorr Chicken cubes, just buy the classic one. They seem to have this phobia with the term 'chicken'. Even with indomie noodles, I had to empty every pack into ziploc bags cos of the chicken written on the packs. Eventually they didn't search my food luggage. Just a precautionary measure in order not to trigger their chicken by-product phobia.

And label each package to make searching easier for them (in case they choose to). Good luck!
thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by siegfried99(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2015
[size=15pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS[/size]

cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by orhfor1(m): 12:36am On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=Khalesi post=41316780]

Pls wat was d exchange rate like?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 1:21am On Dec 25, 2015
EmmaMsc:

I am interested in this too.

cc khalesi thesoj siga iyaejima ayooluwatoni

Double post

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 1:26am On Dec 25, 2015
gabrola:
Guys guys a quick one please. Will one be allowed to cross POE with the following foodstuffs :
1) Locust beans (Iru)
2)Garri
3)Melon (Egusi)
4)dry fish
5)wheat flour
6)beans
7)know magi
I brought in everything on d list apart from d wheat flour and my bags were not stopped / searched.. Just fill ur declaration form with wisdom and wrap them well- ziploc, nylon, newspaper and finally cello tape.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:59am On Dec 25, 2015
You are very welcome bro. It was my pleasure!
Graviton2:

Won't have done it without your assistance. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 5:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Graviton2:
I promised myself I won't post here till I got approved...Don't ask why. I want to thank my main man, Thesoj - His help has been tremendous.

I got denied twice this year, all same reasons - Insufficient funds. Got approved on the third app.

Documents submitted:
Notarized copies of WAEC and Transcripts
Letter of Admission
IELTS result
Computer school result
Receipts showing upfront payment
Sponsor's statement showing almost 15m
Letter of Sponsorship
Police report
Financial spreadsheet
CIC apps
Birth cert
Sponsor's company docs
Upfront meds

Compliments of the season.

congrat bro.
have also been denied twice based on same issue
can i PM ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teeboy22(m): 6:41am On Dec 25, 2015
merry christmas !!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bhudeylee(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Abeg I wan kno mayb ders may intake @ George brown college.... or anybody goin to George brown college nxt yr
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2015
As i await the collection of my passport, I'll like to express my gratitude to God Almighty and members of this great forum for our priceless support. I declared on the first page of this thread by faith that this would be the thread of my testimony, and God kept true to His Word. My TRV journey goes as thus:

Applied : 10 October (Online)
Biometrics : 12 October
Medical Call: 16 November
Medical Done: 18 November
Medical passed: 24 November
Passport Request : 10 December
Submitted Passport (courier) : 11 December
Approval: 22 December

Docs submitted:

All CIC forms
Letter of acceptance from University of Manitoba with entrance scholarship of 5400 CAD
Letter of offer from proposed supervisor
Letter of explanation
CV
Transcript
BSc certificate
WAEC result
NYSC Certificate
Letter of job offer from my place of work
Birth certificate
International Passport
Letter of sponsorship signed by parents
Estimate of costs and income for duration of studies
6 months SOA for parents business with a balance of 5.3m and cash inflow of 17m
Bank letter stating my sponsors as sole signatories to the account
CAC registration docs and certificate
Letter of lease agreement for dad's property
Receipt and plan of land bought in my name.

I wish you all lovely Christmas celebrations and wonderful holidays ahead. Much love!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2015
boboyi247:

congrat bro.
have also been denied twice based on same issue
can i PM ?

Sure bro. Anytime.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by SeraSera(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2015
Graviton2:
I promised myself I won't post here till I got approved...Don't ask why. I want to thank my main man, Thesoj - His help has been tremendous.

I got denied twice this year, all same reasons - Insufficient funds. Got approved on the third app.

Documents submitted:
Notarized copies of WAEC and Transcripts
Letter of Admission
IELTS result
Computer school result
Receipts showing upfront payment
Sponsor's statement showing almost 15m
Letter of Sponsorship
Police report
Financial spreadsheet
CIC apps
Birth cert
Sponsor's company docs
Upfront meds

Compliments of the season.

Congrats!!! I'm happy to read that you have finally been approved. I admire your perseverance. Thank God for seeing you through.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 8:21am On Dec 25, 2015
bhudeylee:
Abeg I wan kno mayb ders may intake @ George brown college.... or anybody goin to George brown college nxt yr
it depends on the Program.. Goin des winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Zim5050: 8:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Anyone goin to George brown des winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2015
Abeg where in Lag can one get good winter jacket,Hand gloves,headwarmer, and boots?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2015
SeraSera:

Congrats!!! I'm happy to read that you have finally been approved. I admire your perseverance. Thank God for seeing you through.

Thank you. Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas to you all and a prosperous new year in advanced.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by waltwissle: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas y'all...
Blessings upon blessings.
TRVs upon TRVs..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Princeosbon: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please I need u guys reply. Is it still possible to get passport request when resumption is jan 4. Would I be allowed into canny when resumption date is passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=orhfor1 post=41319047][/quote]

The rate is crazy o! I've been charged as high as 198/cad. Does any one know any other way out of this mess? Can one buy forex from black market and do wire transfer to Canadian account? Same ish because the black market rates are as high.

Only way is to get a good job and start earning CAD. angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by princeade09: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Xmas naira house may God grant us many years.

Please I would love to know ifif it is compulsory to submit a letter of introduction from sponsor's bank after the six months bank statements and would like to know what the letter of introduction is all about. Thanks all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
berexio1:
Abeg where in Lag can one get good winter jacket,Hand gloves,headwarmer, and boots?

Yaba. Check OLX for one Kenneth guy's contact. He has a shop in Yaba and stocks well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=obiscolly post=413[/quote]

Congrats Obiscolly! It's praise time!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Guy defer your admission there is no how you can make it, you will miss orientation, sending of PP and getting it back will take nothing less than 3weeks ur preparation booking, paying tuition fee etc..better for you to defer, my suggestion Sha oooo
Princeosbon:
Please I need u guys reply. Is it still possible to get passport request when resumption is jan 4. Would I be allowed into canny when resumption date is passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
You can't deposit dollars in bank again in Nigeria bro go to your bank and ask for advice
Khalesi:

The rate is crazy o! I've been charged as high as 198/cad. Does any one know any other way out of this mess? Can one buy forex from black market and do wire transfer to Canadian account? Same ish because the black market rates are as high.

Only way is to get a good job and start earning CAD. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.