Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037870 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ralfudoh(m): 8:40am On Jan 20, 2016
tnuola:
Shodexy ralfudoh did u guys apply directly or via their Nigerian rep?
Through Glory Educational Services
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ajibade105(m): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2016
ralfudoh:

3 weeks

With grant/funding?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ethan45(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2016
Na wah for CIC oh, I just checked the recent processing time(from january 2016) for Nigerian citizens to be issued study permit and it says 9 weeks. OMG. 9 whole weeks. They expect us to fold our hands and wait till its 9 weeks. Good Lord.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jayne07(f): 9:22am On Jan 20, 2016
Ethan45:
Na wah for CIC oh, I just checked the recent processing time(from january 2016) for Nigerian citizens to be issued study permit and it says 9 weeks. OMG. 9 whole weeks. They expect us to fold our hands and wait till its 9 weeks. Good Lord.
Someone mentioned that here b4. Just gotta be patient and hope for the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by uchman86: 9:31am On Jan 20, 2016
seiraries:

Thank you so much @ seiraries will figure out on the write up...Please How is the course Pratical Element of Mechanical Engineering in Fanshawe college, is it a good skool and course? Cos was also checking out project managment in Humber college. Thanks

IMO, you need to add a detailed CV to your application to project your employment history 2010-2015.
Add documents to prove your last employment.
Include a dynamite SOP to your application which should more than anything show you haven't been idle after your last employment (could be a volunteer activity/service) and disprove any suspicion in the mind of any VO your application is primarily a pretext to emigrate. It may sound difficult but it's not impossible.
The VOs perception is basically dependent on documents you present and the manner in which they are presented, ceteris paribus. Tell a good story.
You can study a peculiar application for @thesoj brother that was successful here, here, and here.

Hope it helps.

P.S- more than anything, your finances, sponsor's and home ties (includes personal assets) have to be solid. Leave no stone unturned.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by uchman86: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2016
Thanks @ seiraries

Please finally applied for pratical element of mechanical engineering with fanshawe college and sent me this mail below on the 10th of January requested for 1000CAD part payment with application fee inclusive..thought I was only suppose to pay 100CAD for application fee and after admission has been given..you can then pay your tuition fee..below is d mail..I appreciate your help and advice

Hello from Fanshawe College,

Thanks for your application to Fanshawe College! We have pre assessed your application. In order for Fanshawe College to continue with your application, the following is required:

Please send us a tuition deposit of $1000 (Canadian funds). If you have already paid $100 then we require the additional $900. This $1000 will be deducted from your total tuition for your first semester. This amount, minus a $250 non-refundable deposit, will be refunded to you if your visa is denied.

We are requesting this deposit because students applying for a visa through the Canadian High Commission will be required to show proof that they are able to support themselves while in Canada.  A financial commitment of $1000.00 to Fanshawe College is a good start. 

To make this deposit:

Fanshawe College has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline this process for international students. The peerTransfer system allows you to pay from any country and any bank. This system allows you to pay in your home currency and potentially save a significant amount of money with excellent foreign exchange rates.  Additional online methods such as Visa, MasterCard, and UnionPay are also available for many countries.

Note: You will need your student number (in the subject line of this email) to complete a wire transfer.

To make a wire transfer:

1.     Go to www.peertransfer.com/school/fanshawec to begin the payment process.

2.     Select the country from which your funds will be coming from and the payment amount (in Canadian dollars) you wish to make to Fanshawe College.

3.     In most cases, the Canadian dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates. [Note that peerTransfer offers a “Best Price Guarantee” for bank transfer methods.]

4.     After providing some basic information, you will be asked to visit your bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds from your local bank to peerTransfer. If you have selected
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2016
Am also going to fanshawe college they will reply in 3 weeks although I got my LOA since Nov..and are u coming for d fanshawe seminar? @4pt by sheraton
notasowie:
Plssssss some one should answer me ooooo

Hello house , I applied to fanshawe collage 15/1/2016 that's last week Friday , wanted to know when I'm suppose to get an offer , and when is the right time to apply for a student visa , ? I don't wanna apply late...and how long does it takes to be process,?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2016
I did online with my master card and thru peertransfer I was charge 143.5.
wckabuoh:

Use a "Form A" . The official Canadian rate of N155 would be applied to your transaction. Your bank should be able to easily do this for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:21am On Jan 20, 2016
Hehehehe1:
bruh can u confirm if centennial requires application fee... Also do i have to convert trnscpt to Wes?..to apply..

I'm not sure they collect app fees (policy may have changed) and I don't think you have to convert your transcripts if they're are in English. Please, check the college website to confirm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by seiraries: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2016
uchman86:
Thanks seiraries

Please How is the course of pratical element of mechanical engineering in fanshawe college...is it a good skool and course? Cos was also looking at project management course in Humber college.

Thanks
I can't really say what the course is like but be rest assured it's a distinguished college. You'll get all the info you need from the institution's website or you could try engage representatives from their 'International Centre". They cater to all enquiries and will help you with virtually everything you need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2016
See this chairman.
What would u have done when they wrote 51weeks
Ethan45:

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2016
olah23:
Am also going to fanshawe college they will reply in 3 weeks although I got my LOA since Nov..and are u coming for d fanshawe seminar? @4pt by sheraton
thanks for the reply , would have love to but I stay in warri, have u summited sop?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2016
tnuola:
Shodexy ralfudoh did u guys apply directly or via their Nigerian rep?

I applied through their Nigerian rep at Maple Education Limited.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2016
Hello house ,i want to ask a question, i graduated 2014 since then have been working wanted to know if my chances will be boasted if I summit my tax payment recipt and pension fund receipt ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2016
please house i did upfront medical in Lagos for the last application which i was dnied but i want to apply online and address my address my application to the cic office in abuja.please can my medical been send to abuja
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Hello guys... The schools I have check in Canada seem to accept only a minimum of second class upper for masters admission.. Pls house can anybody here recommend a school to me that accept second class lower? I am looking for MSc admission in economics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by papidee01: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
OK so I was denied Visa last week Friday Reasons:

Purpose of visit
Family ties
Travel history
Personal Asset and Financial status

Omo I weak Die, but thanks to the Thread, I. Am firing Back with all I got, Baba God would see me through, to all the TRV Hopeful God would surprise You All wink

LEX......

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello house

I have been denial a US student visa b4, my question is if I'm to fill my SOP and I was ask if I have been denial a Canadian visa or any other country visa should I write yes or no , plsss I need urgent reply plsss...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
papidee01:

Purpose of visit
Family ties
Travel history

Omo I weak Die, but thanks to the Thread, I. Am firing Back with all I got, Baba God would see me through, to all the TRV Hopeful God would surprise You All wink

LEX......

Eyah! Sorry! Refire and you will get it by God's grace. Did you do online or paper application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Bandeco:
Hello guys... The schools I have check in Canada seem to accept only a minimum of second class upper for masters admission.. Pls house can anybody here recommend a school to me that accept second class lower? I am looking for MSc admission in economics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
sorry about the delay....
share your profile to recieve one or two ideas on how to refire
papidee01:

Purpose of visit
Family ties
Travel history

LEX......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Royat1:
Good evening to everyone,am about applying for study permit. I plan on submitting landed properties and family picture for family ties. My total tuition fee in a year it's 16,000$ how will I be able to write a sponsorship letter covering my tuition fee and living expenses for 4years.? Please concerning my statement of purpose, I already have a BSc from University of Ilorin physiology, will be going for another BSc in biochemistry. 2009-2014 and nysc 2014 to 2015 how will I be able to convince the vo concerning the purpose of visit. Thank you!
someone should please answer my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by papidee01: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Kenyata:

Eyah! Sorry! Refire and you will get it by God's grace. Did you do online or paper application?

Yea I did online Route,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Graviton2:

Happy birthday!

Mine happened like that - Got approved on the 23rd and my birthday was on the 25th
God will favour You

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olayemij2: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sorry to hear about that bro!! You havr got to carefully retreat your application and then refire....Mind you dont rush, there is always right time! I think now is not the best time to apply. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Graviton2:

Congratulations
Congratulations Niana

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
mistydike:

pls i just sent u a PM message .... i really do need your help as regards my reapplication.
i would sincerely appreciate your respond..tnx
Awesome God, Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
EmmaMsc:

Congrats bro
Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
bencheda:
I just got my approval mail i told u guys i wld get it this week in jesus name faith works
Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
Babalola1990:
Anyone here in Memorial University of Newfoundland? My brother will be coming soon and will need some help. I will gladly appreciate any assistance. He is 17 and I don't want him wrecked. Lol

Has He gone? Get in touch if not!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
gabrola:
Guys guys a quick one please. Will one be allowed to cross POE with the following foodstuffs :
1) Locust beans (Iru)
2)Garri
3)Melon (Egusi)
4)dry fish
5)wheat flour
6)beans
7)know magi
Dry your locust beans to rid off odour
Same for fish
Others will fly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
EmmaMsc:

Congratulobia!
I tap into that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.