Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038008 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
now i can see that these outrageous charges are coming from our banks. i submitted my app last week Friday and i paid 37,500 cash. the difference between that and what the online routers are paying is just unbelievable.
igwenunsa:
oh God i am seriously weeping for this country Nigeria. i was charged #55,720.17 for online visa application fees with my my UBA master card.What is happening with bank... #55,720 for $232CAD . may God help us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
hi Justwise.... in reference to one of your earlier posts, would it help ones application is he adds his siblings passport data page/visa pages if they are all based in canada. will this affect the application positively or negatively? Kindly advice..
justwise:

They can sponsor you if the course has a lot to do with your current job
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Kenyata:
Hello Good people of Nairaland, thesoj, justwise, ganiuadeoye et al

I was denied based on Purpose of Visit ONLY. I suspect not including statement of purpose must have contributed to this. I'm 40. I have HND Accounting. I want to pursue a BSc degree in Business Administration. I also applied for TRV for my wife and 3 children so they could visit me in Canada whenever they are on vacation. I want to know whether I could use the medical I did while reapplying. Will I ask IOM Ikeja to send it to CIC or get a copy and include it in my documents when reapplying? I did paper application initially and still want to do paper application again. I didn't do upfront medical initially. I got a medical request via mail. I have written a detailed letter of purpose to be included in my application this time. Thanks for taking time to address my challenges. God bless you all.

MY DOCUMENTS
I'm self sponsored and self-employed and I submitted these documents:
Admission letter,
Personal SOA (5.7m)
Virgin International Passport,
Building Design printout (Jointly owned by my wife and I),
Birth certificate, Police Clearance certificate
HND Accounting (2004) Certificate, NYSC 2005 Certificate
ACCA Result Sheet (Showing I've passed 11/14 papers, In my opinion, there's no academic gap cos I still sat exam in Dec, 2015 and passed)
Company Registration Documents and evidence of Job done
Past Employment & promotion letter
Evidence of student's payment account of 5,950 CAD
Evidence of Hostel application fee, security and confirmation deposit

MY WIFE & KID'S DOCUMENTS
International Passport showing one UK travel history for her and 2 of the kids.
SOA (1.2m)
School certificates
Employment letter and introductory letter showing her total package and level at work
Introductory letter from the kid's school that they would go on vacation in April (We anticipated that I would have gone in January) and school fees receipt

Let me say again that I did paper application, was called for medical and the VO only ticked 'Purpose of Visit' ONLY as the basis for refusing both applications. Thanks for your assistance Justwise.

You did not add tax certificate in that list. As a business owner you need that in other to evaluate your business.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
favour0011:
hi Justwise.... in reference to one of your earlier posts, would it help ones application is he adds his siblings passport data page/visa pages if they are all based in canada. will this affect the application positively or negatively? Kindly advice..

What is their status in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by efedhomav: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello House...
Please this is urgent as I urgently needs answers to the following questions:

1. I receive a salary of 60,000 Naira monthly. In my previous application I had almost a zero balance in my ending account statment, but now I had to have my sisters lodge over 1,000,000.00 Naira (1 Million Naira) into my account to use for re-application. Although my dad is my sponsor. I will also present his account statement. Will this action affect my application?

2. My sponsor's statement of account is showing over 13 million naira ( the statement i will be using for my application) but immediately after printing out the account statement showing the above amount, he remove about 3 million from the account. Will this action also affect my application?

Please I really need answers to these questions above to enable me proceed with my application.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You mean your own birth certificate?
no sir I just thought it will serve as a means for family ties. I will add my own and theirs. Is it visible?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
justwise:

You did not add tax certificate in that list. As a business owner you need that in other to evaluate your business.

My entity is still on tax holiday. I registered it in 2014. You know that kind company where the hubby and wife are directors. Could that be a basis for denial on Purpose of Visit ONLY?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by efedhomav: 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please I still await response to the below question. I am getting desperate here.
efedhomav:
Hello House...
Please this is urgent as I urgently needs answers to the following questions:

1. I receive a salary of 60,000 Naira monthly. In my previous application I had almost a zero balance in my ending account statment, but now I had to have my sisters lodge over 1,000,000.00 Naira (1 Million Naira) into my account to use for re-application. Although my dad is my sponsor. I will also present his account statement. Will this action affect my application?

2. My sponsor's statement of account is showing over 13 million naira ( the statement i will be using for my application) but immediately after printing out the account statement showing the above amount, he remove about 3 million from the account. Will this action also affect my application?

Please I really need answers to these questions above to enable me proceed with my application.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
habbeysax:

thanks for your swift response.

As for me I have contacted some supervisor at the department and I guess they have records of it too...I wasn't bother to get a supervisor at all cost like I said earlier on?

what can you say about my chances?

I have a nairalander STUDYING in MUN and never secured a supervisor before given admission I know say head pass head oh.

Can't predict your chances. Life is a risk. Would have done the same if I were you. I pray you break the record even if it has never happen before. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
Thats serious mehn......who knows what GTbank rate would be....
this is scary...
malaoluolateju:

Omo mehn! Ridiculous. Wet in no suppose pass 35k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dont think too much on why you were denied....
irrespective of what anybody would think, i would tell you that at 40 and already established in home country, it would be difficult to explain to the VO how a bachelors degree would improve you at this stage upon your proposed return.......really difficult....considering the situation of the country and the fact that everybody wants to find a way to leave the country......

with your profile an express entry stream would pose a better chance for you
Kenyata:

My entity is still on tax holiday. I registered it in 2014. You know that kind company where the hubby and wife are directors. Could that be a basis for denial on Purpose of Visit ONLY?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
dannywest01:
no sir I just thought it will serve as a means for family ties. I will add my own and theirs. Is it visible?

You don't need any of those since you are sponsoring yourself. Birth certificate comes into picture when your parents are your sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Kenyata:

My entity is still on tax holiday . I registered it in 2014. You know that kind company where the hubby and wife are directors. Could that be a basis for denial on Purpose of Visit ONLY?

That is what you need to explain in your application form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
justwise:

You don't need any of those since you are sponsoring yourself. Birth certificate comes into picture when your parents are your sponsor.
ok noted. Thank you just wise. I am very grateful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please people of God. Please help a brother. My friend just helped me to apply online but I just found out on the biometric form that he made mistake while entering my name. He entered my surname twice. I mean he entered John Richard Richard instead of John Obi Richard. I am going for my biometric on monday. Please is there any way I can resolve this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by valeroso: 9:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hi Justwise. I know this is the wrong section to ask but could you please direct me to the toefl preparatory section(if there is any). Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
They are all permanent residents .. Emmigrated tru the federal skilled workers scheme some years ago. What do you think ?
justwise:

What is their status in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by igwenunsa: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmmm where were you when he was filling your application bros
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
valeroso:
Hi Justwise. I know this is the wrong section to ask but could you please direct me to the toefl preparatory section(if there is any). Thanks in advance.

This is the only related thread here https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
favour0011:
They are all permanent residents .. Emmigrated tru the federal skilled workers scheme some years ago. What do you think ?

Adding data page of their passports will not harm your application but your main focus should on your ability to afford the fees and maintenance money while in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PussySandie(f): 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Who'is gonna be my val tomoro.. Even if you will forfeit your visa application fee to take me out, I won't mind..

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Fhemmmy: 12:53am On Feb 14, 2016
From the management of Fhemmmy Motos..... Happy Valentine to all Nairalanders, today let us pause and show some love to someone..... love is more than flowers and word of mouth but.yup our heart.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 2:37am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=PussySandie post=42902689]Who'is gonna be my val tomoro.. Even if you will forfeit your visa application fee to take me out, I won't

You applying for Canadian visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dontee5star(m): 4:20am On Feb 14, 2016
I hail people in the house , am applying through Ontario college. Ca and I would like to know if it's fast to apply through or with the school directly ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Sandiee(f): 7:58am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=ugonnachimezie54 post=42904335][/quote]
Yo wann take me out?...YES/NO..

I need to go out today with a nairalander..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 8:42am On Feb 14, 2016
If u call the bank and ask for d reason for such amount they will tell you master card set the charges rate for them.
favour0011:
now i can see that these outrageous charges are coming from our banks. i submitted my app last week Friday and i paid 37,500 cash. the difference between that and what the online routers are paying is just unbelievable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 8:49am On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmmm...ur location will determine
PussySandie:
Who'is gonna be my val tomoro.. Even if you will forfeit your visa application fee to take me out, I won't mind..

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 10:45am On Feb 14, 2016
I wish all The members of this thread happy Valentine celebration. It's a time of showing love and not for making love. Let's try and show love to one another on this platform. Always try to tackle issues raised and not getting personal with one another especially when you have a different opinion from theirs. By doing this we see that others will benefit from our wealth of knowledge and learn from our contributions. Make sure you provide an answer to somebody's question today no matter how annoying it may appear or ovrerflogged it may appear. "I am Giov and I just want to make common sense". Peace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by pampem: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kenyata:

The tax certificate isn't the reason for denial. With your level of qualification, and experience, a higher degree say Msc or MBA would give your application a better chance than going for a BSc. I suggest you look into this.
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chidarlus(m): 2:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
happy val house
am so happy to stumble across this thread, I currently receive offer of admission from loyalist college in Ontario canada and do not know the next line of action
can someone in the House guard me through as to my best line of action and is it possible for me to apply for visa from dubai as I am currently working in dubai as a security agent so as to be able to upset my tuition fee and other expenses
thanks as I await quick response from follow housemates,remain blessed!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chidarlus(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
and please whats currently the exchange rate of Canadian dollar to naira and best way of paying my tuition that will be cheaper!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chidarlus(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
olah23:
If u call
the bank and ask for d reason for such amount they will tell you master card set the charges rate for them.
hi
pls hw did you pay that low an application visa fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.