Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040776 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dontee5star:
I hail people in the house , am applying through Ontario college. Ca and I would like to know if it's fast to apply through or with the school directly ?
I will advice you to apply directly to the school of your choice. Ontario colleges will ask you to send your transcripts to Wes to evaluate before it will be sent to schools. If time is not on ur side then go with the schools directly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by valeroso: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
justwise:

This is the only related thread here https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Good to go. I don't know much about lawyer agreement for landed property
dannywest01:
Thank you Adex, but what do you think about my list of documents? are they good to go and also I want to know if lawyer agreements are ok for landed documents because i have not been able to get the CofO due to the stress involved.. They are 2 actually
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Other gurus in d house should respond to this. My institution (Memorial University of Newfoundland) didn't ask me to get a supervisor before decision was taken on admission

habbeysax:

did you secure a supervisor before given admission? As for my case, my application is completed waiting on admission decision but I emailed some supervisor but never secured one. Never got any email to secure a supetvisor at all cost. However, I have another friend that applied also but got a mail before all required documents received that she need to contact a supervisor within four weeks unless her file will be closed, the deadlines don laps now.
what's your comment on this ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
AdexStudio:
Good to go. I don't know much about lawyer agreement for landed property
thank you sir. Can I send you my sop for you to vet for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Good day to you all, Pls is there anybody studying at University of Saskatchewan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
@ Adexstudio... Pls reply ur Pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
I got admission in MUN without a supervisor and TRV is as well ready. I'll advise people get institution's policy before applying to such school.
adeyemidare:

Can't predict your chances. Life is a risk. Would have done the same if I were you. I pray you break the record even if it has never happen before. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fhemmmy:
From the management of Fhemmmy Motos..... Happy Valentine to all Nairalanders, today let us pause and show some love to someone..... love is more than flowers and word of mouth but.yup our heart.

Hello Bro, Can I kindly send you a PM? There are some issues I would like to clarify!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kingmapping84(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hi bosses in the house,am trying to download application for study out of Canada form it's bringing error on my PC can you give me idea on how to go about it ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
I didn't write anything that implies that sponsor assets could be used to show proof of funds for school fees or living expenses. I wrote with nuance in my last comment but you may have read it differently. I stated that assets show the robustness of the sponsor, outside of other liquid funds. The liquid funds of course are exclusively what will be used to fund the applicant's education, and these liquid funds should be at least one year's total annual costs or more.

The scenario where I feel the sponsor's assets may act as one of many ties (not an exclusive home tie as you seem to think I am saying) is when the sponsor is a parent and other criteria are met.
One example criteria: if the sponsor is the parent and owns a business, and the applicant/child is going to study an area that would significantly add a needed skill to the parent's business, then of course the business asset acts as a home tie (obviously other ties need be demonstrated as well).
Another example criteria: if the sponsor is a parent and has a lot of assets (even if not business-related), it can be subtly used to show the VO that the applicant does not come from a desperate family/economic situation that he/she is running away from. Of course, these assets are not in themselves sufficient home ties by any means, but they can play a role if the applicant is able to use them to influence the VO (in addition to other home ties).

My summary is that every applicant is different and there are no hard and fast binary rules. Two of my siblings got TRVs last year and neither included study leaves or any assets on their application because they were able to show in other ways that they have very strong professional ties to Nigeria. But this doesn't mean that every applicant is the same. Other applicants may need to use a broader combination of financial, professional, & family ties to Nigeria in order to convince the VO. Parental assets can play a role here (when used strategically), particularly for younger applicants. Cheers.
justwise:

Are you serious about the section in bold or just a mistake? How will your sponsor's assets/business act as your tie to Nigeria? Will you return back to Nigeria because your daddy has a land or a house? Are those source of income? Will your daddy or uncle sell his house, business or land just to send/keep you in Canada and left with nothing/homeless in Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
pls my ppl abeg make una no talk say my own too much oo, i want to know if its ok to submit the normal birth certificate issued at the local govt or i should just go get the NPC one. Thank you sirs and mas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Who's has paid his fees of recent ?and how long did it take? My bank is still on mine, they are waiting for dollar from CBN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
dannywest01:
Have u been able to pay your fees? Because mine is still in the bank they are waiting for dollar from CBN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
notasowie:
Have u been able to pay your fees? Because mine is still in the bank they are waiting for dollar from CBN
no I'm just going to use the receipt to apply like that. Once I make the payment then I will use the receipt from the bank. Or is it not done like that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olah23(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
Y not go Tru fanshawe portal page direct d payment shows directly on ur student acct. Peertransfer.com/school/fanshawec
notasowie:
Who's has paid his fees of recent ?and how long did it take? My bank is still on mine, they are waiting for dollar from CBN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hey guys....... Is anyone here traveling to Nigeria from Toronto anytime this week? Urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by straph: 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
@dannywest01, I applied through ontario colleges late January and I am having LOA from Northern College already to study Instrumentation and Control Engineering. It is not compulsory you send your evaluated results to them because I was skeptical of that too and the response I got from that was it's not compulsory. You have the option of editing your college and program of choice for 2 years. give it a trial and you will appreciate this piece.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 11:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
straph:
@dannywest01, I applied through ontario colleges late January and I am having LOA from Northern College already to study Instrumentation and Control Engineering. It is not compulsory you send your evaluated results to them because I was skeptical of that too and the response I got from that was it's not compulsory. You have the option of editing your college and program of choice for 2 years. give it a trial and you will appreciate this piece.
they made me wait for almost 3 months and I had to apply to the schools directly thereby costing me more money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2016
No problem
dannywest01:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 12:05am On Feb 15, 2016
I've rplied u
STENON:
@ Adexstudio... Pls reply ur Pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 15, 2016
dear all, i want to ask if it is advisable to apply for a study permit and express entry through FSWP at the same time period. I happen to be eligible for both programs having meet their minimum requirements but i am afriad that this may work agianst me. responses appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2016
olah23:
Y not go Tru fanshawe portal page direct d payment shows directly on ur student acct. Peertransfer.com/school/fanshawec
Bros it doesn't work like that again , they v banned the use of master card for international transaction,.. So what they do now they go to the bank ,fill the form A then the bank check if they have dollar if they don't they will now get it from CBN and that takes longer time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ell707: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Hello good morning everyone. I have some questions about upfront medicals. Please what are the steps i need to take before visiting the hospital? And also if im submiting my application the next day can i do upront a day before ?? And which hospital is best. Im thinking of going to the hospital at ikeja. Thank you for your kind response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2016
notasowie:
Bros its doesn't work like that again , they v banned the use of master card for international transaction,.. So what they do now they go to the bank ,fill the form A then the bank check if they have dollar if they don't they will now get it from CBN and that takes longer time
I still paid my application fee this weekend. (international transaction)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 8:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

I still paid my application fee this weekend. (international transaction)
I'm talking abt tuition fee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2016
AdexStudio:
I've rplied u
I'v sent another mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by waleakins: 8:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Hello House, I'm back at y'all. longest tym. I'm reapplying again o, after being denied after medicals last year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by waleakins: 8:31am On Feb 15, 2016
where is hayqins and favour0511
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 8:51am On Feb 15, 2016
AdexStudio:
No problem
your email address is needed sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.