Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,885 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040204 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2016
official is around 145....
but your mastercard will be charged in the region of 210-220.....
Neelzar:
Hi everyone,

Please what is the current Naira to CAD (Canadian dollars) exchange rate.

I will be travelling in two weeks.

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 7:38am On Feb 19, 2016
gabrola:
did you buy the asset or is it a family asset? I
It's family asset, I was refused in my first application, an part of the reasons were personal asset, that's y I want to know what am meant to do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:42am On Feb 19, 2016
tackling personal asset because u were delayed on personal asset is like killing a tree by cutting the branches.....

try to look in the broader picture and sort out purpose of visit......

after which you could now add the assets as spices but not as the real solution.....
ikem01:

It's family asset, I was refused in my first application, an part of the reasons were personal asset, that's y I want to know what am meant to do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ell707: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2016
I heard no more form A for paying school fees and also Naira is now 400 to 1Dollar. How true is this please
My brother that works at the bank just told me this morning. If this is true! This will be a devastating bad news.... Please lets confirm!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukyne: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2016
Good Morning my people.
Would it be better to pay school fees via my debit card or through Western Union Global pay considering the dollar to naira rate.
Your opinions will be much appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2016
That is so true. 1dollar=400 and 1pound=505

Ell707:
I heard no more form A for paying school fees and also Naira is now 400 to 1Dollar. How true is this please
My brother that works at the bank just told me this morning. If this is true! This will be a devastating bad news.... Please lets confirm!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aflafla: 8:42am On Feb 19, 2016
Hi...pls I need an answer. I applied for my study permit visa in sept last year..I was denied & I reapplied again in Nov!! Nov 23 2015 to be precise. I did upfront medicals. I was supposed to resume in Jan 2016 but because of the delay at the embassy, I deferred till may & sent the new admission letter to them in Jan. I just tracked my application & saw the dispatch notice. However, I have not received any visa approved email & I'm told I shd hv received one, most people say it may come with my application cos I did paper application. Pls what do u guys think or has any one been in this situation?? Please kindly respond asap because I'm kinda scared it's a refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Aflafla:
Hi...pls I need an answer. I applied for my study permit visa in sept last year..I was denied & I reapplied again in Nov!! Nov 23 2015 to be precise. I did upfront medicals. I was supposed to resume in Jan 2016 but because of the delay at the embassy, I deferred till may & sent the new admission letter to them in Jan. I just tracked my application & saw the dispatch notice. However, I have not received any visa approved email & I'm told I shd hv received one, most people say it may come with my application cos I did paper application. Pls what do u guys think or has any one been in this situation?? Please kindly respond asap because I'm kinda scared it's a refusal.

No one can tell you if it's an approval or not, just go and get your documents and remain positive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:16am On Feb 19, 2016
were you requested to send a new admission letter?
Aflafla:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aflafla: 9:35am On Feb 19, 2016
@/hayqinsbfx, No I was not asked to send a new letter but since d date of my 1st admission letter was fast approaching, I was adviced to defer & send the new letter to them. I do not know what to think. D 1st time I got this, I wasn't called for medicals but for my 2nd application, I did upfront medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2016
well....its tight as dere was no approval mail....
just go get ur docs and see for yourself...
Aflafla:
@/hayqinsbfx, No I was not asked to send a new letter but since d date of my 1st admission letter was fast approaching, I was adviced to defer & send the new letter to them. I do not know what to think. D 1st time I got this, I wasn't called for medicals but for my 2nd application, I did upfront medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Amacharles: 9:49am On Feb 19, 2016
ChicoBoy:

Asides the fact that I changed my institution and program, one major thing I equally did was to rework my SOP. My new SOP was such that even the dullest VO can see the purpose of visit, length of stay, family ties, assets and financial status. (In my previous application, all these were dealt with, apparently not well enough).
What I believe worked against me was that I didn't show/explain my activities since I graduated in 2011. So that the VO doesn’t think that the PGD program is a plan to just leave the country. The SOP was just about my present job description. (I have come to know now that that is not enough). Were I the VO, I’d ask “But you finished your undergrad since 2011, what have you been doing. How come you even finished in 2011 when you finished secondary in 2001” (That’s me tho)?
The way I see it, the truth is Maters applicant have preference over PGD applicants. But if you are a PGD applicant, your SOP is your salvation. You will need to convince the VO of your intentions and why the choice program will help your cause. Show what you have been doing since you graduated, let the VO know you have not been idle. Attach a little background information. And prove the other items on the document checklist.
If you graduated with a 2.1/2.2 try the hardest you can to get a masters offer. I applied to Manitoba and was denied because my CGPA dint meet their requirement, na d same CGPA I use for Carleton U.
there are several with different minimum requirements.

please man, can you forward me a sample of your SOP so I can use it to arrange my own. I will be very grateful. ogbucharlesamarachi@yahoo.com , 08064307865
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aflafla: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Pls guys do you know of anyone who received visa approval email & Letter of introduction by hard copy? Most people are saying it may be attached to my passport. Pls assist.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2016
Aflafla:
Pls guys do you know of anyone who received visa approval email & Letter of introduction by hard copy? Most people are saying it may be attached to my passport. Pls assist.
there is nothing anyone here can say or do that will change the decision already made by CIC. Just remain hopeful and wait till your dispatched documents is available for collection.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 11:51am On Feb 19, 2016
Aflafla:

The truth is that it's most likely a denial. Read through previous posts. Just prepare yourself to re-apply or move on with your life, which ever is applicable. Since you did not get an approval mail then it's obvious what it is.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 11:54am On Feb 19, 2016
Please has there been any refusal after medical lately..?? I'm asking because my lil sister was a victim of refusal after medical last December, now she has reapplied and CIC just update her medical to passed' she's really scared of not falling victim of another refusal cos all she expects now is passport request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yesterday I received a mail from CIC telling me that what they requested from me was another acceptance letter and not the letter of extension I sent to them, and that's what they need to finalize my application.
I've contacted my school, deferred my admission to April and I've sent a new letter to CIC.
Pls ensure that your acceptance letter has all the details needed by CIC to avoid delay in processing.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
3 things could av happened
1. May be they sent u a mail n u didn't get it.
2. May be it entered into your spam message.
3. Refusal
Go to where you submitted (biometric center) and ask for the dispatched Documents . If they said they have not received anything of such mail the Embassy n Quote ur application number, DOB ,PN etc
Aflafla:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
AdexStudio:
2 things could av happened
1. May be they sent u a mail n u didn't get it.
2. May be it entered into your spam message.
Go to where you submitted (biometric center) or mail them and ask for d details of the mail u got.
Quote ur application number, DOB ,PN etc

Why are you giving this kind of advice? Ask for what details? He/She did not get a mail, it was found to be dispatched through tracking.
Don't make this person look desperate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
Theere ha been no issue lately...and I don't pray fo it to start again..
When did ur sister apply?
WESTERNCR:
Please has there been any refusal after medical lately..?? I'm asking because my lil sister was a victim of refusal after medical last December, now she has reapplied and CIC just update her medical to passed' she's really scared of not falling victim of another refusal cos all she expects now is passport request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by notasowie: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
ChicoBoy:
Massive shout out to @thesoj. He is the MVP.
Oga boss, thanks for you help and insights.. I read your post and I am equipped. Person fit turn visa agent after studying all your post and responses. grin
I agree with U . I haven't really read all his post though, but the only advise he gave me when I was advise to leave my job out of the Sop, i was encourage .. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
She applied 20 Nov 2015.
hayqinsbFX:
Theere ha been no issue lately...and I don't pray fo it to start again..
When did ur sister apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
but i though u said she was denied december after medicals?

dont be scared...the passport request will drop soonest...
what program did she apply for
WESTERNCR:
She applied 20 Nov 2015.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by omooba2015(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
ChicoBoy:
Documents:
Company'S letter of introduction
Employment letter
Payslips
Company SOA, Naira & Dollar
Personal SOA, Naira & Dollar
Company tax clearance
Company Registration documents
Notarized affidavit of sponsorship
Statement of Purpose
My sisters PR card (copy)
My sister's utility bill.
Police clearance
Bank reference letter
Study leave.
Congratulations...... God is able.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sorry for d mixup in my reply . I actually wanted to reply to other post.
If you're desperate u can't get TRV. the secret to TRV is good packaging and PRAYER.
Mizbaby:

Why are you giving this kind of advice? Ask for what details? He/She did not get a mail, it was found to be dispatched through tracking.
Don't make this person look desperate.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jumikiels(f): 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hello house.. Please is there anyone here already in Calgary or going for spring session? University of Calgary to be precise..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by afor01(m): 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please can you share a copy of the sponsorship letter and study leave letter from the company. SOP also. I am planning to write mine it will serve as a guide.
afor2all@yahoo.com

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

Thank you Lord, it's been You all the way!

19 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charles316: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ell707:

That's true. I understand that CBN wants to stop helping students pay their school fees at their rates. They want students to source their dollars from the black market.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mikel88: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

congrats!! sis

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

Victory at last. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
On a parallel market n and approx value $1cad=220 but official international market and approx value $1cad=144.

Kindly make more findings.

Neelzar:
Hi everyone,

Please what is the current Naira to CAD (Canadian dollars) exchange rate.

I will be travelling in two weeks.

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.