Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040246 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PurpleG(f): 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

Thank you Lord, it's been You all the way!

Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charles316: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
bukyne:
Good Morning my people.
Would it be better to pay school fees via my debit card or through Western Union Global pay considering the dollar to naira rate.
Your opinions will be much appreciated.

Paying tuition using your naira debit card? Please check the current bank rate so that you don't use your four semester fees for just one semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Federal skill Canada express entry should be good for you.

KINDLY find out more from there site.
qstomiwa:
Hey folks, i have a BTech degree in Quantity Surveying and currently doing my masters in Construction Project management in Heriot Watt University, with a year and some months experience in construction industry (NYSC). i want to cross to Canada to get a graduate or entry level job, what is the best route to take, am seeing some things about the federal skilled Worker entry express stuff? i will appreciate all your reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
@phummie, you can easily go thru his personal post if you don't want to read tru everything in the forum. I will advise you read try other post too.

Flex ur muscle sis.
AdexStudio:
I have listed all d documents I used kindly go through d previous pages of this thread you'll see all there. Anyone u're not sure of, pls send pm. Thanks.
NOTE:
I'm trying all I can now to answer PM n others, because in d next few week I'll be very busy n not be able to come online constantly

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

Congratulations Sis.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
My feelings is that you let the VO see that you are desperate to travel out of the country. I hope this didn't raise a red flag pray is a positive response. Best of luck. #MyPersonalThought
Aflafla:
@/hayqinsbfx, No I was not asked to send a new letter but since d date of my 1st admission letter was fast approaching, I was adviced to defer & send the new letter to them. I do not know what to think. D 1st time I got this, I wasn't called for medicals but for my 2nd application, I did upfront medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Best of luck mizbaby, its your turn to give testimony. Go girl.
Mizbaby:
Yesterday I received a mail from CIC telling me that what they requested from me was another acceptance letter and not the letter of extension I sent to them, and that's what they need to finalize my application.
I've contacted my school, deferred my admission to April and I've sent a new letter to CIC.
Pls ensure that your acceptance letter has all the details needed by CIC to avoid delay in processing.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
As expected. Congratulations
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Dear all, for someone that is currently working as a self employed volunteer, how will the person provide acceptable evidence of this to the visa officer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by senatonato(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mizbaby:
PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!

Congratulations..what docs did u submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dotmons: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys.. what's up. Currently on winter break at UREGINA, Saskatchewan. Hope you all good, just dropping by 2 say hi 2 u all and wish all TVR hopeful success in dere application. If ani1 need info as per UofR, I can be of help. I got same help Frm dis forum, and would be willing 2 advice back as a way of giving back 2 the forum. Safe guys..

Dotmons..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oh sowie Jere .....she actually got refused in Nov but reapplied in Dec. PGD Global Buss Mgt
hayqinsbFX:
but i though u said she was denied december after medicals?

dont be scared...the passport request will drop soonest...
what program did she apply for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
senatonato:

Congratulations..what docs did u submit?

Thanks....I submitted my employment letter, confirmation letter, official ID card, birth certificate, father's employment letter, mother's employment letter, sponsorship letters from both parents, bank statements of father 15m+, mother 9m+, me 1m+, acceptance letter with tuition deposit receipt for 3750 CAD, passport data page of previous visas, a payslip, one page SOP.

I did not submit study leave letter( the approval came out late but I mentioned it in my SOP), degree certificate, NYSC discharge, transcript, WAEC, police clearance or any land or property documents.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yorex2011: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hello everyone,, need some help. What are the necessary steps one needs to take to study in Canada. Planning for either the USA or Canada. Know quite a handful about the US process but dunno zilch about the requirements for canada. Please can anyone give me a brief summary? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
December 20th right
Stay calm and wait for pp req

WESTERNCR:
Oh sowie Jere .....she actually got refused in Nov but reapplied in Dec. PGD Global Buss Mgt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
yorex2011:
Hello everyone,, need some help. What are the necessary steps one needs to take to study in Canada. Planning for either the USA or Canada. Know quite a handful about the US process but dunno zilch about the requirements for canada. Please can anyone give me a brief summary? Thanks in anticipation.
According to Mevisbleek a one time guru on this thread these are the things you need to do:
Step 1: go to Google and type in the school you are interested in attending. If you don't have a school in mind then u Google, schools in Canada offering ur intended course blablabal (ur desired field)

Step 2: go to the school site and look up the the program length and admission requirement. Taking into consideration the application deadline.

Step 3: gather ur application docs, like transcript and all those stuff then go back to the site and apply, then pay the application fee with ur naija Mastercard.

Step 5: sit down and wait for the school to process ur application. If u are given admission then jump to step 6. If you are denied (god forbid) you apply to other schools that their program tickle your fancy.

Step 6: come back to this forum after you get admission and we shall all help you will documents for visa and stuff.

Hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yorex2011: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
Giov:
According to Mevisbleek a one time guru on this thread these are the things you need to do:
Step 1: go to Google and type in the school you are interested in attending. If you don't have a school in mind then u Google, schools in Canada offering ur intended course blablabal (ur desired field)

Step 2: go to the school site and look up the the program length and admission requirement. Taking into consideration the application deadline.

Step 3: gather ur application docs, like transcript and all those stuff then go back to the site and apply, then pay the application fee with ur naija Mastercard.

Step 5: sit down and wait for the school to process ur application. If u are given admission then jump to step 6. If you are denied (god forbid) you apply to other schools that their program tickle your fancy.

Step 6: come back to this forum after you get admission and we shall all help you will documents for visa and stuff.

Hope this helps

Tnx man, no gre or gmat or toefl?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi... When did your sister apply and when was she called for medicals ? Masters or pgd??
WESTERNCR:
Please has there been any refusal after medical lately..?? I'm asking because my lil sister was a victim of refusal after medical last December, now she has reapplied and CIC just update her medical to passed' she's really scared of not falling victim of another refusal cos all she expects now is passport request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
yorex2011:

Tnx man, no gre or gmat or toefl?

Whats your intended course of study. You seem not to make out anything from the epistle I posted. When you decide the school you wana apply to. Check out their requirement for your course. Most times, it is safer to mail the program coordinator. I go as far as calling them on phone atimes. Most Canadian schools exempt Nigeria from English test like TOEFL or ielts. For the other exams please mail ur intended dept to find out. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Giov: 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
@AdexStudio, I sent u a pm.
Please acknowledge receipt
Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yorex2011: 10:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Giov:

Whats your intended course of study. You seem not to make out anything from the epistle I posted. When you decide the school you wana apply to. Check out their requirement for your course. Most times, it is safer to mail the program coordinator. I go as far as calling them on phone atimes. Most Canadian schools exempt Nigeria from English test like TOEFL or ielts. For the other exams please mail ur intended dept to find out. Cheers.
Alright.. Thanks
I asked because for usa schools you mostly wud need gre.. Some folk even go as far as advising one to write toefl even if the school waves it... Thanks all the same

Electrical engineering... Power systems
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Thanks a lot bro....wish you success too
hayqinsbFX:
December 20th right
Stay calm and wait for pp req

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WESTERNCR: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
She applied online on Dec 20. She was a victim of refusal after medical passed in November. Pgd

favour0011:
Hi... When did your sister apply and when was she called for medicals ? Masters or pgd??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 11:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi mizbaby... Congrats. I read tru your post and understand you also have an msc offer at uni of Alberta. My advice is that you take that offer instead of the college. There are many benefits of running a masters program in Canada. It affords you the luxury of getting a PR easily and that's just besides your guaranteed 3 years pgwp. Your program is also on point. Paramedics are in hot demand in Canada regardless of the ongoing recession. You also get stipends from your supervisor altru the program... Common' just too many benefits.
Mizbaby:

Thanks....I submitted my employment letter, confirmation letter, official ID card, birth certificate, father's employment letter, mother's employment letter, sponsorship letters from both parents, bank statements of father 15m+, mother 9m+, me 1m+, acceptance letter with tuition deposit receipt for 3750 CAD, passport data page of previous visas, a payslip, one page SOP.

I did not submit study leave letter( the approval came out late but I mentioned it in my SOP), degree certificate, NYSC discharge, transcript, WAEC, police clearance or any land or property documents.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
favour0011:
Hi mizbaby... Congrats. I read tru your post and understand you also have an msc offer at uni of Alberta. My advice is that you take that offer instead of the college. There are many benefits of running a masters program in Canada. It affords you the luxury of getting a PR easily and that's just besides your guaranteed 3 years pgwp. Your program is also on point. Paramedics are in hot demand in Canada regardless of the ongoing recession. You also get stipends from your supervisor altru the program... Common' just too many benefits.

Thanks....I intend to start the masters in September. I used the pgd admission to apply because it was for January. I'm heading to Edmonton in September grin
I'm a pharmacist not paramedic o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khloepatra: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2016
dannywest01:
could you pls let us know where you got the Canadian dollars from? Thank you
That was bank rate, through western union.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favour0011: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2016
Pharmacy join jor. They all in hot demand. Congrats once again
Mizbaby:

Thanks....I intend to start the masters in September. I used the pgd admission to apply because it was for January. I'm heading to Edmonton in September grin
I'm a pharmacist not paramedic o

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2016
Favour0011 has brought his case why doing a masters in a university in Canada is a better choice. Who is the lawyer that will bring his case for why doing a pgd/pgc in a college in canada may be a better choice. cheesy

Then d judges will give their verdict.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khloepatra: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

Congrats dear..Pls did you use an agent or you applied yourself? Paper route or online route? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2016
Khloepatra:
Congrats dear..Pls did you use an agent or you applied yourself? Paper route or online route? Thanks.

Thanks...I used an agent, online route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mariah203: 9:16am On Feb 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2016
@Adexstudio
Thanks for your reply

We won't include the inactive business details since he has a job he can use as home tie.
But just a little background information
My husband got admission to study graduate certificate in Computer network technician at Saskatchewan to start in august.
I'm going for the open work permit and we are applying together April/May.
I'm pregnant at the moment and baby arrives anytime in April so we want to wait for baby's arrival before applying.
I have a fairly successful business in hospitality sector and that's my own tie. I plan to state in sop that I want to go with him to support him as 9 months is a lot of time to stay apart especially with a new baby.
What do you think so far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.