Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040346 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
I didn't say they scrutinze them Cos dey hve better prspects in canada..

I said because their qualification is of less relevance in their home country as a masters sef never see JOB so shey na diploma or PGC go improve you when you're back.

Try to read thorouhly ma..

Read your post again. I dislike pointless arguments, what are we even arguing about? Masters versus pgd? Is that even a question?

If u had admission for masters will you be talking about pgd? I don't understand why some people lie to themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
you guys have commented well on this pgc/pgd versus masters thing.

I'll just say that there must be a sense of purpose in whatever one is doing.

You must also be able to convincingly prove to the VO's that you will return to ur home country if you cannot legally remain in canada after your studies irrespective of whatever program you apply for.

End of discussion....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:
Like when should someone expect admission for fall season?

Around March ending bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

Read your post again. I dislike pointless arguments, what are we even arguing about? Masters versus pgd? Is that even a question?

If u had admission for masters will you be talking about pgd? I don't understand why some people lie to themselves.

That's the main point, most graduates on here have a graduated with a 2.2 and hence most Canadian schools don't accept that for Masters that's why they opt for a PGD and that's no one's fault. Even those with a 2.1 are been denied admission into Masters programmes

The other point is if 96% of those with a 2.2 got a Masters admission they wouldn't even think of a PGD so let's stop these arguments

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

Thanks. I am going to do my pgd program but I will discuss with the school to accelerate it. You can submit your Brock uni letter at Poe if u want to change.
Sorry, I wasn't clear with my comment,I meant that was what I did two years ago when I got to Canada.
I don't know if you got my PM request.

@ PGD vs Masters, there is no need for such argument if you are in Nigeria. Come into Canada to see things for yourself before making subjective argument about the seniority of one over the other. One thing we Nigerians are good at is trying to undermine others by saying one thing is better than the other. The simple truth about the Canadian system is that some courses are better instructed in a college while some are not because of the practicality involved; like vocational courses. We have to be very analytical in our argument to make it objective rather than subjective.
Anyways, nobody give a **** about your degree if you are exceptional at doing what you do. *Nigerians and inferiority complex are like bread and Iya Koffi's beans*. grin grin Chai i miss that beans.....Mizbaby reply to my PM or better still, answer my question here.

Cheers kiss

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
shodexy:

You must also be able to convincingly prove to the VO's that you will return to ur home country if you cannot legally remain in canada after your studies irrespective of whatever program you apply for.

End of discussion....
brandymcmb:

That's the main point, most graduates on here have a graduated with a 2.2 and hence most Canadian schools don't accept that for Masters that's why they go for PGD and that's no one's fault. Even those with a 2.1 are been denied admission into Masters programmes
The other point is if 96% of those with a 2.2 got a Masters admission they wouldn't even think of a PGD so let's stop this arguments

You are both on point. cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Jesusgang:
@ Mizbaby, Eruditor and Hayqinsbfx

Most coys list Bsc as their minimum educational qualification for applicants and all other degrees will be added advantage. YOUR SKILLS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT. Also please take note that some coys reserve some positions for only PHDS.

@ Eruditor, a 2-year POST SECONDARY Education qualifies you for a 3-year PGWP as stated on CIC website.

Thank You @Jesusgang, you nailed it with POST-SECONDARY. I always thought the 3-year PGWP was for just college grads forgetting that even the masters qualifies as Post-secondary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
I can only shake my head..

If n masters degree I want ganan...UK or aussie dey dere na....
I go get admission....

U hve seen that u were only disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because we have been sayin the same tin as regards why college applicants stand a lesser chance in visa applctin than masters

Mizbaby:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Why u go forget that kain tin na
Eruditor:

Thank You @Jesusgang, you nailed it with POST-SECONDARY. I always thought the 3-year PGWP was for just college grads forgetting that even the masters qualifies as Post-secondary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

I also advise, do a lot of research before posting.

You guys make a lot of emotional arguments on here. It acts as a comic relief atimes. Now is such a time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Why u go forget that kain tin na

That's why I kept putting the caveat: "I stand corrected. My statements are not set in stone". I just wanted each poser to be rebutted with facts and not emotive responses.

Imagine someone on here implying that some of us making these objective arguments are doing so because we have lower degrees. Isn't it comical?

I read a post from solo8 where he said even a professor of his went on to get 3 advanced diploma degrees after becoming a Professor because he wanted hands-on experience or so. That professor must have had a 2.2. LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by charles316: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nigerians always forget that job experience/skills matter more than whatever certificate you have.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
shodexy:

End of discussion....

See the highlighted point you made, it is epic. Bandwagon effect is the bane of many Nigerians. Looking for inflated degrees that adds little or nothing to their career plans, save ego-padding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Huzzie:

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my comment,I meant that was what I did two years ago when I got to Canada.

@ PGD vs Masters, there is no need for such argument if you are in Nigeria. Come into Canada to see things for yourself before making subjective argument about the seniority of one over the other. One thing we Nigerians are good at is trying to undermine others by saying one thing is better than the other. The simple truth about the Canadian system is that some courses are better instructed in a college while some are not because of the practicality involved; like vocational courses. We have to be very analytical in our argument to make it objective rather than subjective.
Anyways, nobody give a **** about your degree if you are exceptional at doing what you do. *Nigerians and inferiority complex are like bread and Iya Koffi's beans*. grin grin Chai i miss that beans.....Mizbaby reply to my PM or better still, answer my question here.

Cheers kiss

You may not get that PM replied with this message o. Tell them Master's degree is senior to Associate degrees or else they'd accuse you of having 2.2.

Una for use the seniority buy house na. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

You guys make a lot of emotional arguments on here. It acts as a comic relief atimes. Now is such a time.

That post you made earlier still cracking my ribs. Did you actually read that before posting?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
I can only shake my head..

If n masters degree I want ganan...UK or aussie dey dere na....
I go get admission....

U hve seen that u were only disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because we have been sayin the same tin as regards why college applicants stand a lesser chance in visa applctin than masters

It's hopeless discussing with you. Pls move on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

Just imagine. Why are commenting here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Huzzie:

Cheers kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
Huzzie:

Cheers kiss

What can I possibly have to tell you when you have been in Canada for two years?
Besides I can't find a question in your post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

That post you made earlier still cracking my ribs. Did you actually read that before posting?

Glad I could humor you. Laughter is good for the soul, especially at moments when we are sweating over a career decision we were so sure was right before that now (based on new info) seems iffy.

Tell me, which of my posts cracked you up the most? The one that I said I 'stand corrected' or do you even know what the phrase means?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

Glad I could humor you. Laughter is good for the soul, especially at moments when we are sweating over a career decision we were so sure was right before that now (based on new info) seems iffy.

Tell me, which of my posts cracked you up the most? The one that I said I 'stand corrected' or do you even know what the phrase means?

Lol, are you sweating? because I've got both the pgd and the msc so it's d best of both worlds if you get what I mean grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

Guy you're a clown lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
DPizzy:

Pheew!

Hi brandy, hayqinx, and evr1 here; you guys are doing a great job here. Currently on mid-semester break, so just checking on and want to extend my regards.

Time flies here like Usain Bolt couple with intense school workload.

Congrats to successful applicants, and wishing hopefuls God favour.

Any1 coming to Mun or av any question about Mun can Quote this msg or pm me as a way of giving back.

thanks

Hey bro hope you're doing good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
so now you were discussing not arguing......
interesting.....
Mizbaby:

It's hopeless discussing with you. Pls move on.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

What can I possibly have to tell you when you have been in Canada for two years?
Besides I can't find a question in your post.

Being in Canada doesn't make one the master of all grin. grin
I had earlier explained my plight in my first post. I would like to know the content of the mail you sent to Accra I need if for a relative.
Application was sent Dec 6th with upfront medicals and nothing has been heard, mail was sent to DHC Lagos last week and the reply indicated that it is being processed in ACCRA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by E383: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

You may not get that PM replied with this message o. Tell them Master's degree is senior to Associate degrees or else they'd accuse you of having 2.2.

And Eruditor types in pidgin. shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eruditor:

Honestly, I was referring to everyone about the PGD vs Masters brouhaha not Mizbaby, I usually don't take sides in argument to allow me see reason in participants view. I have been on this forum for a long time and it is annoying to see the same argument regenerate from time to time. e.g. Does Canada share database with US, can the Embassy access the balance in ones account, PGD vs Masters etc.
I come here from time to time because this forum attracts me like insect to light. Usually, I work backstage through PMs and I have met some Nairalanders one on one here in Canada which excite me.
Anyways, we need more body to absorb this cold, make una do quick come abeg.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Huzzie:

Being in Canada doesn't make one the master of all grin. grin
I had earlier explained my plight in my first post. I would like to know the content of the mail you sent to Accra I need if for a relative.
Application was sent Dec 6th with upfront medicals and nothing has been heard, mail was sent to DHC Lagos last week and the reply indicated that it is being processed in ACCRA.

The mail I sent was about the processing delay. I sent the mail to the Accra office. Included my name, application number and date of birth. That was all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks so much bro. #FingersCrossed
DPizzy:

Around March ending bro!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Huzzie: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

The mail I sent was about the processing delay. I sent the mail to the Accra office. Included my name, application number and date of birth. That was all.

Thanks, this was the same content sent to Lagos, was just wondering if there was something special.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mizbaby:

Lol, are you sweating? because I've got both the pgd and the msc so it's d best of both worlds if you get what I mean grin

Yes Mizbaby, I am (the days have been hotter won't you say?). If my plan in Nigeria clicks, I'd be able to send 2 of my mistresses to Canada. I like women like that grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
E383:

And Eruditor types in pidgin. shocked

Please, don't mention. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.