Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039449 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
@Oboerhiri have you got a eply?
the last time i checked you were waiting since december with loriadah....

No oh. Just received the monthly update email on March 16th. I'm hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by BE811APP: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2016
Hello Good People,

Pls how can One build a good case on the lump/large sum of amount in an account..

If its a gift or sale of property.. how is it gonna be explained that it wont raise issues..

Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2016
what den do you want from the house by posting your documents when you dont have a reply already......
Oboerhiri:

No oh. Just received the monthly update email on March 16th. I'm hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
okay...sorry i mistook u for someone else....
a GCMS is your best bet bro...to have a clearer picture
@hayqinsbfx have u applied for this GCMS before?if yes/no kindly let me know because from this image below asking a relative to help, after filling the form it clearly states that they cant apply for a GCMS for someone who does not reside in canada or who is not a citizen. so if u know another way let me know.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 9:39am On Mar 21, 2016
DanIndia:
No, it's not only for Canadian Citizens. A TRV holder in Canada can also do the same for you, I believe.
I do know about someone though and this offer was from like 5 years back, he'll do it for you for free only if you agree to buy your parents a gift or take them out for dinner. Such a generous offer and yes, he did it for many people.

The best bet is for you to ask that same person to try again, the first page itself has three options and it's possible they may have selected the Canadian Citizen option.

because my relative is a citizen requesting on behalf of me. its clearly stated on the page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2016
I don't really understand the picture...

Applyin for a GCMS notes pretty straightforward.
You can do it yourself from naija all you need is some personal informatio about the fellow that's legally staying canada.
After he has given you his information you will fill it in th right spaces.

Then you have to print a consent form which yu will sign, scan and upload.
You will also hav hav scan your refusal letter too.

Note u have to choose to apply online for for gcms note.

Just click online and follow follow instructions
Jackson755:

@hayqinsbfx have u applied for this GCMS before?if yes/no kindly let me know because from this image below asking a relative to help, after filling the form it clearly states that they cant apply for a GCMS for someone who does not reside in canada or who is not a citizen. so if u know another way let me know.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Bandeco(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2016
Oboerhiri:
Hi everyone, this forward and backward talk is irritating. Learn to appreciate the truth from people's experiences. I'm an expert at UK visa online applications. The truth is, they don't trust Nigerians out there and when you talk about SOA's, the total cost of your trip, including feeding, transportation, housing and even allowance is calculated by the VOs for the duration of your stay in any foreign country. Dem no even want make you come their country sef, not to talk of staying there, I've been denied a UK visa before along with my parents, and an immmigration lawyer helped us repackage our documents and you would not imagine what my parents had to submit, original copies of Marriage Certificate, pictures of my family, pictures of the Petrol Station owned by my parents, Certificate of Incorporation of the company, letters from the company stating that they are entitled for a vacation and are actually due for it and the trip would be sponsored by the company, company's SOA, Personal and Joint SOAs of my parents, my brother's (who we were going to visit) payslip for the past 4 months, his wedding invitation card, pictures of his traditional wedding that was done in Lagos (cos' na white wedding we wan go attend for that side), all his stamped passport and biodata pages, our vaccination cards, we even had to submit the deed of the the land, the company property was on, and deeds of the other lands owned by my dad. We were granted the UK visa when all this proof was presented and all original documents including pictures were returned.

Now back to my matter, I was denied my first canadian visiting visa in 2012, reason was they were not sure I would return to Naija, my sister decided to use study permit format in 2015, I was denied as well, but it was partly our fault, my SOA and Mum's SOA (cos' dad is now late) wasn't submitted. Before reapplying in December, I had to include the following documents (scanned cos' its an online application):
- my dad's death certificate
- my dad's last will and testament (showing the properties belonging to my mum, sister and I).
- pictures of my inherited property.
- my SOA
- mum's personal SOA
- Company's SOA
- Board Resolution letter of the company
- letter stating that my mum has approved my going to study and she would still support me alongside my sponsor (my sister).
- Sponsor's SOA and payslip of 4 months
- my Uniben Certificate
- my WAEC Certificate
- my Uniben PGD Admission letter of 2014
- Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Biodata page of the Medicals done in my previous application (which now acts as Upfront Medicals).
- pictures of my sister (sponsor) and I, mum and I
- one or two dad's funeral photos
- Humber Admission letter (still the first one from the previous application).
- Humber Acceptance and Sit Confirmation letter
etc

[s][/s]For those bragging about Germany, my brother who got married to a German girl last year is still here in Naija learning the German language, he's taking the language exam in April and has to pass it. He was denied a visiting visa last year that's why the girl had to come get married to him here last year. Theirs isn't so easy to get too. Nigeria isn't strict on granting visas to other countries, that's why you see that they can freely enter this country with little or no hassles.
To me, I'd say Canada is more lenient than UK or Germany.
[s][/s]

What is your point on this You veered off topic. This has no bearing on our discussion about Germany. We are talking about study visa, you are here making reference to spousal visa. Smh... U don't need any lesson in German to go to Germany as a student if ur program is tutored in English.
Ur brother was denied visiting visa probably cos he didn't demonstrate good home tie (as in the case of tourist visa) to make the officials believe he will come back. If anyone is going to Germany to meet a spouse that person must have a prior knowledge of German. This does not apply to international student studying a program in taught entirely in English.

If Canada is so easy why were you denied with all the documents u submitted Probably because of ur 3rd class uniben certificate grin grin grin Omo see documents only to submit for study visa. Very Soon some applicants will provide documents and pictures of them swearing in Ogun or amadioha shrine to prove to Canadian VO that they will return to Nigeria or are going to study grin grin grin. grin grin grin. Try Germany and see the difference.. I am talking base on experience. I have experience both process firsthand. Germany is way easier and cheaper to obtain study visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 10:57am On Mar 21, 2016
Bandeco:
[s][/s]

What is your point on this You veered off topic. This has no bearing on our discussion about Germany. We are talking about study visa, you are here making reference to spousal visa. Smh... U don't need any lesson in German to go to Germany as a student if ur program is tutored in English.
Ur brother was denied visiting visa probably cos he didn't demonstrate good home tie (as in the case of tourist visa) to make the officials believe he will come back. If anyone is going to Germany to meet a spouse that person must have a prior knowledge of German. This does not apply to international student studying a program in taught entirely in English.

If Canada is so easy why were you denied with all the documents u submitted Probably because of ur 3rd class uniben certificate grin grin grin Omo see documents only to submit for study visa. Very Soon some applicants will provide documents and pictures of them swearing in Ogun or amadioha shrine to prove to Canadian VO that they will return to Nigeria or are going to study grin grin grin. grin grin grin. Try Germany and see the difference.. I am talking base on experience. I have experience both process firsthand. Germany is way easier and cheaper to obtain study visa

Niggars go be like VO dis is me swearing in a shrine if i dnt come bck my village juju will hunt me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yetunde84: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2016
Good morning beautiful nairalanders.

I just want to share my experience with you on how I got my TRV.

I applied to a school in Canada sometimes in January, 2015. (Note: I used an agent that collected lots of money).Application was to close 31st of that month. My transcript didn't get to the school until Febuary 3rd 2015.

March, 2015 came and went I didn't hear anything from the school, I was at the edge of giving up. Then I decided to mail the school, since it doesn't cost me anything. Meanwhile this agent was not even concerned. Well, it's my life and not his. In less than a week after I sent the mail, April 2016, I got a mail. Attached to this mail was my admission letter, with a grant of over 4,000 CAD. I was overwhelmed. Then the search for sponsor and all other supporting documents began. (Note: resumption was September, 2015).

First week in June, I submitted my application through paper route since my documents were bulky. I used two sponsors, Cousin and Uncle. I fasted and prayed for almost a month. Three weeks after submission, I was called for Medicals. I was so happy when I got the mail, knowing then that once you're callled its an assurance that you will get the visa. Then I stopped fasting but kept praying.

Towards the end of July, I got the MOST shocking news since I came on earth, a refusal letter. The following are the reasons: travel history, family tie, purpose of travel, personal assets and financial status. I summoned courage to still thank the Almighty God.
I immediately emailed the school and by September, My admission was deferred till September, 2016.

Someone on this thread, can't remember the name told me to use only my uncle in the next application. Then I started gathering my documents for the next application. It took me like 5 hours to construct my SOP. My sop was ready my October.

The day I snapped the passport photograph I will be using for my application, the devil struck. I went out and as I was about crossing the road, a car hit me soooo had, I found myself drowning in the gutter. Suddenly, I remembered CANADA , then I shouted HOLY GHOST, people came around to help me and I was taken to the hospital. It was God's saving grace over me ooooooooo.

Please help me tell the DEVIL he is a BASTARD. he Will continue to FAIL.

December 5, 2015, I submitted online a new application. This time I did it myself NO agent, then iused only my uncle as sponsor and I as a co-sponsor since I work.

I am a redeemed memeber and so I went for our Holy ghost congress that started 7th or so.....I paid a pledge to the new auditorium, it was not convinient, but I did it for the Lord so He can also grant my desire. December 30th, I was called for medicals, went for it at the children practise. 2nd week in January I got medical passed on my cic account,.

I took part in the 40days fasting and prayer and got lots of revelation about my visa being approved.

The night of January 25th/26th, I had a dream that I was sharing people's letter, approved or refused. When I got to my name, Iit was as if I saw a refusal, but conditionally approved. I must tell you, when I woke up I was scared and sad. I managed to pray.

When I got to the office (26th of January, 2016), I was so unhappy like, a bad news is coming soon. Then I took the prayer point for that day. After which I went to the empty office, I was just singing and dancing, just praising the Lord. When I was satisfied praising God, I went back to my table, took my phone, then saw a mail from cic that I have a message on my account. I was scared oooooo, shaking seriously. I opened my account and behold, IT WAS A PASSPORT REQUEST.........OH WHAT JOY THAT FILL MY SOUL. Still in the shaking mood, I went to the empty office and rolled on the floor, praising God. I left the office immediately, took the ferry, straight to Lekki.

Behold, 28th of January, 2016 my visa arrived with 2years and 7 months.

Who did it? ( JESUS!!! OH MY GOD WAOOOOOOOOO)

I hope this encourages those who where REFUSED, those who are EXPECTANT, and those who are about to submit.

All the best friends.

47 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2016
What a story @yetunde84
"WHAT JOY That FILL MY SOUL"

Lesson learnt...
"If you want to give up remember why you started"

My story coming soon, much more emotional I must say..

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yetunde84: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
What a story @yetunde84
"WHAT JOY That FILL MY SOUL"

Lesson learnt...
"If you want to give up remember why you started"

My story coming soon, much more emotional I must say..

You will get your VISA in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ikem01(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2016
I tap into ur testimony @yetunde84.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2016
AMEN o
yetunde84:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice one yetunde.. Can u pls share ur SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks at yetunde for lifting the spirit and morale of the applicants here. When men shall say there is casting Down we shall say there is a lifting up. Applicants get ready our TRV has been approved.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bosypumpin: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=43892086]These denials are really shocking because majority of these applications are very nicely packaged............
my brother, I taya o.
applied for TRV since Feb 6th, no response, no update- funny enough, i think i prefer the silence to any sudden change of mind from medical request to refusal without waiting for the medical request to be uploaded.

IT IS WELL.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
Amen

lonzo:
Thanks at yetunde for lifting the spirit and morale of the applicants here. When men shall say there is casting Down we shall say there is a lifting up. Applicants get ready our TRV has been approved.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Daveboiz(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Another level soon IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Osesmith: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Osesmith:
Please people I'm filling my application for study permit made outside canada and I need your help.

I got admitted into an Meng program from Windsor and my offer letter states fee as $3187 per course and I'm to offer 8 courses for 2years
Following cic instructions
*Should I write the fees for 1 year on the fees box or that of the entire program of 2 years because I'm showing financial strength for 1 year

Fund available for 1 year $31,000
Please I need all your input to clarify my doubts

Please the gurus I am still waiting for your contributions. I'm submitting my app this week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
house I was thinking that this issue of personal assets and financial status can be solved by transferring the money dedicated towards our tuition and feeding to an account with the applicants name...its just a suggestion, that the gurus should consider, any opinion would be welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Osesmith:

Please the gurus I am still waiting for your contributions. I'm submitting my app this week.
I will advise you if you have funds for the 2years show it or show for the 1year then your documents i.e. sponsor letter, to explain how the 2nd year will be paid.
PS. Am not one of the Gurus here....just my own suggestion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
lonzo:

Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kibo: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
yetunde84:

Hi Yetunde, thanks for the wonderful explanation.

Just a little question, did you have to pay part/full tuition before applying for TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kibo: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hi Guys, i know we get a lot of questions repeating themselves on this forum. Can anyone advise on this

How does paying for tuition before TRV application affect one's chances of getting study permit, i.e does it increase your chances ?? Can you actually apply without paying for tuition ??

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yetunde84: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
kibo:

Hi Yetunde, thanks for the wonderful explanation.

Just a little question, did you have to pay part/full tuition before applying for TRV

I did not pay part/full tuition. Although some schools require that you pay. But if they didn't state that, I dont see any resson why you should pay.

I dont believe paying tuition guarantees TRV.
I hope this helps you better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ulysses84(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please, I want some clarification on this: is it compulsory I include my personal statement of account when making my visa application even when the funds from my sponsor and the scholarship from the school adequately cover for all the financial need that may arise?

Kindly oblige with the necessary info.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by morenitemi: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=yetunde84 post=43968355]Good morning beautiful nairalanders.

I hope this encourages those who where REFUSED, those who are EXPECTANT, and those who are about to submit.

Congratulations. I tap into your testimony.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kibo: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
yetunde84:

I did not pay part/full tuition. Although some schools require that you pay. But if they didn't state that, I dont see any resson why you should pay.

I dont believe paying tuition guarantees TRV.
I hope this helps you better.

Yeah, Thanks.. This helps a lot. Pardon me, this is my last question. I was also curious to know how you were able to prove home ties ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
How much was in ur sponsor statement of account
yetunde84:

I applied to a school in Canada sometimes in January, 2015. (Note: I used an agent that collected lots of money).Application was to close 31st of that month. My transcript didn't get to the school until Febuary 3rd 2015.

March, 2015 came and went I didn't hear anything from the school, I was at the edge of giving up. Then I decided to mail the school, since it doesn't cost me anything. Meanwhile this agent was not even concerned. Well, it's my life and not his. In less than a week after I sent the mail, April 2016, I got a mail. Attached to this mail was my admission letter, with a grant of over 4,000 CAD. I was overwhelmed. Then the search for sponsor and all other supporting documents began. (Note: resumption was September, 2015).

First week in June, I submitted my application through paper route since my documents where bulky. I used two sponsors, Cousin and Uncle. I fasted and prayed for almost a month. Three weeks after submission, I was called for Medicals. I was so happy when I got the mail, knowing then that once you're callled its an assurance that you will get the visa. Then I stopped fasting but kept praying.

Towards the end of July, I got the MOST shocking news since I came on earth, a refusal letter. The following are the reasons: travel history, family tie, purpose of travel, personal assets and financial status. I summoned courage to still thank the Almighty God.
I immediately emailed the school and by September, My admission was deferred till September, 2016.

Someone on this thread, can't remember the name told me to use only my uncle in the next application. Then I started gathering my documents for the next application. It took me like 5 hours to construct my SOP. My sop was ready my October.

The day I snapped the passport photograph I will be using for my application, the devil struck. I went out and as I was about crossing the road, a car hit me soooo had, I found myself drowning in the gutter. Suddenly, I remembered CANADA , then I shouted HOLY GHOST, people came around to help me and I was taken to the hospital. It was God's saving grace over me ooooooooo.

Please help me tell the DEVIL he is a BASTARD. he Will continue to FAIL.

December 5, 2015, I submitted online a new application. This time I did it myself NO agent, then iused only my uncle as sponsor and I as a co-sponsor since I work.

I am a redeemed memeber and so I went for our Holy ghost congress that started 7th or so.....I paid a pledge to the new auditorium, it was not convinient, but I did it for the Lord so He can also grant my desire. December 30th, I was called for medicals, went for it at the children practise. 2nd week in January I got medical passed on my cic account,.

I took part in the 40days fasting and prayer and got lots of revelation about my visa being approved.

The night of January 25th/26th, I had a dream that I was sharing people's letter, approved or refused. When I got to my name, Iit was as if I saw a refusal, but conditionally approved. I must tell you, when I woke up I was scared and sad. I managed to pray.

When I got to the office (26th of January, 2016), I was so unhappy like, a bad news is coming soon. Then I took the prayer point for that day. After which I went to the empty office, I was just singing and dancing, just praising the Lord. When I was satisfied praising God, I went back to my table, took my phone, then saw a mail from cic that I have a message on my account. I was scared oooooo, shaking seriously. I opened my account and behold, IT WAS A PASSPORT REQUEST.........OH WHAT JOY THAT FILL MY SOUL. Still in the shaking mood, I went to the empty office and rolled on the floor, praising God. I left the office immediately, took the ferry, straight to Lekki.

Behold, 28th of January, 2016 my visa arrived with 2years and 7 months.

All the best friends.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oboerhiri(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
what den do you want from the house by posting your documents when you dont have a reply already......

Stop troubleshooting @hayqinsbFX. I was just trying to explain some things. You don't need to have a reply or response to everyone's comments. Chill guy and stop stressing yourself unnecessarily.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Eruditor: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Papichulon:
@ eruditor, do u advice that I use maple education for my next package, it's just dat there fee is outrageous, I'd have to pay 160k(Medicals,vfs fee,etc) with additional 2000usd dollars but if it's guaranteed I don't mind. Wotchu think house? Anoda major problem is that if denied a visa Dere wld be no refund. Please advice

Not affiliated to the Agency and I will not use them if I am to apply for a TRV. But they have some degree of success (at least going by my friends' experiences). I will put their success rate at 8.5/10. Which means there still exists a 15% chance that you could be unsuccessful -and yes they are expensive. Just that, of all the Agencies in Nigeria, I think they are the most recognised.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Governoryomi: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
yetunde84:

I applied to a school in Canada sometimes in January, 2015.

@Yetunde84. Firstly, congrats. Our God is always faithful. Remain firm in him for greater and more unimaginable breakthroughs. I as a result, key into yoir testimony. I'll however like to see your SOP to help in mine...johnabayomi6@gmail.com is my mail. I'll so appreciate. Help a redeemer too. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.