Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1073078 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Stop spamming the thread. Google the list of schools in Canada, look through the programs, choose 1 or 2 schools and look through the requirements of the program you want and apply if you qualify
aliACCA:
GOOD day house, i'm ALI from Ghana..just graduated from University where i studied political science. Currently, i intend to divert into finance. I want to know my chance of gaining admission in this field and any recommendation as to which university i should look at....

by the way, i am an ACCA Final student. thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dabson2020: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please what is the content of the approval mail?

Dear e-family, I want to quickly drop this one to appreciate the house for their help and timely advise. Although am a silent follower of the thread. Here goes my TRV journey :

Application date : 26/06/2015 paper route
Medical mail : 29/07/2015
Medical done: 11/08/2015
Approval mail: 17/08/2015

Document submitted :
All cic forms
Intro letter from office
Study leave letter
SOA
A page SOP
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from wifey
Family pictures
Admission letter from Humber college
Pension statement
My professional certification.
UG transcript

I wish all other hopefuls big success this week.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dabson2020: 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
i got a dispatch mail on the 19th too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
dabson2020:
Did you get approval mail? Most pple who got pp dispatch on 19th didnt get approval mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
dabson2020:
N did u apply for fall sept or winter january?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
dabson2020:
N did u apply for fall sept 2015 or winter january 2016?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justicia: 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
Graviton2:

PMed you. Do reply.
Replied you already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by success2sure: 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
God to be praised just checked my cic account & saw medical request mail came on the 20th

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charlesemeka85(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=ralfudoh post=37261734]A 1yr or 2yrs programme?
/quote] 2yrs cus i intend staying back
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
/quote]

2yrs cus i intend staying back. Also after paying my 1st year tuition fee can i raise enough money to pay for the next academic section while studying and working?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charlesemeka85(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
[/quote
2yrs cus i intend staying back. Also after paying my 1st year tuition fee can i raise enough money to pay for the next academic section while studying and working?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sholay2011(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
success2sure:
God to be praised just checked my cic account & saw medical request mail came on the 20th
Congrats bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
justicia:
Replied you already.

Answered in turn, Sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
success2sure:

Congratulations!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by success2sure: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by amajato: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please who can help me apply for PhD program in Canada. Mathematics. Please I need an urgent reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Mystiqme: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
chubbybarbie:

Tnks atleast one person remembered me on this thread, it's bin a very difficult journey and the devil tried a lot on my case buh he failed woefully.
After I received my medical request and updated it on this thread,I then proceeded to Lagos for medical request. On my way to the clinic my passport got lost in transit. I almost ran mad.i was stranded in lag for three days going from one motor park to the other
At the end of the day,had to inform cic of my predicament and had to travel to Abuja for a replacement oooo.did my medical for 48000 instead of 28000 in Lagos cos they don't require original passport at Abuja clinic oo.
Fast forward to today I am proud to say I have my trv.God is good.
To many of us hoping to get trv pls do not relent until u achieve your dreams cos God told me he hasn't finished even wen Others told me to defer the admission cos I dnt have time again. Mind u my school resumes dis same July.see u all in canada Inshallah .

Hi,

I would like to make inquires about getting admission in York.

I sent you a PM.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17am On Aug 24, 2015

ralfudoh:
A 1yr or 2yrs programme?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charlesemeka85(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2015
charlesemeka85:

2yrs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 12:19am On Aug 24, 2015
congrats... which program are you going for?
dabson2020:
Please what is the content of the approval mail?

Dear e-family, I want to quickly drop this one to appreciate the house for their help and timely advise. Although am a silent follower of the thread. Here goes my TRV journey :

Application date : 26/06/2015 paper route
Medical mail : 29/07/2015
Medical done: 11/08/2015
Approval mail: 17/08/2015

Document submitted :
All cic forms
Intro letter from office
Study leave letter
SOA
A page SOP
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from wifey
Family pictures
Admission letter from Humber college
Pension statement
My professional certification.
UG transcript

I wish all other hopefuls big success this week.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by realone01(m): 1:03am On Aug 24, 2015
hwfa bro
favour0011:
congrats... which program are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 1:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Use this link to search for programs in Canada. To leverage a lot of info on this thread, go through the links posted by @richcasey.

Also, if you want to divert into finance, I hope you have several strong compelling reasons for that, because when you apply for a Canada student visa you would have to write a statement of purpose to CIC convincingly stating why you are doing this course switch. Treat this very very importantly otherwise you will get a "Purpose of Visit" and "Length of Proposed Stay" visa denial.

Also, as @TheBae said, using Google (and the links in the first paragraph above) effectively would answer many of your questions about what schools to look at. If you want more deep knowledge about Canada student visa application and school admission strategies, read as much of this thread as you can. Read, read, read, and keep reading. I recommend you at least start from page one of Part 8 and then you can come back to ask further questions if you have any.

Best of luck.

aliACCA:
GOOD day house, i'm ALI from Ghana..just graduated from University where i studied political science. Currently, i intend to divert into finance. I want to know my chance of gaining admission in this field and any recommendation as to which university i should look at....

by the way, i am an ACCA Final student. thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 2:09am On Aug 24, 2015
Seeing as you've almost completed your ACCA certification, you might be able to make the switch. You would need to identify a few schools with programs that interest you and then apply.
Some might require you to take some preliminary courses in finance but you should be able to find something. All the best with your plans.

P.S: @richcasey has a list of useful links which includes colleges & universities. You could start from there.
aliACCA:

by the i am an ACCA Final student. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 2:12am On Aug 24, 2015
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPE

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM IMM5753E

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS
COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS WITH & WITHOUT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

@thesoj good job helping people here bro
please check this link for me, i want to use them for my gcms file request and i'm not so sure how legit they are

***UPDATED***

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 2:20am On Aug 24, 2015
Am I right in assuming that the reference letter is meant to serve as a home tie i.e. The individual's commitment and involvement in a "community" project?

In that case, the fellowship leader should give a brief introduction of the house fellowship & their activities, the applicant's involvement and contribution to the group. The future projects of the fellowship and possibility of the applicant contributing further upon his/her return. The fact that he/she would be missed and how seeing the individual is committed to always contributing to his/her immediate environment, you anticipate that he/she would be an asset to the university/college environment in Canada.

ddestiny:
Hello house, please what can a pastor/house fellowship leader write as a recommendation/reference letter unbehalf of a TRV applicant ?. The applicant is an Assistant House Felowship Leader that want to submit his Study Visa application next week and want to submit the letter along with the package or does anyoune has a sample of such letter ?. Awaiting your usual prompt responses/contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 2:33am On Aug 24, 2015
@solo8 am in st Catherines already buzz me when ever you are around....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by montrealer: 2:33am On Aug 24, 2015
It is true that completing a 2yr program makes you eligible for a longer (3yr work permit) but you can also stay back following a 1yr program.

Also, it is possible to work and study though you're only allowed 20h/wk during school time and full-time during the holidays. Given that you have limited hours to work per week and the types of jobs usually available to students, it might be a challenge raising the full tuition for the 2nd year. However, if you work really hard, you might get opportunities for funding, or grants which might tide you over. Also, some schools are understanding and let you negotiate payment schemes.

charlesemeka85:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 2:50am On Aug 24, 2015
@richcasey, you are welcome. Your contribution to this thread is indispensable bro.

About visafile.info, I went through their site and did some google searches to see if there had been complaints about their credibility but I couldn't find any such complaints.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 3:31am On Aug 24, 2015
two weeks and counting bro.... nothing yet!!
realone01:
hwfa bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gratefulaheart: 5:04am On Aug 24, 2015
richcasey:
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPE

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM IMM5753E

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS
COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS WITH & WITHOUT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

@thesoj good job helping people here bro
please check this link for me, i want to use them for my gcms file request and i'm not so sure how legit they are

***UPDATED***

God bless you kiss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gratefulaheart: 5:07am On Aug 24, 2015
Team12 seem to have modify her post on the list of doc she submitted with her app. sad sad sad Whoever has it should please paste it here for newcomers like us, plssssssssss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.