Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,673 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342812 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by 1b8m: 7:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Chibydinho:

When last did you give Lasota?
6weeks ago
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by 1b8m: 7:36am On Nov 28, 2020
chukskafor:
As for the coccidiosis, use amprolium but for the new castle, you can only prevent, it can't be treated.
BTW, how did you get to know that they have cccidiosis and new castle, was it through diagnosis or from physical appearance, what are the exhibiting signs you saw that made you to conclude ?
Try uploading a pix or two
there are either bloody or greenish watery poo all over the pen.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 7:53am On Nov 28, 2020
1b8m:
there are either bloody or greenish watery poo all over the pen.
Bloody diarrhoea signifies intestinal coccidiosis but from your above description, there is no sign of newcastle disease involved.
Newcastle is significant with wing drooping, coughing and difficulty in breathing as well as running temperature, wing flapping and difficulty in walking with occasional paralysis, and twisting of neck in a most severe case called (òjugò in Igbo language and ugbhohor in Edo language)

Modified: you did not include the history of your birds in your complaint bro, what was your vaccination schedule like (by history i meant the age of the birds, vaccination given so far and your biosecurity provision)
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by 1b8m: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2020
chukskafor:
Bloody diarrhoea signifies intestinal coccidiosis but from your above description, there is no sign of newcastle disease involved.
Newcastle is significant with wing drooping, coughing and difficulty in breathing as well as running temperature, wing flapping and difficulty in walking with occasional paralysis, and twisting of neck in a most severe case called (òjugò in Igbo language and ugbhohor in Edo language)I
Modified: you did not include the history of your birds in your complaint bro, what was your vaccination schedule like (by history i meant the age of the birds, vaccination given so far and your biosecurity provision)
I vaccinated with lasota on 7th day and gumboro on the 14th day. Because they kept falling ill, I suspended vaccination. I've been treating them with prococ and the bloody poo have reduced significantly. But they keep losing weight as their appetite and thirst for food and water has been very poor. Now some of them are passing watery white poo
About biosecurity; I dissinfected the pen before bringing the new birds. Although I just realized that the galvanized feeder wasn't washed. I don't let people into the pen. I have a pair of footwear I use exclusively inside the pen. Honestly, there's a chance that rodents could be enterring the pen.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2020
1b8m:
I vaccinated with lasota on 7th day and gumboro on the 14th day. Because they kept falling ill, I suspended vaccination. I've been treating them with prococ and the bloody poo have reduced significantly. But they keep losing weight as their appetite and thirst for food and water has been very poor. Now some of them are passing watery white poo
About biosecurity; I dissinfected the pen before bringing the new birds. Although I just realized that the galvanized feeder wasn't washed. I don't let people into the pen. I have a pair of footwear I use exclusively inside the pen. Honestly, there's a chance that rodents could be enterring the pen.
Things will sure return to normalcy but it is a gradual process, just keep your faith and hope alive, this faze will pass.
Wishing you all the best.
NB: try get a multivitamin that contain electrolyte and administer to them daily, as this will promote their feeding culture sooner than anticipated
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chibydinho(m): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2020
1b8m:
6weeks ago

Been long.. You need to vaccinate them again.

Also, ensure that their litters are not wet that much.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Chibydinho(m): 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
chukskafor:
Things will sure return to normalcy but it is a gradual process, just keep your faith and hope alive, this faze will pass.
Wishing you all the best.
NB: try get a multivitamin that contain electrolyte and administer to them daily, as this will promote their feeding culture sooner than anticipated

Multivitamin will work, but again, he needs to handle the issue of rodents entering the pen.. That's dangerous as these rats carry disease with them.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
Chibydinho:

Multivitamin will work, but again, he needs to handle the issue of rodents entering the pen.. That's dangerous as these rats carry disease with them.
Yeah, that part skipped me while writing the message

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
9 day old today
Zero mortality
51 broilers
5 foreign turkeys

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Gozychuks(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2020
What’s the benefit of mixing ginger and garlic in the water of broilers
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by timigreene(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good afternoon fellow farmers, kindly help comment on their growth so far, they are 9weeks 4days today. Thanks

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
timigreene:
Good afternoon fellow farmers, kindly help comment on their growth so far, they are 9weeks 4days today. Thanks
Lovely birds you've got there. A few more weeks to go and sales will commence.

God's speed

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
timigreene:
Let us see their weight, we judge by weight.
They look very clean and healthy.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by timigreene(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Redomi:

Let us see their weight, we judge by weight.
They look very clean and healthy.

Unfortunately, I don't have a weighing scale.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kripen(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gozychuks:
What’s the benefit of mixing ginger and garlic in the water of broilers

Good to prevent CRD and good during cold times.when both are mixed with bitter leave and scent leavr good for antiviral and prevention of coccidiosis
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
timigreene:

Unfortunately, I don't have a weighing scale.
From the pictures, they look like Agrited
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by timigreene(m): 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
Redomi:

From the pictures, they look like Agrited

No, CHI
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2020
This is wonderful.....how many are they and how many bags of feed have they consumed till this 3rd week? Feed brand ? Which brand of broiler also?
aysnoopy:
at 3 weeks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
APPEARANCE OF FAECES IN CHICKENS AND THEIR SOLUTIONS
* Droopin with blood ~ *Coccidiosis*
* Greenish drooping ~ late stage of worms, ND Newcastle Disease, eaten not well dry materials or eaten alot green vegetables if free-ranged., fowl cholera.
* White, Milky running drooping ~ worms, gumboro disease (Infectious bursal disease) IBD.
* Brown runny drooping = E.coli infection.
* Yellow and Foaming drooping ~ Early stage of Coccidiostat.
* Black dropping ~ possibility of internal bleeding or too much of proteins.
* Clear or watery running drooping ~ stress or infection bronchitis..!
SOLUTIONS
For Coccidiosis = Toltrazuril base drug, Amprolium, Amprococ, Embacoc, Vitacox e.t.c
To deworm = Ivermectin base drugs and it also work for lice.
For Newcastle disease (ND or NCD) = laSota vaccine.
For Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD) = Gumboro vaccine.
For Fowl Cholera/Typhoid, infection bronchitis, E.coli = there are many strong Antibiotics drugs that care for these like = pure oxytetracycline (oxytet), Enro, vitacox, Doxycycline, Erythromycin e.t.c .
For Internal bleeding = you have stop and pend the Antibiotics drugs using at that period then place them on vitamins for 3-5 days. Consigning the too much of proteins, one need to amend the feed formulation by analyse and runs the test at lab, and if you're purchasing finished feed report to the supplier or change the feed.
For the stress = is likely you stressed them for particular reason, like transferring from one place to another or they have too much heat or lack of unbalanced, instability and insufficient of water or feeds. All these are highly in need of amendments then place them on vitamins to compensate.

5 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
chukskafor:
Newcastle is significant with wing drooping, coughing and difficulty in breathing as well as running temperature, wing flapping and difficulty in walking with occasional paralysis, and twisting of neck in a most severe case called (òjugò in Igbo language and ugbhohor in Edo language)

With regards to this post, I remembered complaining to the house that my birds were losing weights and barely eat. Last week I lost 19 birds of 9weeks old. Some has tract of blood in there dropping, some were pooing just water and white film, one even looked like it poo it's intestines. Though I treated coccis a week before. I was those to repeat the treatment again as it wasn't sufficient, which I have been doing for the past 4days but my challenge right now is the sounds some of the birds make, more like they have cough. They bring out mucus from their mouth and nose and struggle to breath. And they still don't eat. Please I need suggestions
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

With regards to this post, I remembered complaining to the house that my birds were losing weights and barely eat. Last week I lost 19 birds of 9weeks old. Some has tract of blood in there dropping, some were pooing just water and white film, one even looked like it poo it's intestines. Though I treated coccis a week before. I was those to repeat the treatment again as it wasn't sufficient, which I have been doing for the past 4days but my challenge right now is the sounds some of the birds make, more like they have cough. They bring out mucus from their mouth and nose and struggle to breath. And they still don't eat. Please I need suggestions
Sorry for your loses dear, it is always disheartening to see ones investment running into loss before ones very eyes.
As for your question, many factors may be responsible, especially your biosecurity due to
1. Overcrowding in your pen
2. Litter management whereby the wood shavings where not changed on time and ammonia got built up on the floor, thus leading to difficulty in breathing and the nasal and eye discharge as described

Solution may not be limited to treatment with tetracycline capsule in their drinking water for like five days, followed by multivitamin for another let's say five dsys

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

Sorry for your loses dear, it is always disheartening to see ones investment running into loss before ones very eyes.
As for your question, many factors may be responsible, especially your biosecurity due to
2. Litter management whereby the wood shavings where not changed on time and ammonia got built up on the floor, thus leading to difficulty in breathing and the nasal and eye discharge as described

Solution may not be limited to treatment with tetracycline capsule in their drinking water for like five days, followed by multivitamin for another let's say three days, then re-vaccinate LASOTA again.....
I due hope my opinion is helpful.
GOOD LUCK !!!

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

Sir I can help you till mortality will reduced and stopped withing three days.
Are you on deep liter or free range?
is water always available 24/7?
which feed are you using?
when last did you give them Lasota?
when last did you deworm them?
what time do you feed them everyday?
Do you always make feed available?
Do you have space to allow them free range?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
Redomi:

Sir I can help you till mortality will reduced and stopped withing three days.
Are you on deep liter or free range?
is water always available 24/7?
which feed are you using?
when last did you give them Lasota?
when last did you deworm them?
what time do you feed them everyday?
Do you always make feed available?
Do you have space to allow them free range?
They're in an enclosed pen, but I sometimes let them out, especially when I intend disinfecting the place.
Water is almost always available for them
This past few days I let them stay out through out the day because I thought probably the pen has become stuffy for them due to the weather
I'm currently using Vita finisher though I mix with pkc, feed is always made always but I still come back to meet the feed same way.
I feed at about 6:40am, go to check their water by 12/1pm and refill feeds of the ones losing weight and about 6:30pm to feed and fix lamp and send them in.
I last gave lasota 5weeks ago, I dewormed the week after lasota was administered. Though last week when I visited the shop where I get drugs and complained to them, a vet was contacted and he said I treat coccis(5days), deworm and finally give lasota.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
When giving birds drugs, do you give for 24hrs? Especially drugs for coccisidoisis?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
chukskafor:

Solution may not be limited to treatment with tetracycline capsule in their drinking water for like five days, followed by multivitamin for another let's say five dsys
Oh, thanks
It's disheartening truly, considering I barely lost any from onset only to suddenly lose a huge number in two days. I did cry sef
Okay, thanks for your suggestions. Thanks again
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chukskafor(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

Oh, thanks
It's disheartening truly, considering I barely lost any from onset only to suddenly lose a huge number in two days. I did cry sef
You are welcome
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

Oh, thanks

Sorry am just seeing ur message pls kindly get amprolium 250 and give them for 5 days pls update on the progress within the 5 days
Thank u
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ginaz:
When giving birds drugs, do you give for 24hrs? Especially drugs for coccisidoisis?

Yes give throughout the day the next morning wash the drinkers and put new mix of drugs
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

They're in an enclosed pen, but I sometimes let them out, especially when I intend disinfecting the place.
Water is almost always available for them
This past few days I let them stay out through out the day because I thought probably the pen has become stuffy for them due to the weather
I'm currently using Vita finisher though I mix with pkc, feed is always made always but I still come back to meet the feed same way.
I feed at about 6:40am, go to check their water by 12/1pm and refill feeds of the ones losing weight and about 6:30pm to feed and fix lamp and send them in.
I last gave lasota 5weeks ago, I dewormed the week after lasota was administered. Though last week when I visited the shop where I get drugs and complained to them, a vet was contacted and he said I treat coccis(5days), deworm and finally give lasota.
Follow what the vet said, I pray it worked. But if it doesn't, I will come in
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
noeloge82:

Yes give throughout the day the next morning wash the drinkers and put new mix of drugs

OK thanks. I thought I was giving them too much. Can I mix multivitamin drug with the cocci drug I'm giving them or I should give both separately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.