Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (344071 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ogunleti01: 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
EASY39:
I touch their body with my hand the temp is high dif to normal way,yes the prescribe drug gamboru drug,i wil get bak to u.
do you mean administering gumboro or what is gamboru drug. it is not advisable to vaccinate sick birds
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by EASY39(m): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2018
Ogunleti01:
do you mean administering gumboro or what is gamboru drug. it is not advisable to vaccinate sick birds
After Isolating Like 3 Yesterday,pls Save My Birds,have Lost 3 More Ds morning remain 42birds,this is their 6th weeks,am confuse pls,i told house this is my first time,pls ,i administer VERUCIN to them yesterdat ,i expect they survive this.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Turks: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2018
What are the symptoms..
EASY39:
After Isolating Like 3 Yesterday,pls Save My Birds,have Lost 3 More Ds morning remain 42birds,this is their 6th weeks,am confuse pls,i told house this is my first time,pls ,i administer VERUCIN to them yesterdat ,i expect they survive this.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ogunleti01: 11:42am On Apr 10, 2018
EASY39:
How far have you gone with your vaccination? if you haven't vaccinate them especially as regards Gumboro(IBV), the mortality could be very high. Viral infection has no cure in poultry you can only administer supportive drugs to boost their immunity. For the fews that are still active isolate them somewhere and administer gumboro vaccine as soon as possible but make sure they are active. gumboro attacks birds BTW the age of 3 and 6weeks with symptoms like a rapid drop in feed and water consumption, mucoid (slimy) diarrhoea with soiled vent feathers, ruffled feathers, sleeping with beak touching the floor.

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by rightchic(f): 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
noeloge82:

For how long has this been going on
And what else have you administered

For more than 2 weeks now, someone said I should give them just tylosin. I will start by tomorrow. Haven't vaccine them yet cos of the cough, someone advised me not to until the cough stops... Pls what do you think?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
rightchic:

For more than 2 weeks now, someone said I should give them just tylosin. I will start by tomorrow. Haven't vaccine them yet cos of the cough, someone advised me not to until the cough stops... Pls what do you think?

If the birds are not weak I will advice u give them lasota first then d next day u can start giving them tylosin
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by rightchic(f): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2018
noeloge82:

If the birds are not weak I will advice u give them lasota first then d next day u can start giving them tylosin

Ok... Thanks so much
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hi everyone, pls I need ideas on how to go about layers rearing, though I have little mini poultry @ home just for consumption (10cockrel, 5broiler and 2turkeys).

But I really want to go into poultry business plsss I need ideas on what to do

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by EASY39(m): 2:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Ogunleti01:
How far have you gone with your vaccination? if you haven't vaccinate them especially as regards Gumboro(IBV), the mortality could be very high. Viral infection has no cure in poultry you can only administer supportive drugs to boost their immunity. For the fews that are still active isolate them somewhere and administer gumboro vaccine as soon as possible but make sure they are active. gumboro attacks birds BTW the age of 3 and 6weeks with symptoms like a rapid drop in feed and water consumption, mucoid (slimy) diarrhoea with soiled vent feathers, ruffled feathers, sleeping with beak touching the floor.
Thanks To this platform for prompt response to any issue raise here particularly on poultry birds.GOD BLESS YOUR WISDOM HERE.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:42am On Apr 14, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Hi everyone, pls I need ideas on how to go about layers rearing, though I have little mini poultry @ home just for consumption (10cockrel, 5broiler and 2turkeys).

But I really want to go into poultry business plsss I need ideas on what to do
Aye Mi my life, no body responded to my question anyway is there anyone with the idea of where I can get day old chick ard Agbara and badagry axis
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
noeloge82:
Pls don't mind d pic quality
Bros pls I need help, I have a small poultry @ home but just for consumption, but now I have decided to go into poultry business I have a 2bedroom flat I want be managing plsss tell me wot steps to take cos I want to rear broilers and pullet from Day old
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Bros pls I need help, I have a small poultry @ home but just for consumption, but now I have decided to go into poultry business I have a 2bedroom flat I want be managing plsss tell me wot steps to take cos I want to rear broilers and pullet from Day old

No problem just call or chat me on 08135348909
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
noeloge82:

No problem just call or chat me on 08135348909
Thanks a lot sir
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Guliver(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
wen s d maturity period for cockerel pls
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mkmoney(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Pweetiebabe:
Aye Mi my life, no body responded to my question anyway is there anyone with the idea of where I can get day old chick ard Agbara and badagry axis
If you can go to lusada on lusada market day am sure u'll get them its sold there
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aminuelyakub(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
Great farmers,

I want to install nipple drinkers in my broiler pen but I have doubt of it will be effective for broilers in my regoin which is hot. Please I need your advice wheather I should go for it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
Guliver:
wen s d maturity period for cockerel pls

Depending on ur feeding 16 - 20wks will do
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2018
If you have birds depending on ur location the weather now is severely hot ,Pls try and open up ur broaders during d day and for layers make sure ur pens are fully cross ventilated for maximum productions
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by shawylux(f): 8:25pm On May 02, 2018
noeloge82:
If you have birds depending on ur location the weather now is severely hot ,Pls try and open up ur broaders during d day and for layers make sure ur pens are fully cross ventilated for maximum productions
Thanks for the info cause I came back from work this evening and found my boilers panting even though I left the broader open. Fear catch me, but I quickly gave them fresh water because I found out that the drinkers were almost empty. I am considering leaving the broader open through the night. Is it safe?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2018
shawylux:

Thanks for the info cause I came back from work this evening and found my boilers panting even though I left the broader open. Fear catch me, but I quickly gave them fresh water because I found out that the drinkers were almost empty. I am considering leaving the broader open through the night. Is it safe?
Crawling element may use d opportunity to enter ur pen Pls apply caution for night and then double ur water during d day to avoid stampede in their fight for water when u give them

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by haarfeez: 8:40pm On May 04, 2018
5 or 6 weeks old broilers needed in ibadan, Oluyole to be precise. call 08134125884
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2018
haarfeez:
5 or 6 weeks old broilers needed in ibadan, Oluyole to be precise. call 08134125884

Chat me on 08135348909 on Monday morning or Thursday morning
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mukah1234(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2018
Dear noeloge82, Mr. Turks, and every other person here. I want to really appreciate the good work you are all dong here. May God bless you richly.

Here is my story:

I have always wanted to start up a small scale poultry but my major challenge has always been location, I stay on a residential estate here in Lagos and it wouldn't be cool doing poultry here, but recently I got the opportunity of getting a small space somehow far away from where I stay and I think that will be the best place for me to do this. Having gotten through with this challenge I think I am prepared to venture in this business but, there are still some challenges which I am rest assured that with people like you I will definitely scale through. Here are my questions:

1. I have read the thread all through and I have decided to go organic. Can you please help me with a chart for this? I.e. What medication to buy and how to prepare and administer them and when they should be administered.

2. Can you please give me a list of things I need to buy before I start. Although I know some of them but I really do not want to miss any. (Na the list wey u give me I go carry go market).

3. Any other thing you think I should know.

Thanks as I patiently expect your quick and sincere answers as usual. May God continue to bless you all.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2018
Mukah1234:
Dear noeloge82, Mr. Turks, and every other person here. I want to really appreciate the good work you are all dong here. May God bless you richly.

Here is my story:

I have always wanted to start up a small scale poultry but my major challenge has always been location, I stay on a residential estate here in Lagos and it wouldn't be cool doing poultry here, but recently I got the opportunity of getting a small space somehow far away from where I stay and I think that will be the best place for me to do this. Having gotten through with this challenge I think I am prepared to venture in this business but, there are still some challenges which I am rest assured that with people like you I will definitely scale through. Here are my questions:

1. I have read the thread all through and I have decided to go organic. Can you please help me with a chart for this? I.e. What medication to buy and how to prepare and administer them and when they should be administered.

2. Can you please give me a list of things I need to buy before I start. Although I know some of them but I really do not want to miss any. (Na the list wey u give me I go carry go market).

3. Any other thing you think I should know.

Thanks as I patiently expect your quick and sincere answers as usual. May God continue to bless you all.

Good luck to you
Have u constructed a decent broader
If yes then u will need things like charcoal, lamp, feeds, drinkers, flat rubber tray ( for disinfectant) ,buckets, any other thing I will let u know in due cause
U can also chat me on 08135348909
Maybe Turks will guide you for organic requirements
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mukah1234(m): 3:46pm On May 05, 2018
noeloge82:

Good luck to you
Have u constructed a decent broader
If yes then u will need things like charcoal, lamp, feeds, drinkers, flat rubber tray ( for disinfectant) ,buckets, any other thing I will let u know in due cause
U can also chat me on 08135348909
Maybe Turks will guide you for organic requirements

Thank you sir. I will sure chat u up soon.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by obstead200(m): 10:54pm On May 05, 2018
EASY39:
The Symptom High Temp,head Dropping with eye closed,lost weight,can work just panting at one corner,this after i kill dt one,i saw another 5 again whearas i didnt see ds reaction on them before i left out.
bros, I know I am replying late, long after the crisis is over. But my guess is IBD (infectious bursal disease) otherwise known as gumboro. It is a viral disease. The nightmare of farmers because of its high morbidity and mortality rate. I guess u lost over half of the flock (if they are pullets) or 30% if they are broilers.
Next time, follow safe vaccination practices and biosecurity and sanitary rules.
I have had it 2 times with my pulets. Not funny
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by EASY39(m): 3:06am On May 06, 2018
obstead200:
bros, I know I am replying late, long after the crisis is over. But my guess is IBD (infectious bursal disease) otherwise known as gumboro. It is a viral disease. The nightmare of farmers because of its high morbidity and mortality rate. I guess u lost over half of the flock (if they are pullets) or 30% if they are broilers.
Next time, follow safe vaccination practices and biosecurity and sanitary rules.
Thanks Sir,i Lost Almost Half Of It,until I Sold Remain On A Seriouse Loss Stage
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chio75(m): 6:44am On May 06, 2018
Gd day,bro.
Pls highlight on biosecurity & sanitary rules,what does it entail.
Pls,i want 2 learn more.
obstead200:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by EASY39(m): 10:13am On May 23, 2018
obstead200:
Thanks Bro,i really lost so much on it,pls kindly advise about cockreal,i want to switch to it because they were not adapt to sickness like that of broiler,how Profiteble Is Cockreal ?How many weeks of rearing.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by lincoln01(m): 2:59am On Jun 01, 2018
Good morning to you my family members and happy new month, please I need the contact /booking phone number of CHI or ZARTECH farm .

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.