Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The true meaning of the word Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The true meaning of the word Biafra (11287 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
say u no sabi the yoruba meaning of Nigeria? Osogbo weed bad gan
k
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
ok I don hear u,can you now go and drown yourself in the lagoon cheesy
go enjoy your osogbo weed. If Nigeria doesn't have a yoruba meaning, why should Biafra have an Igbo meaning?
Osogbo weed no go free you get sense.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
[quote author=ibadantiti post=37436053][/quote]is that your boyfriend or what grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
go enjoy your osogbo weed. If Nigeria doesn't have a yoruba meaning, why should Biafra have an Igbo meaning?
Osogbo weed no go free you get sense.
omo nna mo ti gbo..but ibos should stop claiming what is not theirs.biafra has nothing to do with the ibos,so you ibos should name your country Republic of alaibo wen you get your independence,and it will be made up of the 5 south eastern state including the ibo part of rivers which doesn't include ikwerre land grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
omo nna mo ti gbo..but ibos should stop claiming what is not theirs.biafra has nothing to do with the ibos,so you ibos should name your country Republic of alaibo wen you get your independence,and it will be made up of the 5 south eastern state including the ibo part of rivers which doesn't include ikwerre land grin
I'm more interested in Lagos that doesn't have a yoruba name.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
I'm more interested in Lagos that doesn't have a yoruba name.
am more intrested in ibos calling theirselves biafrans,when it has nothing to do with the ibos
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
am more intrested in ibos calling theirselves biafrans,when it has nothing to do with the ibos
does Nigeria have anything to do with yoruba? Does lagos have anything to do with yoruba?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
does Nigeria have anything to do with yoruba? Does lagos have anything to do with yoruba?
does biafra have anything to do with the ibos?
Does port harcourt have anything to do with the ibos?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
does biafra have anything to do with the ibos?
Does port harcourt have anything to do with the ibos?
port Harcourt is ugwocha is Igbo. What's Lagos in Yoruba?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
port Harcourt is ugwocha is Igbo. What's Lagos in Yoruba?
lagos is eko akete
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
lagos is eko akete
what doest ekO mean in yoruba?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Smooyis(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bia is come na. As for fra I know not o.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by cyprus000: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
[size=13pt]
I usually don't comment on this kind of _stupid thread,but its evident that many of our young generation of igbo are also ignorant of their heritage.

The word Biafra is coind from
two IGBO WORDS 'bia' which means COME and
'fara' which means LIVE.

NOTE: the "fra" was coind from the word "fara" .

[/size]
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by cyprus000: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
[size=13pt]
You need mental assylum.
[/size]
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
what doest ekO mean in yoruba?
what does Ugwocha mean in ibo?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt] You need mental assylum. [/size]
bi-a-fra has nothing to do with the ibos
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
what does Ugwocha mean in ibo?
ugwocha means ripe hill, so what does eko mean in yoruba?

Please don't tell me its oko?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
ugwocha means ripe hill, so what does eko mean in yoruba?

Please don't tell me its oko?
eko akete means lagos island
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
eko akete means lagos island
eko means "war camp' in Bini.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Smooyis:
Bia is come na. As for fra I know not o.
it is bi-a-fra not bia-fra
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
eko means "war camp' in Bini.
eko might mean war camp,but eko akete means lagos island grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
eko might mean war camp,but eko akete means lagos island grin
nope, it means war camp island.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by cyprus000: 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
bi-a-fra has nothing to do with the ibos

[size=13pt]
I really feel sick by your stupidity. For the benefit of others.
Ama throw more light for my brdas.

The word "biafra" was coind from the two word "bia" and "fara" which is pronouced as biafara in 1642.
But the colonial masters had problem pronouncing it has "biafara",so it was changed to "biafra" .

The word "fara" means "join(I prefer to call it live)". It's very common in Imo. Anambra says "soro" but it could mean "soro ha" meaning "follow them". "fara" means join in the sense that *even though the space is small, we will try to accommodate you.

Hope that gives you some sense..kid
[/size]
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
I really feel sick by your stupidity. For the benefit of others.
Ama throw more light for my brdas.

The word "biafra" was coind from the two word "bia" and "fara" which is pronouced as biafara in 1642.
But the colonial masters had problem pronouncing it has "biafara",so it was changed to "biafra" .

The word "fara" means "join(I prefer to call it live)". It's very common in Imo. Anambra says "soro" but it could mean "soro ha" meaning "follow them". "fara" means join in the sense that *even though the space is small, we will try to accommodate you.

Hope that gives you some sense..kid
[/size]

nonsense and trash...
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 29, 2015
Omololu007:
it is not bia-fra but bi-a-fra,,so you ibos should stop claiming what is not yours

out of hatred. U don't kno wen u confessed biafra is not just an igbo thing. Niger delta and south east. Mr. in Oshi-omo-ole voice. go and die...

better yet kill urself.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Omololu007:
Please,what is the meaning of Biafra in ibo language?

Modify:
A lot of ibos don't even know the meaning of biafra,yet they keep screaming biafra up and down.Biafra is a word that was gotten from the subgroup biafar or biafada of the Tenda ethnic group who reside in guinea-bissau.the European travellers refer to people from some part of cameroon,gabon and gambia as biafrans,so it has nothing to do with ibos alone or the eastern part of Nigeria.

You cannot understand the meaning of Biafra if you did not know that Oduduwa was a drunkard and womanizer.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2015
coolitempa:
Biafra means be fraudulent......flat.heads are despicable human beings.... cheesy

You are a sick douche bag. Only fool users another person's photograph to represent oneself.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by 2ruink(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2015
This kind of question was why ur father disowned u and here u are at it again.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Matecoson(m): 5:00pm On May 25, 2017
Hmn...
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by danielrichards: 1:01am On Oct 06, 2017
Biafara don't consist of only the Ibo tribe. Its a combination of tribes which includes most of the south south and extends into Cameroon. Now we have to think outside the box here, The Europeans made these boundaries and not around tribal borders. Just because you see a dot or a river that says Biafrara on an old Portuguese map doesn't mean the settlement of the Arabia people don't extend westward beyond the borders of Nigeria.

On another note: The old Portuguese maps that people always refer to is total incorrect and can't be used as reference. the map was drawn with very little information. example, where is river Niger and river Benue? What is the river going across the desert etc.

the attached map can also be a reference.

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by danielrichards: 1:25am On Oct 06, 2017
Old Portuguese Map.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern unity Towards 2019 Elections / Which Tribe Does Lokoja Belongs To?. / LASG Hands Over New Temporary Court Complex At Osborne To The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.