Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

The true meaning of the word Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The true meaning of the word Biafra (11235 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by SonOfEl(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
biafra is not an ibo word,so u ibos should stop claiming what is not yours

your biase has long been busted...... and who said Biafra consisted only IGBOS? first class mugu.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by GENTLENNAJI(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
BIA-FRA
Bia: is Come
FRA: is join or see
Biafra is come and join

2 Likes

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Princewill1:
YOU ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION!
If its an english word;tell me what it means in english.
If its a portuguese word;tell me what it means in portuguese.
Maybe it is a yoruba word?
I'm waiting for its meaning from ur own perspective BUSYBODY!
the portuguese refer to people from gabon,eq guines,southern Nigeria etc as biafrans.so ibos should find another name to give to their country
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Princewill1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
the portuguese refer to people from gabon,eq guines,southern Nigeria etc as biafrans.so ibos should find another name to give to their country
Pls your carry lies and go!

They refers to gabon,eq guines and southern Nigeria as biafrans?

Then what do they refers to Yoruba,togo,ghana,ivory coast,cameron,senegal,eastern and souther Africa?

And why do they group gabon,eq guines and southern Nigeria differently?

You keep exposing ur level of education.

The Biafra u see in ancient African map has been there as a kingdom for hundreds of years.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
you are wrong,bia is come in ibo language,not ''bi''

I'm more interested in what eko means in yoruba. I heard it is a Bini word.

The Bini conquered yorrobers and named them.

The Fulanis with hausa gave you the name bayerabe like slaves. Unlike Igbos that named themselves Igbokwe, Igbonacho, Igbogadi. There is nowhere 'yoruba' is recorded in their history.

The fulanis after naming you, used the hausa slaves to conquer you and put Emirs on your land. grin

How will you explain to your grandchildren that you have an Emir(put there by his ab00ki shoemaker) and not an Oba in yorubaland when his Igbo friend mocks him in school? grin

1 Like

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Princewill1:
Pls your carry lies and go!

They refers to gabon,eq guines and southern Nigeria as biafrans?

Then what do they refers to Yoruba,togo,ghana,ivory coast,cameron,senegal,eastern and souther Africa?

And why do they group gabon,eq guines and southern Nigeria differently?

You keep exposing ur level of education.

The Biafra u see in ancient African map has been there as a kingdom for hundreds of years.
your mumu no get part two,so yorubas are not part of southern Nigeria? Your mumu must be on a higher grade for you to think biafra is a ibo word grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by coolitempa(f): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Biafra means be fraudulent......flat.heads are despicable human beings.... cheesy
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Gratia(f): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:

And what is your business in our biafra? Are you now our SSA on naming issues?
you people don't like we igbos yet you created a thread to advice us. Anuofia!
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Gratia:

And what is your business in our biafra? Are you now our SSA on naming issues?
you people don't like we igbos yet you created a thread to advice us. Anuofia!
are u sleeping when your ibo brothers were asking for the meaning of eko these morning?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
coolitempa:
Biafra means be fraudulent......flat.heads are despicable human beings.... cheesy
grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Princewill1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
your mumu no get part two,so yorubas are not part of southern Nigeria? Your mumu must be on a higher grade for you to think biafra is a ibo word grin
Lol u mean yoruba is part of southern Nigeria that the portuguese you claimed called Biafra?

Lol So u want to drag yoruba into Biafra Nation?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
Princewill1:
Lol u mean yoruba is part of southern Nigeria that the portuguese you claimed called Biafra?

Lol So u want to drag yoruba into Biafra Nation?
so you don't even know that the name "biafra" has been existing before 1967 grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Princewill1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
so you don't even know that the name "biafra" has been existing before 1967 grin
No I have the accient map with me from Radio Biafra facebook page.

What I'm saying is that I don't believe that yorubaland is part of the southern Nigeria included in it.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Op is high on Oshogbo weed.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Princewill1:
No I have the accient map with me from Radio Biafra facebook page.

What I'm saying is that I don't believe that yorubaland is part of the southern Nigeria included in it.
go and check the real map then.biafra is not an ibo thing..the word biafra was not even gotten from ibo language or any other language in Nigeria
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
Op is high on Oshogbo weed.
how is he high on oshogbo weed?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by cheruv: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
you are wrong,bia is come in ibo language,not ''bi''
He's right though he didn't put it well
Biāfra is composed of two syllables
Bia - come
Afra - join

The name is said to be a corruption of an ancient term which was B'efrayim(for Ephraim).
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
how is he high on oshogbo weed?
what is the yoruba meaning of Nigeria? Let's see if you are higher than I'm
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
what is the yoruba meaning of Nigeria? Let's see if you are higher than I'm
Nigeria is an english word.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
Nigeria is an english word.
what's the meaning of Nigeria in English? Educate me

1 Like

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
cheruv:

He's right though he didn't put it well
Biāfra is composed of two syllables
Bia - come
Afra - join

The name is said to be a corruption of an ancient term which was B'efrayim(for Ephraim).
these is where you ibos keep getting it wrong,biafra was a name European travellers used in describing the entire region east of river Niger,including some areas in cameroon and gabon..the word biafra was gotten from the tenda ethnic group in Guinea bissau.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
what's the meaning of Nigeria in English? Educate me
go and ask an English man
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by ibadantiti(f): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
wink you Are very funny

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
GENTLENNAJI:
BIA-FRA
Bia: is Come
FRA: is join or see
Biafra is come and join
A lot of ibos don't even know the meaning of biafra,yet they keep screaming biafra up and down.Biafra is a word that was gotten from the subgroup biafar or biafada of the Tenda ethnic group who reside in guinea-bissau.the European travellers refer to people from some part of cameroon,gabon and gambia as biafrans,so it has nothing to do with ibos alone or the eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
Please,what is the meaning of Biafra in ibo language?

Modify:
A lot of ibos don't even know the meaning of biafra,yet they keep screaming biafra up and down.Biafra is a word that was gotten from the subgroup biafar or biafada of the Tenda ethnic group who reside in guinea-bissau.the European travellers refer to people from some part of cameroon,gabon and gambia as biafrans,so it has nothing to do with ibos alone or the eastern part of Nigeria.

Ok, that is your own meaning and origin. Same word mea different thing to different people. For me it is from:

BIA - Come
FRA - See!!! or Behold!!!

So, BIAFRA means Come and Behold ... WONDERS grin grin grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
go and ask an English man
you are a foool to think Nigeria is an English name. Can you now see why I think you are high on osogbo weed?
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xetima:

Ok, that is your own meaning and origin. Same word mea different thing to different people. For me it is from:

BIA - Come

tell him to tell us what Nigeria means in yoruba.
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Xetima:

BIA - Come

only your ibo brothers and sisters will believe yours grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
you are a foool to think Nigeria is an English name. Can you now see why I think you are high on osogbo weed?
e don pain dis one grin
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by ibadantiti(f): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
only your ibo brothers and sisters will believe yours grin

Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Omololu007:
e don pain dis one grin
say u no sabi the yoruba meaning of Nigeria? Osogbo weed bad gan
Re: The true meaning of the word Biafra by Omololu007(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
menabadoo:
ok I don hear u,can you now go and drown yourself in the lagoon cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Saw In Onitsha Today: Nnamdi Kanu Vs Muhammadu Buhari / Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful / Edo Lp/obidient Fitness Walk Suffers Setback As Top Stakeholders Pull Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.