Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka (25363 Views)

Buhari; An Economic Illiterate, Recession To Last 5 Years – Diplomats / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Obasanjo Is A Liar & Economic Illiterate - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by LILYCHERISH(f): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2015
PvtParts:
This is the kind of leaders you have in the south.

Now compare these two old fools with politicians and elites from the north.

Have you heard or read of northern politicians fighting themselves on the pages of newspapers?

In so many ways, the north deserves to rule the south.
u r a f**l
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by sinizia: 11:10am On Aug 29, 2015
ijustdey:

[size=18pt]His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do.
He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more
successful aparo (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic.
“Wole Soyinka is a gifted man. I have always
acknowledged that but he is a bad politician and I
have also always said that. That is my own point of view. He may agree with it, he may not agree with it. For instance, I know that if I want somebody to give me the best wine, one of the people I will go to is Wole Soyinka and I know he has a taste for good wine and I said that in the book.”[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-a-liar-economic-illiterate-soyinka/

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by redsun(m): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2015
A good politician in Nigeria is a personification of evil,i.e,obj himself.
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by shut(f): 11:21am On Aug 29, 2015
I love uncle wole not for too many things but he's one man who's not scared to spit out his thoughts on bothering issues. He doesn't need to be right always, his guts is enough
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:54am On Aug 29, 2015
Reference:

I am not a fan of Soyinka by a long shot but this your idea is ridiculous. You assume it is only by posts and positions that people contribute to society and build nations. No wonder politics is so crass and vindictive, no wonder people steal, kill and destroy to get there. For your information (and you should be a good student of objective history), follow the life and times of Obasanjo right through the civil war to the present day and you will see a man who has contributed much more than any other to the place and point we are as a nation. This is a man at the centre of most ills we find today. If there is a Mr. Expediency, OBJ is it. I am not a fan of Soyinka at all but he is miles ahead of OBJ in NOT DESTROYING NIGERIA. I don't misunderstand movement for motion.

You are one of those who aren't deep enough and just graze the surface. Obj was never a perfect man and I don't think hr claims that too.
But anyone with critical analysis will judge him OK.
I am not related to him in anyway, but I think only shallow minds find it easy to blame someone else easily.

We all are the problem of Nigeria, not Obj alone. What about Ibb, Shagari, GMB (the incumbent) and sanni abacha?

Why are you making it look like OBJ is our problems? There have been two Democratic regimes after him, and the nation is even in a more sorry state with depleted reserves.

If you say Obj is the most terrible - I'll give you a few things to note

He aided debt cancellation
He left about 42 billion dollars in the reserve
At least my parents are civil servants, and many like themnever dreamt of buying cars let alone build a house - an by the time Obj was leaving most civil servants had a different story...

These are just a few, if you were alive in Obj civilian regime, you will know things weren't this tough.

I hate it when people are not practical. Everyone wants to blame who others blame in order to divert attention.

If your wife gave birth to triplet, its Objs fault, if you're sick - na Obj; anything bad in Nigeria is Objs fault.

Only lazy people blame others continually for their inadequacies.

FOR HOW LONG WILL YOU ALL KEEP BLAMING A GREAT GRANDFATHER FOR YOUR WOES angry
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by fejikudz(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
ichoku:
The worst part is that the two illiterates, political and economic, connived to give Nigeria a total illiterate as president.
cheesy
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ijaw1stson: 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=ORACLE1975 post=37446855]what's the Prof saying.[/quote

scroll up n read it bro
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
The nation of barbarians indeed! I think South Africans are more organized and civilized than Nigerians! Zulus would be laughing at us after reading this thread. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
NovusHomo:

GEJ (El Stupido), may "IT" never happen to any nation again, not even to our enemies.
id1ot

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by babestella: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
PvtParts:
This is the kind of leaders you have in the south.

Now compare these two old fools with politicians and elites from the north.

Have you heard or read of northern politicians fighting themselves on the pages of newspapers?

In so many ways, the north deserves to rule the south.

I agree with you totally.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by litetias(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Soyinka is an intellectual genius and Obasanjo a political heavyweight, and when two elephants fight .......

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by BishopMagic: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
LILYCHERISH:
u r a f**l

Thank you.
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by felipemadero(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
OBASANJO
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by brineted1010: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
thanks to prof; Soyinka for having the courage to tell that gorilla Obasanjo what he is.
this differentiates you from all those uneducated thieves and criminals who have been embezzling our country's money.
you and your kind (learned ones) should be leaders of that crime infested country
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by favourlove1: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
I laugh in ogwashi!!! N to think Nigerians swallowed hook line n sinker everything baba Iyabo wrote against Gej? Most Nigerians are so gullible. I think Obj needs to make peace with God. He has so much bottled up n thinks so highly of Himself. May God give him peace.
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by olaboy33(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
This is far too bad for men of their status.....but kongi is highly educated than all this nah......OBJ too is highly knowlegable politically than all this....
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by free13: 11:12am On Aug 31, 2015
calebo101:
They're both useless fellows. They can beef themselves till they come to their senses and realise they should be exemplary characters for the upcoming ones.

Maybe if Soyinka had maintained his calling he might have grabbed that Oxford poet seat but I'm sure his egocentric character was an attribute to his failed quest.

Obasanjo on his own is an endemic failure with leaking mouth. A man that ruled Nigeria for 8 peaceful years but dragged us backwards. He's a coward who can't own up to any of his actions. Always looking for the easy way out. The same man that presided over the loss of bakassi and was scared stiff of his masters up North he had to authorise Sharia laws in Nigeria. He's a useless man... little wonder in his old age his family has abandoned him undecided.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does The Police Have Any Constitutional Right To Go Through A Citizen`s Phone? / APC Will Lose 2023 Election If It Disrespects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket / Tinubu Attends Jumat Service At Ansar-Ud-Deen Mosque (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.