Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. (3953 Views)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum / Why Is Fuel #87 In The North And #120 - #130 In The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2015
agarawu23:
shout? no ma!

anybody from any tribe can be appointed. all I want and pray for is the movement of this country(for good).

I don't gv a damn about tribes.
I read your post wrongly, apologies

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I have an assignment for you, go find out the difference(s) between quota system and federal character. You may add Educationally Less Developed States (ELDS). Do that, then we'll discuss.
Federal character is also a quota based system.
It aim is to satisfy those who ordinarily would not get anything in a merit based society.
Federal character would give a ministerial post to sokoto at the expense of ogun even if the ogun indigene is far more qualified.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

what does political appointees mean?
Is perm secs now a political appointment? isn't it by civil service? what about the quota system of government? What is the cut off marks for education in the north vs the south. You apc people are the devil they are telling us about
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by seunmsg(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Merit in the Nigerian context is skewed.
The civil service allocated slots to both the south and the north.
The north gets the majority of the allocated positions and is usually given to children of northern elites and their friends and colleagues and whoever they feel like giving who must be a northerner of course.
The very significantly reduced slots allocated to the south is fiercely contested with all kinds of interviews and tests and is somewhat merit based.
This is what plays out in every single govt agency especially the military and customs.

Am not too sure you are very familiar with the recruitment process of the federal civil service commission. Once vacancies are declared, the numbers of vacant positions are shared equally among the 36 states and the FCT. All the states have federal commissioners that ensure that their states are not cheated.

Talking of merit, it doesn't exit anywhere in the civil service. Whether north or south, the politicians who are appointed as federal commissioners simply fill all vacancies with candidates of their parties and political cronies with little or no regard for merit. Interviews when conducted are just smokescreen.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Permanent secretaries is what you want to use to debunk northern domination?
smh.
Oga we like to deal with facts, pls post yours here and not assumptions
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Is perm secs now a political appointment? isn't it by civil service? what about the quota system of government? What is the cut off marks for education in the north vs the south. You apc people are the devil they are telling us about
The same people who need a cutoff mark of 2 to gain admission will grow up and dominate our govt and civil service, while those who need a whooping 170 to even get look-in will be systematically marginalized.
And some people are okay with that?
Nigerians are not serious yet.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Federal character is also a quota based system.
It aim is to satisfy those who ordinarily would not get anything in a merit based society.
Federal character would give a ministerial post to sokoto at the expense of ogun even if the ogun indigene is far more qualified.
So because Ogun State is more educationally advanced than Sokoto State, Sokoto shouldn't have a minister? Go do the assignment I gave you.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Madam stick to the topic, you can open another thread for education. As its stands today, without ministers, the south dominants government
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by MizMyColi(f): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
The civil service where promotion to certain levels is attained by merit via rigorous processes following laid down civil service rules can't in all honesty be compared to political appointments.

My point exactly bro.

Those folks put in years of service.
Not sure though, but it's likely some of them worked with Obasanjo.
Plus, last I checked, I didn't quite hear of any sensational news where GEJ was said to have appointed a permanent secretary. Heck I didn't even know their names.

They were largely irrelevant to the media till Buhari came on board.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Oga we like to deal with facts, pls post yours here and not assumptions
I have posted fact which you have ignored for irrelevancies.
The civil service is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
The military is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
The govt is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2015
I see the usual suspects viewing without comments o, they have been all over the place since Thursday
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
I have posted fact which you have ignored for irrelevancies.
The civil service is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
The military is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
The govt is dominated by northern staffs- that is a fact.
It's facts because you say so?
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Madam stick to the topic, you can open another thread for education. As its stands today, without ministers, the south dominants government
No, do not run away from facts you mischievous being. How does south dominate government as it stands today? Even going by your logic, add up all Buhari's appointments and nothern perm secs together and the north is still largely dominating the south. You should learn to stop disgracing yourself by thinking we all are fools
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:06am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

what facts do you want? Facts that suit you and your northern hegemony?
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by EdCure: 10:06am On Aug 29, 2015
NosaHenry:
We are talking of Buhari's political appointees
Bolded, added.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

C'mon, are you trying to deny this?
okay.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

My point exactly bro.

Those folks put in years of service.
Not sure though, but it's likely some of them worked with Obasanjo.
Plus, last I checked, I didn't quite hear of any sensational news where GEJ was said to have appointed a permanent secretary. Heck I didn't even know their names.

They were largely irrelevant to the media till Buhari came on board.

The bolded is the point here, the northerners didn't complain because it's no biggie not like the shameless way we have been all over the media since Thursday.

BTW I thought the civil service too is dominated by northerners, how come they have few perm secs

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2015
EdCure:

Bolded, added.
Apparently Buhari is on a revenge mission according to Obiagelli.. #APCChange
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
C'mon, are you trying to deny this? okay.
I am asking for facts
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:
It has been said over and over again that the north has a grip on the top offices in Nigeria, in support of sweetlemon's thread yesterday, below is the list of permanent secretaries in nigeria,

1. Dr. M. Nwaobiala OHCSF - MSO /Special Duties

2. Cyril Nnabuike Eneh Youth Development

3. Prof. N. A. Damachi OSGF- Political Affairs

4. Prof. S. Ogamdi Labour & Productivity

5. I G. Mahe Culture and Tourism

6. Dr. A. J. Awosika OHCSF CMO

7. Goni Musa Sheik Petroleum Resources

8. Mrs. E. B. Emuren Mines and Steel

9. S. B. Ozigis Interior

10. Danladi Kifasi Finance

11. Ms Anne Ene-Ita Aviation

12. S. D. Kassim OSGF GSO

13. Dr D.B. Ibe OSGF - EAO

14. E. I. Ogbile OSGF-CS

15. I. A. Odusote OSGF- Ecological Fund

16. Sani Lawal Mohammed OSGF - SSO

17. Umar Farouk Baba OSGF-Special Duties

18. Pius J. Major OHCSF CSO

19. S. O. Willoughby OHCSF-MDO

20. Charles Bonat OHCSF ERO

21. Dauda Kigbu OHCSF- BPSR

22. Martin Uhomoibhi Foreign Affairs

23. Dr B. N. Olorunfemi Environment

24. Dr. S. A. Adegoroye FCTA

25. Dr. Ibrahim J. Daudu State House

26. F. B. Bamidele Agriculture & Rural Dev.

27. Mr. A. S. Olayisade Science & Technology

28. I.B. Sali Power

29. O. A. Afolabi Education

30. Aliyu Salihu Gusau FCSC

31. Dr. A.K. Mohammed Commerce and Industry

32. I. A. Kuta Women Affairs

33 Esther Gonda Police Service Commission

34 Mohammed S. Bashar Information & Communications

35 Abdulahi Yola Justice

36 Dr. (Mrs) E. A. Abebe Transport

37 Dr. E. O. Oyemomi Defence

38 Linus Awute Health

39 Dr. Yahaya Abdullahi Niger Delta

40 Bukar Goni Aji Police Affairs

41 Dr. T. B. Ingawa Works

42 Zikora Ozodinobi Housing & Urban Development

43 Dr. Godknows Igali Water Resources

From my count, there are less than 15 northerners in that list of 43 yet over the years we never heard any noise from the north about marginalisation.

Now I believe the south, expecially few, wants to dominate the north at all cost.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

www..com/ng/my-nigeria/38341-list-of-nigeria-permanent-secretary.html

thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Apparently Buhari is on a revenge mission according to Obiagelli.. #APCChange
He could be on a balancing mission that you folks desperately clamor for
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

The bolded is the point here, the northerners didn't complain because it's no biggie not like the shameless way we have been all over the media since Thursday.

BTW I thought the civil service too is dominated by northerners, how come they have few perm secs
You want me to post links of northerns complaining and whining about Jonathan's government. Even Buhari's newly appointed customs boss was among the northern wailers..
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So because Ogun State is more educationally advanced than Sokoto State, Sokoto shouldn't have a minister? Go do the assignment I gave you.
If this is what you can derive from my post, then you really need comprehension lessons.
Anyway,Continue your quota system cum federal character, buhari will come and go and you people will still be shouting for change.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:11am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

He could be on a balancing mission that you folks desperately clamor for
indeed.. #APCScam #BuhariScam
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

You want me to post links of northerns complaining and whining about Jonathan's government. Even Buhari's newly appointed customs boss was among the northern wailers..
I helps the debate, so long as its appointment based.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

you have totally gone mad. you can have your thread
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CyberWolf: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2015
Madam OP, do you want us to start pulling out their states of Origin one by one? Why are you being mischievous? grin cheesy
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CyberWolf: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Ask her to pull out the states of origin of all those in the list lets see how it goes.. grin
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CyberWolf: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2015
Besides your source is not working...bring a better source lets start from there. All we are gonna dissect their state of origin and geopolitical zones one by one, lets see if it's not balanced.. If you run away from this thread, then I know that you are a hopeless ediot angry
Obiagelli:
It has been said over and over again that the north has a grip on the top offices in Nigeria, in support of sweetlemon's thread yesterday, below is the list of permanent secretaries in nigeria,

1. Dr. M. Nwaobiala OHCSF - MSO /Special Duties

2. Cyril Nnabuike Eneh Youth Development

3. Prof. N. A. Damachi OSGF- Political Affairs

4. Prof. S. Ogamdi Labour & Productivity

5. I G. Mahe Culture and Tourism

6. Dr. A. J. Awosika OHCSF CMO

7. Goni Musa Sheik Petroleum Resources

8. Mrs. E. B. Emuren Mines and Steel

9. S. B. Ozigis Interior

10. Danladi Kifasi Finance

11. Ms Anne Ene-Ita Aviation

12. S. D. Kassim OSGF GSO

13. Dr D.B. Ibe OSGF - EAO

14. E. I. Ogbile OSGF-CS

15. I. A. Odusote OSGF- Ecological Fund

16. Sani Lawal Mohammed OSGF - SSO

17. Umar Farouk Baba OSGF-Special Duties

18. Pius J. Major OHCSF CSO

19. S. O. Willoughby OHCSF-MDO

20. Charles Bonat OHCSF ERO

21. Dauda Kigbu OHCSF- BPSR

22. Martin Uhomoibhi Foreign Affairs

23. Dr B. N. Olorunfemi Environment

24. Dr. S. A. Adegoroye FCTA

25. Dr. Ibrahim J. Daudu State House

26. F. B. Bamidele Agriculture & Rural Dev.

27. Mr. A. S. Olayisade Science & Technology

28. I.B. Sali Power

29. O. A. Afolabi Education

30. Aliyu Salihu Gusau FCSC

31. Dr. A.K. Mohammed Commerce and Industry

32. I. A. Kuta Women Affairs

33 Esther Gonda Police Service Commission

34 Mohammed S. Bashar Information & Communications

35 Abdulahi Yola Justice

36 Dr. (Mrs) E. A. Abebe Transport

37 Dr. E. O. Oyemomi Defence

38 Linus Awute Health

39 Dr. Yahaya Abdullahi Niger Delta

40 Bukar Goni Aji Police Affairs

41 Dr. T. B. Ingawa Works

42 Zikora Ozodinobi Housing & Urban Development

43 Dr. Godknows Igali Water Resources

From my count, there are less than 15 northerners in that list of 43 yet over the years we never heard any noise from the north about marginalisation.

Now I believe the south, expecially few, wants to dominate the north at all cost.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

www..com/ng/my-nigeria/38341-list-of-nigeria-permanent-secretary.html
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I think it would be great if other judge
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by omenka(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Lol, Now there is merit in the civil service because it favors you?
You can imagine the hypocrisy. It is best to just ignore these guys to keep wailing till eternity. They simply can't be helped.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by EdCure: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:
People talk about TRUST & GOOD INTENTION glibly. Moreover,It's said that the road to hell is paved with good intention.

But let's try a little bit of schooling here; One of the two popular definitions of politics are :
(1) authoritative allocation of resources and values
(2) Who get what,when and how

The implication of those definitions is that the much desired 'development' you want for your people may not come if there's no one to push their case in the boardroom when decision are being made.

SGF and CoS are the life wire of a government. They take the most decisions for the government.
I hope people will start being reasonable and not follow sheepishly.

I'm a Buhari supporter, and no matter the end result of this administration,i'll never regret my support for him because the only alternative at the last election was a disaster. But I won't defend the indefensible!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote / PMB Is Back But Will Depart To London On 15th September. / It Is Understandable When Hausas/fulani Behave Like This, But Yorubas....???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.