Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert (3255 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts. / 10 Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2015
Along years, I've learnt much from introvert persons, most of my siblings are introvert, same with my mine friends. Being an average extrovert, I got mix up with them, so sometimes I act like an introvert too. That aside. few years back, I got piss off towards introvert. Yes, because they're patience in public to take poo from bully, and they're all good enough to fix things perfectly, they read people carefully and I can say they're uniquely superb. If you've the right ones that may influence you positively. I went in research why they behave the way they do. Yes, this may blow ur mind, introvert are my best pals so far, yes I meant that. Cos I discover they are people of class, attitude, embodiment of knowledge, great thinkers, encompass with great Ideas.

Now Here Are 10
Myths of Introvert:
#1 : Introverts don’t like to talk. This is not true. Introverts just
don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small
talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are
interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 : Introverts are shy. Shyness has nothing to do with
being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to
interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you
want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 : Introverts are rude. Introverts often don’t see a
reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries.
They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately,
this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a
lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 : Introverts don’t like people. On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you
probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their
respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 : Introverts don’t like to go out in public. Nonsense. Introverts just don’t
like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready
to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging
is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 : Introverts always want to be alone. Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own
thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have
problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get
incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their
discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 : Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t
make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 : Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention
to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner
world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 : Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If
there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to
the neurotransmitte r called Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.
Myth #10 : Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and
philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of
techniques an Extrovert can learn
in order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these
two terms on purpose to show
you how biased our society is.) Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament
and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study
(Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ. Are you an introvert/ extrovert?
Which of the above don't you agree with?

Least before I forget let's invite some guest: Midasliss,
Cc:Lalasticlala, Introvert, Ladyf. Be my guest for the weekend.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by INTROVERT(f): 11:03am On Aug 29, 2015
what's up with all this introvert threads every 5 seconds.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Cutehector(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2015
Lmao grin
Introvert u nEed to change ur moniker cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by victor2fresh(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2015
INTROVERT shey u don hear am

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by hayodeyji(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2015
hmmm
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by kamair237(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2015
For a second NL INTROVERT tut she was trending...

LWKMD!!!

Op good job....

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by FruityLass: 11:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Copy and paste...............e no dey tire u?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 29, 2015
#Endorsed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 11:23am On Aug 29, 2015
INTROVERT:
what's up with all this introvert threads every 5 seconds.

lol... May be because I tend to intrude ur privacy today. Any more question?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Beamborla(f): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2015
You try smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2015
waoh , you just talked about me

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 11:27am On Aug 29, 2015
FruityLass:
Copy and paste...............e no dey tire u?

Atleast I strike the main string
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Dajugba: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
#Endorsed.
Bravo... That's how we roll. Atlest not to a permanent site yet
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by jmoore(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2015
I am an introvert.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Juxtified(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2015
Dajugba:
Along years, I've learnt much from introvert persons, most of my siblings are introvert, same with my mine friends. Being an average extrovert, I got mix up with them, so sometimes I act like an introvert too. That aside. few years back, I got piss off towards introvert. Yes, because they're patience in public to take poo from bully, and they're all good enough to fix things perfectly, they read people carefully and I can say they're uniquely superb. If you've the right ones that may influence you positively. I went in research why they behave the way they do. Yes, this may blow ur mind, introvert are my best pals so far, yes I meant that. Cos I discover they are people of class, attitude, embodiment of knowledge, great thinkers, encompass with great Ideas.

Now Here Are 10
Myths of Introvert:
#1 : Introverts don’t like to talk. This is not true. Introverts just
don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small
talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are
interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 : Introverts are shy. Shyness has nothing to do with
being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to
interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you
want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 : Introverts are rude. Introverts often don’t see a
reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries.
They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately,
this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a
lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 : Introverts don’t like people. On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you
probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their
respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 : Introverts don’t like to go out in public. Nonsense. Introverts just don’t
like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready
to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging
is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 : Introverts always want to be alone. Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own
thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have
problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get
incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their
discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 : Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t
make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 : Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention
to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner
world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 : Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If
there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to
the neurotransmitte r called Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.
Myth #10 : Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and
philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of
techniques an Extrovert can learn
in order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these
two terms on purpose to show
you how biased our society is.) Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament
and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study
(Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ. Are you an introvert/ extrovert?
Which of the above don't you agree with?

Least before I forget let's invite some guest: Midabliss,
Cc: Lalasticlala, Introvert, Ladyf. Be my guest for the weekend.
100% on point
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
jmoore:
I am an introvert.
OK
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm so much in love with people that have the introvert personality
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:
I'm so much in love with people that have the introvert personality
Why? Are you one?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Why? Are you one?

Yes i'm one
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:

Yes i'm one
Hmmm.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by wisdomiskey(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Hmmm.
Ahhhh!
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Why? Are you one?
Really I don't know I guess is just the way God created me
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:
That's what they always say.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Alright what makes you a extrovert ?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Alright what makes you a extrovert ?
I am like you.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by marshalcarter: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ookk. M an intro but I aint rude tongue
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
I am like you.
Ok Do you have a reason for being an introvert ?
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:

Ok Do you have a reason for being an introvert ?
Lol. No I don't.
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Rukkydelta(f): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aisha95:
Lol. No I don't.
Hmmmn
Re: 10 Myths Of Introvert That Makes Introvert Exceptional From Extrovert by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Hmmmn
Lmao. You are one funny girl.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fight With Brother's Wife. / What Are Chances My Wife Is Cheating On Me,her Pics Attached / Should I Tell My Fiancee That My Womb Was Removed Due To Abortions In My Past?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.